AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 29 18.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 38.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 25.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 12.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-12, 21:02   Link #21
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

I haven't rated it yet since I first want to see the sub.

However I really liked this episode even though it was mostly talking , some backflashes and explanation. However this is indeed as some others already mentioned a crucial moment. From here the story will pickup a notch of 2 and the action move into an even higher gear (I really hope they have enough budget).

I really liked how they showed how in a short period the 4 have gotten real close comrades. I guess sharing a near death experience and surviving it helps forging this kind of strong emotional bonds.

This is something I really like in Claymore. The attitude of "my sword is your sword, and my life is your life" is so honourable I guess I am a sucker for that kind of stuff

and lastly look into her blue blue eyes (er or silver )

Galetea (a.k.a. Miss Claymore)
Old 2007-06-12, 21:23   Link #22
B-day
Yokomo driver

Galatea, Miss Claymore, haha. I like it.
Old 2007-06-12, 21:28   Link #23
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
However I really liked this episode even though it was mostly talking , some backflashes and explanation. However this is indeed as some others already mentioned a crucial moment. From here the story will pickup a notch of 2 and the action move into an even higher gear (I really hope they have enough budget).

I really liked how they showed how in a short period the 4 have gotten real close comrades. I guess sharing a near death experience and surviving it helps forging this kind of strong emotional bonds.

Galetea (a.k.a. Miss Claymore)
Ep. 11 Screencaps and summary.

LOL, yes, I agree, Galatea is my vote for "Miss Claymore" She's tall, beautiful, and got talent.

I agree this may be a crucial moment, as the four girls are aware that there is more to than just killing youma endlessly. And their bond is more than just the sharing of a near death experience (which may happen on other occasions)... the four share something more in common.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-06-12, 22:09   Link #24
MooMooFarm

=] hurry hurry sub sub!
Old 2007-06-12, 22:41   Link #25
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
As I said before, the ethos of Claymore operators seems to model on Ancient Sparta hoplites that is made famous in movies like 300. Same outlook, same elan and comradeship under arms type of feel. This ep as I suspected, reinforces this warrior etiquette.

As for Raki, I dare to venture to say one day we shall see him as a very skillful warrior. But for what cause? Who knows.

This story surprised me a lot. Literally.
Old 2007-06-12, 23:08   Link #26
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
As I said before, the ethos of Claymore operators seems to model on Ancient Sparta hoplites that is made famous in movies like 300. Same outlook, same elan and comradeship under arms type of feel. This ep as I suspected, reinforces this warrior etiquette.

This story surprised me a lot. Literally.
H'm that is a good comparison I must say.

Although of course I must admit that its much more pleasing having to watch 47 beautiful slender female warriors. Then 300 over muscled sweaty hairy chested spartan males like in the movie

Last edited by dutchman; 2007-06-13 at 02:03.
Old 2007-06-12, 23:56   Link #27
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
=] hurry hurry sub sub!
Just so you don't endlessly hit "reload" today - our TL is travelling, so we'll be around 1 day late.
Old 2007-06-12, 23:58   Link #28
migs.
Uninspired

Send a message via MSN to migs. Send a message via Yahoo to migs.
^
Hmmm that's bad but I think it's ok, I'll be more excited to watch it instead

and wow, Galatea has blue eyes?
Old 2007-06-13, 00:37   Link #29
stormy001_M1A2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
H'm that is a good comparison I must say.

Although of course I must admit that its much more pleasing have to watch 47 beautiful slender female warriors. Then 300 over muscled sweaty hairy chested spartan males like in the movie
Hahahaha, you have no idea how many of my female friends swooned by such crass exploitation of male machismo. Guess some of us have Claymore to counter it?
Old 2007-06-13, 01:58   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not really.
Theresa: "This is CLAYMORE!"
Us: *retch*
Old 2007-06-13, 04:37   Link #31
EasyPrey

After watching this episode, I came to this conclusion: Galatea is hot!

Man, she is just gorgeous. And the blue eyes!

If one word could some up Galatea, it would be graceful. From the manor she walks to her perfect figure (thank god she did not get double-D breasts, like so common in Anime and Manga).

The voice actress also did a very good job on Galatea's voice. Instead of hurrying the words and raising the pitch (so common nowadays), she spoke very deliberately eloquently.

Oh yeah, some girls were talking and carving Claymore symbols in the rock. May be they were talking painting lessons. Who knows.

-EasyPrey
Old 2007-06-13, 04:39   Link #32
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Yeah...Painting lessons...;_; Horrible painting lessons ;_;
Old 2007-06-13, 05:36   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyPrey View Post
After watching this episode, I came to this conclusion: Galatea is hot!

Man, she is just gorgeous. And the blue eyes!

If one word could some up Galatea, it would be graceful. From the manor she walks to her perfect figure
We don't call her Miss Claymore for nothing!
Old 2007-06-13, 07:50   Link #34
t3ck
Anime Freak

Galatea... she was animated so perfectly! Miss Clyamore indeed. Really gorgeous. She's climbing up my ladder of favourite char. Just behind Teresa and Miria. And all this in less then 5mins of screenplay!

Nice episode. Lots of story telling. And a glimpse on the psycho no. 4. Can't wait for next week for her debut! The turning point of the show! Especially for Clare!
Old 2007-06-13, 09:22   Link #35
stormy001_M1A2

Galatea maybe hot as long she stays in armour. Surely her real body will produce same reaction like Theresa's. Hhahahaha
Old 2007-06-13, 09:40   Link #36
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
First time ever I pull a rare "9" for an episode which is basically only all-talk.

Why?

Because for me, this was the single most important episode in Claymore ever. This was when it finally dawned on me that something special was happening with this show. It literally opened up, and you could see the long-range story threads spawning from now on.
Indeed.

The story is picking up, and despite the heavy dialogue, I definitely liked this episode far more than the previous one. This is the crucial turning point, where the plot really becomes so much better.

(Shame then that the art goes the opposite direction. And the BGM, well, it sucks as usual. 'Nuff said.)

For those all the reasons stated above, my vote's 8 for this round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
LOL, yes, I agree, Galatea is my vote for "Miss Claymore" She's tall, beautiful, and got talent.
Woohoo. Much <3 for our Claymore Cover Girl. Someone go sign her up for idoru duties already.

And so, with this episode, the Claymore Top 5 have been introduced, and we know Miss Claymore is no push-over either. If you thought Phantom Miria was awesome, how do you think the Top 5 would turn out? Stay tuned.
Old 2007-06-13, 10:04   Link #37
migs.
Uninspired

Send a message via MSN to migs. Send a message via Yahoo to migs.
lol any claymore would look like that, I wonder why, do they have like a yoma face on their body, lol

I wonder why Galatea's eyes is blue, or it's gray and it became blue due to the lighting conditions
Old 2007-06-13, 10:40   Link #38
zato_1one

Galatea owned!!!

I really love background art in this episode. Very beautiful. And Miria flashback was interesting too. I assumed that that time Miria was still not promoted to No.6 Or else there would have two single digits to hunt an Awakened which I thought the Org. wouldn't do that.

Yahoo! Next episode, another elf has appeared!
Old 2007-06-13, 10:44   Link #39
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well..whoever startes the Miss Claymore thing..i would like to thank u for the idea. Even though i didnt draw everyone's fav choice..i did make my version in the image thread. Guys can check it out if they want.

Anyway, so how is it that i hear Galatea has blue eyes??? it can be the actual color, can it??? And how come people forget Teresa for Miss Claymore
Old 2007-06-13, 10:49   Link #40
B-day
Yokomo driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Galatea maybe hot as long she stays in armour. Surely her real body will produce same reaction like Theresa's. Hhahahaha
I don't mind if she wears a one piece swimsuit.
Closed Thread