AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-06-17, 06:34   Link #3261
Twi

Okay, he is smarter than he looked to identify the bug. Still, the mind reading thing is an ass-pull. Didn't Negi at least use a spell for that.
Old 2015-06-17, 07:39   Link #3262
ReddyRedWolf

Are we even sure this his Eva? Dana's power is dimensional rifts.

Considering her body is 10 and Touta is 14 in a 12 year old body she called him a pervert. Considering the era she was in no doubt Eva met real perverts who are after children's bodies.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 01:12   Link #3263
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
while everything is possible, when picking your guesses with story logic some of them you can discard right off hand because it is unlikely, go back to chapter one, and tell me if Yukihime’s initial reaction not wanting to save a seemingly already dead Tota fit with your theory that she knew him from before? remember, Yukihime by then should already
1. knew Tota is a lab creation of two years old designed to defeat LM with magic cancel and magia erebea,
2. knew Dana is the witch of rift.
then she should have known that dimension jumping is the possible reason she met Tota in Dana’s castle before, then she should have done everything possible to save Tota without the Konoes begging her, the fact she was originally fine with letting Tota die is because she knew Tota is a flawed product, or even better, should have done nothing since she should have known Tota is already an immortal from magia erebea. (yes, I consider this a story bug when Dana says Tota’s immorality is from magia erebea, because it does not fit with what happens in chapter one when Yukihime revives Tota twice.)

further more your theory would not fit with Dana’s statement that “Tota WILL be the one to teach Yukihime the meaning of love”, if Yukihime already knew Tota, then it should be “Tota was the one who taught Yukihime the meaning of love”, etc.

Dana says the other rifts are just illusions and not to get too deeply involved, whether it is an illusion, or my guess, another dimension, is up to Ken to reveal later, I am not saying your theory is impossible, but if Ken did go that route, I would say he either ate his own setup or there are major bugs in his story, and after the end of Negima I would no longer be surprised by either. (multiple dimensions mean multiple Eva, I am taking the pain to type Yukihime because I really don’t believe she is the Eva who dimension hops with Chao from Negima.)
Maybe it's the translation I'm reading, but her reaction in Chapter 1 could just as easily be her gradually recognizing him as it could her being hesitant to revive some random kid. We don't know how much past!Eva will know by the time this arc is through. She'll presumably know that she's going to meet him in her future by then, but will she know exactly when to expect him? And if she doesn't learn that she'll eventually meet him, then her reaction makes that much more sense.

As for Dana's use of "will", I'd have to see the original Japanese to see if that tense is explicit, rather than implicitly added in translation, but even if it is, it will be future tense to Touta whether he romances past!Eva here or Yukihime later, since he hadn't done either by his perception at the time Dana said it. Time travel always complicates verb tenses.
Old 2015-06-18, 02:20   Link #3264
DerGilga
Banned

^
it should be this line:
お前はあの子に愛を教えられる
ただ一人のオトコだ
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 17:26   Link #3265
Dargor
Welp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Okay, he is smarter than he looked to identify the bug.
Touta really isn't dumb. At least book dumb. He's usually as perceptive or dense as the series requires him to be at different times, but he's never been shown to be a dunce.

Last edited by Dargor; 2015-06-18 at 20:07.
Dargor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 23:20   Link #3266
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Touta meets back up with Yukihime:

Touta: I've gotten over that silly childish crush and realized my feelings where a bit different. I've found someone i really like that I'd like to introduce you to when i can find her again

Evangeline: Oh who is this lucky girl that caught your attention?

Touta: Her names Kitty I met her in a rift between time and space! she's a vampire like us so she should still be around somewhere!

Evangeline: ..... Please go train your brain some more!

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 05:24   Link #3267
DerGilga
Banned

Because poor Astro seems to be overworked at the moment, here my translation attempt of chapter 84 spoilers:
Spoiler for Touta is a horrible captain:

Last edited by DerGilga; 2015-06-20 at 13:49. Reason: Input from Hata
Old 2015-06-20, 08:44   Link #3268
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerGilga View Post
Because poor Astro seems to be overworked at the moment, here my translation attempt of chapter 84 spoilers:
Spoiler for Touta is a horrible captain:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-06-20, 09:39   Link #3269
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Thanks DerGilga for the translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2015-06-20, 10:07   Link #3270
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

As an illusion of something that isn't supposed to be there is this Evangeline something like the phantasmagoria version? Something like a copy or a dream that doesn't really transfer to the original? I haven't had much of a chance to read the last several weeks due to summer classes starting back up and I took a full schedule so I have no idea what's going on till the break in a month in a half

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 11:05   Link #3271
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
それでも助けになるというなら殺してくれ、と
shouldn’t that “me” be Kitty instead of Tota?

Quote:
異形
while this Japanese means grotesque, in Chinese it could also means Aliens, I don’t think Ken will draw it that way, but this is why I prefer the later, more details MK spoiler with pictures, then there will be no doubt, the only problem with that is the later spoiler come out so late there is no reason to post/talk about them since within 24 hours CR will up the real thing.
Old 2015-06-20, 11:21   Link #3272
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
shouldn’t that “me” be Kitty instead of Tota?
I've had a bit of problem translating that.

助けになるという = 'He/she says to 'become' help

殺してくれ、= Please kill 'missing object'

indicating indirect speech,

So I guess it could also mean that Kitty is asking Touta to kill her, but given the later sentences and I've never got suicide vibes from Eva, I think she is asking Touta to kill himself so that he takes his offer back.

Quote:
while this Japanese means grotesque, in Chinese it could also means Aliens, I don’t think Ken will draw it that way, but this is why I prefer the later, more details MK spoiler with pictures, then there will be no doubt, the only problem with that is the later spoiler come out so late there is no reason to post/talk about them since within 24 hours CR will up the real thing.
I honestly admit when it comes to the different kanji meanings sometimes I'm really guessing. But thanks for the feedback!
Old 2015-06-20, 11:32   Link #3273
amtro
Distro

I don't think he's shipping anything, I think he's struggling with an inferiority complex from being told that he's a failed copy of Negi. He loves Eva, but doesn't see himself as her equal, or someone she might come to love too. He's 14/15 and his harem is like a tenth of Negi's, cut the kid some slack. He has some big boots to fill.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 12:08   Link #3274
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
I don't think he's shipping anything, I think he's struggling with an inferiority complex from being told that he's a failed copy of Negi. He loves Eva, but doesn't see himself as her equal, or someone she might come to love too. He's 14/15 and his harem is like a tenth of Negi's, cut the kid some slack. He has some big boots to fill.
This.
And with the time goes by, this inferiority complex will be cured eventually, either by he defeating MoTB-possessed Negi/Nagi or facing them when he travels to the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
As an illusion of something that isn't supposed to be there is this Evangeline something like the phantasmagoria version? Something like a copy or a dream that doesn't really transfer to the original? I haven't had much of a chance to read the last several weeks due to summer classes starting back up and I took a full schedule so I have no idea what's going on till the break in a month in a half
No, that's not it. Dana said things appeared in her castle was "like illusions", not actual illusions. Touta's confirmed they're real, after all. It's when a prehistoric giant dragonfly wandered into her castle and Dana had to send it back, instead of erasing it if it's really an illusion. I think she compared them to illusions is because they aren't actually exists in the current timeline and will have to be send back eventually. So if Touta grows attached to something, he will be very sad once it's no longer around.
Old 2015-06-20, 12:34   Link #3275
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
殺してくれ、= Please kill 'missing object'
or "Dana", since those are the only three possibilities in their "current" situation, LM is the fourth possibility depend on what the rest of the missing story content were. don't think there were any other choices...

==========
MK is late, here are the two lines which cause the confusion

キティ「それでも力になりたいと言うなら…◯してくれ この終わらない地獄から 掬い出して欲しい 出来る ならな」
刀太「…だからよ ◯してくれとかそーゆーのは ん?」

notice in both instance the verb "kill" is either originally omitted or being deleted by MK, it would be interesting to see how CR translate that if that is the original sentences, and yes, even if the lines are confusing I still think it was Kitty talking about herself, because it make sense story logic wise for she did not want to live in an eternal hell, that was my original premise for making my guess.

==========
if the word kill is omitted from the original work, then it might be censored from Kodansha, which are very sensitive to keywords like crazy, nuts, suicide, etc in shonen works, way to confirm that is to see if the word is put back in the compilation.

==========
I guess there are two group of opinions, one think the current arc with Eva is boring, one think the latest UQ is finally picking up speed and getting interesting exactly because the story is focus on Eva, my problem? in Negima Eva is with a 10 years old body, here in UQH Yukihime's loli form is rather a 12-14 years oldish figure, even she herself declaring that she was 16 years old. is this simply a new art style by Ken or done on purpose to make a difference?

==========
the cliffhanger is what Dana will do with Eva, magic seal memory? transport to another dimension? expel from Dana's castle? or even training together with Tota? don't think it would be too bad since obviously Yukihime is still around. then the question is if Ken will spend more page times on level two training or speed up the story again.

==========
Ken’s schedule is out, he will be traveling to France between 07/02-07/07, before that there are 2 more chapters (85, 86) he will deliver, so if my math is correct there will be a break after C86 for the week of 07/15 issue (SM #33)

Last edited by Hata; 2015-06-23 at 06:32.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 13:04   Link #3276
Dargor
Welp

I think we can pin down Eva looking olderish on Ken's current style, rather than her actually being older. All of 3-A started looking older as Negima went on, which awkwardly included Eva near the end of the MM arc as his art shifted. It actually worked more in his favor there though, since the girls were still pretty young.
Old 2015-06-23, 13:32   Link #3277
DerGilga
Banned

Quote:
キティ「それでも力になりたいと言うなら…◯してくれ この終わらない地獄から 掬い出して欲しい 出来る ならな」
この終わらない地獄から 掬い出して欲しい 出来る ならな
if I could i wish to bail out/escape this neverending hell

if I got that correctly, this means Kitty wants to ***. Kitty , nobody likes a dead Kitty.
Old 2015-06-23, 16:27   Link #3278
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
この終わらない地獄から 掬い出して欲しい 出来る ならな
if I could i wish to bail out/escape this neverending hell

if I got that correctly, this means Kitty wants to ***. Kitty , nobody likes a dead Kitty.
Wouldn't that be ignoring the previous part of the sentence context-wise?
キティ「それでも力になりたいと言うなら…◯してくれ この終わらない地獄から 掬い出して欲 しい 出来る ならな」

Kitty: "If you still say that you want to help me (want to become my strength) ... xxx. I want you to bail me out of this neverending hell ... that is if you can (do so)"

The verb 掬い出 causes confusion in the sentence. If it were 救い出す it could be clearly used as save/rescue me
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 22:34   Link #3279
Dargor
Welp

Once again, Touta's powers conveniently manifest to save the day at the last minute. Once again, "Oh wow I don't know how I did that" is in full effect. Come on Akamatsu, why are you still beating around the bush at this point. Just get on with it and let him do anything and everything this series has to offer. I can do without seeing the same thing over and over again.

Quote:
"The man you'll fall in love with is some redhead guy who's way more awesome then me."
But not awesome enough to star in his own series that caters to his every want and whim, giving him more and more powers on the fly. Tension is for losers.

Back to Dana...Akamatsu, please, drop the vampire thing. That's a goddamn Eldritch Abomination right there. Hell, at this point it makes more sense to play Dana as something like that as opposed to being the most un-vampire like vampire to every stride across the universe.

Beyond that though, the call back to Eva freezing Asuna was kinda funny I guess, and Dana's shadow arms sorta reminded of of Dynamis. Which reminds me, I miss Dynamis. I liked him. So cute little bonuses in what's otherwise a semi-corny chapter. No more motivational speeches from you, Touta! Save it for Kuro or something. Lord knows he'll need to get over his angst sooner or later.

Last edited by Dargor; 2015-06-23 at 23:05.
Old 2015-06-24, 00:51   Link #3280
Exether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargor View Post
Back to Dana...Akamatsu, please, drop the vampire thing. That's a goddamn Eldritch Abomination right there. Hell, at this point it makes more sense to play Dana as something like that as opposed to being the most un-vampire like vampire to every stride across the universe.
Well, I would say that she still is more vampire-like than some Type-Moon vampires, that go from classical blood-sucking demons to things that can only be described as concepts or weird phenomena... Anyway, don't want to start the eternal argument of "Our vampires are Different".

So far I'm enjoying the ride As many people have suggested before, Tota is very likely intruding in the past of Evangeline, mentioning that she's going to fall in love with Nagi (or Negi?) He pretty much has given her a "strong suggestion", under the guise of a "prediction". After this, very likely:

1. Dana sends her back to her timeline, she's currently in the rift, just like Tota, aka "Outside of time".
2. After Eva goes back she'll continue her hellish life which we already know from Negima until Nagi "saves/catches" her and gives her a little hope.
3. Going back to the "strong suggestion" she'll very likely think that she loves Nagi, because of the supposed prediction by Tota.
4. Yadayadayada Everything in Negima happens.
5. Then time skip till Tota's timeline.

Current Eva/Yukihime very likely at this point already figured out that Tota is that fellow she met several years ago at Dana's place. If she hasn't she'll connect the dots after Tota comes back from Dana's training.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love