AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-06-12, 02:40   Link #201
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Everyone ended up well, accept for Sochie. Everyone who watched Turn A thought that Sochie got the worse end.

At least Gwen has the adorable Marybell in the end lol, but he probably still loves Laura.

Lily didn't get a man I think, she was a typical ojou-sama at first, but she much better later on, her dresses are really nice
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 03:03   Link #202
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Everyone ended up well, accept for Sochie. Everyone who watched Turn A thought that Sochie got the worse end.

At least Gwen has the adorable Marybell in the end lol, but he probably still loves Laura.

Lily didn't get a man I think, she was a typical ojou-sama at first, but she much better later on, her dresses are really nice
Before finishing the show I accidentally read some spoilers which said that Turn A has a bittersweet ending and I also read "poor Sochie." Well, I didn't like Sochie at all, so I didn't feel sorry for her (even though I expected that she will die).

Guin and Marybell? That Marybell was annoying like hell, as well.

What about Dianna and Loran? This seems like a sexless relationship, doesn't it? I mean, it seems like Loran is still a servant of his Queen.
Old 2009-06-12, 06:42   Link #203
JMvS
Rawrrr!

This was debated, but IIRC Diana is shown wearing a ring. Maybe they already are an old couple
Old 2009-06-12, 07:13   Link #204
Ottocycle

Yeah, Dianna was shown with a ring, but I never once thought that Loran and her were married. The final moments of the episode seem to go out of its way to show that, with them not sleeping in the same bed, Loran still calling her Dianna-sama and things like that.

Who was she married to, then? My hypothesis is that it's a remembrance of Will Game.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 12:59   Link #205
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Yeah, Dianna was shown with a ring, but I never once thought that Loran and her were married. The final moments of the episode seem to go out of its way to show that, with them not sleeping in the same bed, Loran still calling her Dianna-sama and things like that.

Who was she married to, then? My hypothesis is that it's a remembrance of Will Game.
I agree. They are not married, I think, the servant-master relationship still exists between them. I don't know what that ring could be, but I think it's definitely not the symbol of their marriage.
Old 2009-06-13, 09:41   Link #206
brightman
Ancient Member

You guys are missing the fact that Dianna's physical conditions appear to be deteriorating in the ending though (due to the cryogenic process and Dianna's true age). She now requires a cane to stand, for example. IMO Loran is there to aid her in her final days, and allow her to live the life she always wanted.
Old 2009-06-13, 09:44   Link #207
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
You guys are missing the fact that Dianna's physical conditions appear to be deteriorating in the ending though (due to the cryogenic process and Dianna's true age). She now requires a cane to stand, for example. IMO Loran is there to aid her in her final days, and allow her to live the life she always wanted.
Yeah, that's true. However, Loran still fulfills the role of the servants and not that of the lover or husband.
Old 2009-06-13, 09:53   Link #208
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elindir View Post
Yeah, that's true. However, Loran still fulfills the role of the servants and not that of the lover or husband.
I think its entirely applicable to call him a "companion". Perhaps not as close as a lover, but I think to call it a master-servant relationship might be belittling it a bit. Knowing Tomino, the ring should have a meaning, but I doubt its related to Will Game.
Old 2009-06-13, 13:03   Link #209
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
I think its entirely applicable to call him a "companion". Perhaps not as close as a lover, but I think to call it a master-servant relationship might be belittling it a bit. Knowing Tomino, the ring should have a meaning, but I doubt its related to Will Game.
Maybe you're right. Is there any speculation about what the ring could mean? Besides that it is a wedding ring.
Old 2009-06-13, 18:01   Link #210
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
"I've been meaning to ask, why do you call Loran, 'Laura'?"

"He seems like more of a Laura to me."

Yeah no one will ever replace Loran in Guin's heart.

Quote:
Maybe you're right. Is there any speculation about what the ring could mean? Besides that it is a wedding ring.
I see the ring as one of those "it's whatever you want it to be" speculations. For all we know it probably means nothing at all, and it's just a ring she bought at the Sunday market.
Old 2009-06-13, 22:02   Link #211
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I see the ring as one of those "it's whatever you want it to be" speculations. For all we know it probably means nothing at all, and it's just a ring she bought at the Sunday market.
Remind me to watch King Gainer to find out whether Tomino trolls in his recent happy series.
Old 2009-06-14, 02:55   Link #212
elindir
Overreacher

Tsuki no Mayu is one of the best ending themes I have seen.
Old 2009-06-14, 04:18   Link #213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Remind me to watch King Gainer to find out whether Tomino trolls in his recent happy series.
Same here i wouldn't mind checking it out for the same reason.

Should do that over the summer.

Quote:
Tsuki no Mayu is one of the best ending themes I have seen.
I like it, though i'll take moon over it any day.
Old 2009-06-14, 08:05   Link #214
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Same here i wouldn't mind checking it out for the same reason.

Should do that over the summer.

I like it, though i'll take moon over it any day.
Aren't they the same thing but in a different language?

What language is Moon sung in?

The first time they played that song in the first episode I fell in love with the series. Rarely do I see scenes with so much magical emotions in a Gundam series (even in Anime or movies these days!).
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 08:07   Link #215
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

No they're not the same but in different languages. For one it's a different singer, and the backing track is rather different. You'll find out the two are quite difference if you listen to one after another.

& Moon is sung in one of Yoko Kanno's made up languages.
Old 2009-06-14, 09:59   Link #216
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Yoko Kanno actually made those languages up? I've always thought its in Latin lol, and yea I like Moon most.

King Gainer is a must watch for Tomino fans, its awesome and totally wacky.

The OP is the most insane OP ever, the dancing is like no other lol

KIIIINGU~ KIIIIINGU~, KIIINGU GEEEEEEIINNAAAA!! MEETAAARUU OBAAMAAAAN KIIINNGU GEEEEIINNAAAA!!!!

Old 2009-06-14, 11:36   Link #217
Ottocycle

Quote:
King Gainer is a must watch for Tomino fans, its awesome and totally wacky.

The OP is the most insane OP ever, the dancing is like no other lol

KIIIINGU~ KIIIIINGU~, KIIINGU GEEEEEEIINNAAAA!! MEETAAARUU OBAAMAAAAN KIIINNGU GEEEEIINNAAAA!!!!
That's the series' primary draw for me, but for now back to Turn A lol.
Old 2009-06-14, 15:04   Link #218
elindir
Overreacher

I'm also planning to watch King Gainer, I read that it is also a product of "Happy Tomino".

By the way, what do you think about Sochie? Did you like her? To tell the truth, I found her very annoying and didn't find her nice at all. What happened to her at the end didn't touch me at all for this reason.
Old 2009-06-14, 16:01   Link #219
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I like Sochie for a couple of reasons.

Besides her strong and reckless character, which I like to see in mecha females sometimes, I also like her hair and dress. Short hair girls are win for me lol and I've always been interested in frilly styles like the Victorian style and the modern Lolita styles. The Victorian style all over the show was great eye candy for me lol, my favourite was Lily's, Sochie's, then Kiel

Sara the female main character of King Gainer, reminds me of Sochie as well, but she's much easier to love lol

Old 2009-06-14, 19:07   Link #220
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Yoko Kanno actually made those languages up? I've always thought its in Latin lol, and yea I like Moon most.
Its a Gabriela Robin song. Random gibberish is all she sings.

Heck most people believe that Gabriela is Yoko Kanno herself, trying to keep her love for singing random gibberish a secret.

Quote:
I like Sochie for a couple of reasons.

Besides her strong and reckless character, which I like to see in mecha females sometimes, I also like her hair and dress. Short hair girls are win for me lol and I've always been interested in frilly styles like the Victorian style and the modern Lolita styles. The Victorian style all over the show was great eye candy for me lol, my favourite was Lily's, Sochie's, then Kiel

Sara the female main character of King Gainer, reminds me of Sochie as well, but she's much easier to love lol
She's got the most annoying voice ever. Her and Hime Utsumiya from Brain Powerd... And the thing is, Akino Murata did a perfectly fine Penelo in FFXII... So I guess its a Tomino thing.