AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 23:59   Link #21761
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi

Naturally with hybrid tech born warfare equipment (nuclear powered fighter for example ).
Old 2012-02-12, 00:00   Link #21762
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Demino: The basics of IS related warfare in HotM follows as such:

Regular, well equipped armies, armed with tanks, aircraft, APCs and all that, duke it out, while IS face each other within the mix as both regular weapons and IS attempt to assist each other.

Battles primarily go with both armies or armed parties try to ascertain dominance over the other, and once one side has good footing, they assist their IS with what they can do. With extra help behind them, their pilots will easily win their battle. But since battle is a game of tug-of-war (bad pun time!), IS battles are more varied with different results, as both parties on the ground send lead and energy flying.

The key to winning, is to getting the most help to your IS. Once your IS wins, your IS can help your troops finish off the rest of the enemy.

This probably wasn't the answer you were looking for.

Also, there's a question above for you.

@ Zero: The most volatile fanbase in existance.

(Waves flag with Nanoha x Fate on it*)

Brothers, to arms! Let us fight for our One True Pairing!

(Fictional Army cheers "NanoFate! NanoFate!" in the background.)
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:01   Link #21763
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I never really viewed war as an all out brawl, unless we're talking about outright genocide.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:03   Link #21764
Eratas123

What's up? Just woke up
Old 2012-02-12, 00:05   Link #21765
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Demino: Of course war isn't about all out brawls, but I'm talking about major operations that involve such things.

@ Eratas: Oneshot planning drafts were on earlier pages, so if you'd like to read them, go ahead.

Also, random question for you.

If you could say anything, absolutely ANYTHING, that you want with honesty and a straight face, what would you say? Zero's and my responses were on the last page.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:08   Link #21766
agetreme
Just another Idiot

There is no need to...

There is not going to be a war in my story..... well, not a open war but more of a hidden war.

Edit: My answer: I am actually a demonic space alien machine emperor god from another dimension. I existed solely to mock your pathetic existence as a flesh and blood beings whose purpose in life seems to be torturing each other by pretending to be happy while you are actually sad and depressed.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:08   Link #21767
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I.S. is part of military ensemble, not separate.

Think it like this: You have a small skirmish with neighboring country separated by border, the first thing you deploy would be air surveillance and land based tactical force.

Several skirmish happens, and then it turned into all out war. All force is deployed according to the tide, tactic, and logistic.

I.S. always been deployed last, when shit hits the fan.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:11   Link #21768
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Zero: That makes perfect sense. But then again, we're talking about a shounen universe that has mecha-like powersuits.

Most rules of conventional warfare (in shounen universes with mech-type weapons) are thrown out the window and blasted into oblivion in the crossfire of lasers that immediately ensues.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:14   Link #21769
Eratas123

@ Rain - "Hey, my name is *bleep*. I've been stuck with divorced parents, teased and mocked that I had to move schools five times, friends who're probably not the best considering their habits and about 2 of them have genetic diseases, and a parent who never stops getting in my case despite the fact that I'm getting better. So, if you want to complain about how life sucks, please look at other people first."

@ Senpai - Why is Chifuyu such a hyper badass in just about every fic?
Old 2012-02-12, 00:14   Link #21770
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Of course, if enemy is immediately deploying I.S., the response is expected.

All conventional unit went siege and some will retreat, and I.S. is deployed as sparhead of counteroffensive while the rest is acting as support and backup.

I.S. never been invincible after all.

@ Eras

Nice comment

Also, because she is? She's immune to God Mode Sue effect.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:16   Link #21771
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Rain - "Hey, my name is *bleep*. I've been stuck with divorced parents, teased and mocked that I had to move schools five times, friends who're probably not the best considering their habits and about 2 of them have genetic diseases, and a parent who never stops getting in my case despite the fact that I'm getting better. So, if you want to complain about how life sucks, please look at other people first."

@ Senpai - Why is Chifuyu such a hyper badass in just about every fic?
Because she is badass in the original.

SHE BLOCKED AN IS WITH A FREAKING IS SWORD.... the most awesome thing that a human had ever done in the series.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:17   Link #21772
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Wow.

(Lowers voice to a whisper*)

The grimdark is strong in this one.

@ Zero: Has anyone devised an extremely OP, Mary Sue class, Invincible IS?

I'm planning to introduce it, then have the world go WTF when they find out that it only has enough power for one deployment, before it breaks down and is permanently unusable.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:18   Link #21773
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I think Agetreme did, you may ask him.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:22   Link #21774
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I would think that IS are used like tactical weapons. Not tactical nukes but seriously tactical weapons as in if you need a break through operation or seige then you'd want the IS taking point for the army. If it was something like a surprise attack or flanking operation you'd either want the IS as the decoy or you'd probably want it to be at the back to perform the surprise attack. Problem I can only see here is that no conventional weaponry seems to be able to keep up with the IS. It's always that the IS will be leagues in front of the regular army or that the IS has to downplay its maximum performance to execute an operation. Say for example a blitz that should only last 2 minutes if we're only taking IS into account has to be extended to 7 because the regular army can't possibly keep up.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:23   Link #21775
Eratas123

@ Rain - What's so dark about it? My life's not as bad compared to thousands of other people in this country alone. Angsting about it just makes me look like a drama queen.

Side note - Dunno why, but I like OC's who are the normals instead of the abmormals in a series. Hence why I made Irish like that.

@ Senpai - That's kinda unfair:/
Old 2012-02-12, 00:24   Link #21776
demino_hellsin
That one guy

quite abnormal by my standards
Old 2012-02-12, 00:25   Link #21777
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Just something I felt like saying. After all, you write some of the darkest concepts in the IS fanfic section. Well, you've got competition with Detective's Eldritch Abomination themes and all that he made.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:26   Link #21778
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Demi, remember, unless a country is a despicable ass, they won't dare to deploy I.S. first. it's replacing Tactical Nuke in the role, deployed when things go awry in the front.

If I.S. is used in Strategic role, then Coalition Forces will have a problem with you
Old 2012-02-12, 00:28   Link #21779
Eratas123

@ Rain - Not really. Irish's and Kazuma's backstory are comparable to Laura's (Especially Kazuma's.). Neither angst about it either, since they find no reason to.

@ Senpai - Could the IS really take over the world like some of the cast say?
Old 2012-02-12, 00:31   Link #21780
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

One word

BULLSHIT

Unless someone has more than 2/3 of all I.S., and has enough military power to back it up to prevent your from being zergrushed. Of course you need to annihilate/capture the rest or it'll be a problem.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest