AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 24 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 47 50.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 19.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-18, 12:20   Link #61
Keios
Q(°.°Q)

Um... This doesn't really have anything to do with ep 11 and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but...

Does anyone know why Mion is always carrying a gun when she's walking with Rena and Keiichi in the evening?

pic

Just wondering...
Old 2006-06-18, 12:21   Link #62
dreaming
dreaming

Send a message via MSN to dreaming
maybe she just want to get keiichi's attention..or something else..
Old 2006-06-18, 12:31   Link #63
Amaranthine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keios
Um... This doesn't really have anything to do with ep 11 and I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before, but...

Does anyone know why Mion is always carrying a gun when she's walking with Rena and Keiichi in the evening?

pic

Just wondering...
It has been answered before, but I don't remember where. It's also been shown in the anime. Anyway, you remember at the end of Watanagashi-hen, when Mion(or Shion :/) had a stungun? That's your answer. It's not actually a real gun.

Edit: Here's a picture of it. I just remembered that it had been posted, by Sushi-Y.

You should have posted in the Q&A thread as well, but never mind. Now you know if you have any more questions.
Old 2006-06-18, 17:25   Link #64
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keios

pic

Just wondering...
i thought it was already mentioned in the show that she's the heir of a major leading yakuza household..is that alone not enough reason to carry a gun? though it makes more sense for it to be concealed rather than holstered right out in the open
Old 2006-06-18, 18:19   Link #65
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
XD Cut Keiichi some slack,he's just a young deranged boy and you're all expecting him to commit the perfect crime.I think it's already good that he hought of burying the body and getting rid of the scooter and bat.For a while I thought he would leave the battered body on the road and hope people would blame the "drug addict" again.

Poor Keiichi,it seems like everyone knows everything he does,no matter how well he tries to hide it.Killing the uncle,entering the shrine,having instant noodles for dinner.The guy has no privacy!
But...but he asked his mom for advice in comitting the perfect murder! I guess I was expecting too much, maybe should have asked his mom to commit the murder for him

I'm also interested however in the roles of all the other characters in this chapter now that the climax has been reached.
Old 2006-06-19, 00:00   Link #66
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogueblade
wow, that was a great episode! I was a little confused at why they slipped in that montage of Keiichi's past though, what was it meant to show? It seemed fairly random to me.
Here's what the flashback was about in the game: It showed how Keiichi lost interest in his life.

When Keiichi's parents and teachers first discovered that he was highly intelligent, they praised him all the time for his academic achievements.

Until this point, Keiichi was bad or average at just about everything he did, and he spent his days not knowing what's "fun" and what's "boring". In other words, his life was bland.

Realizing that he's found something that he's good at, Keiichi felt a sense of superiority and, for the first time, joy. He was also glad that he was able to make his parents happy, so he tried even harder at school and devoted himself to studying. However, as time passed, Keiichi's accomplishments became a "normal thing". His parents and teachers no longer praise him anymore for his good grades. And his intelligence isolated him from other kids his age. The joy and happiness that came with studying was gone, and all the studying and tutoring became "pathetic" and "boring". In other words, Keiichi's life became bland, again.

(This eventually lead to a certain significant event that caused the Maebara family to move to Hinamizawa. It should be explained in Tsumihoroboshi-hen (hopefully))

That's why, when Keiichi arrived in Hinamizawa and became friends with Rena and the others, he felt like he was saved. When Keiichi first arrived in Hinamizawa, it was nothing but an inconvenient, boring, back-water village to him. However, after meeting Rena and the others, he learned that it's possible to live with fun and surprises everyday, how joy and happiness can come from doing the silliest things with friends, and how smiles can really reflect people's hearts... Basically, Keiichi's daily lives with Rena and the others was, to him, the best days of his life.

That's what the flashback was supposed to be about. This is just from my memory, but that's probably more or less it. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Spoiler for Teppei's scene:
If you think about it carefully, you can probably find some holes in Keiichi's logics, but when I played through the game, it seemed to me that he had it planned out quite thoroughly:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
I'm also interested however in the roles of all the other characters in this chapter now that the climax has been reached.
Who said that was the climax?

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-06-19 at 00:18.
Old 2006-06-19, 00:46   Link #67
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
If you think that was the climax for this chapter, oh just wait till the end of this chapter to be blown away on whatever you thought you knew about this story.
Old 2006-06-19, 04:48   Link #68
keke

I'm very interested in Irie's involvement in this chapter. Because for all we know, he was involved in Onikakushi-hen. I don't know his motives for either of the chapters, really, but I feel he's a highly suspicious character, and not just because his name was given in Onikakushi. My spotty theory is this:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-19, 06:37   Link #69
Freakman

Kj : 時々あれは都合いいな展開と思うこともあるんだけど。。。
Old 2006-06-19, 08:36   Link #70
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Who said that was the climax?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
If you think that was the climax for this chapter, oh just wait till the end of this chapter to be blown away on whatever you thought you knew about this story.
Eeeeexcelent, I'll be looking forward to the end of the chapter then
Old 2006-06-19, 10:02   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I found Miyo to be just a lil' bit scary in Watanagashi-hen, but boy oh boy.. knowing about the murder in Tatarigoroshi-hen.. she's one of a strange character.

I have to say the whole episode was nicely done.. kept the feeling from the game, loved the music.
Old 2006-06-19, 11:40   Link #72
rocket
Senior and Demented

Great intense episode.

Kei'schi's now 'snapped' once per chapter.
1. Delusions of persecution driving him to murder/suicide.
2. Delusions of ghosts driving him to suicide.
Spoiler:

And what else is common in all three scenarios? Besides Tanako beiong the creepiest woman alive I mean... (^_-)
Spoiler:

Quote:
This guy is incapable of providing a good alibi or lie for himself. This type pf person should never commit a murder imo.
(O.o) Normally I'd say *nobody* should ever commit a murder! ^_^;;

Quote:
Spoiler for Satako:
Actually after this chapter I was thinking a very similliar thing. Besides the good points made above, there's these little tidbits to consider about Satako:
Spoiler:

Probally I'm way off base here given how popular (mysteriously) Satoko seems to be, but then again, I still can't reconcile who I think of as Mion with the crazed murderess of the last chapter.

Possesed by something - be it demons, cicadas, or a good old fashioned bonk to the head - all of our favorite characters have been turderd into murdering monsters and we're no closer to understanding why... (>_<)
Old 2006-06-19, 12:09   Link #73
LostBlue
祭囃子

にぱ~☆
First post!

Just finish reading Tatarigoroshi in the Sound Novel... and yea... you've seen nothing yet. This EP is just the tip of the iceberg. I have no idea how they're going to sum up the rest of the story in two EPs. I sincerely hope they do not cut out the"interview"... Reading that at 2AM wasn't good for my mind. メチャこわぁ~

I haven't gotten to the Kai arcs yet so I'm still in the dark to what really is happening in the story and probably still am missing the subtle clues, but I think the anime has done a superb job in covering lots of ground in a small amount of time. I do agree they should have gone through K1's monologue rather than a silent flashback. It would fit the suspense/horror mood better, b/c K1 isn't exactly sane especially when comparing his thoughts prepping for the murder, and post murder.

His whole thing with the "perfect" murder is that he wanted to create a situation where there was no beginning. If there is no beginning the there is no investigation.

The example of a perfect murder (from his mother) was a son who went to visit his father who lived deep within a forest. They get into a quarell and the son brutally guts the father with an axe. Looks far from a perfect murder as there is no "trick" but the situation was ideal. No one will question the disappearance of the father. Same with Teppei. No one will question his sudden disappearance as he already has a history of running off. People know that he is afraid of the curse. So if he ran off on the night of the festival no one will question this or at least K1 thinks. Oishi and the rest of the police force will definitely see this as suspicious. So will Takano (regardless whether K1 met up with her or not) and most likely Mion as well. But with Takano, if K1 didn't meet with Takano has no reason to deal with her (and most likely she will not report it anyways). Mion on the other hand might cover for K1 (just imo from gut feeling of her character). Oishi and the rest of the police force might have a suspicion of murder but have no reason to question K1 especially when the possibility is more likely Teppei ran away.

Going off topic here... (the below really doesn't have to do much with the story just my thoughts of the characters' personalities and some random thoughts of the crime commited. Using Spoiler tags to be safe with forum rules although I don't think the info here adds much )
Spoiler:

Last edited by LostBlue; 2006-06-19 at 12:19.
Old 2006-06-20, 13:32   Link #74
Implosion
Sushi Terrorist

Alright...I fully realize this is a stupid comment but what's with the rain? It started raining around the same time as the festival, so it couldn't have happened while Kei-chan slept in the other arcs. I thought all arcs were supposed to be the same apart from the events?

o_0 Kei-chan broke the ecosystem!
Old 2006-06-20, 17:41   Link #75
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implosion
Alright...I fully realize this is a stupid comment but what's with the rain? It started raining around the same time as the festival, so it couldn't have happened while Kei-chan slept in the other arcs. I thought all arcs were supposed to be the same apart from the events?

o_0 Kei-chan broke the ecosystem!
That's a clue in itself. Unfortunately these subtle differences will not be explained in the anime as we don't get to go to Minagoroshi-hen.
Old 2006-06-20, 17:47   Link #76
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Spoiler for just in case:
But then who would protect the loli form npal

Finally caught up with the series last night. Keiichi is finally showing some backbone even if it is pyschotic version. Intresting how Keiichi went form victim in the first arc to murder in this one.

Edit: Personally if i commit a murder it would be with poison and wipe the evidence with a good fire. Sure the police will investigate but they are limited to kind of clue that is availble.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-06-20 at 17:59.
Old 2006-06-20, 19:39   Link #77
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
That's a clue in itself. Unfortunately these subtle differences will not be explained in the anime as we don't get to go to Minagoroshi-hen.
Then Rena was right after all, omg then there really is an oyashiro sama
*fears*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
But then who would protect the loli form npal
Well at least npal senpai is nice enough so they don't have to be afraid of abuse from the green tentacle loli monster from AAA
Old 2006-06-20, 22:40   Link #78
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
Well at least npal senpai is nice enough so they don't have to be afraid of abuse from the green tentacle loli monster from AAA
*Sigh

*picksup arimfe byt eh scruff of his neck and carry him back tot he Shuffle Forum

We don't need to infect this forum with our shuffle baggage. We infect enough already

Besides my tentacles are not green.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:34   Link #79
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, I'm pretty harmless really I wouldn't fit in in Higurashi
Old 2006-06-23, 14:22   Link #80
I<3killerloli's

^ Will someone tell us, after the series is over, what the deal with the weather is, then?
This series is getting really deep rooted in insanity and anceint dieties. I'm half expecting K1 to stumble upon the Tome of Eternal Darkness pretty soon . But these girls are really crafty, Satako perhaps being the smartest yet...

Spoiler for title:
Closed Thread