AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-12-07, 07:28   Link #1
Syaoran
Inactive Member

[Manga] Chapter 334 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.
---
Kakashi definitely shows us he's quite something ^^
As for Kakazu, it's as him he came right out of some kind of zombie horror movie O.o

If there're any fans wanting to write a summary, please do.
I've got a pile of work to catch up with after a very sad week.

Last edited by Syaoran; 2006-12-07 at 07:46.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 07:42   Link #2
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Kakuzu takes Orichimaru's place as most f**ked up character! Kakashi needs this victory to return to his former popularity.
Soulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:02   Link #3
flexx

damend... what a crazy fighter

how can they have a chance against them???
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:12   Link #4
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

I agree with Soulnin. Akatsuki is a sideshow and Kakuzu's the main attraction. His powers are very interesting though, I'm relieved he didn't die from the Rakiri. The characters in Naruto sure can take a beating though. Naruto was able to survive a 50ft piledriver into solid stone, and Kakashi was able to take a kick that nearly sent him clear across the country. His ribs should have been shattered. Also, his flack jacket was ripped off! That marks the first time I've ever seen clothing become realistically tattered from battle in Naruto. It works. They should use that effect more often. So I'm guessing that Ino will take over the body of either Hidan or Kakuzu without warning to save the rest of the team's lives. Using one body, she'll be able to defeat the other member just before the time limit is up. The team will then face the remaining opponent.

The title of the next chapter is "Omnipotent Ruler". I wonder what that's referring to. Is it the name of a jutsu or could it be talking about the Akatsuki Leader?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:22   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I agree with Soulnin. Akatsuki is a sideshow and Kakuzu's the main attraction. His powers are very interesting though, I'm relieved he didn't die from the Rakiri. The characters in Naruto sure can take a beating though. Naruto was able to survive a 50ft piledriver into solid stone, and Kakashi was able to take a kick that nearly sent him clear across the country. His ribs should have been shattered. Also, his flack jacket was ripped off! That marks the first time I've ever seen clothing become realistically tattered from battle in Naruto. It works. They should use that effect more often. So I'm guessing that Ino will take over the body of either Hidan or Kakuzu without warning to save the rest of the team's lives. Using one body, she'll be able to defeat the other member just before the time limit is up. The team will then face the remaining opponent.

The title of the next chapter is "Omnipotent Ruler". I wonder what that's referring to. Is it the name of a jutsu or could it be talking about the Akatsuki Leader?
Thats Anime filler
Old 2006-12-07, 08:23   Link #6
striderm
Adusa #1

Seems to me like Kishimoto was experimenting with his art styles and sequences a bit with this chapter and I'm impressed! Haven't been this excited for a fight in awhile.
striderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:25   Link #7
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

Looks like Kakashi will have to fight alone, team Asuma is pretty much useless.

Kakashi shows that conventional ninjutsus has no effect on him, even the most powerfull ones but he won't last forever against that kind of oponents.

I only see two outcomes : Shika saves the day with a brilliant strategy or Kakashi saves the day with an MS related jutsu.
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:28   Link #8
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

or one of them sacrifice him/herself to save the day.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:35   Link #9
Airaku
####

Well, it’s no surprise that Kakuzu is still alive. I’m sure all the Akatsuki have developed an invulnerable defense against ambushes. Since they have been constantly hunted down by their respective villages as missing-nins, it's only natural for them to develop ways to protect themselves when an attack comes out of nowhere. Most likely every Akatsuki member might have some form of invincibility.
Airaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:37   Link #10
flexx

what about sabaku's guess, that ino is going to take over one of the 2 akatsuki - best would be kakuzu I guess

Or are these 2 too strong for this?
flexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:39   Link #11
shaselai

How about Naruto comes in to save the day? Shikimaru and kakashi used up all their chakra with techs. Ino and chouji prove to be useless as always and naruto uses his super explosive wind rasengan to kill kakuzu/hidan.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 08:58   Link #12
Scrappdogg

wow kakashi got his butt kicked xD and kakuzu its awsome <3
Scrappdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 09:15   Link #13
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
MY HEAD ASPLODE

No, but seriously.. This is great, GREAT!
I had expected a lot about Kakuzu, but this is just íncredibly wonderful. I want to see the 5th elemental face, the one under his mask, and see what jutsu it can do ^^
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 09:17   Link #14
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

We have yet to see Ino and Chouji in action in addition to Kakashi's MS, and possible reinforcements.

Kakuzu's power seemed to be halved as two of the masks seemed to be done. At least, we have finally seen Kakuzu's powers. And Kakashi is yet to use his MS (although he seemed to have chakra left for using once or at most twice), Chouji is yet to use his strength, Ino is yet to use her mind control.

Shikamaru also said something along the lines of this thing with Kakuzu not making him surprised. So, I am pretty sure that is within his calculations. And, hopefully, we will move on to his 3rd and final plan, before the reinforcements arrive or those two Akatsuki finally falls, without dragging it too long.

But, Kakashi performed really great by avoiding one of the ghosts and Hidan's attack, in addition to reaching Shika and others in time to stop the other attack. Maybe, a side effect of obtaining MS.

Lastly, the pace of the fight and the design of the chapter was pretty satisfying. I hope that Kishi continues to do that. Maybe he is also anxious to see the end of the fight as soon as possible.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 09:20   Link #15
Ichimaru

do you guys think the story is goin to quick?

akatsuki members didnt get that much screentime as compared to the other villians, yet they are gettin killed to plotholes....so much about boasting them
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 09:21   Link #16
shaselai

I wonder if being a "medical ninja" Kakuzu's masks will heal themselves and have a "hydra effect". Perhaps the team will need to kill all masks to kill kakuzu and thats where Naruto's new tech comes into play? Didnt we see a crater from naruto's training?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 09:22   Link #17
MobiuS

Im always attracted to the freaks. -____-;

First it was Orochimaru, then Kabuto. Now Kakuzu. Upon each of their first encounters, I liked em. Now they turned out to be totally messed up individuals.

IM LOVING IT!
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 09:33   Link #18
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Thats Anime filler
That's right. I forgot. That was still one hell of a kick though. Anymore of those and it might result in yet another stay in the hospital for Kakashi-sensei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexx
what about sabaku's guess, that ino is going to take over one of the 2 akatsuki - best would be kakuzu I guess

Or are these 2 too strong for this?
Kakuzu and Hidan have no idea who Ino is or what her jutsu does. I'm not even sure they're aware she's around yet, though she did shout out to Chouji and Shikamaru so her presence was probably revealed to them. Still, they don't know her jutsu, so they won't be able to prepare for it or defend against it. I just figure Ino's gotta to do something right? Or else why even have her there? I agree that Kakuzu is the most likely target for mind switch. Hidan will probably be too dense to immediately realize that Kakuzu's being controlled and would waste time trying to ask why he's attacking.

I'm starting to get the feeling Naruto won't show up for this battle. Little more than a hunch at this point, but I'm starting to think that the fight works better without him. He still might show up though if Kakuzu and Hidan prove to be too strong.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 10:02   Link #19
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I'm starting to get the feeling Naruto won't show up for this battle. Little more than a hunch at this point, but I'm starting to think that the fight works better without him. He still might show up though if Kakuzu and Hidan prove to be too strong.
-Ahh but you know how these shonen manga work: good guys gain a small upper hand over their adversaries. Then said adversaries reveal their true power and pound away at the good guys for a few chapters. Then as they are on the brink of death the hero with fair eyes shows up and saves the day by blowing the hell out of the villians with a new technique/weapon.

-I know that sounds very predictable and undesireable but Kishimoto wouldn't have spent the last 20+ chapters preparing Naruto's new jutsu just to save it for something that might happen in chapter 400.
Old 2006-12-07, 10:06   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Kakuzu's power seemed to be halved as two of the masks seemed to be done. At least, we have finally seen Kakuzu's powers. And Kakashi is yet to use his MS (although he seemed to have chakra left for using once or at most twice), Chouji is yet to use his strength, Ino is yet to use her mind control.
I doubt he can do it more than once; He already used Chidory 2 times (maybe 3?).

Quote:
Shikamaru also said something along the lines of this thing with Kakuzu not making him surprised. So, I am pretty sure that is within his calculations.
I interpreted his quote different:

Chouji: Wh…What is that!? Why doesn’t he die!?
Shika: I don’t know… But with these guys, I’m not surprised by the little stuff anymore…

So, I think he is just been Sarcastic and even funny about This guys been some sort of freak show, So what Kakuuzu showed is the usual thing.