AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-01-22, 17:53   Link #6341
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
No, not really. Willis yes, but Gore is not as productive as he used to be and neither is Moss who is actually older than Reed.
Really? I think some teams would be happy to have Gore on their squad. I see 2 seasons left for Gore and Moss. I had doubts about Moss at the beginning of the year, but he still has the speed to make him a WR that teams may want. He won't be a good one, but he could still play.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 18:10   Link #6342
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Really? I think some teams would be happy to have Gore on their squad. I see 2 seasons left for Gore and Moss. I had doubts about Moss at the beginning of the year, but he still has the speed to make him a WR that teams may want. He won't be a good one, but he could still play.
Gore isn't at the point anymore where he can take over games...and that is with arguably the best line in the NFL. If our quarterback has a bad game Gore won't save the day. His best days are behind him, and I can't remember the last time he got into the open field and ran 50 yards without being caught from behind. The longest run he had this season was 37 yards.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 20:32   Link #6343
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Also the Pro Bowl is a joke, just had to get that out there. Compared to the other All-Star games/events, the NFL really needs to find something interesting to do with their event.
I will agree that the Pro Bowl is a boring as hell and don't even bother to watch it.

However, last year, I watch the Pro Bowl at my dad's place and it became pretty interesting after the NFC pissed off the AFC team after NFC team successfully executed two onside kicks. Which cause the AFC team to wake up and play for real.

With all due respect, Does Randy Moss ever deserve a ring after that whole thing he pulled in Minnesota?
Old 2013-01-22, 22:35   Link #6344
cyberdemon

I personally hate the patriots. My Dad and brothers threw themselves on the bandwagon years ago and suddenly it was like "Patriot's this" and "Patriots that". It irritated the hell out of me. I don't like Brady but I have a particular dislike of Belichick.
Old 2013-01-22, 23:03   Link #6345
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I personally hate the patriots. My Dad and brothers threw themselves on the bandwagon years ago and suddenly it was like "Patriot's this" and "Patriots that". It irritated the hell out of me. I don't like Brady but I have a particular dislike of Belichick.
Enjoy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/the-shame-...er_videos_shek
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 01:29   Link #6346
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Gore isn't at the point anymore where he can take over games...and that is with arguably the best line in the NFL. If our quarterback has a bad game Gore won't save the day. His best days are behind him, and I can't remember the last time he got into the open field and ran 50 yards without being caught from behind. The longest run he had this season was 37 yards.
Gore actually had more yards overall on fewer carries than last year, and the first Seahawks game was one instance where Gore helped the rest of the offense get back into business.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 01:32   Link #6347
Yye1
Wide Right

Gore is in his late twenties or early thirties is he not, then he is reaching the end of his career. Most running backs r done around 32-33.
In regards to the Pats, I hate their arrogance and being sour losers. Belichik runs up the score when he wins and when he loses, turns down interviews, he is the only coach to do that on a consistent basis..

PS that slide by Brady was a punk move.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 01:43   Link #6348
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Gore is in his late twenties or early thirties is he not, then he is reaching the end of his career. Most running backs r done around 32-33.
In regards to the Pats, I hate their arrogance and being sour losers. Belichik runs up the score when he wins and when he loses, turns down interviews, he is the only coach to do that on a consistent basis..

Most are, but there are a fair number of prominent RB's that managed to last to 35. I think Gore has the potential of being one of them. (He's currently 29, about to turn 30)
Old 2013-01-23, 02:17   Link #6349
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Gore actually had more yards overall on fewer carries than last year, and the first Seahawks game was one instance where Gore helped the rest of the offense get back into business.
True. Gore did help us a lot in that game. At the same time we are so late in the season and Gore has slowed down a little. I don't see him breaking away against the Ravens defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post

Yes. I'd be surprised if Gore has another 1000 yard season left in him. I think we're going to start transitioning to a three way rotation maybe with James and Hunter along with Gore.

By the way, it's good to be back in the Super Bowl. This was a very enlightening sight:

Spoiler for ......:

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-01-23, 02:33   Link #6350
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
True. Gore did help us a lot in that game. At the same time we are so late in the season and Gore has slowed down a little. I don't see him breaking away against the Ravens defense.
Actually, the big reason why Gore's stats went down late in the season was due to that new focus in the deep passing game that came with Kaep. Oh, and I was right about Crabtree having that breakout season.

Quote:
Yes. I'd be surprised if Gore has another 1000 yard season left in him. I think we're going to start transitioning to a three way rotation maybe with James and Hunter along with Gore.
The Niners have a good fitness staff, a strong O-Line and reliable backup RB's, it's more than safe to say that Gore will pull off at least one 1,000 yard season in the remaining two years of his contract.
Old 2013-01-23, 04:49   Link #6351
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Actually, the big reason why Gore's stats went down late in the season was due to that new focus in the deep passing game that came with Kaep. Oh, and I was right about Crabtree having that breakout season.
Yeah, a receiver will look a lot better when a capable quarterback is throwing to him. Shocking. And Frank Gore just isn't the back he used to be. He's not going to take over games on a consistent basis without help and the passing game opening up a little bit. He's just not that guy anymore. Being in a new offense was a change, but that has nothing to do with how much slower he is than he used to be.

Quote:
The Niners have a good fitness staff, a strong O-Line and reliable backup RB's, it's more than safe to say that Gore will pull off at least one 1,000 yard season in the remaining two years of his contract.
And they also have two young backs that they'd want to get some playing time. Anthony Dixon makes three young backs. I expect Gore's role to be diminished to sharing the rock next year.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-01-23, 07:06   Link #6352
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
While on that note -- the Niners can afford to lose a Super Bowl. As for the Ravens -- this is it for them. So, the Ravens have the advantage on the "intangibles" department.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 07:27   Link #6353
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
While on that note -- the Niners can afford to lose a Super Bowl. As for the Ravens -- this is it for them. So, the Ravens have the advantage on the "intangibles" department.
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 49ers essentially become repeat attendees like the Pats/Steelers have been over the past 10 years. Ravens... we need this more.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 07:49   Link #6354
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Ah the NFL....brilliant for bad lip reading apparently

Old 2013-01-23, 09:18   Link #6355
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
By the way, this was a punk move by Brady. He could have ended Reed's career right there with his little bitch slide he pulled.

I like how John Harbaugh tells the official "He kicked him!!!" and the official shrugs his shoulders and replies with "Well I don't know about that..."
Definitely a bitch move. Glad to hear he reached out to Ed and apologized but it was still pathetic, especially with all the protection refs afford him.
Old 2013-01-23, 14:27   Link #6356
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Cheater? Evil Empire? How old are you?
You're on a anime site, evil empires are everywhere! and yes...by cheater, Kyuu is referring to the whole spying thing.

Quote:
The hate for the pats in general around here is vomit inducing.
Try having a rational conversation as a Cowboys fan w/out wanting to kick someone in the dick for their irrational hate and idiocy.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 01:23   Link #6357
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the 49ers essentially become repeat attendees like the Pats/Steelers have been over the past 10 years. Ravens... we need this more.
No, you really don't.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-01-24, 10:09   Link #6358
GDB

Quote:
No, you really don't.
I don't keep too up to date on the 49ers, but what big names/starters do you have that likely won't be around next season? Gore and Moss? Ravens won't have Ray Lewis, highly likely won't have Matt Birk, and possibly won't have Ed Reed, Anquan Boldin, Paul Kreuger, Dannell Ellerbe, Cary Williams, Bryant McKinnie, or Dennis Pitta (all unrestricted free agents, and Flacco needs a new contract).

It really is a "do or die" situation for Baltimore.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 16:43   Link #6359
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
I don't keep too up to date on the 49ers, but what big names/starters do you have that likely won't be around next season? Gore and Moss? Ravens won't have Ray Lewis, highly likely won't have Matt Birk, and possibly won't have Ed Reed, Anquan Boldin, Paul Kreuger, Dannell Ellerbe, Cary Williams, Bryant McKinnie, or Dennis Pitta (all unrestricted free agents, and Flacco needs a new contract).

Yeah, kind of why I'm rooting for the Ravens as well. Ed Reed desrves a ring as do a lot of those players.

The 49ers, while having gone through some hard times, are showing themselves as consistent contenders. So I can see them making it back to the super bowl again in the coming years.

Either way I'll be satisfied with either team winning, since both teams very much deserve it.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 17:42   Link #6360
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

I don't know about the players contract situation. Most of our guys are locked up. Gore's deal might be over in a year or two. But he's almost 30 and I'd be surprised if the 49ers get back before he either is released because his contract is up or just breaks down.

Moss is probably gone I feel regardless of what happens. He really seems like his own man and I don't think I've heard a word from him since the middle of the season. Maybe he refuses to talk to the media. I'm sure he's a good teammate, but he just seems off by himself.

Dashon Goldson, my favorite player on defense, is probably going to be franchised again if a new deal isn't signed.

Justin Smith is 33. Who knows how much longer he'll be able to play. He's already had a worse year than he did last season and is playing on a torn triceps.

Getting to a Super Bowl is ridiculously hard. A lot of people are saying this is the beginning of a good run for San Francisco, but nothing is certain. San Diego had a good run in the mid to late 2000's, but never got anywhere.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
american football, sports