AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-07, 14:18   Link #1
Syaoran
Inactive Member

[Manga] Chapter 341 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Naruto 341 - 修行の成果...! (Training results...!)
Spoiler for Illustration (Wacom & Colour):

Summary
Kakashi allows Naruto to take out Kakuzu and tells him to go for it.
While Naruto gets ready, a great amount of black strings is coming out of Kakuzu's mouth, starting to change...

Kakuzu's posture became a lot bigger, having some kind of tentacles and 3 heads, formed by the himself and the 2 remaining masks. Not only did his shape change, but his chakra considerably grew as well! He's trying to match to Naruto's jutsu. Naruto executes Kage Bunshin no Jutsu to get prepared as well.

He and his 3 bunshins are generating the Fuuton - Rasenshuriken. One of them charges Kakuzu in front while the 3 other are finishing Naruto's jutsu.
While the group of 3 is running directly toward Kakuzu, the 4th jumps over Yamato's jutsu remaining to face Kakuzu. Naruto is convinced he can do it this time and are about to strike him.

Kakuzu takes Naruto by surprise by jumping over them, towards the one holding the Rasenshuriken. For Kakuzu, the one holding the jutsu is the original, since he's the one who strikes the opponent. This isn't scary for Naruto as long as the jutsu gets crushed and explodes.

Kakuzu encloses his tentacles in some kind of cage. Ino knew it. Kakuzu read through Naruto's tactic. Zaaaaaa! Naruto is caught by Kakuzu's tentacles.

Poof! Suddenly it disappears. Naruto tricked everyone, even his teammates.
This is bad for Kakuzu, if that guy was a fake, it means the original will hit him! While Kakuzu was busy trapping the Rasenshuriken, Naruto and his 2 remaining bunshins created the real jutsu and are just inches behind Kakuzu's back.

Kakuzu realizes it, but it's too late. HIT! Naruto hit Kakuzu in his back with full force. Ino, Chouji, Kakashi and Yamato are looking expectantly at the scene.

Naruto's Rasenshiruken is so violent it pierces through Kakuzu's body, ripping his flesh apart with blood gushing out of his back.

Kakuzu is pushed forward by the tremendous power of this jutsu. The chakra shuriken rips Kakuzu apart, while the dense chakra core continues it's way and rapidly extending a spherical wind shell around what seems a regular rasengan.

Kakuzu is done for... A huge explosion follows. His teammates have to protect themselves while Naruto is blown away onto the ground, while his jutsu's wind is desintegrating Kakuzu who's at the center.

A huge gaping crating is all that's left, together with Kakuzu's corpse and small pieces of flesh falling back onto the ground.
Naruto himself is laying on the ground a few meters away.
Kakashi is kinda worried and concerned by it... That jutsu is so fast and violent that even a sharingan user cannot escape it. it's one hell of a jutsu!

Hehe... Naruto's happy. He did it! He crossed his bridge alone!

Last edited by Syaoran; 2007-02-07 at 18:28. Reason: Illustration added
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 14:29   Link #2
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Sasuke basically shirtless... In colour ... In action .. Wow..

Kakuzu's Hair? or Strings resembled Itachi's hair even his shirt kinda does.. x).

Wow Naruto did really well there O.o not a perfect landing. Did his clones kinda throw him at Kakuzu?

Much better than 340 ^^.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 14:32   Link #3
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Naruto's jutsu is like a sticky jutsu that acts like a time-bomb. It is like once you get caught by the jutsu, you cannot escape the deadly ending...

And it gave us a glimpse of what the full version can do, Naruto can be able to throw it, cause, he is not needed to preserve it until the last moment.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 14:47   Link #4
Negs

Need... Summary....
Negs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 14:51   Link #5
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rave View Post
Wow Naruto did really well there O.o not a perfect landing. Did his clones kinda throw him at Kakuzu?

Much better than 340 ^^.
-Wow, this is the first time I've seen you compliment Naruto's performance Lady Rave-chan . That aside I absolutely loved this chapter, which was a thousand time better than the previous chapter 340 disaster. Holy **** on a sandwich with a **** on top, how much power does that Rasenshuriken have? Not too keen on the name but whatever works.
Old 2007-02-07, 15:05   Link #6
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Okay everything's clear now. Kakuzu wasn't launched into the air. He was attacked in mid-air and then fell down into the crater created by the Rasengan. It's pretty impressive how a Futon Rasengan detonating many feet in the air can still have enough force to make a crater several meters in the ground. The jutsu seems to work closest to how Ero-Senn1n described

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
I think that the chakra is whirling at very high speed inside, and the part that is coming out from the center and is being transformed into wind jutsu is so fast that it cannot be seen by any sort of eye. It's like millions of deadly spikes coming out from a whirlwind at light-speed and cutting through anything. And it is not a solid thing so it cannot be stopped with a kusanagi or something like that because it would stop only 1% of those wind blades, all the others cutting the opponent.
It was a quick end for Kakuzu, but that was a spectacular attack.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 15:28   Link #7
chuckcsf

Ghey! Nothing too spectacular. So again we go back to the question, what changed in Naruto? We've seen that soo many times where he tricks the opponent into attacking his clone thinking it's the real him then he surprises him. I don't think this will work on Sauske since he could probably see through his trick and he's too fast to be hit by that attack. Ofcourse the attack was pretty powerful and impresive and I guess Naruto did not get caught in the explosion but rather, was exhausted.

Last edited by chuckcsf; 2007-02-07 at 15:47.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 15:32   Link #8
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

The attack is indeed spectacular. I'm not sure how it works, it seems the Wind Shurinken part is used to project the target away for a while until the Wind Rasengan explodes in a first blast. The Wind waves then come back toward the target to finish it.

On the other hand I was affraid that Naruto connecting with Kakuzu would happen that way. Kakuzu presented as a cunning ninja with tremendous experience... Felt for the easiest KB trick in the book.
Not only that but the guy who uses large elemental AOE attack as main offense and can separate his hearts so he wouldn't be killed by one single powerful attack suddenly stop using these abilities when Naruto appears.
Kishimoto makes good vilains but I would prefer to see them killed because the heros were smarter rather than the vilain becoming suddenly dumb.

Bleh enough whinning
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 16:05   Link #9
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
The attack is indeed spectacular. I'm not sure how it works, it seems the Wind Shurinken part is used to project the target away for a while until the Wind Rasengan explodes in a first blast. The Wind waves then come back toward the target to finish it.

On the other hand I was affraid that Naruto connecting with Kakuzu would happen that way. Kakuzu presented as a cunning ninja with tremendous experience... Felt for the easiest KB trick in the book.
Not only that but the guy who uses large elemental AOE attack as main offense and can separate his hearts so he wouldn't be killed by one single powerful attack suddenly stop using these abilities when Naruto appears.
Kishimoto makes good vilains but I would prefer to see them killed because the heros were smarter rather than the vilain becoming suddenly dumb.

Bleh enough whinning
I agree the villains are suddenly slow/stupid/dumb/weak when Naruto is fighting the
Old 2007-02-07, 16:22   Link #10
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Is Kakazu is really dead, I would be majorly disappointed; especially reading this summary. Like hunter said, I am amazed as how retarded villians will become for no logical reason.

I was hoping that Naruto seems to obtain some good speed, but it looks like he didn't after all but instead trick his opponents using the mass number of clones and general assumptions they would make ('Ahh that must be the original because he is using the jutsu!').

In either case, this clearly now puts Naruto officially above Kakashi and company which by defaults (knowing how these series go) means that Sasuke himself should be powerful enough to take on Akatsuki members on his own. This series of defeat is also shaping up the strength of the relevant Akatsuki members too.

I suspect it is going to reach a point soon where Itachi (and maybe Kisame) will be given an opportunity to show his true strength.
Old 2007-02-07, 16:26   Link #11
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

Bleh enough whinning
Yeah I know but the question i ahve is what elemnts did he have left. WE know that Earth was taken out. And the counter for wind is Fire. So was his fire elemental heart killed when he got spiked by his partner?. And then the question is, even if he did have his fire heart did he has enought Chakra to boster againts Naruto attake. Then how good can fire be as a defence againt a melee attake?
Old 2007-02-07, 16:33   Link #12
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EadTaes View Post
Yeah I know but the question i ahve is what elemnts did he have left. WE know that Earth was taken out. And the counter for wind is Fire. So was his fire elemental heart killed when he got spiked by his partner?. And then the question is, even if he did have his fire heart did he has enought Chakra to boster againts Naruto attake. Then how good can fire be as a defence againt a melee attake?
Kakuzu had Fire, Wind and presumably Water (though he never uses it) elements left. They were irrelevant this chapter though, because he was only using his tendrils to attack and not his masks.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:07   Link #13
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Haha what a weird attack....i doubt Shika/Sakura/Sai didnt heard the huge explosion...anyway this is definetly not an attack Naruto should use for practice (on teammates) and especially not when they are close to him.

Anyway Yamato....what has changed about Naruto? (He would've been a completly new person....yeah right...)

I'd be disappointed if Kakuzu suddenly still is alive after that attack and i doubt Zetsu will suddenly start to attack them solo.

Probably the troops will go back to Konoha to report....and then suddenly new clues about Sasuke. And now come to think of it.

If Akatsuki attacks Konoha then they will die...it seems like the main characters are more then enough.
Old 2007-02-07, 17:09   Link #14
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Fire, Wind and Ligthing. Not water.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:12   Link #15
Big_Papi
Dominican Elite

Seems allot of people are now bowing down to lord Naruto ..lol very nice chapter how naruto switched it up on kakuzu also showing naruto's speed in the sproces, im sure Kakuzu would have picked up naruto coming from behind liek that.....
Big_Papi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:22   Link #16
cani
Thatīs my way of ninja

uuuugh...thats a bit dissapointing imo..naruto comes..makes one jtsu..and kills him.and kakuzu being dumb all of a sudden...man...
cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:32   Link #17
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
i liked shikamaru's battles way more than these super high lvl attacks being thrown around.
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:33   Link #18
chuckcsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Papi View Post
Seems allot of people are now bowing down to lord Naruto ..lol very nice chapter how naruto switched it up on kakuzu also showing naruto's speed in the sproces, im sure Kakuzu would have picked up naruto coming from behind liek that.....
I don't really see anything that would indicate Naruto's speed. It show's how slow and dumb Kakuzu was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Anyway Yamato....what has changed about Naruto? (He would've been a completly new person....yeah right...)
Maybe his eyes are permanently like that. That is the only change that I can see in Naruto. I wonder with Kyuubi eyes, is he still vulnerable to genjutsus?
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:58   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

Kakuzu didn't use elemental attack because the first thing that happened to him when Naruto and Yamato stepped in was that his combined elemental attack (of the remaining two masks) was destroyed by Naruto and Yamato combined attack.
After that Kakuzu used his elemental attacks again, destroying two clones, and thus wasting his chakra on mere clones. And remember that there are 4 more ninja to defeat, so he cannot allow to waste chakra on mere clones. Also Naruto's attack failed too, so Kakuzu didn't expect something like this would happen, and as we saw in this chapter not even Kakashi expected something powerful like this. So why use something that has already failed, Kakuzu simply switched to another method, which is probably his basic attack method, because the masks represent people who were defeated by Kakuzu, so they and their elemental attacks should not be Kakuzu's strongest power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Is Kakazu is really dead, I would be majorly disappointed; especially reading this summary.
Me too, but we must remember that Kakashi's much lower level raikiri took out 1 heart, and this jutsu was really much stronger than anything Kakashi can come up (except if he uses the near-suicidal MS move). However somone more human like Itachi would have died, but of course Itachi would never be hit by this.

Quote:
I was hoping that Naruto seems to obtain some good speed, but it looks like he didn't after all but instead trick his opponents using the mass number of clones and general assumptions they would make ('Ahh that must be the original because he is using the jutsu!').
Remember that the speed of the pre timeskip Naruto, and even that of Sasuke and Lee was nowhere near the speed of akatsuki. Considering that Naruto's speed here was almost unbeliveable. With his kyuubi-mode he was faster here than Kakashi, this was a huge improvment for Naruto.

The trick was effective because a mere clone was using a super-jutsu, who would expect that? It's like Itachi making a clone and then the clone uses Tsukiyomi/Amatreasu on someone. When someone uses his ultimate jutsu he is supposed to be the real one. I remember only one legendary ninja (including kage level) who made his clone use his super-ultimate jutsu: Yondaime using his teleport jutsu with 50 clones. But nobody made a trick using his ultimate jutsu.

Quote:
I suspect it is going to reach a point soon where Itachi (and maybe Kisame) will be given an opportunity to show his true strength.
I think this "showing their true strength" is the worst thing in the story: akatsuki just keep falling while they were praised to be super-deadly serial killers. The thing that would make it beliveable would be if major Konoha forces would be killed by them. The worst example is Itachi himself, said to be stronger than Orochimaru, having godlike MS eyes. Than he escapes fighting situations. He should have killed at least Gai and a couple of jounins. While Orochimaru killed two kages and he fears Itachi, so the introduction of Itachi was quite bad. Except if the theories about Itachi not being such an evil guy are true.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2007-02-07 at 18:10.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 18:01   Link #20
tritoch

Kakuzu went all out on the Naruto clone with the rasenshuriken. He didn't had time to react cause he was in midair countering the bunshin attack while going for the clone with rasenshuriken.

The other clones that did the initial attack reformed the rasenshuriken behind Kakuzu.

so meh.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote