AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 17 29.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.51%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.26%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-15, 23:50   Link #41
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Ramal died because of him....lulz.
Ramal was a jobber character. Nobody cares about jobber characters. Heck, probably most fans were hoping for his death because he no longer had a role in the anime and now he can meet up with Isara in heaven or some place nice.
Old 2009-08-15, 23:50   Link #42
Snowman24

I knew Ramal was going to die more and more as the story went on. Mostly because he didn't show any real purpose, other then a possible boyfriend like character for Isara *shame they didn't kiss, hold hands or something just once*

But, now , Ramal can join Isara in the afterlife so I'm not sad or upset that he died anymore. Ramal+Isara are now together forever.

And watched it again and I think Faldio just shot Alicia because he looked like he was afraid of her. Knowing she was a Valkyria and it was a Valkyria who decimated his entire squad.

Lol, still....haha Cezary Regard, you got yours.
Old 2009-08-16, 00:30   Link #43
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, I can't say the people (the "gamers", mostly, I believe) that are lighting some fires by laughing and enjoying the death of characters aren't the cause of the whole thing. Then again, just the usual for them.
No one is making light of character deaths per se. (Ok, maybe some are...) It's when they're viewed in light of past events that people begin criticizing them. The joking around—from old fans and newcomers alike—is symptomatic of the problems and missteps of the show itself.

With regard to Isara's death, people were generally serious about the whole thing, often commenting about the emotional hole that she would possibly leave in certain characters in the wake of her death.

On the other hand, Ramal—love him or hate him—is just wasted character potential, and that's indeed unfortunate. In others words, he's a character that this new adaptation fails to capitalize on. I truly wonder if he actually contributes something significant and irreplaceable to the story at all.

As for the spoiler of this episode, where...

Spoiler:

So you see, it isn't just people joking around. Part of it may be your typical, "This anime sucks, but I'm still watching it so I can rant" bullcrap (which I'm sure all of us are guilty of once in a while), but the truth is the show isn't perfect and has been going in directions that people are criticizing it for.
Old 2009-08-16, 00:53   Link #44
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

Ramal and Isara get to have hot angel sex now ^^
Old 2009-08-16, 01:05   Link #45
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
When Alicia burned her hands, it sure wasn't fatal.

Watching the RAW and I didn't understand enough jp to get that part. So Fabio was trying to kill her because he's afraid of Valkyries now?
In that case I suggest you wait till the next episode then you'll understand. If I say anymore I'd be breaking the rules.
Old 2009-08-16, 04:38   Link #46
Chrono Helix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
As for the spoiler of this episode, where...

Spoiler:
I agree with this.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-16, 06:20   Link #47
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

So that's the path they took to make Faldio shoot Alicia. That's the sort of lame story development you get when you change character interactions (Alicia and Faldio) yet keep parts of the story that do depend on the relations of those characters (Faldio shooting Alicia). And some were wondering why the game players called making Faldio a love interest crappy story telling?

Farewell Ramal, you won't be missed. Another wasted opportunity there. He pretty much stayed a pointless character throughout the story.
I might have respected the character more if they hadn't made him a tsundere shota. At least make him worthy of being sergeant or don't make him an NCO at all!

While Faldio breaks down this episode, he still gets to be "super Faldio" for a while there by taking out the Batomys, something that once again was originally to Welkin's credit.
(note for non-game players. Faldio fatally shooting Alicia does make sense. However you'll learn later why. Take this opportunity to speculate)

That being said I did enjoy this episode too and I'm looking forward to how the last episodes turn out. There are still blatant issues that need resolved, and we'll probably get an answer to "wtf Cordelia has white hair?!?" next week.

Edit: there is one thing the anime did perfectly this episode: the "Valkyria's Awakening" sound track when Selveria appears in Valkyria mode. I'm glad they kept that.

Now excuse me while I go mourn Wendy.
Old 2009-08-16, 06:32   Link #48
Johnny
Working the bags...

The Faldio excuse that will get him free and clear...

"I was smoking weed out of grief and listening to my records backwards."

Anyone fill me in on how Welkin was this episode? Was he the same after his man cry, or did he revert back to, "ah that side character fellow"...?
Old 2009-08-16, 07:26   Link #49
Kikuchi

Wow.

I usually don't come here so i didn't knew too much about the popularity of this adaptation, I'm kinda surprised to see see is flames and rage all around.
"Epic fail" ? "Wish the writers would get fired" ? WTH ? Am I trapped in some Code Geass thread or something ?

Anyway, I'm having a blast with this series and I absolutely loved this episode.
I never quite understood the Selveria hype before, but this episode sure corrected that matter.
I totally didn't saw the outcome, thinking rather that Faldio would get it or something, and was thus kinda "pleased" (Brr).

(I may as well precise that I do not own a PS3 and thus didn't played the original game. But it's not like I ****ing care, since the series on its own is totally worth it for ignorant little me)
Old 2009-08-16, 07:58   Link #50
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
The Faldio excuse that will get him free and clear...

"I was smoking weed out of grief and listening to my records backwards."

Anyone fill me in on how Welkin was this episode? Was he the same after his man cry, or did he revert back to, "ah that side character fellow"...?

This episode was most of the time focussed on Squad 1. Squad 7 hat logistic and medical works in this episode. This complete episode is about Faldio and made him change.
Old 2009-08-16, 08:07   Link #51
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
In that case I suggest you wait till the next episode then you'll understand. If I say anymore I'd be breaking the rules.
You can PM the answer in the video game on why it had to be a fatal wound (which is probably a tad of a spoiler already). I don't mind knowing that part. =)

edit: Thanks to Jag for the explanation.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-08-16 at 09:34.
Old 2009-08-16, 09:22   Link #52
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Finished this Ep with subs.
Spoiler for my thoughts:

Looking forward to the next episode. The real thing must come then.
Old 2009-08-16, 09:29   Link #53
justavisitor

Amazing episode!!! 10/10 the series is turning out to be one of the better series I have watched in recent years

Spoiler for spoiler for the episode:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-08-16, 09:39   Link #54
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
So you shoot a person you care the most because you think enemies are too strong and she heals her wounds fast?

Wow. I am happy I am not your comrade mate. God help me if I were to recover fast from an injury... and you wold be around with a gun loaded...

He as nothing but suspicions, and they are not good enough to shoot a person he cares the most and was drooling over for the whole series... He does not have ruins to study to make sure, or are you saying that you can know everything what was in ruins from your local library?

This is a shit weak reasons for Faldio to shoot Alicia.
Old 2009-08-16, 09:52   Link #55
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
So you shoot a person you care the most because you think enemies are too strong and she heals her wounds fast?

Wow. I am happy I am not your comrade mate. God help me if I were to recover fast from an injury... and you wold be around with a gun loaded...

He as nothing but suspicions, and they are not good enough to shoot a person he cares the most and was drooling over for the whole series... He does not have ruins to study to make sure, or are you saying that you can know everything what was in ruins from your local library?

This is a shit weak reasons for Faldio to shoot Alicia.
Are you talking to me? If so then you must haven't read my whole post for my whole thought behind.

Anyway, that's why I said he's taking on a gamble upon Alicia. We don't know how much he knew about Valkyria, that's one problem which can be explained differently; however what we and he knew is that Alicia DOES heal her wounds fast------and from my thoughts "rage" and "wounds" will trigger Valkyria power. If he really wants to trigger it, what will be a better method by a heart shot? (Though I admitted she may die in the progress)

Also, he didn't fire without hesistation: until then we can say the scriptwriter is rubbish.
Old 2009-08-16, 10:07   Link #56
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
And? It still looks just as weak as before.

He cared for Alicia more than for his whole freaking squad, how much do we see him with them and wow much he is wiggling his nose around Alicia' ass?

Fast healing proves nothing specially without ruins.

He could still take the gamble if it was a person he has little connection to, like it was in the game, but in here this gamble is too ridiculous.

Thus the reason for shooting her is just as strong, as that babelfish letter was fluent in english.
Old 2009-08-16, 10:12   Link #57
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
You can PM the answer in the video game on why it had to be a fatal wound (which is probably a tad of a spoiler already). I don't mind knowing that part. =)

edit: Thanks to Jag for the explanation.
No problem.

Trust me, it's developed a LOT more in the game and makes a whole lot more sense. And it still takes you by surprise when it happens, so despite development, it doesn't ruin the moment.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-16, 10:58   Link #58
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And? It still looks just as weak as before.

He cared for Alicia more than for his whole freaking squad, how much do we see him with them and wow much he is wiggling his nose around Alicia' ass?

Fast healing proves nothing specially without ruins.

He could still take the gamble if it was a person he has little connection to, like it was in the game, but in here this gamble is too ridiculous.

Thus the reason for shooting her is just as strong, as that babelfish letter was fluent in english.
You don't seem to understand three things.
1. Those aren't shown on screen doesn't mean they don't exist. I can't see cockroaches in my house, so are they not there?
2. One can't possibly stay unharmed when those who're close to him (or emotionally/physically-linked to) passed away. From your words I guess you won't even feel sad when those teacher you like dies. If so, then it's just too bad.
3. If one actually likes a boy/girl, they'll usually try to stay close to him/her as much as possible. They spend less time with their friends, but it doesn't mean they don't care about their own friends.

The only reason Faldio tests it on Alicia is, obviously, she's the one whose behivaour is closest to a Valkyria. I guess you haven't experience "even chances are low but worth a chance" situations then......Though it's still dangerous I must say.

[Sarcsm]
Just like some others in the thread, I think some people here are just pretty "blinded" by how the anime illustrates stuff since they played the game before. "Crap" here, "shit" there......Can't you all think ways otherwise in the anime route? It's not the same thing as that damn game.
Just like Gundam 00 S2's "Everyone say it crap" ending------I wrote a 2-season evaluation about it afterwards, and complained that "those who said the ending was crap are just because they missed out points throughout the series" while they can't link them up in any other ways other than straight lines.
Yes, the game is a good one without a doubt, but please don't put your "obvious logic from the game" into the anime so that "the anime should go this way or it's crap". It's just making people sick.
[/sarcsm]
Old 2009-08-16, 11:26   Link #59
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Shit just happened...

1) I didn't expect all of Falido's entire squad to disintegrate like that.

2) I didn't expect him to bust a cap in Alicia either.

But understandable with the shock he just been through, the poor guy. Why are people giving him a hard time again? I find his character more likeable than the lump of rock over there called Welkin. But lol attempt from Alicia to cheer up Falidio, she couldn't have used less effort even if she wanted to

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-08-16, 11:40   Link #60
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Shit just happened...

1) I didn't expect all of Falido's entire squad to disintegrate like that.

2) I didn't expect him to bust a cap in Alicia either.

But understandable with the shock he just been through, the poor guy. Why are people giving him a hard time again? I find his character more likeable than the lump of rock over there called Welkin. But lol attempt from Alicia to cheer up Falidio, she couldn't have used less effort even if she wanted to
Well the anime is following the game exactly as it is now so I'm a little confused why people who did play the game are freaking over Fadio.
Closed Thread