AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-09-28, 00:38   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 557 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

It's a new week, so that means new Naruto spoilers...

Quote:
-2nd Mizukage’s technique has created hail. Giant ice balls are falling from the sky.

-The technique creates an exploding steam clone that expands and contracts as it gets hotter or colder.

-A steam clone attacks Gaara and Oonoki, but the Tsuchikage tells Gaara to focus on finding the real Mizukage and to leave the clone to him and the other shinobi.

-Gaara attempts to seal the dead Mizukage before the technique reaches completion, but to no avail.

-Fight continues into next week.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-09-28 at 09:32.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 08:03   Link #2
HasuMasu
*Artist

The iceball thing is kinda weird...
Old 2011-09-28, 08:03   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So can anyone remember their chemistry/physics lessons back in high school?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 08:03   Link #4
kakakka

Chapter out.

Gaara vs. Mizukage

EDIT: Hahaha, 3 users posted at the same time!
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 08:12   Link #5
haegar
mangaviking

hm. so Naruto did NOT help out yet - and yet it is a tad boring chapter. Somehow this dummy explosive clone looks a lot less impressive than I expected after last chapter. And of course it had to be daddy's gold sand of undying love that is used to get by 0.o MEH I say Well, at least he used some brains I guess ... btw Oonoki's back quirks are gettin kinda old
Old 2011-09-28, 08:20   Link #6
kakakka

I can't believe how you made it sound worse than what it is in the chapter. Nice job
Old 2011-09-28, 08:23   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha... it's been quite a while I read a good Naruto chapters..... nice Chemistry and Physics lesson....
Gaara is a genius for thinking that.... although he will be hopeless if he didn't face his father and collect gold sand before
It's also good thing that Naruto doesn't need to defeat too many enemies.... I almost think that Naruto will be the one who finish that Mizukage
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 09:06   Link #8
james0246

So, I'm confused. What does the hail do? Is it just shrapnel? Or is it just a byproduct of the exploding steam cloud?

Still, I thought the technique was interesting. Easily one of the most interesting pure elemental techniques we have seen in awhile.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 09:11   Link #9
Sixth
Hu Tao

Mizukage is such a boss. He takes your strongest attack and made it his strongest defense. Talks about being trollkage.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 09:12   Link #10
kakakka

The hail cools the process down after the clone exploded so the technique can be executed again
Old 2011-09-28, 09:32   Link #11
mrShady

The pacing is terrible though no matter how cool the fight is.
It just seems so drawn out.
But like James said glad some elemental focus is back.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 09:44   Link #12
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Mizukage is such a boss. He takes your strongest attack and made it his strongest defense. Talks about being trollkage.
Funny cause he actually looks kinda like he has a permanent trollface
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 09:52   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

While I won't say it's a great chapter, it's still very enjoyable simply cause Mizukage has to this point been a rather entertaining character.

Whether or not one wants to put real chemistry/physics into the fight, up to them but I see it as more a judgement call since it's all about ninja's with super powers

Still a pretty good fight by any standard.
Old 2011-09-28, 09:56   Link #14
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I've come to realize something...Kirigakure characters are just more entertaining than most others...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 09:57   Link #15
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Nice chapter. Mizukage is as awesome as always, an Gaara's counterattack was really nice. A golden egg, indeed.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 12:49   Link #16
ChronoReverse

I like how Gaara didn't randomly get faster but utilized a good trick to slow down his target.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 13:09   Link #17
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Ok I cannot actually get over that, water boils at 100 degrees and the melting point of gold is 1000 degrees, how the hell did Gaara melt the gold?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 13:12   Link #18
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Ok I cannot actually get over that, water boils at 100 degrees and the melting point of gold is 1000 degrees, how the hell did Gaara melt the gold?
Water boils at 100 but the oil has to be much much hotter than that in order to flash boil water fast enough to cause a steam explosion.
Old 2011-09-28, 14:30   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
It depends on the pressure applied (can be at max. about 280 C degrees). But it's below 1000 anyway

But it's pointless to apply the exact physics of our world, in that case you would discover at least one plot hole on every page of the manga

I didn't expect Kishimoto focusing all on Gaara, now it seems he is one of the side characters like Shikamaru who were singled out by Kishimoto, while the average side characters like Neji or Temari simply don't get enough screen time to do anything important and interesting. I guess the author decided that focusing on too many side characters would make the manga too long and boring so he singled out a few of them, those who are also best candidates to be Naruto's close allies in the end game when Madara and Sasuke come to kick ass. As the mizukage said: Gaara has no chance against the enemy boss if he can't even beat a dead kage, so now it seems Kishi wants to make Gaara the hero of this fight and not Naruto and also he will be there to help Naruto.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 15:10   Link #20
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It depends on the pressure applied (can be at max. about 280 C degrees). But it's below 1000 anyway

But it's pointless to apply the exact physics of our world, in that case you would discover at least one plot hole on every page of the manga
Manga Physics aside, the heating element has no reason to be at the exact boiling temperature of water.

Your own stovetop isn't 100 degrees when you put a kettle on it for instance.

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion