AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-09-27, 04:22   Link #161
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Rie Tanaka - man she tends to voice lovable and cute girls like Lacus Clyne (Gundam Seed), and very confident girls like Mitsuru (Persona 3). Rie Tanaka has always been my favorite.

Yuuki Tai - his voice is hot and calm at times like that from Cobray Gordon (SRW).

Mamiko Noto - soft, sweet, soothing voice, goes great with cute and mysterious characters like Oichi (Sengoku Basara), Ai Enma (Jigoku Shojo) and Shimako Todou (Marimite).

Mamoru Miyano - one word... Kiba (Wolf's Rain)!!!

Kana Ueda - I love her as Yumi (Marimite) and Rin (FSN).

Takehito Koyasu - OMG! It's "Aya" Fujimiya (Weiss Kreuz) and Mu La Flaga (Gundam Seed)!

Romi Paku - whether its male like Kenshin Uesugi (Sengoku Basara) or female like Temari (Naruto), she can do full range.

Sho Hayami - the guy with a perfect voice for insane guys like Mitsuhide (Sengoku Basara) and Muraki (Yami no Matsue). I usually impersonate his voice because he's so cool!

Aya Hirano - although I don't like Haruhi, I must admit she was great (it's like I hate her character but I love her voice). One character I do love from her is Misa (Death Note)!

Ryotaro Okiayu - OMG! It's Zero (Megaman X) and Treize (Gundam Wing)!

Megumi Ogata - I love her males like Quattre (Gundam Wing) and Kurama (YuYu Hakusho). And there's this one character she voiced that I still have a crush on for nine years, Karen (B't X) !

Hikaru Midorikawa - ah yes, Mr. Super Robot Taisen himself. Like Hirano, I hate Kikuchi (GTO) but I love his voice there. It's when we talk about Gundam and SRW that we're talking delicious; yay Heero (Gundam Wing) and Masaki (SRW/Cybuster)!

I got more, but they'll do for now.

Last edited by RavenHawk; 2007-10-11 at 11:25. Reason: Minor misspelling
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 09:54   Link #162
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Anyone who is a fan of Tanaka Rie, and who hasn't watched Hataraki Man, do yourselves a favor. Rie's work in Hataraki Man just slightly nudged out Kuwashima Houko's performance in Saiunkoku Monogatari as my pick for best female seiyuu performance of the past year.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 22:53   Link #163
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

For me, my favorite seiyuu is toss-up between Yui Horie and Aya Hirano.
Old 2007-09-29, 00:31   Link #164
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Takehito Koyasu:Experience and a deep voice serve Koyasu well in a variety of roles. Plus he has a great sense of humour as well, is classy and reserved in public while always showing humility, and all of these positive traits have led to him starring in more roles than any other person in the history of anime.

Kappei Yamaguchi: One of the most recognizable and unique voices in anime, with a great sense of humour like Koyasu, likes to really get into his characters and make them his own, often appearing to improve on the spot as well. Yamaguchi is so manic in some of his roles I would go so far as to compare him to Jim Carey or Robin Williams. If he's in your anime, you can be sure he'll add to the fun.

Romi Paku: Always seems to put her utmost into her roles, plus her Loran Cehack will always hold a special place to me. Like everybody I've mentioned before, she has an excellent sense of humour, comes across as very intelligent in interviews, can pass as a male character, and go from 0 to 100 in terms of intensity in less than a second.

Rie Kugimiya: The newest addition to my list of favourites, but certainly not the least. I've been following Rie Kugimiya quiet closely recently, and she does not yet cease to impress me. Most people know her as "that girl that plays tsundere loli", but she actually has such a range that she can pass as a deep voiced male or female, the highest pitched and chirpy little girl, she can sing along to heavy metal, or sugary idol pop, she can somehow make a character moe and gar at the same time, and she just keeps on damn well getting tons of roles, to the point where I swear she's showing off at the moment by being in no less than 6-10 shows at any given (I admit I lost count, most have ended now though) and even taking two roles in Potemayo. The girl is nuts, and I love her for it. Keep on trucking Kugiminator.

Nobuyuki Hiyama: YUUSHA OH! GAO GAI GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! NEED A LINE SAID REALLY HOT BLOODED AND LOUD, CALL NOBUYUKI HIYAMA! Otherwise if you just want somebody who conveys a sense of being on top of things, call him as well. Gar fans know him, he is their god, who could ever replace the one and only Gai Shishioh.

Sho Hayami, Satsuki Yukino, Yuko Minaguchi, Kotono Mitsuishi, Nobuo Tobita, Kaneto Shiozawa (deceased), Tohru Furuya, Shinichiro Miki, Yukari Tamura, Mamiko Noto, Hidekatsu Shibata, Ai Orikasa, Norio Wakamoto, Shigeru Chiba, Hirotaka Suzuoki (deceased), Akira Kamiya, Daisuke Gouri, Shuuichi Ikeda, Seki Tomokazu, and Kazuki Yao round out my list of favourites as well.

Incidentally, I find it interesting that all of my favourites are seperated by such a thin barrier from one to next. Kappei Yamaguchi Led With Rie Kugimiya In Rizelmine, Who Led With Romi Paku In Full Metal Alchemist Who In Turn Starred Opposite Takehito Koyasu In Turn A Gundam, Who Played The Lead In Betterman As The Betterman, Which Is Considered The Second Most Powerful Entity In The GaoGaiGar Extended Universe With GaoGaiGar Being The First, Which Was Piloted By The Main Character Gai Shishioh Who Was Played By.....Nobuyuki Hiyama.

Small world.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-09-29 at 00:49.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 23:04   Link #165
Ronny

Well, as with pretty much everyone else, my list of favorites is incredibly long, so were I to list it, I know I'd forget some.

Although I do want to mention Kotono Mitsuishi and Romi Paku. Although they are both quite versatile in vocal range, they wouldn't reach the top 5 of most versatile female seiyuu in that respect. However, they are definitely the most versatile in regards to playing a character. Neither have ever disappointed me in the characters they played and have always managed to make those characters come alive and give me chills/move me.

Although Kotono Mitsuishi did great in Evangelion, Noir and Sailor Moon as well, it's her performance in Excel Saga that's just unforgettable to me. And her character episode in Paranoia Agent I'll never be able to forget. Of course there are many other performances.

Romi Paku has been mentioned several times recently, so I don't really have anything to add. She's also a woman I'd love to meet in real life, she just appears as a joy to hang out with.

There's many more I adore, as mentioned, but not going to list them. However, I do want to say that for newcomers of sorts, I'm really looking out for Marina Inoue and Tetsuya Kakihara, as they both have, so far, given strong performances in what I've seen. In Marina's case I'm actually more pointing out to her performance in Terra e, instead of Gurren Lagann. I'm very curious what they'll bring in the future.

Last edited by Ronny; 2007-09-29 at 23:21.
Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 02:47   Link #166
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

I too like many voice actresses but my favorite has to be Yui Horie, her cheerful, soft voice is amazing.
Old 2007-09-30, 17:40   Link #167
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Orikasa Fumiko, my favorite comedy seiyuu, mainly for her roles as Matsuoka Miu in Ichigo Mashimaro and Katagiri Himeko in Pani Poni Dash!, but she also is really, really good on the dramatic side with outstanding lead performances in shows such as Scrapped Princess, Code Geass and Tsukihime. Plus she's got a lead role in Bleach as a low-pitched character (Rukia), but I haven't watched Bleach (and I'm not planning to) so I don't know enough of her role to judge it. Her comedy voice gets me cracking like no other--it can actually make me laugh without telling a single joke.

Tanaka Atsuko, the eternal Major Kusanagi in the Ghost in the Shell franchise. Her somewhat manly and authoritative voice, but with a deep touch of feminine sensuality in it, is simply amazing. She has starred in several other shows, but I believe she's best known as Kusanagi than as anything else she's done.

From Hayashibara Megumi I keep some good memories from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop, plus her role in Paprika is nothing short of completely overwhelming. I'd like to see her around more, though, since she's stepped out of the voice acting business a bit.

And, finally, my favorite seiyuu is Yukana. She basically bought me with her role as Mashiro and Fumi-san in Mai HiME, plus the 180-degrees-turnaround Mashiro in Mai Otome. She's got a more serious, deeper version of herself as Dominura, in Simoun. And there's that tsundere-ish, brilliant role as CC in Code Geass. She hasn't played too many roles just yet, but I believe she's really, really skilled as a seiyuu.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 18:46   Link #168
Drakarst
Dark Star Rising

Tomokazu Seki. His voice is awesome--especially when he gets really passionate. For example, when Sagara Sousuke gets really angry, his voice becomes really distinct and full of emotion, like how Yzak talks a lot.

I also really like Horie Yui, Paku Romi, Tomokazu Sugita (his sarcastic Kyon/Gintoki are very cool), and Rie Kugumiya.

Minoru Shiraishi is just full of lulz and 100% awesome.
Drakarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 09:52   Link #169
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

I'd say I like seiyuu with diverse role better.

Kuwashima Houko, for her diverse roles from klutzy but capable kanchou Yurika in Nadesico to quiet amd misterious Yuumura Kirika in Noir, and many other roles

Nakahara Mai, I tought she would only play stereotypical cheerful girl, but I changed my opinion when she played Rena-chan. then in Sola her role as the seemingly cold Aono and as cool Teana in Nanoha StrikerS. When I watched her Nanoha StrikerS with interview with Saitou Chiwa and Tamura Yukari I noticed that her normal voice is the same as her anime voice, the other two's voices differ significantly from their anime voice. Oh yeah did anybody notice that many Nakahara-san's character has orange/brown hair (Tokiha Mai, Rena-chan, Teana, Miina, Miu)

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
kucigaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 17:10   Link #170
Ryougi Shiki
私, オレ, lines of origin

Rie Tanaka is one of my favorites.
Old 2007-10-10, 20:14   Link #171
~ Lawliet ~

Minori Chihara and Aya Hirano are the first to come to mind.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 22:56   Link #172
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

points avatar~ nuff said XD
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 00:12   Link #173
Sassarai
Army of One

after watching Heroic age I say Deaniera's voice actress. Plus she sung that nice ending theme song azurite.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 22:52   Link #174
Pell14

Rie Kugimiya - I got no idea, but i really liked her voice.

as for guys, i dont know much and maybe

Koyasu Takehito - He is one of the guys that i go wtf when i see his roles. didnt expect the same seiyu since the vocal of the roles that i knew have complete different feel on it
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 19:35   Link #175
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Ayako Kawasumi - Lafiel (Banner of the Star)
Tanaka Atsuko - Motoko Kusanagi (GitS:SAC)
Michiko Neya - Melissa Mao (FMP)
Koyasu Takehito - Keiki (Juuni Kokki)
Tomokazu Seki - Chiaki Shinichi (Nodame Cantabile)
Old 2007-10-15, 07:55   Link #176
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Mari Ijima - yes I'll admit I'm love all things Macross, but she is the prototype for all seiyu's IMO. Plus she sang some of the greatest songs in anime history. Plus her CD collection is pretty good too. She pretty much was Lynn Minmei in RL. it was really a convincing performance as a girl plucked from obscurity that became this larger than life idol. And I give her points for reprising her role in the dub and original.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 20:06   Link #177
Mystic_Blue_Roses
Anime Freak

My Favs Are:

Romi Paku "Edward Elric" -- Fullmetal Alchemist
And
Rie Kugimiya (Kawaii!) "Alphonse Elric" -- Fullmetal Alchemist

There you have it!!
Mystic_Blue_Roses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-12, 22:41   Link #178
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The oldies have it for me.

Ladies (doing guys): Ogata Megumi.

Ladies (doing ladies): Miyamura Yuko. She's been out of action for too long.

Guys: Ishida Akira, Hoshi Soichiro, Koyasu Takehito
Old 2008-06-13, 11:26   Link #179
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHawk View Post
Megumi Ogata - I love her males like Quattre (Gundam Wing) and Kurama (YuYu Hakusho). And there's this one character she voiced that I still have a crush on for nine years, Karen (B't X) !
Megumi Ogata didn't voice Quattre, it was Ai Orikasa...
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 19:33   Link #180
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
Megumi Ogata didn't voice Quattre, it was Ai Orikasa...
I was going to point it out, but seeing that the post was quite some time ago, I let it go.

Orikasa Ai... Ah, her turn as Galatea in Claymore brings back memories. On some level, it sounded exactly like her in GW.