AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Bakemonogatari - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 20 14.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 17.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 28 19.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 9.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 17 12.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 5.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.71%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.13%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-16, 23:15   Link #281
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
<sarcasm>
Yea, dont you hate it when people post a reply that is just a complaint instead of content related to the current discussion
</sarcasm>

Alot of post the last couple pages are saying that the boy who made the curse didn't deserve to have it come back to him and replies to those post arguing the motivation of said boy, but that was never mention in the episode at all. We know nothing about the character or his motivation so it is pointless to argue if or if not he was being malicious.
It's the same boy who Sengoku turned down when he tried to ask her out, profess his eternal love for her and etc. A motif was clearly there. Resentment and embarrassment are plenty enough motif.

Quote:
Does anyone know if site that stream anime episodes ever update the shows when the DVDs come out?
What site would that be? Don't answer that question if you've got a free download in mind. Read the forum rules for more.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 23:44   Link #282
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Spoiler for 1:
This makes for smoother plot setup.

Quote:
Actually, when you think about it Araragi doesn't really have any actual prove that it was really the guy who placed the second curse, it could have easily been another person, it was all baseless guessing. (Sengoku also thought that there was only one curse.)
Not really baseless guessing when you think about it.

I think Araragi was being intuitive.

Intuition from experience is quite a valid life tool.

You don't normally need proof to intuit things.

He makes the intuition from experience (Kanbaru) and by reasoning that the only other person, aside from the girl, to have a jealous love spurned spite against Sengoku was the jilted boy.

He was dealing with the result of an unfortunate love triangle and the three people involved. Sengoku, the boy and the other girl. So his feeling on the situation was pretty sensible.

Since the Oshino charm removed the first snake, which Sengoku knows was definetly placed there by the other-girl, then the second snake could only have been placed by the other spurned person in the love triangle.

Given the exact duplicate nature of the curse and his experience from Kanbaru... it is rejected the boy.

Not baseless guessing but experienced intuition.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 23:50   Link #283
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What site would that be? Don't answer that question if you've got a free download in mind. Read the forum rules for more.
That is why I didn't mention a specific site

But I am talking about sites that stream anime. Usually they have the episodes available for stream right after they come out.

What I am asking is does anyone know if these types of websites ever update shows after they are released on DVD.

So in the future after the Bakemonogatari DVDs come out could I goto something like www.This Is An Anime Streaming Website Example.com, watch Bakemonogatari and see the updated episodes?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. Also I know I phrased it horribly, but I am really high and a little confused.
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 00:25   Link #284
totalnet

I don't think any of the sites that does Anime streaming is interest in quality. So why would they update when a better quality version comes out? Well at least the people who watch Anime on stream sites are not interest in quality. Else they would of downloaded the MKV version.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 03:01   Link #285
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
This makes for smoother plot setup.

Not really baseless guessing when you think about it.

I think Araragi was being intuitive.

Intuition from experience is quite a valid life tool.

You don't normally need proof to intuit things.

He makes the intuition from experience (Kanbaru) and by reasoning that the only other person, aside from the girl, to have a jealous love spurned spite against Sengoku was the jilted boy.

He was dealing with the result of an unfortunate love triangle and the three people involved. Sengoku, the boy and the other girl. So his feeling on the situation was pretty sensible.

Since the Oshino charm removed the first snake, which Sengoku knows was definetly placed there by the other-girl, then the second snake could only have been placed by the other spurned person in the love triangle.

Given the exact duplicate nature of the curse and his experience from Kanbaru... it is rejected the boy.

Not baseless guessing but experienced intuition.
Well, how can we be sure the charm removed the first snake and not the second? I mean are we sure that it is a first come first serve kind of thing? Also, how can we be sure that the boy didn't place the curse before the girl did? I mean he could of easily started hating her right there and then after he got rejected and instantly placed the curse on her. Either way, we don't have enough information about those two characters.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 07:14   Link #286
Narona
Emotionless White Face

That episode was so weird. The second part was almost not watchable
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 08:22   Link #287
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

So, has their been any edits to the episode as it aired on other channels? I know that BS-i is going to air it in 3 days, but I figure I might as well ask now while I remember to.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 09:20   Link #288
zato_1one

Quote:
You got most of it even though I assume you didn't read the novel. What actually happened was that when the girl found out that Sengoku rejected the guy she deliberately taunted her say that she placed a curse on her. ( At the same time the guy started to hate Sengoku and also placed the same curse on her.) The reason why they both chose this curse is because supposedly the curse is famous among the student in Sengoku's school. And as I said already in my previous post, Araragi didn't realize that it was the boy who placed the second curse until the last couple of pages. With that being said, you can see that the animation team actually change the plot a little with Araragi finding out during the fight. Actually, when you think about it Araragi doesn't really have any actual prove that it was really the guy who placed the second curse, it could have easily been another person, it was all baseless guessing. (Sengoku also thought that there was only one curse.)
Heh, this school is surly strange. I suppose that I shouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Nadeko want to use love potion on Araragi in the future.

Considering that this episode is unfinished and it doesn't have any epilogue like previous arcs. I will try looking it on the bright side that the animation team was in a rush and tried to conclude this arc within the time-frame. It should be fixed in DVD/Blu-ray.
Old 2009-09-17, 09:29   Link #289
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Well, how can we be sure the charm removed the first snake and not the second? I mean are we sure that it is a first come first serve kind of thing? Also, how can we be sure that the boy didn't place the curse before the girl did? I mean he could of easily started hating her right there and then after he got rejected and instantly placed the curse on her. Either way, we don't have enough information about those two characters.
Good point.

However.

I can recall that Oshino made the cure charm according to Araragi's information.

Since Oshino is always specific given the nature of his "job" its reasonable to conclude that the charm was made to tackle the curse placed by the female.

Oshino received no information related to a curse being placed by a male.

I am going off the performance history of the "magnificent devil" who seems to only care about keeping balance and not totally repairing a problem. To restore the balance you only fix exactly what you know about. He only knows about the girl.

Thanks to Araragi's information bungle, it is reasonable to conclude that the jilted boy is an unlucky and quite dead stiff.
Old 2009-09-17, 10:02   Link #290
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Information bungle? How was he supposed to know the jilted boy had put a curse on her, as well? He was actually quite quick on his wits, there - unfortunately, he couldn't exactly do what he wanted, tho.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 10:36   Link #291
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Information bungle? How was he supposed to know the jilted boy had put a curse on her, as well?
By looking more closely at Nadeko's body and informing Oshino that there were two sets of tracks.

In re-watching episode 9 you will see that there were obviously two distinct snake scale tracks coiled around her body or if it is not clear to you, too many coils and tracks for one snake to wrap around both thighs in such a manner.

Anyway, for clarity sake, each track ought to have a start and an end and should be is contiguous for each snake.

The oddity management business requires a very observant person. Oshino exemplifies this trait.

If Koyomi observed her body more closely, he could observe if these patterns were evident and having done more detailed examinations given Oshino a better report.

However Koyomi was being reticent and lazy in his viewing of her body and didn't notice it before he went to Oshino and got the single charm.

I call that an information bungle.
Old 2009-09-17, 12:19   Link #292
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
If Koyomi observed her body more closely, he could observe if these patterns were evident and having done more detailed examinations given Oshino a better report.

However Koyomi was being reticent and lazy in his viewing of her body and didn't notice it before he went to Oshino and got the single charm.
I see what you're saying but I'm sorry, that made me laugh. "Okay, make sure you look really closely and carefully at Nadeko's naked body. Really examine it there. You don't want to miss something... important."

Old 2009-09-17, 13:06   Link #293
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Is it wrong of me to say I LOL'ed, as well?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 13:11   Link #294
Zetsubo
著述遮断

I know right

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Is it wrong of me to say I LOL'ed, as well?
You think I wrote this with a serious face... I had to drink two shots of vodka before I pressed the save button.

Now...

I retrospect I can see him fearful in properly checking her out.

Like a doctor... umm... my god... I can't write anymore....

On the other hand he has the threat of Hitagi removing one of his eyes just to see how long it will take before he regrows another.

Last effort is he could have asked 神原 to check out 千石 body more closely and report the details.

She will gladly oblige, given her taste for the female form.

Last edited by Zetsubo; 2009-09-17 at 13:23.
Old 2009-09-17, 13:31   Link #295
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
I know right

You think I wrote this with a serious face... I had to drink two shots of vodka before I pressed the save button.

Now...

I retrospect I can see him fearful in properly checking her out.

Like a doctor... umm... my god... I can't write anymore....

On the other hand he has the threat of Hitagi removing one of his eyes just to see how long it will take before he regrows another.

Last effort is he could have asked 神原 to check out 千石 body more closely and report the details.

She will gladly oblige, given her taste for the female form.
Do you really think she didn't already do a thorough examination of her own volition?

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 13:47   Link #296
b0nyb0y

With a normal way of thinking, if there are two "ecchi" snakes wrapping around Sengoku, usually the first one you're able to pull out will be the "outer" one. So it could be that the boy will survive but the girl friend won't. But I digress...

Also, if Sengoku never experienced any discomfort from these devil snakes before she tried to lift the curse, my guess is that she might be overly paranoid about it. Given that such curse is "popular" at her school, she might have believed in its rumors so much that she started acting on it.

We should also take Sengoku's state of mind into account when looking at her actions. Seeing Sengoku's apologetic response when Araragi asked about then pain when being restricted, it seems she's been feeling insecure since her childhood and still not have many friends even now. In fact, with her instant reaction that Araragi was blaming her when asking, it might very well be that she's been mad at (or bullied by) her "friend" quite often as well. So she might not be such a scary thing as some may have thought (i.e., started chopping snakes for no apparent reasons). All along, she's just a girl who is insecure, lonely, introverted, and naive. It's just that when "unlucky" is added into the mix, things started to go very very wrong...
b0nyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 13:56   Link #297
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nyb0y View Post
It's just that when "unlucky" is added into the mix, things started to go very very wrong...
Sounds like she might be Hayate's long lost, previously unknown, sister
Old 2009-09-17, 14:37   Link #298
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Every curse or encounter with an oddity had thus far left a scar on its victim. Tragic or not, whatever happens to the boy after the snake oddity gets to him will simply be the price that Nadeko-chan must pay for being rid of her curse.

Quid pro quo. No one escapes unscathed, not even cute little girls.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 14:40   Link #299
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Every curse or encounter with an oddity had thus far left a scar on its victim. Tragic or not, whatever happens to the boy after the snake oddity gets to him will simply be the price that Nadeko-chan must pay for being rid of her curse.

Quid pro quo. No one escapes unscathed, not even cute little girls.
Given that the women in this title seem to be willing to pay whatever price after getting closer to Koyomi.

I don't think 千石 will mind.
Old 2009-09-17, 15:21   Link #300
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nyb0y View Post
All along, she's just a girl who is insecure, lonely, introverted, and naive. It's just that when "unlucky" is added into the mix, things started to go very very wrong...
I hope that won't turn her into a yandere girl.