AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 22:10   Link #1941
AJDyzaster

To me the ending was flawless whether Lelouch is really dead or not. This ending was my guess that was sitting off to the side. Like it COULD happen...but it won't. I don't think I will find a better anime ever. Great story, great characters, great fights, great chicks, perfect ending.
AJDyzaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:10   Link #1942
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
I understand what they intended with the ending and all, and it was entertaining I admit. But does anyone else feel a little betrayed by this series? I think back to the first 5-10 episodes of the first season that got me hooked, and made me so excited for this series, how I felt then; and compare it to now; well pretty much this whole season, and I feel like a good story and a ton of good characters were just wasted.

If only they could have just ended it with Season 1 somehow. Now I know that this series has no replay value for me. Watching any of it again would just be depressing. Code Geass this season for me went from being a spectacular Anime; one of the best I've ever experienced to a whatever Anime in just a few short months. It's sad. But oh well. In any case, I'm glad it existed.
All that needs to be said is that after Rolo died, the entire staff lost their guts. They stopped trying to make art, and kept trying to please everyone. The ending point blankly sucked, if I wanted to watch something childish, I would watch Children's television.

It went from being in my top ten favorite mecha series to not even being in my top 20. The only other comparable series is Big O, which went from an excellent noir with Mecha to an incomprehensible mecha series with tomatoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
One thing that got me. Why the hell hasn't Li Xing-ke died? What the hell is the point of giving him the fatal flaw of a timed death if he doesn't die? Without it he is pretty much Mary Sueish material.

How the hell is he a Mary sue? He didn't do anything, Tamaki has more plot relevance than Xingke.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:10   Link #1943
-Kh-
ポルカ

A Escaflowne type of movie would be awesome, but it might be too much content for a 2 hour movie.

Somehow a conclusory movie among the lines of The End of Evangelion would make more sense, but this is Sunrise and Code Geass we are talking about, so you never know what 2009 will bring for Geass.

And as a Geass fun, I'm all up for it.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:11   Link #1944
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushi View Post
Come to think of it.... I think Lelouch was the parallel of Euphemia's death this season... The whole Zero chanting when he died... and the mourning sister, oh the irony!
I thought Cornelia's death was suppose to mirror Euphies death in 23 but you know she didn't die...because Sunrise can't kill off the GuilfordxCornelia machine!
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:11   Link #1945
AJDyzaster

Quote:
I can understand the gripes about immortality alone. No one wants to live alone for such an extended amount of time.
Extended?...lol, it's forever dude!
Old 2008-09-28, 22:11   Link #1946
White-Snow-Empress

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
and risk destroying the world again and breaking Lelouch's plan? Besides, she wanted to end the accumulation of experience. She did if he is with her alive or in hell.

eternity of sex. I think she would live for that. XD
TOTALLY. They make such a hot couple... Even more if you consider the amount of experience CC had...
White-Snow-Empress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:12   Link #1947
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
All that needs to be said is that after Rolo died, the entire staff lost their guts. They stopped trying to make art, and kept trying to please everyone. The ending point blankly sucked, if I wanted to watch something childish, I would watch Children's television.

It went from being in my top ten favorite mecha series to not even being in my top 20.

How the hell is he a Mary sue? He didn't do anything, Tamaki has more plot relevance than Xingke.
Charred, your blood pressure, easy now
Old 2008-09-28, 22:13   Link #1948
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Anime movies made from anime TV series usually are mediocre at best anyway.
I dunno. The Bebop movie transcended the mediocrity of the TV series, and Gurren-Lagann's movie is said to be just as good if not better than the show as well, sans Kamina's involvement.

I wouldn't care for a Geass movie, though...just a tad bit of closure to the TV series.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:14   Link #1949
AJDyzaster

So having Lelouch have himself get run through with a sword after making the entire world HATE him is childish...I'm sry you're a moron.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:14   Link #1950
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:

It went from being in my top ten favorite mecha series to not even being in my top 20.

Alright Mary Sue is harsh and not correctly used here. I just am annoyed a character with a fatal flaw wasn't made use of. I mean what the hell was the point of saying "he didn't have much time" when they don't expand on it. Sure he didn't have plot relevance for a while but he poped back into the screen long enough for him to get offed and he didn't.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:20   Link #1951
ZeroCLoudXX

Lelouch is still alive. I'm not sure if these gifs were posted yet.

ZeroCLoudXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:20   Link #1952
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

The thing is how can they even make a movie for something like Code Geass.

I can understand pulling a Gundam Seed movie out of their ass (with its development now cursed with an indefinite hiatus for the failure it may produce) but Code Geass? its done. Finished.

A few OVAs or something can tie the remaining loose ends but a movie is too much. I don't want to see a Gundam Seed plot pulled out of their ass where somehow Schneizel breaks the geass, goes into Char mode, reveals Zero is really Suzaku and the world goes into war again and Lelouch comes back with imortality and is forced to give a poor sap a geass to become a Jesus Yamato 2.0
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:21   Link #1953
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Charred, your blood pressure, easy now
My blood pressure is fine, watching Taniguchi chicken out just pisses me off. I can't tell what was more childish Avatar the Last Airbender or Code Geass, thinking about its definatly Code Geass, while Avatar also had no one die, they at least managed to tackle its theme with some maturity.

Its made clear that theirs no magical answer, only by working together can Zuko, Aang, and everyone else make peace. Code Geass on the other hand cares more about giving everyone a happy ending so they place Ohgi, as Prime minister. You might as well have Tamaki as the Prime Minister.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:21   Link #1954
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCLoudXX View Post

They're fake, sad to say, but don't give up hope!!

Quote:
My blood pressure is fine, watching Taniguchi chicken out just pisses me off. I can't tell what was more childish Avatar the Last Airbender or Code Geass, thinking about its definatly Code Geass, while Avatar also had no one die, they at least managed to tackle its theme with some maturity.

Its made clear that theirs no magical answer, only by working together can Zuko, Aang, and everyone else make peace. Code Geass on the other hand cares more about giving everyone a happy ending so they place Ohgi, as Prime minister. You might as well have Tamaki as the Prime Minister.
Charred, your hyperventilating now, calm down. Take a few days off now that the series is over or something, this really isn't called for I feel, just plain insults amounts to ranting now
Old 2008-09-28, 22:21   Link #1955
panda4789

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harimo Haria View Post
I can't believe there are people nitpicking about such small things.

Tell you what,

C.C. = Christina Cole.

See how insignificant that was? Would you have felt that much better if you heard Lelouch say to C.C. : Sayonara Christina Cole.
actually since code geass has been getting stuff from history and greek myths and irish lore where geass partly comes from.

C.C would more likey stand for Cú Chulainn. as she is allusion of Cú Chulainn. but since in the lore Cú Chulainn was a guy and he died, not the case here since C.C. is immortal. but christina cole is a good name.
panda4789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:22   Link #1956
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
that kind of plot... I would actually laugh the whole way through that

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:22   Link #1957
Charred Knight

Quote:
Alright Mary Sue is harsh and not correctly used here. I just am annoyed a character with a fatal flaw wasn't made use of. I mean what the hell was the point of saying "he didn't have much time" when they don't expand on it. Sure he didn't have plot relevance for a while but he poped back into the screen long enough for him to get offed and he didn't.
Coughing blood is a symptom for Tuberculosis, he could very well of found out that they have medication for that.
Old 2008-09-28, 22:23   Link #1958
El_Lazy_Mexican
Thank you for smoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCLoudXX View Post

i know they are fake but why did they slap the face of Kira Yamato on him (he looks like it actually)
El_Lazy_Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:23   Link #1959
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Here's my view on movies-

if the movie continues the series, then the movie is usually awesome... if the movie is a retelling of the series, then it completely sucks ass (I've only encountered one exception to this)
I heard the Gurren Lagann movie was pretty good though...

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 22:24   Link #1960
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I heard the Gurren Lagann movie was pretty good though...
I can't draw a conclusion with that till the second comes out...
Spoiler for Spoiler for TTGL ending:

then my rule stands

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote