AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-12-26, 12:20   Link #5581
monster

Kira earns his rank because his superior says so. End of story.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 14:35   Link #5582
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just a trivial comment but Kira actually spent a lot of time in Destiny commanding forces and even supporting the Orb soldiers who escaped from Yuna. When the Archangel fails to communicate with Orb for the first time he orders a retreat while he distracts the enemies. He even convinced Athrun to pilot Justice on his own will although that was just a message he left to Lacus.

In the manga Destiny The Edge (which actually served as the basis for the Special Edition movies, the focus on Athrun is the most obvious hint) Cagalli tells Kira for his that he shouldn't force himself so much and trust in the others' powers when Kira redesigns the Strike Rouge following Freedom's destruction.

By the way, the fourth and final bluray volume from SEED was released during... doomsday. Here there are some images.

Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 21:03   Link #5583
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post

(Didn't Kira solo 3 ships + 25+- MS in lesser 3min?)
Kira disabling 25 ZAKUs and GOUFs was an homage to Amuro downing nine Rick Doms in under 3 min. in an episode of MSG.

Quote:

Also Ultimate Coordinator > let Kira to re-program OS that he never saw or use and upgrade it while fighting not Natural but Coordinator. (try to use C# or another language to program OS).
In other word his mind >>> a lot better than Coordinator mind let alone Natural one.

(Normally it's Ultimate Coordinator > 1st generation Coordinator > 2nd generation Coordinator > Natural unless you are Mu but that why I said normally)

Kira = Ultimate Coordinator + 1st generation
So he can learn all theory about Admiral before anyone can voice his opinion >>> soon he will have full army under his command >>> to bad he move to ZAFT.
Ultimate Coordinator = born in an artificial womb (and having his powers increased and gains new abilities based on his popularity with viewers and fanbase )
Old 2012-12-27, 00:42   Link #5584
Destined_Fate

Tch, those pictures make it seem like they really wanted to ship Kira x Athrun so bad. Disregard women, secure lasting bromance.

You mean how they decided to later make Kira have Newtype powers as well? Poor Mu and Rau, you didn't even get to be the special snowflakes in the end.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 01:50   Link #5585
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Nice news, Amaterasu. Now I'll just have to look for the fansub of those BDs. Like I promised some time ago when SEED Remaster started, I won't buy the BD box if there's no Mu's broken helmet (and this Remaster doesn't have it). My SEED DVD box FTW!
Old 2012-12-27, 03:39   Link #5586
SvenCalBayan

I'm still waiting... hoping... for Gundam SEED Eternity.

I know it was just a rumor...

My dream would be that STARGAZER's Sven Cal Bayan takes the lead in this series... as he probably survived the ending of STARGAZER.

The lead, for once, doesn't need a to have a japanese name. Kei Minato (rumored lead in Eternity), Kira Yamato (lead in SEED & even late-SEED Destiny), Shinn Asuka (early-SEED Destiny co-lead, Athrun was more of a lead than him).
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 04:19   Link #5587
bio9205
Reborn

Any idea where I can see scans of those images in the book that come with the SEED BDs? Love those Kira x Athrun images.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-27, 08:38   Link #5588
Destined_Fate

I doubt they'll do that due to fans hating that even though Kira lived he wasn't the main character of Destiny. If anything we'll get a Movie with Kira, Athrun, Shinn, Lunamaria, Cagalli, Lacus, Mu, Murrue, Waltfield, and the such all working together. Sven could also show up as well but he'll need a new mecha.

It was left to interpretation but from the way the ending sounded when they were discovered in Stargazer it isn't a stretch to assume that they both survived the journey.
Old 2012-12-27, 10:08   Link #5589
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I want Canard meeting Kira. The two Ultimate Coordinators working together. Super Robot Wars' version was really boring.

Quote:
The lead, for once, doesn't need a to have a japanese name.
Come to think of it they have Japanese names but the first name comes first. What? Also, I heard once that Kira actually comes from the English word "Killer" (If you've seen Death Note you already knew that).
Old 2012-12-27, 11:19   Link #5590
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Also, I heard once that Kira actually comes from the English word "Killer" (If you've seen Death Note you already knew that).
No, Japanese pronounce “killer” as “kira”, but they also have their own “kira” word which kinda means “sparkle” or something like that if I’m not mistaken.
Old 2012-12-27, 12:08   Link #5591
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No, Japanese pronounce “killer” as “kira”, but they also have their own “kira” word which kinda means “sparkle” or something like that if I’m not mistaken.
I often heard the word Sparkle in that old opening of Dragon Ball Z. I think it is actually kurosu like Athrun's "Kira omae kurosu"
Old 2012-12-27, 12:34   Link #5592
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I often heard the word Sparkle in that old opening of Dragon Ball Z. I think it is actually kurosu like Athrun's "Kira omae kurosu"
IIRC, the Japanese usually use “kira” to mean sparkle which is derived from the word “kirameki”. The Japanese also use onomatopoeia “kira kira" (キラキラ) for the "state of shining". So, if they want to make a character name based on it, they might only use one “Kira” instead of the double ones which meaning is still "sparkle" or "shine".

As for “killer”: "The exact transliteration of "killer" is "キラー" (kirā, with macron), which many Japanese do recognize as the English word "killer," as in キラーパス (killer pass, a soccer term), キラーアプリケーション (killer application), etc."

Anyway, I’m open for another input or correction.
Old 2012-12-27, 21:14   Link #5593
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

If there is an ending they are going to replace like in SEED HD, I would like them to replace the cheerful "I wanna go to a place" with "Tears" from Special Edition. I think it fits a lot with sad episodes like Stella's death, Shinn's revenge, Athrun being attacked by ZAFT, etc. Also it contains two of my favorite images

While the one from the top sums up the relationship between the three protagonists, the second one is kind of symbolic.

Also the fourth ending could have some rearrangements cos it was a single image.
Old 2012-12-27, 23:42   Link #5594
monster

Quote:
the cheerful "I wanna go to a place"
With no understanding of the lyrics, I've always thought that song is bittersweet.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 01:24   Link #5595
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
With no understanding of the lyrics, I've always thought that song is bittersweet.
Yes, the lyric is bittersweet and the song itself is rather mellow. IMO there's nothing "cheerful" about it.
Old 2013-01-05, 09:56   Link #5596
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

What is this? The HD episodes are blocked in my country so I have no idea.

Old 2013-01-05, 11:14   Link #5597
tetsuo69

the little cm scene in between the episode in the hd remastered ver
Old 2013-01-06, 00:58   Link #5598
Destined_Fate

Eh, a wasted teaser. Perfect Strike shown so much in that but only used once and Rouge not appearing for like forever.
Old 2013-01-06, 19:48   Link #5599
Kirayuki

Saw this somewhere
Images
Astray Reboot
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Seems like even Astray getting remaster project too
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 07:06   Link #5600
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Did Astray ever finish the storyline involving Librarian Works? I think that was in Delta Astray.

Also, I found this Geocities article. Any idea what does it say? Seems like there are comments about the staff from the two TV series.

http://www.geocities.jp/seeddictionary/ka.html

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep