AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-04, 05:04   Link #1
Budweineken
Crap

Chrno Crusade 21 Possible [Anime Spoilers Discussion]

I just watched it... it's nice to see a bit of the past and learn why Chrno is who he is... it might also give us some insight on Rosette...

I'm too tired to search for an answer now... but I wasnt paying to much attention to detail and at the moment dont know what exactly pandemonium and pandemonium's head is and what it is all about... so if someone can help me out i'll appreciate it...

Last edited by Budweineken; 2004-05-04 at 10:16.
Old 2004-05-04, 12:49   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

LOL @ Dufoe's death...
Old 2004-05-04, 22:59   Link #3
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Damn, so Rosette changes into a Saint then goes evil and kills Dufoe and his companions. I never seen this coming.

Mary, So she gave all of her life to Chrno to save his life and in return she lost hers. Why didn't she end up like Rosette. I mean, where both still live. I don't get it. I might have to watch this ep again.
Old 2004-05-04, 23:13   Link #4
Akuma

Mary / Magdalena

First of all, I thought that Chrno's first love was called "Magdalena". Why on earth did it get translated to Mary?
Did anyone else notice that Magdalena's voice is actually Rosettes's voice?

So are there 24 episodes or 26 in total?
I've read lots of conflicting responses on other pages.
Old 2004-05-04, 23:13   Link #5
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Mary, So she gave all of her life to Chrno to save his life and in return she lost hers. Why didn't she end up like Rosette. I mean, where both still live. I don't get it. I might have to watch this ep again.
Probably because Chrno was dying when Mary chose to have the contract with him, so she actually gave him *life*... While Rosette returns him to his bigger form and gives him *power*... So less life energy is sacrificed... Something like that.

And her full name was Mary Magdalene... Which is the same name as the biblical saint's. The anime will be 24 episodes, according to the official GONZO site. They made a typo and put 26 eps before but they've fixed it.

Anyway, the manga is due to end around the same time as the anime (last chapter will be out in the June issue of Dragon Age)... Which is interesting... Let's see how they both end.
Old 2004-05-04, 23:33   Link #6
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Probably because Chrno was dying when Mary chose to have the contract with him, so she actually gave him *life*... While Rosette returns him to his bigger form and gives him *power*... So less life energy is sacrificed... Something like that.
Ok, thanks. I figured that but I wasn't totally sure. Damn just heard that the next ep will be delayed 2 weeks.
Old 2004-05-05, 16:46   Link #7
suires
たこ焼き名人

btw, rosette and mary have exactly opposite personality. that's so weird. even their cv is the saem they sound like a different person.
Old 2004-05-05, 17:46   Link #8
Secret Squirrel

http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bio/206.html

^worth reading if you're unsure about the history of Mary Magdalane (I'm not Xtian but I had a catholic education) - it mentions the "sinners", the "7 demons cast out of Mary Magdalene" and some of the contradictory stories about the sinner/saint
Old 2004-05-05, 19:00   Link #9
MidNteJ

wow i really like this episode

cuz it shows Chrno past n stuff which explains a lot of things

also the unexpected Rosette... cant wait for the next eppy.. buts its next 2 weeks T_T
Old 2004-05-05, 19:01   Link #10
MidNteJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
LOL @ Dufoe's death...
when i first saw that comment i just laughed LOL...
Old 2004-05-05, 19:56   Link #11
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Yeah ep 21 was good. ^^ Mary was pretty. As for Rosette... I sort of like her dress.

Oh word of warning MidNteJ, I don't care about you double posting here, but don't double post in the Naruto forum you would get kill by the rule abiding ppl there. =P
Old 2004-05-08, 08:14   Link #12
_Riku_

episode 21 [spoilers]

ep 21 was one of the coolest cc episodes ever
but Deufoe died waaaaaaaaaay toooo easy

edit: didnt see the other topic, sorry plz delete
Old 2004-05-08, 08:19   Link #13
_Riku_

That was a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too lame dufoe
I mean, he's supposed to be one of the greatest demon!!! and he got killedi n less than 2 sec =/
Old 2004-05-09, 15:48   Link #14
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Chrno's past with Magdalena (which was the only part in the episode that's derived from the manga) is better done in the manga than in the anime, Gonzo tried to cram one whole manga volume of Chrno's past in one single episode, leaving a lot of detail off, and affected the pacing of that particular arc.
Old 2004-05-09, 17:39   Link #15
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Chrno's past with Magdalena (which was the only part in the episode that's derived from the manga) is better done in the manga than in the anime.
Doesn't that apply to everything in this show?
Old 2004-05-11, 00:13   Link #16
OshadowO

Man I can't decide if I liked this episode or not. For a change Chrno actually became the focus of an episode of CHRNO crusade and his backstory really helped clear a lot of questions.
But the fight in the end was sooo lame. Talk about bad pacing. I think they goofed in this respect.
Series started too slow and now they're trying to finish things and need to hurry up. I hope the last 3 eps give CC a good sendoff cos its a pretty damned cool anime.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:45   Link #17
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
That was a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too lame dufoe
I mean, he's supposed to be one of the greatest demon!!! and he got killedi n less than 2 sec =/
That just shows how powerful the evil saint can be ie Rossette. She has the power of all the saints combine within her now. I didnt think it was funny when Dufoe got killed off so quickly.
Old 2004-05-11, 04:03   Link #18
fluffy

I like the flashback in the manga better... They change Aion & co.'s personalities afterall -.-;

BUT, but but but....... the scene before Chrno and Magdalene made a contract IS really good with the BGM!!! XDDD I replayed that part over and over again XDD It's too bad Magdalene just died right after making the contract.... Magdalene's death's much more dramatic in the manga ;__________;
Old 2004-05-12, 11:53   Link #19
WannaberGS

everything happened way to quickly so fast i was soo dissappointed when deufuse died like in 0.1 sec didn't even get a chance to hit back or whatever he could do
Old 2004-05-13, 16:55   Link #20
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidNteJ
wow i really like this episode

cuz it shows Chrno past n stuff which explains a lot of things

also the unexpected Rosette... cant wait for the next eppy.. buts its next 2 weeks T_T
You people are lucky! I watched the episode RAW and I had to wait 3 weeks
Closed Thread