AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2014-04-07, 13:43   Link #2281
Vvisions

Interesting analysis, however, you have to consider that a volume includes many chapters, as they try to portray in an artistic manner all chapters present in one volume, not all things will look timely correct, even though, the story itself is not altered by that.

My personal opinion, is that, this theory could be possible, but I don't believe this is the case.

PD: Off topic, but I found the live action Reiner.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Vvisions; 2014-04-07 at 14:28.
Vvisions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 14:14   Link #2282
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by misso View Post
I found this on tumblr, what do you think ? is it possible?

Spoiler for huge pictures:
I guess if armin did die -> than Eren won't hold back -> which lead whole Levi team to fight alongside him against female titan
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 16:42   Link #2283
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvisions View Post
Interesting analysis, however, you have to consider that a volume includes many chapters, as they try to portray in an artistic manner all chapters present in one volume, not all things will look timely correct, even though, the story itself is not altered by that.

My personal opinion, is that, this theory could be possible, but I don't believe this is the case.

PD: Off topic, but I found the live action Reiner.
Spoiler:
Not really, Isayama said something like Reiner being based on Brock Lesnar.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 17:23   Link #2284
Destined_Fate

Or maybe her "Mother" wasn't her "Mother"?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 12:04   Link #2285
Vvisions

Previously I said that hooded person could be Annie herself or Historia's mother.

Even though, I doubt it could be really Historia's mother now that I think of it, or maybe like Destined said, the one murdered wasn't her real mother.

I'm not sure about Eren real reaction, because I cannot understand what is write there in japanese, but by the look of it he seems surprised, but is could mean caution, danger feeling etc. But he could only react to someone he knows already.

To consider this, maybe that hooded person could be either Annie or Annie's mother or even, that mysterious woman that Eren saw in a vision and that altered Historia's memories, but it seems unlikely because the hooded person seems to be blonde.

Judging by Eren's personality, he would react for Annie, that Unknown Woman he had perviously seen in his vision or someone that remembers him of one of this persons.

If you put an Annie picture and compare with that mysterious person, they share facial traces, but Annie has her trademark fringe falling upon her right eye, that is missing on the hooded person, plus that woman seems older than Annie herself. As we don't know nothing about Annie's mother, I think that is still plausible.

I mentioned before, the need of Erwin for new allies after what happened to Reebs. But I completely forget about Pixis and all of Stationary Troops. They may not be the best, but they may have the most expressive numbers, as a few would choose the Suervey Corps, and only the best 10 would be able to joy the M.P.

So, all the rest would choose the Stationary Troops, making of them a considerable force by their size and Pixis command.

Also, have it occured to someone before, that maybe the real king, Rod Reiss, is being ruled by someone above him?

Because during the events with Historia's mother, the king seems so powerless before that bunch of people, like he's being obligated to act that manner.

What I expect from Levi Vs. The Ruthless Bastard:

Spoiler:

LoL

Or maybe Levi had been playing the double spy all of this time and will betray Erwin. Because if he knows that man, he was up to something dirty, knowing about a lot of ugly things going around, without ever telling the real truth, or maybe he did tell everything to Erwin only.

Or maybe he had his memories altered and can't remember a thing.

Now, memory altering can be a good excuse or considerable option for many things. That kinda mess with all speculations.

But to the Ruthless Bastard say that Levi is his pride, instead of something more like "I'll kill him for his betrayal" can make you think Levi is still working with him.

Last edited by Vvisions; 2014-04-09 at 00:08.
Old 2014-04-09, 03:50   Link #2286
Vvisions

I was re-reading Cp. 1 and I want your thoughts on some things guys.

That first titan that the Survey Corps are hunting during that operation, he is kinda strange.
He's leaking vapor for apparently no reason, apparently before they attack it, and this is strange, as I've never seen any other titan leaking vapor before getting hit, for exception of shifters after shifting or deshifting.

When Mike Zacharius sees for the first time the Ape Titan, he proceeds thinking as it is an abormal class titan, but when the Ape Titan grasp his horse, he mentions "NO WAY! HE CAN'T BE...?!" so the Ape Titan might be a shifter as Mike is a very perspicacious character and might have notcied this by Ape Titan's eyes gazing on him and it's action, no big deal in that as it was very suspicious all the time, but if you can compare the Ape Titan and the titan in the first chapter, they resemble a little, plus the strange vapor leaking from his head/upper part for apparently no reason.
Spoiler:

Another question I want you people to tell me your opinion is on another thing of the first chapter.

Now, we have the knowledge that Royal lineage has more than 2000 years of existence. This is the first thing inside the history progression that fits well with the first chapter title.

We know now too, that Historia had her memories altered, having the side-effect in making she have strange dreams, that are in reality lost memories.

We have seen too, that Unknown Woman talking to Historia and also that same woman in Eren's vision (that he firstly mistakes for Historia, quite strange), in fact this Unknown Woman and Eren share many facial traces and the ability to control others (as proposed by Erwin), then we might assume they are blood-related to some extent.

Now we learned that Ackerman is a family bigger than Mikasa family only. (Even that Ruthless Bastard seems to be Ackerman too, as the hooded person calls him Captain Ackerman).

So my point is: The girl Eren assumes is Mikasa with shorter hair in the beggining of the series, could be:

The real and normal Mikasa, and he is having time lapses due to some memories being altered, thinking of her with shorter hair of when they were younger, this being side-effect of memory altering.

Another person that resembles Mikasa and is part of Eren's probably unknown past, this person being member of the Ackerman family too, and this person gave him that scarf that he latter gives to Mikasa.

Or maybe an unknown memory of both Mikasa and Eren that they can't remember perfectly now.

Or even the Unkown Woman, that gave the scarf to Eren after altering his memories (I think this is unlikely, because Eren and Historia seems to have the same age and when Historia was younger, the Unkown Woman had long hair already).

The thing seems to get weirder because Hajime Isayama mentioned in an interview, when people asked about Levi's age, that he is surprisingly old and refused to give a specific answer. So it may be related to Mikasa and the Ackerman family.

So Levi can plausible be Mikasa's blood father. As Levi was trained by the Ruthless Bastard, an agent close to the king, inside the inner walls, and Eren seems to have connection to that Unkown Woman that seems to be connected with people inside inner wall aswell, they can possible have had previously contact at some point. Because all of them could possibly had been close in the inner walls. (Don't forget also, that Keith Shadis, a previous Survey Corps commander, was the 104° Trainees Squad Chief instructor, and he mentions that Griesha would be proud of Eren being a good soldier, one more thing that may be related to a past into the inner walls.)

Another good question is how Eren interacted with his father after the events of the fall of wall Maria, and Mikasa that never leaves Eren's side did not saw that? Maybe she also has some kind of amnesia or maybe she was coopering with Griesha.

The fact is that: To solve all mysteries, all ways seems to conduct to the inner walls.

Share all your thoughts on all that ideas as you feel pleased.
Old 2014-04-09, 10:58   Link #2287
Kiltias

You're looking too much into it.

Mike was merely referring to the Ape Titan being intelligent cause he went after the Horse/Mike's method of escape.

Ape Titan cannot be a Shifter.It had no idea about the Gear.

As for this:
Quote:
So my point is: The girl Eren assumes is Mikasa with shorter hair in the beggining of the series, could be:

The real and normal Mikasa, and he is having time lapses due to some memories being altered, thinking of her with shorter hair of when they were younger, this being side-effect of memory altering.
To be fair this all reminds me of Muv Luv Alternative
Spoiler for Muv Luv:
Old 2014-04-09, 11:45   Link #2288
JamJackEvo

Well, as Isayama-sensei already stated, this series was inspired by Muv Luv, so it's not all that surprising to see some bits of resemblance to its plot.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-09, 16:27   Link #2289
Vvisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
You're looking too much into it.

Mike was merely referring to the Ape Titan being intelligent cause he went after the Horse/Mike's method of escape.

Ape Titan cannot be a Shifter.It had no idea about the Gear.

As for this:

To be fair this all reminds me of Muv Luv Alternative
Spoiler for Muv Luv:
Good one. I didn't know about Muv Luv neither SnK plot relation to this anime.

Good things to consider from now on, but Isayma is a very creative person, so I'll assume by my own risks that he won't just make a copy of Muv Luv plot. More because, time-travels theories don't get to me, and I would sincerely stop following the series from the point it get involved with time travel, but that's just me.

To this point in history progression, we can assume that there is some kind of civilization, may it be a human one or any other race, outside the walls, because apparently the Ape Titan comes from there. The 3DMG was developed during the last 60 years. Before the fall of Wall Maria, no human was devoured for titans for the 100 years prior (excluding the side story Before The Fall, when a titan enters the wall because humans opened the gate, but I don't want to relate different sotries, that are from different authors).

So you may assume that this civilization of any kind, wasn't in touch with humanity for at least 100 to 60 years (including the Before The Fall incident), so it would explain why the Ape Titan doesn't know about the 3DMG, the sole fact that the Ape Titan didn't know about the 3DMG, in my opinion, doesn't seems like a base to tell that the Ape Titan may or may be not a shifter, this only shows off that the Ape Titan was long time without contact with "modern" humanity.

And consider that Mike Zacharius is developed as a very perspicacius character, having a high accuraty 6° sense-like ability, that is worth taking into consideration. (Another worth to consider fact, is the trouble they have in chasing down Annie, due the fact she knows how the 3DMG operates, this implies the danger of the Ape Titan having the 3DMG.)

Back talking about another civilizations outside the wall, Berthold while talking to Eren, back during their trainee days, Berthold mentions that titans attacked his village after the breach of Wall Maria, the news took too much time to reach there and people get downguarded. He seems to feel very bad about it, obviously because he caused the breach. I used to think that R.B.A. were all the time inside the walls, even when getting their titan powers.

But if they village was attacked by titans too (if he was really talking the truth), then they most likely get their powers from another place. But the strange thing, is that page where we see Ymir, Reiner and Berthold on top of Wall Maria discussing that after they get into their village, there are no coming backs to Ymir.

What do you people think? If their village fell to the titans, why would them come back to there?

Share your ideas!

Last edited by Vvisions; 2014-04-09 at 16:41.
Old 2014-04-10, 03:31   Link #2290
Breimoon

monkey should not be a titan shifter since he does not seem to have a time limit at the moment unless he is a sort of original shifter so he is able to stay how much time he wants in titan form.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 10:14   Link #2291
zibi88

I wonder what kind of difference is there between 3DMG for titans... and anti-human 3DMG....more blades.... or maybe gun like weaponary (like how they mentioned that they suppressed the technologicall inprovement... but maybe they took that tech for themselfs to kill those who oppose them)

anyway it would be nice to see Eren in titan form smashing the 1st MP corps in Annie fashion.... or later on Annie wakes up and decides to help eren out in the fight and later teaches him how to harden (kinda to pay back for her sins she commited)
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 14:29   Link #2292
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
I wonder what kind of difference is there between 3DMG for titans... and anti-human 3DMG....more blades.... or maybe gun like weaponary (like how they mentioned that they suppressed the technologicall inprovement... but maybe they took that tech for themselfs to kill those who oppose them)

anyway it would be nice to see Eren in titan form smashing the 1st MP corps in Annie fashion.... or later on Annie wakes up and decides to help eren out in the fight and later teaches him how to harden (kinda to pay back for her sins she commited)
Anti-Human isn't the right term, it's Anti-Personnel.
Small difference in wording, but Anti-Personnel Weapons exist.

I'm expecting Butterfly Bombs,Chemical and Bio Weapons.
But who knows, these guys might have a special privilege of using advanced weapons which are kept surpressed usually.
So I wouldn't be surprised if they'll wield some Guns.Nothing of our age, but like uhm....Guns when they were first created.
Old 2014-04-10, 14:44   Link #2293
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

^ people already have access to guns in universe. levi had one, I think. And one of the dudes who kidnapped Armin and Jean. There might have been more people using them, but those two instances come to mind. They also have flare guns. So that wouldn't be anything new or restricted, technology-wise.

Edit: the 104th uses rifles against titans during the Trost arc. And of course they do have cannons..
Old 2014-04-11, 00:55   Link #2294
Vvisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
^ people already have access to guns in universe. levi had one, I think. And one of the dudes who kidnapped Armin and Jean. There might have been more people using them, but those two instances come to mind. They also have flare guns. So that wouldn't be anything new or restricted, technology-wise.

Edit: the 104th uses rifles against titans during the Trost arc. And of course they do have cannons..
By your assumptions, you're saying that all projectile-trowing weapons are the same.

All fire guns presented in use till now in the story progression were those of a single shot, known by poor aim and the need of a slow reload flint based weapons.

The evolution of fire guns, both in the SnK universe and in reality, started with those obsolet weapons, but during the cp. 55 we can see that someone was developing guns with at least 4 shots and probably enhanced accuracy, what means more than 400% evolution in relation to those old, flint-single charge and poor aim rifles, if you consider the use of bullets (faster reloads) and not charges, 4 shots per reload and enhanced accuracy, then you can start to have a general idea of how much single-person power improvement this tech means.

@About the Ape Titan being a shifter or not, I still do not think that we should assume the monkey IS NOT a shifter just because it was for a long period in titan form. Because the titan powers seems to be much more related to mind state than just physical states, so all assumptions about how it works may incredible change from an individual to another (see Eren mind changes and what happens to his titan form in cp 53, this may also be related to the radical differences between regular titans sizes and proportions). Besides Ymir case is still so mysterious and unknown, but yet, she was wandering about 60 years and was able to come back to a human state without even getting old, this may not be the cases of your average 'shifter' but still, exemplifies the extents of titan powers (being virtual imortality also a probabilty among those regular titans, and it could be also an inherited power to shifters).

@About Technologies: If you think well about why Armin parents were killed when they tried to scape the walls using a hot air balloon, then you might also ask yourself why?
I consider this a wasted effort by M.P. part, why bother to kill someone who wants to go outside the walls and fall into titan's hands? Let them go and die as they wish.

But, we've seen around a lot of maps representing Humanity Territory and Giant's Field. But what if even the Giant's Field is a limited territory by another walls? With a hot air balloon you would have high chances on crossing the distances with the right winds. Or maybe this bothers the M.P. only because people would be able to go inside the inner walls and raid upon the king without any control.
Old 2014-04-11, 08:24   Link #2295
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvisions View Post
By your assumptions, you're saying that all projectile-trowing weapons are the same.

All fire guns presented in use till now in the story progression were those of a single shot, known by poor aim and the need of a slow reload flint based weapons.

The evolution of fire guns, both in the SnK universe and in reality, started with those obsolet weapons, but during the cp. 55 we can see that someone was developing guns with at least 4 shots and probably enhanced accuracy, what means more than 400% evolution in relation to those old, flint-single charge and poor aim rifles, if you consider the use of bullets (faster reloads) and not charges, 4 shots per reload and enhanced accuracy, then you can start to have a general idea of how much single-person power improvement this tech means.
... no. That's you making an assumption out of context. I was referring to the post above mine stating

Quote:
So I wouldn't be surprised if they'll wield some Guns.Nothing of our age, but like uhm....Guns when they were first created.
I merely pointed out that "Guns when they were first created" are something that has already shown up. In fact, quite a bit more advanced than that.
Old 2014-04-13, 15:16   Link #2296
Kuze

If Isayama hadn't written Erwin's tale in chapter 55, explored his gambling issues in the female titan arc, and hadn't explained a whole lot about Dimo Reebs (and gone to great lengths to somewhat humanize him), I'd be saying that the Central Military Police got the better of the Scouting Legion.

But I say that I don't believe even for a second that CMP have any kind of idea what the Legion is actually up to. They have a definite and detailed idea what Eren and Historia and Dimo were told, in excruciating detail, sure. What's stopping the mind shapers from reading the mind, not just modifying it? And the woman in the white cloak is probably one of them.

But, Erwin was not talking about his father's theory just for the hell of it, and not to Pixis without reason. I'd bet that Erwin told Levi and Hanji something very very different from what they told all of the rest of the Scouting Legion and Dimo.

Except for one part. Levi did outright tell Dimo that all of his men were going to die one way or the other. And Dimo, like his town and all the people in it, became a red herring and a sacrifice the second Levi started talking to him. Armin said it, they are not good people anymore (hoo boy)

As to what Erwin has in mind though, not a clue.

Pixis said that he didn't have the right to lead men against men, but he never said anything about the rank and file perhaps just happening to catch a glimpse of a carriage and reporting to their superiors about it, did he?
Kuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 11:46   Link #2297
kitten320

It sure is boring without titans... never liked politics so having bunch of chapters dedicated to politics is just meh... hope this arc is finished soon.

I guess Ackerman's are more important than originally thought.
Old 2014-04-16, 12:44   Link #2298
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
It sure is boring without titans... never liked politics so having bunch of chapters dedicated to politics is just meh... hope this arc is finished soon.

I guess Ackerman's are more important than originally thought.
Seeing that AoT was heavily inspired by Muv Luv, I wouldn't be surprised if Mikasa would end up being the Sumika of this series.
Old 2014-04-23, 12:33   Link #2299
Death Usagi
Banned

This is just a speculations, but what if the Weiss family is actually a clan of titan shifters?
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-23, 15:01   Link #2300
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
This is just a speculations, but what if the Weiss family is actually a clan of titan shifters?
You mean Reiss?

Well bricks will be shat.We got enough Shifters really.