AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-06, 12:43   Link #401
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
...I still don't know if I buy this draped jacket thing as evidence of sex though. *goes back to look at screencap*
Well, I'm really leaning more towards it and am pretty convinced at this point, but we were rickrolled on the Pine Salad reference, so in the end I won't be too shattered if we were RankaRolled on the sex...

Scene of Alto and Sheryl having sex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1xAyN9kNas
Old 2008-09-06, 12:45   Link #402
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Scene of Alto and Sheryl having sex:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1xAyN9kNas
Errr, what?

Speaking of which, Leon is now the new president of Frontier. So as I said before, he was obviously the next in line.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:51   Link #403
magnuskn

Man, gg is pretty late. Want subs now! <stamps feet>
Old 2008-09-06, 12:51   Link #404
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Had anyone ever thought of the possibility that Alto is incapable of making love with Ranka as well without him getting the disease as well?

Sure Ranka is immune to the V-virus, but that doesn't mean Alto isn't.
Ranka doesn't have the Virus! Sheryl's virus allow her to do the same thing Ranka can because it make her communicate with the Vajra. It has never been said that Ranka has the virus, Grace kept it quiet that Sheryl had the virus when sheryl went to the hospital and changed her blood sample. Ranka was examined in the hospital after she was rescued and they couldn't find ANYTHING in her. If it has been said anywhere that she has the virus, please point me to where.

Also Luca is assuming that because sheryl can do the same that Ranka can, that she will also be able to control the Vajra, but remember that you need two components, communication capability
and Recognition. the Vajra doesn't only react to Ranka's voice but also to how she fells as we saw in episode 20.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:51   Link #405
glyph

Quote:
I still don't know if I buy this draped jacket thing as evidence of sex though. *goes back to look at screencap*
Maybe he just needed to go take a crap or something after he put Sheryl to sleep.

Although, if they did actually do it, I supposed it's a tender mercy for Ranka that Sheryl's growing fold comms ability is working in receiver mode only at the moment.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:54   Link #406
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Man, gg is pretty late. Want subs now! <stamps feet>
I know! ~_~ I'm almost close to tears right now.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:54   Link #407
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Errr, what?

Speaking of which, Leon is now the new president of Frontier. So as I said before, he was obviously the next in line.

- Tak
Actually this resolves for me that Glass was just the president of Frontier not the entire NUN. Heck they had their own senate.

Frankly if I was Wilder I'd send one messenger to the closest colony or fleet (Macross 7?) to spill the beans about Leon's assasination plot and dictatorship.

Then NUNS sends a fleet (Chlore?) with the VFX Ravens in tow to clean Leon's clock.
Old 2008-09-06, 12:57   Link #408
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Ranka doesn't have the Virus! Sheryl's virus allow her to do the same thing Ranka can because it make her communicate with the Vajra. It has never been said that Ranka has the virus, Grace kept it quiet that Sheryl had the virus when sheryl went to the hospital and changed her blood sample. Ranka was examined in the hospital after she was rescued and they couldn't find ANYTHING in her. If it has been said anywhere that she has the virus, please point me to where..
That´d be the scene in episode 14, when Ranka was in the Vajra mothership, began to sing Aimo and her belly glowed. They then showed the crystal-bugs inside her belly.

Spoiler for Rankas bugs. Not fleas, no no no... ^^:

In this episode they showed that Sheryl has the exact same type of thingies in her. Ergo sum, Sheryl has what Ranka has, only that Ranka somehow doesn´t get sick of them.

As for why nobody has found out about her having those bugs, I suppose it´s because they are only concentrated in her belly? And normally blood samples aren´t taken from there. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Maybe he just needed to go take a crap or something after he put Sheryl to sleep.

Although, if they did actually do it, I supposed it's a tender mercy for Ranka that Sheryl's growing fold comms ability is working in receiver mode only at the moment.
I can imagine the reaction... ^^
Old 2008-09-06, 13:00   Link #409
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
In this episode they showed that Sheryl has the exact same type of thingies in her. Ergo sum, Sheryl has what Ranka has, only that Ranka somehow doesn´t get sick if them.

As for why nobody has found out about her having those bugs, I suppose it´s because they are only concentrated in her belly? And normally blood samples aren´t taken from there. ^^
In this episode, Sheryl was able to express a faint wave of fold disturbance as Ranka because of her infection, not because she had powers like Ranka. However, her power is nowhere near Ranka's and its only possible due to her infection, now at its terminal stages. Its quite obvious at this point that she was indeed the specimen injected by the V-virus to allow the projection of fold waves in order to control the Vajra. Although along the way, her life must be sacrificed before or after the deed is done.

Moreover, Luca and Leon were pretty heartless in revealing that fact, although Sheryl's reaction was, so what? Or its really her way of saying up yours.

- Tak (That, was beautiful)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-06, 13:07   Link #410
golthin

Quote:
That´d be the scene in episode 14, when Ranka was in the Vajra mothership, began to sing Aimo and her belly glowed. They then showed the crystal-bugs inside her belly.

Spoiler for Rankas bugs. Not fleas, no no no... ^^:

In this episode they showed that Sheryl has the exact same type of thingies in her. Ergo sum, Sheryl has what Ranka has, only that Ranka somehow doesn´t get sick of them.

Well, in episode 22, sheryl asked Luca if Ranka also has the virus and he said that she doesn't.
So even with the BUGS in her Belly it seems she is not infected by the virus. sheryl's virus is different from Ranka's condition. Watch in episode 22 at 10:10 when sheryl asked If Ranka is also infected with the virus and Luca tells she is not. That Ranka has the bugs inside her is not the same as Sheryl having the virus. I think I have to agree with the theory that some have come about this virus not being transmited from human to human but only from Vajra to human!
Old 2008-09-06, 13:14   Link #411
magnuskn

Quote:
Well, in episode 22, sheryl asked Luca if Ranka also has the virus and he said that she doesn't.
So even with the BUGS in her Belly it seems she is not infected by the virus. sheryl's virus is different from Ranka's condition. Watch in episode 22 at 10:10 when sheryl asked If Ranka is also infected with the virus and Luca tells she is not. That Ranka has the bugs inside her is not the same as Sheryl having the virus. I think I have to agree with the theory that some have come about this virus not being transmited from human to human but only from Vajra to human!
Well, if they would have wanted to show the difference between Sheryls condition and Rankas powers, then they wouldn´t have shown us those bugs, which both have in their bodies.

Now, that Sheryls condition is different, because it is a disease and will kill her ( if there should be no saved-by-Ranka ), that is clear.

Ranka, though, still has the bugs inside her, only concentrated in her stomach. It is not a fatal disease for her, but rather the source of her powers.

It still clearly shows that Ranka has a connection to the V-type infection... the question now is why she isn´t affected like Sheryl. Probably though to her being part Vajra or genetically modified, or whatever. We´ll get our answer quite soon.
Old 2008-09-06, 13:15   Link #412
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
I think I have to agree with the theory that some have come about this virus not being transmited from human to human but only from Vajra to human!
But, in episode 18, Klan states that the virus is "transmitted through blood and other bodily fluids". She said nothing about it being exclusively Vajra-Human, so I would guess that it's both equally.
Old 2008-09-06, 14:16   Link #413
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Brera is her brother. There is no chance for BreraxRanka. Kawamori isn't the type to go for incest. I can't wait for the next episode because it will once and for all kill this whole BreraxRanka nonsense.

I don't think Sheryl and Alto did anything after that scene. Maybe a kiss. That's it. There is no real evidence that they did anything more. The whole jacket thing is not evidence to me. He could have just felt like taking the damn thing off. Until I am presented with hard evidence (such as dialogue mentioning/alluding to it) then I won't believe it.
No, but there is always a way to have Ranka and Brera together as bro and sis in a place called home for both at the end of the day. I wrote somewhere else that Kawamori pulled Allen (Escaflowne) definitely out of the race for Hitomi's feelings with 3 episodes to go and it coincided with the moment he found his long lost sister who had become a ferocious soldier for the enemy. From that point on, all that mattered for him was to bring his sister back home.

If Ranka finds that Brera IS her long lost brother, the most important for her would be not to lose him again. Anyway, Ranka would give Brera a place called home and make up for all the years which were lost... a good conclusion if you ask me.
Old 2008-09-06, 16:49   Link #414
MaiHikari

Since the subs are not out yet, I'll just post Ozma/Alto conversation here. (Disclaimer: use my translation at your own risk since it's based on what I think I hear).

Spoiler for Ozma/Alto:

I actually don't think Alto is on the wrong side. Luca might be misguided in his trust for Leon, and Alto might be blinded by hate. But he'll realize later on how to end this war. And about protecting the woman he loves, Ranka no longer needs his protection because she's got Brera, Ozma, and the whole SMS. So to say he'll defect to protect her is a bit off the mark. The whole Ozma speech is to facilitate a peaceful ending with the Vajra at the end, not directed at the love triangle. Alto, Klan, and Luca stayed back to protect Frontier. Someone's gotta stay for the people of Frontier. Soon, Frontier will head to Vajra land themselves and Alto, Klan, and Luca must determine what's the right path to peace.

The love triangle is a separate matter. Right now, I do not see any romance between Ranka and Alto. While Ranka doesn't want to sing, Alto still asked her to sing for the people. On the other hand, he doesn't want Sheryl to sing because he doesn't want to see her suffer. At the end, he agreed to stay by herside and support her decision to sing. Alto and Sheryl understand each other, support each other, and respect each other for it. Episode 21 shows that the same understanding between him and Ranka does not exist. He doesn't know what she really wanted and she doesn't really understand he couldn't defect to the Vajra when his best friend was just killed by one. Ranka loved a vision of Alto who she thought would always support her, but in the end, neither really understood each other. You can't really love someone you don't understand in the first place.

Last edited by MaiHikari; 2008-09-06 at 18:36.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:21   Link #415
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
You should post that in random curiosity's blog and direct it at ani_D and others. I'd steal it, but it's not my work, so even if i posted up the author, it still wouldn't be right.

I do agree with you 100% though maihikari. cookies for your well thought out post and your translation.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:27   Link #416
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Alto stayed because of his word to Sheryl.

KK stayed because her lover just got killed by the one Ozma heading for.

Luca stayed because he cant forgive Ranka as a traitor(to his eyes at least).

Thats what I thought anyway >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-06, 18:28   Link #417
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Alto stayed because of his word to Sheryl.

KK stayed because her lover just got killed by the one Ozma heading for.

Luca stayed because he cant forgive Ranka as a traitor(to his eyes at least).

Thats what I thought anyway >.<
I had the same thoughts though I'm still not sure about KK.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-09-06, 18:38   Link #418
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Since the subs are not out yet, I'll just post Ozma/Alto conversation here. (Disclaimer: use my translation at your own risk since it's based on what I think I hear).

Spoiler for Ozma/Alto:

I actually don't think Alto is on the wrong side. Luca might be misguided in his trust for Leon, and Alto might be blinded by hate. But he'll realize later on how to end this war. And about protecting the woman he loves, Ranka no longer needs his protection because she's got Brera, Ozma, and the whole SMS. So to say he'll defect to protect her is a bit off the mark. The whole Ozma speech is to facilitate a peaceful ending with the Vajra at the end, not directed at the love triangle. Alto, Klan, and Luca stayed back to protect Frontier. Someone's gotta stay for the people of Frontier. Soon, Frontier will head to Vajra land themselves and Alto, Klan, and Luca must determine what's the right path to peace.

The love triangle is a separate matter. Right now, I do not see any romance between Ranka and Alto. While Ranka doesn't want to sing, Alto still asked her to sing for the people. On the other hand, he doesn't want Sheryl to sing because he doesn't want to see her suffer. At the end, he agreed to stay by herside and support her decision to sing. Alto and Sheryl understand each other, support each other, and respect each other for it. Episode 21 shows that the same understanding between him and Ranka does not exist. He doesn't know what she really wanted and she doesn't really understand he couldn't defect to the Vajra when his best friend was just killed by one. Ranka loved a vision of Alto who she thought would always support her, but in the end, neither really understood each other. You can't really love someone you don't understand in the first place.
Well, you are not putting in the equation the illness! If Alto had not found out about sheryl;s Illness, I doubt he had stayed behind. He still stayed behind knowing what Leon did, from the email he received. If klan had not told him about the disease he will be with the MSM crew. People keep discarding the fact that Alto found about the disease, I wish they had not mentioned it at all and then if he had chosen to stay behind there would be no doubts about his motives for staying behind. it is very insteresting that MaiHikari doesn't mention anything about the illness in the post, because it would make it less valid, selective memory!

By the way, if what happen between Alto and Sheryl would have happened without the illness card, it would be a 100% lock for sheryl.
Old 2008-09-06, 18:40   Link #419
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
still, the promise was real
Old 2008-09-06, 18:44   Link #420
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
still, the promise was real
nobody anywhere have said it was not! alto have a high sesne of honor, i guess from his time in theater and the romantism of what honor is. So after he promised to stay with sheryl he couldn't break that promise, though he broke the promise to protect Ranka. so it is possible for him to place priority on his promises.
Closed Thread