AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 104 53.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 28.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 8.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-13, 06:04   Link #341
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Looking at a lot of the Haruhi fansites...Support for Yuki has gone down ...a lot in this episode. I don't really know how i feel on that point. I used to think she sort of cared for him a bit but now i'm a bit more convinced she doesn't actually care all that much.
All you Nagato disbelievers will be converted with the Disappearance arc/movie?

That is... whenever it decides to grace us with its appearance.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:06   Link #342
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I agree with Kogetsu and Akka here. Nagato clearly cares about Kyon. She's outright saved his life twice (once in Sighs, and of course from Ryoko Asakura). She also strikes me as the person being the most frank and honest towards Kyon.
That is true, though I could say that there definitely is an advantage for the DITE to keep Kyon alive. Due to Haruhi's unpredictability, maintaining the status quo (keeping him alive) would probably be more sound. And Kyon may be an intresting subject of observation due to his effect on Haruhi, so it might just be a more logical choice to do so. Besides, in Ryoko's case, she was acting rogue, and it's Yuki's responsibility as her superior to deal with that.

I think a better example might be the glasses comment, where Yuki decides to not wear glasses just because Kyon likes it better that way.

Quote:
Whereas Itsuki and Mikuru are kind of backstabbing one another, Nagato is laying all the cards on the table. Good for her.
Yea, she is definitely taking Kyon's thoughts and situation into consideration here more so than anyone else.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-09-13, 06:19   Link #343
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Itsuki actually does a LOT of things without Kyon's approval. But he is always off-screen when he does this. You will know what he is up to recently accomplished, in season 2, or perhaps even season 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post

I'm tired and through to be nice to no effect. The next one who spoil anything from upcoming season is gonna get a report on his face.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:40   Link #344
stubby42

I have no idea if this has been mentioned already and I cant really be bothered to look through 18 pages to get to it but:

Spoiler for guess whos lurking in the background:
Old 2009-09-13, 06:42   Link #345
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
I have no idea if this has been mentioned already and I cant really be bothered to look through 18 pages to get to it but:

Spoiler for guess whos lurking in the background:
It's not any kind of secret; Tsuruya came with Mikuru, but Mikuru wanted to talk to Kyon privately so Tsuruya stayed at a respectable distance. She is just waiting so they can go back to class together.

Quote:
I'm tired and through to be nice to no effect. The next one who spoil anything from upcoming season is gonna get a report on his face.
It's no secret that Itsuki is always busy. He is the only person in the team who's job description is effectively Haruhi's entertainment manager. It's not like he manged to organize the island murder mystery in one day or anything.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:45   Link #346
stubby42

Really? you honest to god think that? cause I'm telling you right now when people make movies or tv programs or animation their sticking to a tight budget, they wouldnt put something so deliberate in if it isnt vital.

Also she's listening to the entire conversation and we know from later episodes that she doesnt mention any knowledge of time travel or haruhi's importance yet this scene shows she knows something is going on.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:47   Link #347
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Really? you honest to god think that? cause I'm telling you right now when people make movies or tv programs or animation their sticking to a tight budget, they wouldnt put something so deliberate in if it isnt vital.

Also she's listening to the entire conversation and we know from later episodes that she doesnt mention any knowledge of time travel or haruhi's importance yet this scene shows she knows something is going on.
Well, it Does hint at something. It's just nothing major. No need to lose sleep over.
And I think Tsuruya is nice enough to intentionally stay out of earshot. She isn't the snooping type.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:49   Link #348
stubby42

Your underestimating how important it is because its our first hint that shes not what she seems.
Old 2009-09-13, 06:52   Link #349
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Your underestimating how important it is because its our first hint that shes not what she seems.
Actually, I disagree; she is exactly what she seems.
Spoiler for simple non-essential spoilers:
Old 2009-09-13, 07:40   Link #350
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

And there are those who love it simply for its fairly interesting plot and scenarios. It'll be out when it's ready -- or perhaps when the fanbase is ready.

Personally, I hope by then a mechanism which prevents people who still haven't gotten over E8 and cried "God is Dead" would not be able to view or experience Disappearance would be developed and implemented.
Old 2009-09-13, 07:44   Link #351
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Actually, I disagree; she is exactly what she seems.
Spoiler for simple non-essential spoilers:
I've personally always cherished the idea that Tsuruya is the main character of her own anime series, one that treats the SOS-dan as side characters.
Old 2009-09-13, 08:00   Link #352
Tornadium

Quote:
Hahaha, pretty funny that you mentioned naval warfare... since Nagato was the name of Japanese WWII ship. Btw, Nagato is win... Kyon can have Haruhi.
Haha,

I didn't mean it in a shipping sense :P

Both characters are awesome, Some just like one more than the other.
Old 2009-09-13, 08:46   Link #353
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Personally, I hope by then a mechanism which prevents people who still haven't gotten over E8 and cried "God is Dead" would not be able to view or experience Disappearance would be developed and implemented.
I don't mind the people who didn't like E8 that much... I mean they provided stupendous amounts of amusement for several weeks (seriously, it just wouldn't be the same without them ). As for those who passed judgment and didn't bother to watch... yeah... they can go DIAF for all I care.
Old 2009-09-13, 08:55   Link #354
Tornadium

Quote:
I don't mind the people who didn't like E8 that much... I mean they provided stupendous amounts of amusement for several weeks (seriously, it just wouldn't be the same without them ). As for those who passed judgment and didn't bother to watch... yeah... they can go DIAF for all I care.
Well EE had it's own merits.

It wasn't perfect but it wasn't totally pathetic either.

Anyone who says they dropped it or Haruhi is ruined will come crawling back at even the slightest hint of more content.
Old 2009-09-13, 09:10   Link #355
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Well EE had it's own merits.

It wasn't perfect but it wasn't totally pathetic either.

Anyone who says they dropped it or Haruhi is ruined will come crawling back at even the slightest hint of more content.
I enjoyed every part of E8. It was the first time I actually couldn't wait and went looking for a live stream of each episode... I can remember the build up watching those first couple episodes, watching the clock tick as they got closer and closer to the end, watching in suspense as Kyon looked at Haruhi's back each time... ah, I'll never forget the explosions that came afterwards across the boards... then all the crackpot theories... ah, it was all so juicy.
Old 2009-09-13, 09:46   Link #356
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

More proof that Tsuruya is Batman.

Old 2009-09-13, 10:05   Link #357
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:

Yes, because in it, we learn that . . . Nagato is Luke Skywalker's father! Dun, dun duuuuun! And now you know.

Nah, I'm kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
And I think Tsuruya is nice enough to intentionally stay out of earshot. She isn't the snooping type.
Well, it was conveniently dark enough to be a serious hazard. Seriously, it's practically the middle of fhe freakin' night in there rather dark, and neither Kyon nor Mikuru were making an effort to keep their voices down. Tsuruya's really not standing that far away. In the panning shot of the walkway, we see that the support wall she's leaning up against is barely seven feet away. Finally, she has her eyes closed. Some folks close their eyes when they would like to shut out distracting visual input (not like there's much there to begin with) and focus on what they're hearing (not that there's anything else to hear but Kyon, Mikuru, and possibly the rain.) Make no doubt about it, Tsuruya's listening in.

What she's getting out of it . . . well, not a lot. While Haruhi's got some freaky voodoo going on, Mikuru doesn't believe in Santa Claus anime Jesus the Godhood of Haruhi Suzumiya, like that freak Koizumi, and for that matter, Kyon shouldn't trust that no-good bastard.
Old 2009-09-13, 11:55   Link #358
stubby42

Quote:
Well, it was conveniently dark enough to be a serious hazard. Seriously, it's practically the middle of fhe freakin' night in there rather dark, and neither Kyon nor Mikuru were making an effort to keep their voices down. Tsuruya's really not standing that far away. In the panning shot of the walkway, we see that the support wall she's leaning up against is barely seven feet away. Finally, she has her eyes closed. Some folks close their eyes when they would like to shut out distracting visual input (not like there's much there to begin with) and focus on what they're hearing (not that there's anything else to hear but Kyon, Mikuru, and possibly the rain.) Make no doubt about it, Tsuruya's listening in.

What she's getting out of it . . . well, not a lot. While Haruhi's got some freaky voodoo going on, Mikuru doesn't believe in Santa Claus anime Jesus the Godhood of Haruhi Suzumiya, like that freak Koizumi, and for that matter, Kyon shouldn't trust that no-good bastard.
My feelings towards her action was more along the lines of shes the one pulling the strings, Tsuruya is the one who put Mikuru up to giving Kyon the voucher so that Mikuru could use it as an excuse to tell Kyon how she (and her organisation) really feel about all the events that have been happening.

She's checking that Mikuru is relaying the message correctly.
Old 2009-09-13, 12:13   Link #359
OkamiNoKaze

I don't think Tsuruya is a time traveler, unless Mikuru was lying before, which is a posibility, she says she's in effect from this time.

as for Yuki, remember someday in the rain came after this, and though it's never stated but one of those cardigans on Kyon is probably Yuki's. Also what I got out of what Yuki was saying is that the opinion of her faction might not be right either.

another thing, from the discussion he had with Itsuki, I guess he was talking about fighting with the shinjin. It never factored with me, until I read the responses here, that it might indicate that he was fighting agains the other factions, or even other Espers.

I also think it's very telling that they have that entire conversation while looking at that sky, and Kyon doesn't even bat an eyelash at what Haruhi does anymore.

Anyone got a picture of that?
Old 2009-09-13, 12:14   Link #360
[F]uero
~Moe Lover~

Send a message via MSN to [F]uero
If only there were romance , this would be perfecto! i would like to see haruhi and kyon getting along~ =3
Closed Thread