Chibi that's the whole point u can say whatever u want and he wont remember it
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 21:49   Link #1702
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Chibi that's the whole point u can say whatever u want and he wont remember it
That's fine but it does nothing for the plot.

Though I suppose I shouldn't be expecting out of the plot from this series, but that's besides the point now.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 03:00   Link #1703
Sumeragi
Banned

Oremonogatari X Nisekoi ~Boys Side~

This is just plain hilarious.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 03:57   Link #1704
ImperialFlameGod8190

Chibi the bigger problem is there doesnt seem to be a plot right now just chapters strung together with no purpose
Old 2013-09-02, 06:53   Link #1705
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Chibi the bigger problem is there doesnt seem to be a plot right now just chapters strung together with no purpose
That's called slice of life and Nisekoi has been like that from the start. You just seem to get impatient.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 10:09   Link #1706
ImperialFlameGod8190

waven okay perhaps I do get impatient but doesn't mean anything a lot of people get impatient waiting for something to happen when they're making out such a grand plot and then not following through with it.
Old 2013-09-02, 20:37   Link #1707
larethian

Well, the original 'fake relationship' arrangement between Raku & Chitoge was supposed to be the entire 3 years of high school, so I bet they will stretch it to that at least, provided it doesn't get cancelled.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 04:06   Link #1708
TheAlucid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
That's called slice of life and Nisekoi has been like that from the start. You just seem to get impatient.
You can also call shit: "fertilizer", but that doesn't somehow mean it isn't still shit.

Nisekoi had a plot arc early on in the series based around the pendant, the author started making good money on the series however, and decided to prolong it in the effort to make a greater profit. I honestly don't fault him on this though.

I'm just still buttpained that Double Arts was canceled, and a series fast becoming tripe is getting an anime.
TheAlucid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 07:31   Link #1709
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I wonder if the amnesia is just an excuse for the mangaka to make Raku remember his childhood.
heh, I knew it
It's so close to coming true. lol
I hope I don't jinx it

@new chapter
Chitoge was so cute this chapter
don't get me and my avatar wrong though, I've always been a Chitoge shipper
it's just that Onodera on the image source was just so much tempting to be made as an avatar

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 09:05   Link #1710
XFire
150% done

Ch 89

Raku, old chap....

Never get your memory back.
Old 2013-09-06, 10:14   Link #1711
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Amnesiac Raku is such a plaaaayah! I too wish he stayed like this, at least for a while.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 10:36   Link #1712
ImperialFlameGod8190

I don't like amnesiac raku and yea its pretty much guaranteed that the next chapter or 2 the girl will be revealed. The funniest part was how onodera and raku first met and even better how ruri had some ready.
Old 2013-09-06, 10:50   Link #1713
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Amnesia Raku kinda makes you wonder what happened to the real Raku that he became so irritable, often annoyed and generally a bit less likable than without memories.

Take a look back, I know it took two for this specific tango but if Raku was like his amnesia-self back when he met Chitoge for the first time they would've never developed this initial hate-relationship.

Anyway, it's probably just a plot device for the girls to adore his cute side.
Old 2013-09-06, 11:06   Link #1714
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan

I'm still having doubts that chitoge is the one in the book cover. Could be any of the four because they all have their accessories on their heads.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 11:06   Link #1715
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Amnesia Raku kinda makes you wonder what happened to the real Raku that he became so irritable, often annoyed and generally a bit less likable than without memories.
He became a self-conscious teenager worried about what other people think of him. All of his event related memories are gone, so he no longer has any idea of the surroundings he used to worry about. However, you can still see traces of that personality trait even when he's under amnesia. He worried about Chitoge running away (out of embarrassment) thinking he said something to offend her.

Back then, his first impression of Chitoge back then was a violent girl who attacked him. She has done no such thing since he lost his memories, so to him she appears to be a nice girl worried about him.

Raku doesn't remember that he has a crush on Onodera, so he no longer has any reason to be nervous.

The same applies to his and Chitoge's yakuza background: since Raku doesn't remember that his relationship with Chitoge is what politically prevents their families from starting a gang war, he doesn't have to fake anything for appearances. Part of the reason why he disliked Chitoge back then was because he was also forced to be with her against his will.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 11:19   Link #1716
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
He became a self-conscious teenager worried about what other people think of him. All of his event related memories are gone, so he no longer has any idea of the surroundings he used to worry about. However, you can still see traces of that personality trait even when he's under amnesia. He worried about Chitoge running away (out of embarrassment) thinking he said something to offend her.

Back then, his first impression of Chitoge back then was a violent girl who attacked him. She has done no such thing since he lost his memories, so to him she appears to be a nice girl worried about him.

Raku doesn't remember that he has a crush on Onodera, so he no longer has any reason to be nervous.

The same applies to his and Chitoge's yakuza background: since Raku doesn't remember that his relationship with Chitoge is what politically prevents their families from starting a gang war, he doesn't have to fake anything for appearances. Part of the reason why he disliked Chitoge back then was because he was also forced to be with her against his will.
All good points and I don't really know how amnesia really works (neither does the author I suppose) but your first argument about Raku being a self-conscious teenager before (well he still kinda is) is the most valid here. It seems amnesia is pictured here as something like a clean slate with no walls around him, no defensive mechanisms - almost like a young child.
Old 2013-09-06, 13:09   Link #1717
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha... can we just keep his amnesia??

the girls just got addicted to moe Raku

oh picture book! nice... we're advancing
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 16:07   Link #1718
Breimoon

let's hope raku stays the way he is now
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 20:13   Link #1719
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Raku is so moe, he should have been the main character.

...wait, um...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 08:18   Link #1720
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

He'll get his memories triggered by the bear on Kosaki Imouto's panties.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life