Notices

Old 2012-07-11, 02:29   Link #461
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Pellissier, I quite agree about Chihaya and I've pointed out that Asami-san is basically playing them as the same character. As written, I don't find Konatsu as appealing as Chihaya so far, but hopefully that will change.
I don't doubt that V.P. is going to get her development (the OP proves it) but I hope they don't go overboard with something heartwarming about how she's actually a misunderstood sweetheart.
Chihayafuru had a different structure at the beginning, so you were more or less bond to grow attached to the main characters. With that said, obviously Chihaya had a charm of her own, even though it's too early to compare Konatsu who's got 2 episodes with Chihaya who's got 25.

I also hope that the vice principal doesn't get more background than necessary, because I don't like 180° turns. She started quite like the villain, and she's already way softer than when the story began. If she'll slowly start supporting the alternative chorus, fine, but possibly not further than that. Altough if the OP is of any importance, I suspect there's more in store for us.

But personally the background I'm waiting more for, is that of Wakana. In episode 2, she was the silent heroine, the others did a lot and tried their best, Konatsu and Sawa in particular. But Wakana was the key to each important event: choosing the song earlier, getting the club approved, being the only representative accepted by the vice principal other than the club president, and she played the piano to support the chorus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Calling Konatsu a split-copy of Chihaya is bit too much, Chihaya would never threaten someone to join her club she's too innocent (that's the right word I think) for that.
As Enzo said, she came pretty close to that. If I had to point out a difference, is that Konatsu is a bit mischievous (so to speak, she used the word "ero(-hon)" twice in two episodes), whereas Chihaya is not. But still they're both pretty firm - euphemism - when it comes to their goals.
Old 2012-07-11, 06:32   Link #462
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
The majority of people seem to think Konatsu is the main character, but for me it was obvious that Wakana is the main character since the start. It's just that the two eps so far (and I'm guessing maybe a few more in the future) are focusing on the other heroines and probably the two males. The main meat of the series drama will most likely be Wakana and her reluctance to sing, which would would most likely involve her mother and the music teacher.

And yeh, like Reckoner said, we're at a point where HSI finished before it derailed at episode 3 . Crossing my fingers that no shenanigans will happen this time round - higher chance it will avoid it this time since "A Certain Magical Index Infamous Writer" is absent
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 06:35   Link #463
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm thinking it's just five main characters with each having the spotlight for two or three episodes. Wakana will probably be the last though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 08:43   Link #464
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

^^
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 10:54   Link #465
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
The majority of people seem to think Konatsu is the main character, but for me it was obvious that Wakana is the main character since the start. It's just that the two eps so far (and I'm guessing maybe a few more in the future) are focusing on the other heroines and probably the two males. The main meat of the series drama will most likely be Wakana and her reluctance to sing, which would would most likely involve her mother and the music teacher.

And yeh, like Reckoner said, we're at a point where HSI finished before it derailed at episode 3 . Crossing my fingers that no shenanigans will happen this time round - higher chance it will avoid it this time since "A Certain Magical Index Infamous Writer" is absent
I'm assuming Konatsu is the MC because of the way the OP and ED portray the characters, not necessarily based on the first arc. Unless we get actual new OP/ED animation with every arc, Konatsu certainly seems to be out front.

Of course if you go by that, you'd have thought there were two guys in the main cast so it's obviously not infallible...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 12:04   Link #466
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Konatsu's mentality may be similar to Chihaya's, but the voice is a bit different. For one thing, she attacks the words a little slower, and there is a sticky sound in some consonants. But what I find most amazing, actually, is that the rather large Seto Asami is playing Konatsu so she sounds physically light, as she is in the animation.

I suspect the producers chose Asa-chan as the seiyuu in part because they liked the way she did Chihaya, and wanted something like that. As Pellissier said.

As for MC, I agree that the OP has Konatsu in front more than anyone else, so she seems the likely best bet, especially based on the story so far. On the other hand, the end-credits put Takagaki Ayahi (Sakai) first, followed by Seto Asami (Konatsu) and then Hayami Saori (Wakana). If it were based on seiyuu prominence, Seto would be after Hayami. If there actually is a main character, it could still end up being any of the three, it seems to me. There are good possibilities for drama in all three, and all three have something to them. I really liked the forcefulness of Wakana in ep2. Is this a character I've seen before: the kind and smart but irresponsibly pushy ojousama?

Liked the insert/ED, too. These girls can really sing. I knew that was true of Ayahime and Hayamin, but Asa-chan can sing, too. Maybe the explanation for the simple animation in both EDs is that we will be getting plenty of them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-11 at 12:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 20:53   Link #467
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm assuming Konatsu is the MC because of the way the OP and ED portray the characters, not necessarily based on the first arc. Unless we get actual new OP/ED animation with every arc, Konatsu certainly seems to be out front.

Of course if you go by that, you'd have thought there were two guys in the main cast so it's obviously not infallible...
Konatsu's presence as of right now overshadows Wakana in terms of appearance, personality, and not to mention the cute/awesome factor!

Plus, she's a totally identifiable character, and it's safe to she's the most popular because she practically made the show for the past couple of episodes. It could change, but for now Konatsu's character (and the transfer student from Austria) totally draws me to the series.
Old 2012-07-11, 21:01   Link #468
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Now waiting for OST, I can tell this is going to score high on the musical score
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 21:11   Link #469
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Agreed, after hearing the OP and ED songs, the music, and the orchestral version of Reflectia in episode 1, I could tell this series music is going to be top if not god tier greatness. With two episodes I can't really say much as of now, but the music is a pure treat for the ears, at least to me. Can't wait to hear what other tunes this show has to offer.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-07-11 at 21:24.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 22:03   Link #470
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Nice second episode but why dose the principal have 17th century hair
Old 2012-07-12, 02:34   Link #471
FateAnomaly

I am not sure who is the main character supposed to be but i think Sawa is the most awesome character in the show. She has horsemanship, archery and great dress sense.

I didn't expected to like this show that much but i will watch it just for her.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 02:37   Link #472
Blaat

I'm surprised that there is a lack of romance in this show so far this must be a first for P.A. Works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Nice second episode but why dose the principal have 17th century hair
I'm guessing he's a fan of Mozart, a Moztaku.
Old 2012-07-12, 02:37   Link #473
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I am not sure who is the main character supposed to be but i think Sawa is the most awesome character in the show. She has horsemanship, archery and great dress sense.

I didn't expected to like this show that much but i will watch it just for her.
To be honest, she's giving me a bit of a Mary Sue vibe, agreeing what winhlp32 said about 5 pages back. She's too perfect imo. Good looking, smart, classy, strong leadership skills, and packs some nice buns in the chest area . Is there anything flawed about her?
Old 2012-07-12, 02:51   Link #474
FateAnomaly

Now that you mention it, it does seems like she is a Mary sue but i don't auto hate Mary sues so its ok with me.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 02:58   Link #475
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I'm surprised that there is a lack of romance in this show so far this must be a first for P.A. Works.
I would be a bit surprised if *some* relationship drama doesn't come into play into all of this. Sawa and Sakai have both gotten a bit of relationship teasing from the pregnant teacher, and Wien is writing someone letters (and I don't think we know how this person is yet).
Old 2012-07-12, 03:22   Link #476
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I hope Wien ends up with Konatsu.

Konatsu: Ween?

Wien: Wien.

Konatsu: Weeeeeen?

*30 minutes later*

Wakana: *Minkoface*

Last edited by Haak; 2012-07-12 at 04:53. Reason: Grammar Nazi
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 04:00   Link #477
Pocari_Sweat

Spoiler for Lol:

Fixed for more effect (and a typo /grammar police)
Old 2012-07-12, 06:54   Link #478
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

There were these two lovely chibi sequences in the two eye-catches seen so far, I expect more of the same in the next episodes. I turned the first two in usable avatars:

Freebies of course.
Old 2012-07-12, 07:11   Link #479
Nitial

Is this like a 'first to claim' or 'everyone can use it' kind of picture?
Nitial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 07:12   Link #480
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
There were these two lovely chibi sequences in the two eye-catches seen so far, I expect more of the same in the next episodes. I turned the first two in usable avatars:

Freebies of course.
Wakana's cat needs a diet imo. It's so friggin fat

EDIT: Really nice avatars though . Too bad I'm already using one

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-07-12 at 07:42.

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works