AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-11-27, 19:47   Link #2821
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
Venus and Aphrodite are the same person, it's just that one's Roman and the other's Greek. I'm not certain on her, because of her marriage to Hephaestus/Vulcan should have made it so that she's less sensitive about physical ugliness. Alternatively, she could have become more sensitive about it, but I doubt it.
I don't recall Aphrodite ever having any creation in her legends. Venus does though with being the Mother of the Roman race. I might just be mistaken about Aphrodite though.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 19:52   Link #2822
Gerard07

Consultation, in the future there will be a Makoto vs Hibiki?
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 19:59   Link #2823
acefisher

Here's an interesting thought, what if the goddess is Ishtar/Inanna, a female goddess of love, fertility/procreation, and war in ancient Babylonia/Sumeria(with Sumeria having one of, if not the, oldest written language that we have found, circa 3000 B.C.)? She was originally Inanna, and was the main goddess of Sumeria, and a very powerful(and beautiful) one at that, having the ability to kill even other gods with her death gaze.
Later on the goddess Inanna becomes Ishtar in the transition to ancient Babylonia. She has lost a lot of her power by this point, but still very beautiful, and despite being a goddess, she is considered to be nothing more than a femme fatal, with all of her lovers, even an 'immortal' god, meeting an untimely end. The religion she was a part of was killed/phased out by Christianity in somewhere between the first and fifth century A.D. So that could be the thing that spurs her to go out and find a new planet to be the main/sole goddess of, and try to make a people to worship her.
If we want to go all Campione on this, then she, in both religions, is considered to be represented by the planet Venus in the sky, so you could draw some correlation there too.
acefisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 20:03   Link #2824
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
A practice round meant to boost Hibiki's confidence infront of all of the Lima royals, I think
Old 2016-11-27, 20:15   Link #2825
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I don't recall Aphrodite ever having any creation in her legends. Venus does though with being the Mother of the Roman race. I might just be mistaken about Aphrodite though.
Venus is the Roman version of Aphrodite. It's already been shown that Gods and Goddesses can have more than one "personification" or "name" in what's been recently translated. Thus they're the same person, even if their myths have differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
She was forced to marry him and would have affair with Ares, god of war.
By the way aftef her betrayal was known to all the gods she had kids with every male god.
Your point? She had affairs with more than just Ares, but she was still married to the "Horrifically Ugly" Hephaestus, and in those days not doing the deed in a marriage, especially at the beginning, wouldn't have been a thing that happened. My point is that she's had relationships with people who look far worse than Makato, and her rejection of him due to being "ugly", aka, not beautiful, would be over-the-top considering that.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-27, 23:20   Link #2826
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
A practice round meant to boost Hibiki's confidence infront of all of the Lima royals, I think
the royals was there only because the duel was taking place in the capital, they are complete outside of the reason for the duel; the only ones who have motives and ambitions about the duel is hibiki himself and Mio.
:spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler about hibiki's x makoto actions,:
the limia's mini arc was very good; i can not wait for the translation to catch up.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2016-11-28 at 00:27. Reason: correct some mistakes
m4rc0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 00:42   Link #2827
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

When will he snu snued the dragon. Or get eaten by the spider..
Old 2016-11-28, 01:16   Link #2828
Hokoga

^ Never ............
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 03:25   Link #2829
Sparteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rc0s View Post
the royals was there only because the duel was taking place in the capital, they are complete outside of the reason for the duel; the only ones who have motives and ambitions about the duel is hibiki himself and Mio.
the limia's mini arc was very good; i can not wait for the translation to catch up.
I remember I heard that Mio spoiled her about Makoto being walking nuke, didn't she? Could you tell more about that?
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 04:54   Link #2830
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
That's not quite right.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
I remember I heard that Mio spoiled her about Makoto being walking nuke, didn't she? Could you tell more about that?
Spoiler:

But yea, Mio is smaaart. She just likes to keep it simple though.
Trov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 06:02   Link #2831
Windsgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Considering Athena was chosen as one of the gods visiting MC then she may really be Aphrodite.
Doesn't Helen of Troy fit the bill? I still think its her.
Concerned with beauty, self centered, not high tier of a god, constantly causing problems (wars and deaths of those around her) etc. I mean she didn't get the title: Helen the Woman who Sunk Thousands of Ships for nothing.
She also has heavy connections to Athena and Aphrodite.
Old 2016-11-28, 06:45   Link #2832
Sparteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trov View Post
That's not quite right.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But yea, Mio is smaaart. She just likes to keep it simple though.
Which chapter it was?
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 10:50   Link #2833
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Doesn't Helen of Troy fit the bill? I still think its her.
Concerned with beauty, self centered, not high tier of a god, constantly causing problems (wars and deaths of those around her) etc. I mean she didn't get the title: Helen the Woman who Sunk Thousands of Ships for nothing.
She also has heavy connections to Athena and Aphrodite.
Helen is not a goddess but just a beatiful human woman.
Old 2016-11-28, 15:28   Link #2834
m4rc0s

Quote:
That's not quite right.
[spoiler]1. Ryuka didn't really put misinformation. He was telling the truth. The issue was he considered Makoto dangerous and wanted Hibiki to help keep him in check some way. But since Makoto is bullshit strong, she must never directly oppose him. To see that for herself he suggested something like a sparring match or so, for 'Fun'. He also gave her a backup plan for if/when Makoto gets out of control. Soemthing that would teleport him back to Earth forcibly, though at the lost of thousands of lives.
2. The match itself, she throws out a few hits and tears his armor away, finally happy that maybe she can land a few hits. But then he just builds it up again and squashes her with it. She tries to tear it off again and again, using her awakened technique to do it and it works but Makoto just builds it up again. She then moves super fast. Which Makoto can't follow. But Makoto finds it's the perfect time to test out something. Basically by firing an arrow, it breaks cause and effect, so it doesn't miss, it hits it's target so long as he has a clear image in his mind. Anyway it hits her right arm, but she puts her sword in her left and breaks his armor, then goes all out with a final attack before he builds it up again. Which he forgets to do because he admiring he style too much. So he just grabs the sword bare handed and diverts to to his side.

At which point he says he gives up because sasuga yuusha. Hibiki calls it a draw though. Though even if she says that, she feels its a complete loss since it's obvious he wasn't even remotely serious(She didn't even realize the arrow hit her, if that had been a hit to the head instead of the arm it would have been game over there) and he was planing on losing from the very start. Which vexes her.
i just keep it clean and short, not giving a full summary about all events, because when i gave full summary before, with my English, it seem that for our friends here is fair hard for them to read, but since you said that i was wrong in some of my explanation i will try to write a full summary now, about the events that i commented before.
Spoiler for spoiler about ryuka and the match:

Quote:

3. You're giving the the prince, or princess too much credit? >>"if they can have benefits from him, why we should be the Only one left out"<<
Is wrong I believe. It's more like since the demons are likely to get benefits from him, they have no choice but to do the same, less they fall behind.
In general, they are cautious of him because he's not HYUMAN ONLY.

like i wrote, i tried to give a literal translation to it; but for me i believe she deserves the credit i'm giving her, mainly because if you read the entire chapter and know the opinions of her brother and hibiki, not only the princess turned the situation around with "only" one sentence, she destroyed the fears that hibiki had about makoto helping the devils, and the main hostility that was growing in Hibiki because of that.
So not only she knew many inside information about the entire mental situation of hibiki at that time , something that is confirmed by her own monologue and the talk to hibiki, she choice the complete right words to keep hibiki at ease.
mainly she corrected many problems that Hibiki could have cause in the future to the firm, because they have in fact a choice to accept or not makoto's help and this was in fact the reason of the entire "section" of that chapter, they are discussing if they should or not allow makoto to do business with them and that Hibiki was against it in the start of the discussion because she was believing in her mind to be wrong to accept them in the kingdom if he was also doing businesses with the devils.
because she seems to have some type of mistake in which scale makoto's help would come from both sides(in hibiki's mind at the start, she was thinking of makoto as "war lord" gaining profit because of the war); the Princess already had the conclusion that makoto would not help in the war like hibiki was thinking, so she comes to the conclusion(explain-led hibiki to reach the conclusion by herself) with Hibiki and removes her fear to him explaining ; that makoto would never help in the war, but makoto is a gentle guy, and not only the kingdom but devils have vast number of territories and people, so is impossible for them to take care of "everyone", and this is where makoto enters, since he is kind he would help those villages, that are out side of the kingdoms grasp, the same as he will do to the devil, so there is no reason for "only" the devils gain this benefits from him, since he could also help those far away villages from the kingdom too, there is no reason to refuse his help, because like i have wrote before they can in fact do so, and hibiki and the prince (not the princess), was ready to do as well, if the princess (joshua) have not led hibiki to the connection that in reality there is no downside of accepting him, even if he where to help any other power, they should just do the same as them.
she not only choice the right words, she led hibiki by her palm in reaching the conclusion by herself, since she knows Hibiki, and since day One Hibiki is on the "level" of genius character, so i think that i'm giving enough credit to the princess to be able to lead Hibiki like that, even if the there was other person doing the same think to her in the arc as well: Mio for example.
both Mio and the princess, have not "told" hibiki what to do, but gave clues to Hibiki to reach the conclusion that both of them wanted, without she even noticing it; and this is also why i gave gudos to Mio as well, on my previous msg.
Quote:
Regardless, Hibiki and the rest are more along the lines of DON'T INSTIGATE. Though she wants to find something he holds dear. and at the end of their talk she starts to think he may have some sort of safe haven should he wipe the floor with the goddess and it has a negative effect of the world. Connects it with the rumors of a mirage town near Tsuige and decides to check it out.
again: i tried to keep it clean, you are like doing a full summary and saying that i was wrong because of it; but i must say that or you have not complete read the entire arc yet, or you have having some deep misunderstand about Hibikis resolves after the arc,this thing about finding someone he hold dear never come up later on , Ryuka only suggested to Hibiki to become the person itself in their first debate at their lair at the start, but by the end of the arc she already dismiss the idea of it. i will explain below.
but the discussion is a lot more profound than you have point out; and the end result as well because she is not more on the lines of "don't instigate", she just wants Io's head, and after that if she can, she will join sides with him, of course if it becomes possible, because she her self comments that just like her hates IO, many devils must hate her as well, so a complete reconciliation after killing Io would be almost impossible for her: i will explain more in the summary about the discussion
Spoiler for spoiler about makoto x hibiki discussion:

i will come to read it again, after taking a break to correct some grammar mistakes , it took me 1 hours to write, and check some of the facts about the discussion in the novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
Before makoto's visit to Limia, Hibiki's party with Lime was doing a few missions in laurel, there Chiya learned a new ability by request of Hibiki, that is the something like "mind Eye", this ability allow the user to see the real form of a person.
then at asora, after Lime made the report to tomoe; tomoe shiki and mio, got together and made multiples assurances against the ability ,so Chiya would not be able to "see" Mio and Makoto in their trip.
before the trip Mio had a very serious discussion with tomoe, about how to handle Hibiki, the discussion was very serious that they are almost going to fight, but in the end they reached the agreement that was to Mio to take Lime with them( well lime is mainly tomoe spy, so it would be like tomoe was there).
Makoto arrives at limia with Lime and MIo; since the previous discussion, Mio simple fakes to accept tomoe's conditions and have made her own moves since the start; the first one was not warn makoto about the Mind Eye's abilities, and allow chiya do not only see her true form, the black spider, but makoto form as as well;
after most of the events of the trip to ryuka's lair , and after Hibiki already knowing that Mio was in fact the spider because chiya told her , Mio and Hibiki have the second talk where: she just confirm it, and explain to her; that makoto fought her 14 days after he had arrived here and fought against her alone ; and Hibiki fought them, almost one month they arrived here, this may seems fuzzy for us reader since the dates may not seems to be right; but Mio explain this as well, saying that it seems that Makoto trip to the end of the world had some type of delay of more than 10 days: so for us reader when reading that monologue at the start; the goodness simple launched "makoto" at the end of the world , but it seems that in reality more than "10" days passed in his "trip" to the end of the world at that time.
this is what i could grasp about the "time frame" explanation from Mio so after that Mio recommends Hibiki to sees makoto power by her self, like i have wrote before and she request a match with him.
on a side note:
Spoiler for lime-makoto- mio figures by Chiya's Mind eye.:

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2016-11-28 at 22:49. Reason: to correct the word "Goddess"
Old 2016-11-28, 21:11   Link #2835
mufarasu

Quote:
i just keep it clean and short, not giving a full summary about all events, because when i gave full summary before, with my English, it seem that for our friends here is fair hard for them to read, but since you said that i was wrong in some of my explanation i will try to write a full summary now, about the events that i commented before.

like i wrote, i tried to give a literal translation to it; but for me i believe she deserves the credit i'm giving her, mainly because if you read the entire chapter and know the opinions of his brother and hibiki, not only the princess turned the situation around with "only" one sentence, she destroyed the fears that hibiki had about makoto helping the devils, and the main hostility that was growing in Hibiki because of that.
So not only she knew many inside information about the entire mental situation of hibiki at that time , something that is confirmed by her own monologue and the talk to hibiki, she choice the complete right words to keep hibiki at ease.
mainly she corrected many problems that Hibiki could have cause in the future to the firm, because they have in fact a choice to accept or not makoto's help and this was in fact the reason of the entire "section" of that chapter, they are discussing if they should or not allow makoto to do business with them and that Hibiki was against it in the start of the discussion because she was believing in her mind to be wrong to accept them in the kingdom if he was also doing businesses with the devils.
because she seems to have some type of mistake in which scale makoto's help would come from both sides(in hibiki's mind at the start, she was thinking of makoto as "war lord" gaining profit because of the war); the Prince already had the conclusion that makoto would not help in the war like hibiki was thinking, so she comes to the conclusion(explain-led hibiki to reach the conclusion by herself) with Hibiki and removes her fear to him explaining : that makoto would never help in the war, but makoto is a gentle guy, and not only the kingdom but devils have vast number of territories and people, so is impossible for them to take care of "everyone", and this is where makoto enters, since he is kind he would help those villages, that are out side of the kingdoms grasp, the same as he will do to the devil, so there is no reason for "only" the devils gain this benefits from him, since he could also help those far away villages from the kingdom too, there is no reason to refuse his help, because like i have wrote before they can in fact do so, and hibiki and the prince (not the princess), was ready to do as well, if the princess (joshua) have not led hibiki to the connection that in reality there is no downside of accepting him, even if he where to help any other power, they should just do the same as them.
she not only choice the right words, she led hibiki by her palm in reaching the conclusion by herself, since she knows Hibiki, and since day One Hibiki is on the "level" of genius character, so i think that i'm giving enough credit to the princess to be able to lead Hibiki like that, even if the there was other person doing the same think to her in the arc as well: Mio for example.
both Mio and the princess, have not "told" hibiki what to do, but gave clues to Hibiki to reach the conclusion that both of them wanted, without she even noticing it; and this is also why i gave gudos to Mio as well, on my previous msg.

again: i tried to keep it clean, you are like doing a full summary and saying that i was wrong because of it; but i must say that or you have not complete read the entire arc yet, or you have having some deep misunderstand about Hibikis resolves after the arc,this thing about finding someone he hold dear never come up later on , Ryuka only suggested to Hibiki to become the person itself in their first debate at their lair at the start, but by the end of the arc she already dismiss the ideia of it. i will explain below.
but the discussion is a lot more profound than you have point out; and the end result as well because she is not more on the lines of "don't instigate", she just wants Io's head, and after that if she can, she will join sides with him, of course if it becomes possible, because she her self comments that just like her hates IO, many devils must hate her as well, so a complete reconciliation after killing Io would be almost impossible for her: i will explain more in the summary about the discussion

i will come to read it again, after taking a break to correct some grammar mistakes , it took me 1 hours to write, and check some of the facts about the discussion in the novel.

Before makoto's visit to Limia, Hibiki's party with Lime was doing a few missions in laurel, there Chiya learned a new ability by request of Hibiki, that is the something like "mind Eye", this ability allow the user to see the real form of a person.
then at asora, after Lime made the report to tomoe; tomoe shiki and mio, got together and made multiples assurances against the ability ,so Chiya would not be able to read Mio and Makoto in their trip.
before the trip Mio had a very serious discussion with tomoe, about how to handle Hibiki, the discussion was very serious that they are almost going to fight, but in the end they reached the agreement that was to Mio to take Lime with them( well lime is mainly tomoe spy, so it would be like tomoe was there).
Makoto arrives at limia with Lime and MIo; since the previous discussion, Mio simple fakes to accept tomoe's conditions and have made her own moves since the start; the first one was not warn makoto about the Mind Eye's abilities, and allow chiya do not only see her true form, the black spider but makoto form as as well;
after most of the events of the trip to ryuka's lair , and after Hibiki already knowing that Mio was in fact the spider because chiya told her , Mio and Hibiki have the second talk where: she just confirm it, and explain to her; that makoto fought her 14 days after he had arrived here and fought against her alone ; and Hibiki fought them, almost one month they arrived here, this may seems fuzzy for us reader since the dates may not seems to be right; but Mio explain this as well, saying that it seems that Makoto trip to the end of the world had some type of delay of more than 10 days: so for us reader when reading that monologue at the start; the goodness simple launched "makoto" at the end of the world , but it seems that in reality more than "10" days passed in his "trip" to the end of the world at that time.
this is what i could grasp about the "time frame" explanation from Mio so after that Mio recommends Hibiki to sees makoto power by her self, like i have wrote before and she request a match with him.
on a side note:
Your English is fine except for one one thing.
It's Goddess NOT Goodess. That error really irritates me.
mufarasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 21:17   Link #2836
travelingbum

with vol 10 being tomorrow..... soon to be 2 months dead with no update.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-28, 22:36   Link #2837
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufarasu View Post
Your English is fine except for one one thing.
It's Goddess NOT Goodess. That error really irritates me.
thanks, i will edit it now.
if you find any other, please just mention and i will edit it.

Last edited by m4rc0s; 2016-11-28 at 22:50.
Old 2016-11-29, 12:03   Link #2838
joako210293
goomoonryong666

Quote:

like i wrote, i tried to give a literal translation to it; but for me i believe she deserves the credit i'm giving her, mainly because if you read the entire chapter and know the opinions of her brother and hibiki, not only the princess turned the situation around with "only" one sentence, she destroyed the fears that hibiki had about makoto helping the devils, and the main hostility that was growing in Hibiki because of that.
because she seems to have some type of mistake in which scale makoto's help would come from both sides(in hibiki's mind at the start, she was thinking of makoto as "war lord" gaining profit because of the war); the Princess already had the conclusion that makoto would not help in the war like hibiki was thinking, so she comes to the conclusion(explain-led hibiki to reach the conclusion by herself) with Hibiki and removes her fear to him explaining ; that makoto would never help in the war, but makoto is a gentle guy, and not only the kingdom but devils have vast number of territories and people, so is impossible for them to take care of "everyone", and this is where makoto enters, since he is kind he would help those villages, that are out side of the kingdoms grasp, the same as he will do to the devil, so there is no reason for "only" the devils gain this benefits from him, since he could also help those far away villages from the kingdom too, there is no reason to refuse his help, because like i have wrote before they can in fact do so, and hibiki and the prince (not the princess), was ready to do as well, if the princess (joshua) have not led hibiki to the connection that in reality there is no downside of accepting him, even if he where to help any other power, they should just do the same as them.

again: i tried to keep it clean, you are like doing a full summary and saying that i was wrong because of it; but i must say that or you have not complete read the entire arc yet, or you have having some deep misunderstand about Hibikis resolves after the arc,this thing about finding someone he hold dear never come up later on , Ryuka only suggested to Hibiki to become the person itself in their first debate at their lair at the start, but by the end of the arc she already dismiss the idea of it. i will explain below.

then at asora, after Lime made the report to tomoe; tomoe shiki and mio, got together and made multiples assurances against the ability ,so Chiya would not be able to "see" Mio and Makoto in their trip.
Makoto arrives at limia with Lime and MIo; since the previous discussion, Mio simple fakes to accept tomoe's conditions and have made her own moves since the start; the first one was not warn makoto about the Mind Eye's abilities, and allow chiya do not only see her true form, the black spider, but makoto form as as well;
on a side note:
just to know, its already known what is the wish of lime? in one chapter (when talking with Mondo) he speaks about the wish he want to ask to Makoto, but also it depends on tomoe
joako210293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 12:17   Link #2839
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by joako210293 View Post
just to know, its already known what is the wish of lime? in one chapter (when talking with Mondo) he speaks about the wish he want to ask to Makoto, but also it depends on tomoe
I think there is a spoiler that said
Spoiler for :
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 14:33   Link #2840
m4rc0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by joako210293 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
I think there is a spoiler that said
Spoiler for :
for what i have been reading so far, no, i do not know what his wish is yet,but i have a guess, in mean time i can say that it is in fact that he will not ask for being a permanent resident of asora; because he already is from a long time;
tomoe took him in, after they meet in tsige, and have been training him in asora even before Makoto got to know that he work for them.
later on as well, lime is the doing a very hard work in Asora
Spoiler for very hard work indeed.:

And to end, he is one of the most trusted aides of tomoe, so his Asora's membership card already have been made ages before his talk with Mondo.
Spoiler for guess about his wish::

Tags
fantasy, gods, harem, harem yet no harem, no romance, overpowered mc, power fantasy, summoned hero, webnovel