AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 66 70.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 24.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 4.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-14, 02:10   Link #41
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
In the flashback it confirms that Satsuki is incompatible with Life Fibers. Plus, even if she was compatible she'd just be taken over by Junketsu. So all this time she was forcibly wearing Junketsu which can only bring out a small portion of its true powers. Ragyu can utilize its full power because she's already fully merged with life fibers, just like Ryuko.
But Ragyu still used override instead of Synchronize. Plus even her mother said she just was not ready to use Junketsu which honestly isn't horrible its nice to see in anime once where it is just a simple case of you are not yet ready for this power.
Old 2014-02-14, 02:29   Link #42
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Sister team up followed by matricide.

Make it happen TRIGGER! You'll find the way!
Yeah, but first... Matoi & Satsuki have gotta regroup and recuperate.

What better place to do it than in the slums at the Mankanshoku family house.

Then we could have to opportunity to see Matarō, Barazō and Guts peep on not only Matoi... but Satsuki as well... I wonder how she'll take it ???
Old 2014-02-14, 02:34   Link #43
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
But Ragyu still used override instead of Synchronize. Plus even her mother said she just was not ready to use Junketsu which honestly isn't horrible its nice to see in anime once where it is just a simple case of you are not yet ready for this power.
I guess they're both forcing Junketsu to do their will, just in different ways. Satsuki was suppressing Junketsu because she was afraid of him (since her dad told her she'd be consumed) but Ragyu was just bending him to her will? I'm thinking Junketsu might not be so different from Senketsu after all.
Old 2014-02-14, 02:55   Link #44
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I wish this show wasn't so horribly predictable, it would go a long way to making it so much more enjoyable. I mean I can only appreciate it half as much as I'd like purely on its execution / production values / art direction, the content it's applied to fails to make a complimentary other half.

Also the teacher mech thing continues to be horribly stupid.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2014-02-14, 03:29   Link #45
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I wish this show wasn't so horribly predictable, it would go a long way to making it so much more enjoyable. I mean I can only appreciate it half as much as I'd like purely on its execution / production values / art direction, the content it's applied to fails to make a complimentary other half.

Predictable isn't always a bad thing. I don't think the show has ever tried to be anything more than what it is: an action/adventure story with a crazy plot. Sure, it would be nice if the show had better misdirection/red herrings to surprise viewers, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing that it's straightforward storytelling, either. Personally I was impressed at how thorough Satsuki's plan was, even taking advantage of an "unexpected bath" to get into the Life Fiber chamber. Too bad her mom is hax, eh?

Don't take that as me telling you you're wrong to have your opinion though. We all look for different things in our entertainment, right?

Admittedly, the Nudist Beach stuff has kinda burned through its comedic routine though. I think it's silly as well. But at least he can fight in the damn thing!
Old 2014-02-14, 03:52   Link #46
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Predictable isn't always a bad thing. I don't think the show has ever tried to be anything more than what it is: an action/adventure story with a crazy plot. Sure, it would be nice if the show had better misdirection/red herrings to surprise viewers, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing that it's straightforward storytelling, either. Personally I was impressed at how thorough Satsuki's plan was, even taking advantage of an "unexpected bath" to get into the Life Fiber chamber. Too bad her mom is hax, eh?

Don't take that as me telling you you're wrong to have your opinion though. We all look for different things in our entertainment, right?

Admittedly, the Nudist Beach stuff has kinda burned through its comedic routine though. I think it's silly as well. But at least he can fight in the damn thing!
Mikisugi rocks !

Spoiler for Please "take me" seriously...:
Old 2014-02-14, 04:06   Link #47
Allium
Keep on keeping on

What an episode! Satsuki standing up to her crazy Kefka-esque mum was awesome to watch, even though she took quite the beating. The revelation that Ryuuko was Ragyo's child was nothing surprising, since it had been widely speculated, but it pretty much sets up Ryuuko and Satsuki as potential allies. Seeing Nui Harime getting pwned was good too.

Unfortunately Ragyo is way too OP for them at this point, and what more with Junketsu. Hopefully next episode we'll see what the Four Devas and Nudist Beach are gonna come up with.
Old 2014-02-14, 04:13   Link #48
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post
Then we could have to opportunity to see Matarō, Barazō and Guts peep on not only Matoi... but Satsuki as well... I wonder how she'll take it ???
She'll freeze on pleace, then cristal pearls will appear in her eyes while being all moe and stuff. Ya'know, child abuse trauma and all.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2014-02-14, 05:13   Link #49
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenCalBayan View Post
Are you so eager to see Mako an orphan? Then she'll all be gloomy and emo and stuff. That would be horrible.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-02-14, 05:20   Link #50
Noidea

My girl friend guessed that they were sister pretty much after the 5th episode too much resemblance for an anime to be coincidence. Same hair colour, similar mannerism and righteousness. Satsuki is probably going to get the other part of the scissor from Nuu.

Also lots of the design her Matoi makes sense now, since she's made of life fibers. The spool eyes, the red bangs. Man Gainax guys are always so amazing.
Old 2014-02-14, 05:20   Link #51
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 18:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2014-02-14, 05:42   Link #52
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noidea View Post
Man Gainax guys are always so amazing.
This isn't by Gainax. This is produced by Studio Trigger with former employees of Gainax.
Old 2014-02-14, 05:49   Link #53
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noidea View Post
My girl friend guessed that they were sister pretty much after the 5th episode too much resemblance for an anime to be coincidence. Same hair colour, similar mannerism and righteousness. Satsuki is probably going to get the other part of the scissor from Nuu.
Inb4 "scissor sisters" .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-02-14, 06:31   Link #54
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Soichiro looks nothing like Isshin though O_o
Makeup.

Seriously though, Soichiro and Isshin, even if they weren't the same person, it's safe to say they were working together. He must have been a shadow founder of Nudist Beach. It may even have been his idea to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I'm starting to think the woman with the blue scissor blade still exists.
Yes. Her name is Nui Harime. Perhaps you've seen her? Cute, petite, wears lots of pink, sounds a lot like Nanoha. Polite enough, but she makes Charles Manson look like Mother Teresa. Her scissor blade is purple, though.

No one ever had a blue blade, and the hypothetical blue-bladed person your talking about also didn't have Satsuki's hair. Ryuko's feelings clouded her perceptions, making her imprint her current foe (Satsuki) and her current foe's color scheme (blue) on her memories of Nui. That's why the killer looks two different ways in her memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaouji View Post
Episode was great except for the dumb contrivance where they reveal that Ryuko and Satsuki are sisters AFTER they divulge that Ragyo had disposed of her first second daughter after a seemingly failed experiment in the very same episode. Its a cheap and ineffective twist that capped off an otherwise great episode filled with some nice action sequences and other ridiculous reveals.
The "disposed of daughter" was the reveal. The part where Ragyo calls Ryuko her daughter was for the sake of the other characters and those viewers who hadn't yet picked up on it.

Perhaps if people didn't automatically dismiss TRIGGER as constantly pandering to the lowest common denominator, they might see that there are more levels to this series than appear at first glance. Do I think they'll be teaching this series in classrooms in 50 years? No, but it's not all DBZ yelling and magical girl transformations, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Though I am wondering how Ryuko managed to live considering the flashback implied she died in the experiment.
This episode ended with Ragyo ripping her heart out, several minutes after Ragyo plopped her own 99.44% decapitated head back onto her body. Is anyone really wondering how Ryuko will "manage to live" to the next episode? ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
You misspelled "incredibly" and "awesome".
Old 2014-02-14, 06:54   Link #55
JamJackEvo

Had a feeling the relations between Ryuko and Satsuki would be like this ages ago, though I was leaning more towards half-siblings than full. Meh.

But, like last episode, the execution of the twist is damn unexpected. And for me it feels like a really dark Valentine's Day turn for the phrase, "You stole my heart!"
Old 2014-02-14, 07:05   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Fantastic episode. Lots of great action, a truly engaging chaotic thrill-ride, and some well-executed twists.

The thing with the twists is that most of us here are genre-savvy enough, and/or familiar enough with anime/fiction/writing in general, that we tend to be pretty good at determining the most likely/effective ways for an anime show/narrative to develop. It is still possible to surprise people, but it is tricky, and you have to go against conventional writing wisdom - Which can be tricky/risky itself, as conventional writing wisdom is what it is for a reason.

For example, making Ryuko and Satsuki sisters is simply a great idea on its face. I mean, here's your most bitter and powerful rival for most of the show, and she's actually your sister. It's a wondrous thing to throw at your main protagonist. It's just loaded with potential.

Ryuko now has to deal with the fact that her mother is Ragyo and her sister is Satsuki. She's now much more personally connected to all of this than she once was.

For me, now the most unpredictable part comes - Will Ryuko be Ok with trying to kill her own mother? Maybe she will be, but maybe she won't be. Maybe she'll think back to how much she loves and admires Mako's family, and wants to bring that to her own. But my, what a stretch - You couldn't get two families any more different than the Kiryuins and the Mankanshokus. If Ryuko tries to save her family, that's going to be a massive challenge in and of itself.

Perhaps she won't. Perhaps she'll want to kill Ragyo for much the same reason that Satsuki does - Avenging her father. Speaking of which, some of Satsuki's earlier criticisms of Ryuko now seem a bit hypocritical to me. Satsuki was trying to avenge her father no less than Ryuko was trying to avenge her father, and I suspect that this is a point that Ryuko will likely bring up to Satsuki later.

One twist that did surprise me a bit here was Satsuki's seemingly total defeat in just one episode. This was a definitely a great "statement" episode for Ragyo given how she thoroughly trashed Satsuki. If Satsuki comes back from this (which she probably will), it could make a great comeback story.
Old 2014-02-14, 08:08   Link #57
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

So much awesome condensed in one single episode. The hairs on the back of my neck is still standing.

I love how the 4 devas stood their ground against Nui. Most notably Sanageyama, it was especially satisfying to see him land a barrage of attacks on Nui because of what she did to him a couple of episodes back. They clearly grew stronger, but sadly not strong enough for Nui to take them seriously. They clearly lack the stopping power to cause serious damage on her, she just took them and shrugged it off. It was only then when Ryuuko achieved complete synchronization where we can clearly see Nui wetting herself trying to parry her attacks

Preview: It's time for Nudist Beach and devas to put a tough resistance while their bigs are gone.
Old 2014-02-14, 09:00   Link #58
Candyshark

We predicted plenty of things but did we know how will they be executed? I thought there will be tons of DBZ flying like jet, tousands of punches, slicing stadium in two not a freaking whoopin by a bully. It felt like Satsuki would be completely mauled into afterlife. I don't want for Satsuki to die but seeing the situation right now power ranking don't look good for her. She may become as usefull as Nudist Beach.

I had my gripes about Satsuki and Ryuuko being sisters and Ragyo ignoring such threat but seeing that scene and how coldhearted she reacted to death of her own child no wonder she didn't check who Ryuuko was. Trigger does good job to tie up loose threads.

Don't think Ryuuko should have problems with killing Ragyo, She never knew her mother, plus throwing own child's dead body like a trash doesn't speak in Kiryuuin favor.

At the moment we only have one big specualtion about Isshin and Souichiro being same person. Both genius scientists, both familiar with Life Fiber, we don't know how Souichiro died, both aimed to destroy Ragyo. The only problem is appearance difference but yeah poor lifestile and stress age people horribly especially in fiction.

As how last what 2-4 episode will go no clue. Elite Four can completly withdraw from fight just to hide Satsuki, go kamikaze style and try to blow up primordial life fiber, all team up, MK5 froms and so on. Logical thought is to go for Nui and her part of scissors since it can cut Life Fiber but she isn't walkover. I still don't get satsuki didn't try to get Nui's scissors part. She knew what monstrosity her mother is why use conventionla weapon like swords? I don't remember what is the origin story behind the scissors thou. was it created by Isshin? Why couldn't Nudist Beach replicate them?

P.S: Soichiro, awesome haircut.
P.S.S: Mako ED doesn't match mood of newest episodes.
Old 2014-02-14, 09:22   Link #59
CatRules
Shipper

It's time to change the series' name.

Kill la Kill ---> Kill Ra-gyu

...............oddly, they sound similar?
Old 2014-02-14, 12:29   Link #60
takai
Easy Muffin

Good episode. Very intense.

Ugh, that was an awful twist. I really really wish they didn't do that.
Closed Thread