AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-27, 08:14   Link #26701
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
so happy to grab RG Justice today ^^
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 09:46   Link #26702
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Question.

What are the Pros and Cons of the Real Grade line?

Do you think that we will eventually see 00 series and Age series getting Real Grade kits?

From Seed, I know we have the Strike, Freedom, and now Justice. What happened to Strike Freedom, Aegis, and Infinite Justice? What about Impulse (and packs) and Destiny?
Old 2012-07-27, 10:20   Link #26703
maknaedik

Honestly, I want the RG line for the outdated HG kits. I don't want to see 00 or Age kits in the near future. Their HGs are already superb. I want to see UC and X kits more.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 10:37   Link #26704
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

How about RG Psycho Gundam? Or better yet, RG Psycho Gundam Mk.II!

Just like many other, I'm also waiting for RG ZZ. The MG is lacking, the HG is better, so I think the RG will be the ultmate version untill MG ZZ ver. 2.0 appears.
Old 2012-07-27, 10:48   Link #26705
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Honestly, I want the RG line for the outdated HG kits. I don't want to see 00 or Age kits in the near future. Their HGs are already superb. I want to see UC and X kits more.
The thing is, Age and 00 are super popular compared to UC series. That's just how most people are. The people that are hardcore into the Gundam franchise like the UC stuff more.

So I mean..

If you think about it, business is about profits, and profits are where the mainstream consumer is...which at this point is Age, 00 (to a degree), Unicorn, Wing, and Seed/Seed Destiny.

So anyway, I am still a bit intrigued as to why people praise the Real Grade line so much. I never saw 1 in real life.
Old 2012-07-27, 10:49   Link #26706
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
How about RG Psycho Gundam? Or better yet, RG Psycho Gundam Mk.II!

Just like many other, I'm also waiting for RG ZZ. The MG is lacking, the HG is better, so I think the RG will be the ultmate version untill MG ZZ ver. 2.0 appears.
MG ZZ 2.0? Seriously? That thing is going to cost Bandai a butt load of money compared to bringing out a MG Exia R2 and MG 00 Qan[T] ELS since it's big and will require a lot of parts.

I say that maybe after the Age line of MG all comes out, then we might see more UC stuff.
Old 2012-07-27, 11:41   Link #26707
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
MG ZZ 2.0? Seriously? That thing is going to cost Bandai a butt load of money compared to bringing out a MG Exia R2 and MG 00 Qan[T] ELS since it's big and will require a lot of parts.

I say that maybe after the Age line of MG all comes out, then we might see more UC stuff.
stop pulling stuff out of your ass all the time.

a MG ZZ 2.0 might happen, it's a bigger chance than a MG R2 and 00Q[T] ELS

UC and its kits are still is the biggest cashcow in the Gundam franchise and odds are it'll stay that way for a decade or so.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 11:54   Link #26708
FalsePrime

Quote:

Given sales data of both the Model line, the DVD/Blu Ray sales line and the ratings of the show the Mainstream is most ceratinly not with AGE and thus far they have barely even let AGE release in a month without another MG to support it.

If they want to bring out a ZZ 2.0 it won't be affected by what they are doing with the AGE line.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 13:10   Link #26709
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
a MG ZZ 2.0 might happen, it's a bigger chance than a MG R2 and 00Q[T] ELS

UC and its kits are still is the biggest cashcow in the Gundam franchise and odds are it'll stay that way for a decade or so.
True that!

Yes Nike, Age is more profitable timewise. And no, not 00 again. Its time is not hot anymore. But RG? Nope, I think they already have enough money from RD, HG and MGs from Age. Let the RG line role for other timelines which are STILL PROFITABLE REGARDLESS.

Imagine, from SD, HG, RG, MG, Megasize, PG, RD and all the lines, you'll only be seeing Age and 00? How diverse can that be? Of course, Bandai must get a wider audience. A better market than kids who do nothing but whine. What I can't believe is that they know how to work and actually earns money.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 16:04   Link #26710
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
The thing is, Age and 00 are super popular compared to UC series. That's just how most people are. The people that are hardcore into the Gundam franchise like the UC stuff more.
This is simply not the case. SEED and UC are currently Bandai's biggest cashcows.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 18:41   Link #26711
gordol
Banned

Hi, could anyone help me with a project that consists on making a collection of old manuals scans for mechanical info? It's very simple: just provide a good quality scan of the manual of the following Gunpla:

Old manuals:

Z/144: Hizack, Gundam MK II, Rick Dias, Z Gundam, GM II, Hyaku Shiki, Gaplant, Methuss, Palace Athene.
Z/100: Hizack, Gundam MK II, , Galbady B.
Z/220: Messala, Asshimar, Rick Dias, Z Gundam, Hyaku Shiki, Gundam MK II, Qubeley, Marasai.
ZZ/144: R-Jarja, Hamma Hamma, Gazown, Bawoo, Regelgu, Eye Zack, Zaku III, Dreissen.
ZZ/100, HG144: ZZ Gundam.
CCA/144: Nu Gundam, Nu Gundam Fin Funnel, Sazabi, REGZ, Jadg Doga Gyunei.
CCA/100: Nu Gundam.
0080/144: Zgok E, GM Command Colony, Zaku Kai, Hygogg, Alex, Rick Dom II, GM Command Space.
F91/100: Berga Giros, Guntank R44, Gundam F91, G-Cannon, Heavygun,
F91/60: Gundam F91
0083/144: Gundam 01, 01 FV, 02, 03, Gerbera Tetra
SF91/144: HardyGun, Neo Gundam, Silhouette Gundam/Kai, Vigna Zirah, G Cannon Magna
V Gundam: Everything else besides 1/100 V2 Assault and Buster
EW 100/144: Everything
X: Everything
G-Unit: Everything

HGUC: H01 Gun Cannon
H02 Gyan
H03 Zaku III Custom
H04 Qubeley
H05 Hyaku-Shiki
H06 Z'gok
H07 Gun Tank
H08 Gogg
H09 Gouf
H10 Rick Dias
H11 Qubeley Mk.II
H12 Hi-Zack
H13 Gundam GP01
H14 Zaku III
H15 Bawoo
H16 Gelgoog Marine
H17 Dom Tropen
H18 Gundam GP01FB
H19 Z'gok (Char's)
H20 GM
H21 Gundam RX-78
H22 Zeong
H23 S Gundam
H24 Xekueins
H25 Gundam GP03
H26 Gelgoog Marine (Cima's)
H27 Dom Tropen (Sandbrown)
H28 Dendrobium
H29 Ex-S Gundam
H30 Gundam Mk.II (Titans)
H31 Bawoo
H32 Zaku II (Char's)
H33 Rick Dias (Char's)
H34 Zaku II (Garma's)
H35 Super Gundam
H36 The-O
H37 Hy-Gogg
H38 GM (Cold type)
H39 Z'gok E
H40 Zaku II
H41 Z Gundam
H42 Gaplant
H43 Rick Dom II
H44 Gun Cannon (mass)
H45 Gelgoog J
H46 GM command (Colony)
H47 Gundam NT-1
H48 Hyaku-Shiki
+ Mega Bazooka Launcher
H49 Psycho Gundam
H50 G-Armor
H51 GM command (Space)
H52 Marasai
H53 Mk-II + Flying Armor
H54 Asshimar
H55 Hi-Zack (E.F.S.F.)
H56 Hazel Custom
H57 Advanced Hazel
H58 Gabthley

**I'm only interested in the pages that contain mechanical info like this one http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...868876564.jpg/

Please post your scans here or PM me, webfinds are also welcome(legible quality). Help us complete our collection!
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 19:01   Link #26712
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Which is why no use explaining, have put Nike in my ignore list. He just don't seem to get that UC & seed dominate the market .
Old 2012-07-27, 20:31   Link #26713
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Which is why no use explaining, have put Nike in my ignore list. He just don't seem to get that UC & seed dominate the market .
While I do find it completely dumb founding anyone could try and say that UC was nothing short of the holy grail in Japan and the Gunpla community I could see how someone would think at least in Gunpla that SeeD had settled down to a more normal level after OO and last year.

However trying to argue it after the SEED HD and more so to claim that AGE is even in the same universe when it comes to appeal or selling power as SEED let alone UC is lunacy.
Old 2012-07-27, 21:59   Link #26714
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Let us do a detail market analysis fo MG since Nike is engrossed on it.

MG launch kits are usually end of the mth , the trend is usually

1- UC
2- Current series
3- other series
4- repeat

Current series protagonist 1st suit usually launched somewhere mid of the series or after the end of the series (less AGE which already broke the trend)

Let us look at the SEED series that have already MGfied

Aile Strike
Strike Rouge
Freedom
Strike Noir
Strike Freedom
Destiny
Infinite Justice
Strike IWSP
Strike E +IWSP
Launcher/Sword Strike
Force Impulse
Sword Impulse
Blue Frame Second Kai
Red Frame Second Kai

& recently of the remaster
Duel Assualt Shroud
Blitz
Buster
soon to come Aegis

special/ limited
Strike Freedom full burst
destiny extreme blast
Strike Freedom clear
Destiny clear
Phase Shift down Aile Strike
Aile Strike with bazooka

let's take other series launch say... 00 for MG
Exia
00 Qant
00 Raiser
00 7 swords/g

limited/special
Exia ignited mode
Exia Trans am
00 Raiser Trans am

Even for Wing series
normal release

Wing zero custom
Deathsycthe Hell ew
Wing ver ka
Deathsycthe EW
sandrock EW
Shenlong EW
Heavy Arms EW
Wing EW (recolour)

MG limited/special
Wing zero custom pearl (2 ver)

While MG mainly focus on UC suits , non UC suit does not have that range compare to SEED as they include the msv also. SEED also have their own HG1/144 line for MSV which most of you know , so is 00 series but the range is more than 00 itself in terms of HG 1/144

now let's shift to RG. RG is the new MG in 1/144 scale with even more detailing. Let's see the
launch so far

RX-78-2
Char Zaku II
Aile Strike
Zaku II mass production
Sky grasper
Freedom
RX-178 AEUG
RX-178 Titan
Justice
(Zeta)

you can clearly see that that the trend every 2 mth release is either

- UC
- SEED (other series)
- alternating

partly is due to the remaster series for the BR, youtube reboradcast. Even for limited release they went for seed

Strike Rouge
phase shift down Strike
Strike without Aile
Phase Shift down Freedom
Phase Shift down Justice

While other UC series are getting the BR release hence the launch of the kits also if you follow the trend (with exception of Unicorn which they heavily milk the UC fan)
Old 2012-07-27, 22:41   Link #26715
FalsePrime

Not that I disagree, as I mentioned I do agree for the most part. However you left out Wing TV on the MG list.

Wing depending on how and what exactly they plan to release as far as the EW MG line could close the gap and be right near SEED or Destiny as individual series. Though when you factor them both in and Specail versions even Wing gets stomped.

Doesn't even take into account RG/PG/HG's which SEED has far, far more then Wing or most series combined that aren't UC.

Again, I still just find it crazy how someone can really keep acting like any major fanbase has been built for AGE when all we have seen is shows us this is clearly not the case.
Old 2012-07-27, 22:58   Link #26716
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

While i do agree with you that way before the revise 1/144 scale, Wing dominate in the scale for their grade which they even come out the 1/60 Wing Zero TV ver for the non UC as Wing has been heavily marketed in West & Asian countries way before other series.

As most people (including me) starting gundam on Wing (though SEED really brought me back into collecting gunpla)

the list for MG SEED also left out the metal finishes for Freedom & Strike Freedom & 00 normal Mg is GN-X
Old 2012-07-27, 23:08   Link #26717
bio9205
Reborn

You left out GN-X for 00 MGs.

Are they breaking the MG trend you mentioned? Buster and Aegis are being released in successive months.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 23:10   Link #26718
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
You left out GN-X for 00 MGs.

Are they breaking the MG trend you mentioned? Buster and Aegis are being released in successive months.
My guess would be allowing fans to complete the set before end of the year. Initially thought that Aegis would be launching in dec as a "present" as what they did for PG Strike Freedom

As for RG Haykushiki, I won't rule out as that would make its 1st chrome RG kit & complete the Gyphios war team & the gold would make similar to what they did to the hguc Delta

Forget to mention that now even go to extend of Web shop limited hg1/144 meteor unit alone premium for the RG freedom and Justice.

Last edited by duotiga; 2012-07-27 at 23:21.
Old 2012-07-27, 23:21   Link #26719
bio9205
Reborn

Well, a chrome gold RG Hyaku Shiki would be incredibly expensive.

Hoping the RG UC line expands into Unicorn in the future. With the new RG Zeta "revolutionary" frame, there's a possibility for Delta Plus!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 23:23   Link #26720
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I believe Bandai is planning something bigger in scale for the last months of the year with the advanced MG releases.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy