AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-11, 23:59   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Spoilers & Speculation for the Disappearance Movie

This is a thread where novel-readers can safely discuss any and all things novel-related as is pertains specifically to the upcoming Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie.

Because this is a "spoiler thread", spoiler tags are not required, though you are encouraged to use your discretion if discussing matters from future novels. If you have not yet read the novels, and do not wish to be spoiled, avoid this thread!

For general purpose information about the movie, or discussion that is not related to the novels, please use the general Disappearance Movie Thread.
Old 2009-11-12, 00:19   Link #2
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Mikuru punches (I thought it would be a slap... or she would probably do it in the anime...) Kyon when he was being an idiot (probably because of the shock)... wonder how he (Mikuru might react as well) would react if Tsuruya-san did that too?
Old 2009-11-12, 10:11   Link #3
Phocus
◕ ◡ ◕

Things to look forward to:

- Blushing Yuki (fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff)
- Psycho Asakura (it's funny how crazy human Asakura does a better job at trying to kill Kyon than TFEI interface Asakura)
- Long-haired Haruhi (there's really no difference between the original, personality-wise)
- "Normal" Koizumi (at least we know he isn't queer in this one)
- Distraught Kyon (well, he's somewhat more distraught than usual)

I'm curious as to how well the movie's ending will be constructed. The ending's hospital scene with Kyon and Yuki is probably one of the most emotional scenes in the entire series, so if they screw that up, then the entire movie loses its overall impact.

...I doubt that they'll mess that up though. Anyways, being 2.5 hours long, I wonder if KyoAni will add any original content.
Old 2009-11-12, 10:26   Link #4
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

Human Yuki.
Mikuru doesn't remember kyon
Ryoko Asakura still wants to kill kyon
Haruhi with long Hair
Old 2009-11-12, 10:48   Link #5
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
I wonder if there's gonna be any blood censoring when Kyon gets stabbed...

禁則事項です
Old 2009-11-12, 10:49   Link #6
FlashFumo
Wait, what?

I do wonder how they'll handle Asakura offing Kyon.
Is it weird that it's the scene I'm most looking forward to seeing animated?
Old 2009-11-12, 10:58   Link #7
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Send a message via AIM to worldruined
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
I wonder if there's gonna be any blood censoring when Kyon gets stabbed...
I doubt it. It's not like we haven't already seen plenty of blood splattering in the Nagato versus Asakura fight. Why would a theater-released movie be different?
Old 2009-11-12, 13:09   Link #8
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
What I'm looking most forward to is if they'll make a really epic scene out of the part where Kyon has to make his key decision.

And his awakening shortly after that, I have a certain expectation of that (then again, most everyone who has read the book probably has).
Old 2009-11-12, 13:16   Link #9
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

There'll probably be his imagination wandering off again (they'll probably animate that part)...

It's Red Pill (Emergency Escape Program) vs Blue Pill (letting the program due date pass)...

Plus we either see a Mikuru Slap or a Mikuru Punch on Kyon's face

Kyon will probably cry a bit... or will cry badly (Kyon: I want everyone back..... ToT)
Old 2009-11-12, 13:36   Link #10
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Plus we either see a Mikuru Slap or a Mikuru Punch on Kyon's face
I'd like to see the Mikuru Punch -- it'd have more of an impact.

*cough*
Old 2009-11-12, 13:51   Link #11
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
I wonder if Mikuru Punch will share some resemblance to Makoto Punch, except really frightened.
Old 2009-11-12, 13:52   Link #12
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Mikuru: Falcon MIKURU PUNCH!
Kyon: GAHHH!!!

what if Tsuruya-san joins too XD

Tsuruya-san: Tsuruya KICK!
Kyon: Ughhhh...
Old 2009-11-12, 16:21   Link #13
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
I think It's weird, I'm not even looking forward to Nagato (I like ehr and all, but I don't really like her disappearance self...It's too...emotional.) I think It's weird..I'm looking forward to Haruhi's first encounter with Kyon (I wanna see her kick him ) and I wanna seenon-gay Koizumi-kun.
Old 2009-11-12, 16:34   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocus View Post
Things to look forward to:

- Blushing Yuki (fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff)
- Psycho Asakura (it's funny how crazy human Asakura does a better job at trying to kill Kyon than TFEI interface Asakura)
- Long-haired Haruhi (there's really no difference between the original, personality-wise)
- "Normal" Koizumi (at least we know he isn't queer in this one)
- Distraught Kyon (well, he's somewhat more distraught than usual)

I'm curious as to how well the movie's ending will be constructed. The ending's hospital scene with Kyon and Yuki is probably one of the most emotional scenes in the entire series, so if they screw that up, then the entire movie loses its overall impact.

...I doubt that they'll mess that up though. Anyways, being 2.5 hours long, I wonder if KyoAni will add any original content.
Based on the key things to look forward too I don't see there being much way to mess this up and not meet people's expectations. As long as they still remember how to draw while doing this then I say it'll be what people are looking for.

Oh and there is the ending to try and fix via the power of cinematics, which is a special thing I hope to see. I don't know about other people (most people seem to adore it) but I disliked the way the ending came across in the actual novel and felt it was largely a needless return to the status quo for most characters the way it was written in text. There's a lot of potential character development and realizations that just get removed or reset out of convenience as well. The novel had the potential to move things forward with regard to the concepts presented by the series and it just felt like Tanigawa deliberately chose not to do that. In short I guess you can say my biggest pet peeve about the Haruhi series is that through each experience it feels that the characters haven't grown, matured or changed at all or not nearly as much as it feels they should have by the time the next story is about to start and Disappearance is a shining example of this problem in it's most obvious form to me. Maybe pressure from Kadokawa to develop the franchise a certain (slow and drawn out) way, maybe not.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-11-12 at 16:45.
Old 2009-11-12, 16:39   Link #15
worldruined
power tends to corrupt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
I wanna seenon-gay Koizumi-kun.
"Non-gay" up until the point he gets into Kyon's pants.

It's canon, people!
Old 2009-11-12, 16:45   Link #16
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
As it pertains to possible anime original material, I have a few ideas...

1) They'll show scenes of Haruhi at that other school; scenes before she meets Kyon again. Maybe even show an altered first meeting with Koizumi.

2) They'll enhance the one fighting esque-scene of the Novel. Perhaps Asakura will actually do a bit more than she did in the Novel.

3) The actual time traveling bits... this is something that I could see being amplified a lot just for the movie. I could see this being animated to look and feel like how intergalactic travel worked in the Stargate movie.

What ideas do my fellow posters have of what anime original material there might be, or of what scenes might be altered in some ways?
Old 2009-11-12, 16:55   Link #17
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
The ending, most likely. They'll make the hospital scene (with Yuki) seem all romantic and the Yuki and Kyon fans will create more Yuki and Kyon shippers and I'll slowly die inside
Also, knowing them, Taniguchi and Kunikida's rolls will be toned down alot. Also, the Yuki and kyon dinner may be diffrent...Not sure how though.
Old 2009-11-12, 17:02   Link #18
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
1) They'll show scenes of Haruhi at that other school; scenes before she meets Kyon again. Maybe even show an altered first meeting with Koizumi.
If so, I would expect a cameo of her and, maybe, even the other two. I would really want to see them.

(speaking on that, only Vol. 4 spoiler is allowed right?)

However, even if there is any original scene, I doubt it would be outside Kyon POV. So that idea is probably not happening. (the cameo could still happen, tough)

Last edited by Heatth; 2009-11-12 at 17:39.
Old 2009-11-12, 17:22   Link #19
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I doubt there will be too many anime original scenes, if any at all. If there is it would probably be some kind of dialogue (maybe a narrative summary by Kyon) describing the characters and haruhi's abilities. Many anime films that have key events that already transpired, in involvment with characters and plot, tend to give some kind of summary at the start of the film.

I can see that possibly happening with this movie as a way to inform newcomers who may be intrigued by the film and go see it.
Old 2009-11-12, 17:25   Link #20
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I doubt there will be too many anime original scenes, if any at all.
At 150 minutes... there almost kind of has to be.

Seriously, there's simply no way to spread out the content of Novel 4 into significantly more than 120 minutes of movie material with out throwing something extra in... unless the movie decompresses the narrative massively (by that, I mean, something like Kyon and Yuki taking ten minutes of screen-time to walk to Yuki's apartment).

There almost has to be something new here, even if it's just jazzing up some scenes a lot.