AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-16, 11:30   Link #681
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I was kinda surprised they simply let the girls' horrifying issues left at that and I don't feel it was the greatest of finales but it was a decent one. I'm going to miss this show.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 11:52   Link #682
Blaat

Okayish final I wish they had spend more time on the wild rose society girls before actually showing their true faces. That moment itself was hilarious I was laughing out loud especially the blonde girl who reminded me of Yumi from Marimite and Mariko from Oniisama e...
But as Haak said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I was kinda surprised they simply let the girls' horrifying issues left at that and I don't feel it was the greatest of finales but it was a decent one. I'm going to miss this show.
I'm really surprised they just let it hanging there.
I wonder if this like what happened in the light novel or they simply had to cut it out due to time constraint.

As for the orthodox story telling, I honestly think they changed the order because the current first three episodes give a much better first impression than the chronological first three episodes (which are the last three episodes).

So any LN readers willing to share how much have been adapted and how much material is left to be adapted?
Old 2012-09-16, 12:31   Link #683
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
The last 2 episodes weren't in the beginning chronologically.
They are from the 5th volume, so that's flashback.

tl;dr
10 (vol 1) -> 7-8 (vol 2) -> 5-6 (vol 3) -> 1-2 (vol 4) -> 9 (vol 4) -> 11-12 (vol 5) -> 3-4 (vol 6)

Last edited by Iby; 2012-09-16 at 12:45.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 12:54   Link #684
Blaat

Thanks! That order is a lot different than I expected.

I guess that also means besides the bonus episode there's no material left for another season.
Old 2012-09-16, 13:09   Link #685
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Well, there are 7 volumes at the moment and I really don't know if the stories fill in the whole volumes (look at the episodes 1-2 and 9), so I guess we'll see...
Аnyhow there will be Aura movie and also there's manga version of novels ongoing and I heard that some group is going to translate it.
Old 2012-09-16, 13:25   Link #686
melina_putri

The 2nd half of Vol. 1 doesn't get animated. Don't know if there are more in later volumes since I've only read Vol.1..
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:34   Link #687
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

I've downloaded the raws of the novels and can say for sure that all volumes consist of 2 stories - though the second story from the 3rd volume was very short (like 10-15 times shorter than normal)...
On the other hand I've also downloaded the raws of the 1st volume of manga edition and it has "Fairies' Earth" story in 3 chapters and then goes straight to the "Fairies' Time Management" story (only the 1st chapter) skipping another story from the 1st volume of the novels...

Last edited by Iby; 2012-09-16 at 13:54.
Old 2012-09-16, 17:00   Link #688
Forsaken_Infinity

I am gonna die of boredom from next week onward. FML.
Old 2012-09-16, 18:59   Link #689
Dop
Mmmm....

Yeah, that was very much a low key ending but I shall miss this show, one of those beautiful and strange shows unlike any other, I reckon.
While I'm not exactly holding my breath, I would love to see more stories set in this world with Watashi's delightful mindset.

Was interesting to see Y was still a fujoshi even when a schoolgirl!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 20:20   Link #690
00Coyote

And, Humanity has ended...

Not with a bang, explosions or headless chickens, but showcasing how
imperfect, secretive, bizarre, frightening, destructive and strange we all can be.

How I am going to miss this show.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 20:26   Link #691
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I've rarely seen a show play off such brutally critical satire with relentless whimsy the way this one did. God damn, I'm going to miss this.

Some of the pacing demanded a level of patience that may have cost Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita a good number of viewers, but sticking it out was totally worth it.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 20:38   Link #692
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 20:38   Link #693
Qilin
Romanticist

It amuses me how this arc has such a distinct personality in comparison to the other arc we've had so far. I'd peg this down to the shift in focus from social satire to character development.

Still, it always is quite a shock to see the true selves that other people keep locked up. I'm quite fine with the show not elaborating on these character quirks any further though. That was the entire point, I believe. Every single person we know probably has some secrets they'd rather no expose to others. Even knowing this, why should we treat them any differently? Should that be a reason to shun them?

Like Y shows, looking at other people through rose-colored glasses can be a huge mistake, but one shouldn't let such a small detail dominate one's whole life. It's a fact that everyone must accept and reconcile with. This is further seen when Watashi and Y proceed to reconcile with the Wild Rose Society, in addition to that last scene with Watashi and Curly.

All that said, this show was a great ride. It won't stand up to works like Kino's Journey (which I'm watching right now), but it has it's own unique charm in dishing out it's arsenal of satire and parody. And of course, there's always some food for thought to be taken home at the end of each and every episode. As such, I'd give this an 8 out of 10.
Old 2012-09-16, 21:07   Link #694
Sol Falling

So the old friend ended up being Y after all. I guess that makes sense considering the original novels' continuity, if this arc (vol. 5) was the first to introduce her and then vol. 6 followed up with the manga arc. I must admit I'm disappointed however if this ep. was to say that was truly the last time she ever saw Curly-chan. People say that the "point" of this episode was to reveal the ugly undersides of people lurking beneath the surface, but if ugliness were all there were to it what was the point of reconciling with the Wild Rose society, or the two years they spent together afterwards?

All in all, I didn't particularly feel like this second episode really brought together all the lines/story elements it was trying to deal with in a conclusive manner, so it was a bit of a disappointment. What exactly was the Fairy's secret tea party? Why were there a ton of old robots sitting around in a hidden part of the school building?

As for the show as a whole, it has definitely been interesting to follow along, and worth watching, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece or anything. In particular, a number of its arcs managed to be massively entertaining (eps 1-2, 7-8, and also 9), but even at the end I can't quite say I've got a solid grasp of the real point (or theme) of this series. A bit more rigour or consistency would've been appreciated. Why fujoshi/the doujinshi subculture? Why personifications of Pioneer and Voyager returning home? Why a beautified, secretly psychotic elegant school society? If only to solidify my understanding of the bigger picture, I would really love to (be able to) read the original novels, or get to see further unanimated arcs.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:09   Link #695
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Gonna miss this show, was a fun ride from the very start.

Btw did the fairy eyes close for the first time near the end?

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:39   Link #696
Random Wanderer

Who told this series it could end?! It must keep going! MORE!
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:12   Link #697
Belgaesh

So it ended, such a pity seeing as this was a anime that got me by surprise by how good it was, my only hope is a next season.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:25   Link #698
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I must admit I'm disappointed however if this ep. was to say that was truly the last time she ever saw Curly-chan. People say that the "point" of this episode was to reveal the ugly undersides of people lurking beneath the surface, but if ugliness were all there were to it what was the point of reconciling with the Wild Rose society, or the two years they spent together afterwards?
The point was to get through school with a minimum of fuss. And to realise that the others (whether you like them or not) are in the same boat. Our protagoinist will probably never want to be friends with little Curly-chan, but that doesn't mean she can't be kind to her (and in the end, even gentle).

Quote:
All in all, I didn't particularly feel like this second episode really brought together all the lines/story elements it was trying to deal with in a conclusive manner, so it was a bit of a disappointment.
I agree it didn't do that, and I wonder if I missed something. But not all the issues actually need a resolution, I'd say. For example:

Quote:
What exactly was the Fairy's secret tea party?
I'd like to know that, too. That's one of the things I either missed, didn't get, or that simply wasn't brought across sufficiently. Considering it's the title of the arc it's pretty important. I could take this better (on a metaphorical level, say) if they hadn't tied this to Y's character (and her reason to be with the Wild Rose Society in the first place).

It's possible that this remains to be addressed even in the source material; I don't know.

Quote:
Why were there a ton of old robots sitting around in a hidden part of the school building?
I thought that was simply because nobody uses them. The one you saw was probably activated by chance. Or by faeries. (If there's a difference.)

Notice how they always have shots of those bones, but nobody ever reacts to this? I think it's simply a setting characterisation, that people live in left-over buildings and don't even bother to clean up. (Contrast this with gestures such as the "human monument project".)

Humanity has declined that much.

It's been my favourite show of the season. Tickles my absurd SF bone. I haven't seen or read something like this in a long time, since the importers around here (Austria) stopped importing the SF mags.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 23:19   Link #699
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I think it was a good ending. It went out with a smile on it's face and my face hurts from all horrifying revelations of all the girls in the Wild Rose Club.
Old 2012-09-16, 23:20   Link #700
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Girls are scary."

- Tanaka Taichi, Tari Tari
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen