AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 8 15.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 37.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-09, 02:00   Link #141
~BC~

There was a change in tone when he said it so I don't think it was meant for the others to hear. They aren't going to have that type of reveal happen off screen at any rate.
Old 2013-11-09, 03:24   Link #142
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

L-Elf is like crying when he is rejected by Pino... poor L-Elf... He almost exploded when Haruto said he didn't know anything... then he's like "you don't know what it feels for being powerless"

Haruto and L-Elf still entertaining too watch though... They are the center of emotion and will be sure the one who changed the world at the end since they know almost every dark secrets already

poor H-neun too... onee-san will be sad... but he's maybe third most favorite Dorsians after 'cold-blooded' L-Elf and 'prince' A-drei... I don't really care about that killing-maniac kid and that cain-fanboy glasses dude.
I really hope Saki will be able to make her way back... and please let Akira be safe

I still hold some slim hope about Marie suddenly opened her eyes since she's only in abnormal condition
and maybe the next source of runes are Shoko and the others in the moon.... hopefully not
Old 2013-11-09, 04:13   Link #143
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

I was late and just finished watching this beautiful episode.

I’d say at this point that both Dorsia and Jior both shared the same purpose of harvesting runes as to stashing away livestock or the utilization of modified humans though, these nations had different objectives apparently. The magius are the real evil that governs the world from the shadows, and they toy with humans, using them to satisfy their needs and treating them like nothing but a food. They manipulate and create chaos within human affairs through the use of surrogates or vessels, and this can only happen if a magius ever posses someone and steal that person’s dentity.

That was intense! That phantom spaceship is heading towards the moon to begin harvesting. By all odds the Sakimori students or the people on the moon are going to face the impending danger that awaits them apparently. Although nations tend to fight each other because of such political issues, religion, traditions or what have you, JIOR, Dorssia and ARUS are nothing but mere pawns. It’s the magius that manipulate humans and create chaos within their affairs through the use of surrogates or vessels, and this can only happen if a magius ever posses someone and steal that person’s identity. To think that if one has to body-jack someone from the government then, the rest can easily monitor people’s movements since they can display their power through this host’s influence and abilities. Now that a lot of shitty things are happening down on Earth, Neo JIOR sure is going to face another enemy this time, and it’s going to be a great deal, for this time it’s not Dorssia but the magius themselves. It’s harvest time.

Yes, Shoko, L- Elf and the ARUS had thought of fooling Dorssia by making t appear that a functional Valvrave that is actually fake, but I hope not resides in M77, but the magius had taken insidious commission which is of course unknown to them—incorporating humans for runes consumption. ARUS president sure knows the existence of the magius council, but Shoko?! What can she possibly do at this point without L-Elf’s brilliant plans and military tactics and the Valvraves though they have built-in canons and weaponry provided in the module? I don’t want to speculate of what will possibly happen to her and the rest from Sakimori high. Cain, X-Eins and H-Neun just bother me. Phew! I just hope that Kriem really came to rescue to H-Neun since I believed that one of his earring is a sort of a transmitter.

Spoiler:

This just me, but the temporary partnership with the Dorssian Royalists is ********. That’s a ploy to get their attentions diverted with the given information as to that phantom sub, a maneuver to commence their insidious mission in space. Cain, the kamitsuki… I can’t say he’s a holy spirit, had seen this coming. Well, he knew that someday H-Neun would betray him and L Elf would screw up their plans. As luck would not have it, the new food source this time would be the people from the Sakimori high or probably all people on the moon. Given that the Sakimori student have great aptitude on piloting a Valvrave, they are still humans, much less they are young, healthy and have a lot of good memories together as well tragic ones. They are indeed the best source of runes since Pino also find these modified JIORians delectable unlike L-Elf who kinda makes her feel sick.
Old 2013-11-09, 05:34   Link #144
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Pino only said that the same thing was happening to L-Elf. If anything the effects should be worse for L-Elf as an outsider who isn't part of the project and thus hasn't been modified to slow down the process.
Not only that. L-Elf may also not have a limiter since he wasn't modified or part of the project. He's also a human, meaning his only method of rune replenishment is creating new memories. I suspect that if he continues being Haruto's rune buffet, he'll start losing memories at the rate of Marie.

Another thing, how does Jior even modify the students in the first place? Do they even realize that they're being modified? Saki was basically a new student when the series started, so it makes me wonder that the modification process is simpler that it sounds. Maybe when the N Jioran students meet the VVV scientists, L-Elf requests that be be modified for VVV use?

Quote:
I think the pilots fighting as a group at first would be good because it'd be a neat way to show how they've accumulated skills and learned to work as a team on their own. It'd also bring the whole "depending completely on L-Elf" thing full circle while allowing a more believable way for Haruto to beat him.
I have to agree, this would be fun to see & would be totally justified as to why it took 5 people to take on just 1.

It'd have a cliche feel because most shonen are like that nowadays but VVV may be able to pull it off with good animation & some epic mecha action.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-11-09 at 05:58.
Old 2013-11-09, 07:03   Link #145
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Another thing, how does Jior even modify the students in the first place? Do they even realize that they're being modified? Saki was basically a new student when the series started, so it makes me wonder that the modification process is simpler that it sounds. Maybe when the N Jioran students meet the VVV scientists, L-Elf requests that be be modified for VVV use?
The entire city was in on the Valvrave project except them. An unsuspecting immunization shot here, lasing the food and drink there.

Karlstein though has a training from hell with brainwashing as conditioning.

Sakimori students are meant to be pilots while Karlstein students are meant to be "piloted".
Old 2013-11-09, 11:32   Link #146
Irenesharda

Quote:
Not only that. L-Elf may also not have a limiter since he wasn't modified or part of the project. He's also a human, meaning his only method of rune replenishment is creating new memories. I suspect that if he continues being Haruto's rune buffet, he'll start losing memories at the rate of Marie.

I think they really need to explain how their students were modified. I think they just gave them a particular curriculum that made them adapt to Pino's taste. I'm not so sure they physically modified them that much, if at all. The "limiter' may be something that humans happen to have already, such as the body's prerogative to survive or something. Marie could have somehow lost hers during the constant experiments they had on her, which means she gave out runes and her body never tried to stop from breaking down.

L-elf I think is perfectly qualified to be a pilot, it just that Pino doesn't find him tasty. It's her personal preference that the students were picked out for. We don't know what her brother likes. He obviously doesn't like JIORians, so for him, all the students would be disgusting.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-09, 13:19   Link #147
charago

So, Karlstein and Sakimori Gakuen are institution for breeding pilots..
All student have the potential to ride VVV AND L-Elf might have the potential to ride VVV II.
He is lucky to meet Haruto....If not, then he will be the one that's called to the ritual, not X-Ein..Afterall he was also one of Cain's "collection" before.

I like how L-Elf is losing his cool and showing how frustates he is for being powerless in front of Haruto..It is just so not like him who always responds Haruto's anger with lines of matter and fact, to respond with emotion that Haruto's heart is moved..

L-Elf didnt tell Haruto if he also bear the same symptomp as him, he really doesn't want Haruto to stop piloting VVV and obstructing his plan just because of 'innecessary' reason..and then Haruto also willing to choose death over sharing the curse..both of them already planning to die...and that's no good..

At this rate, i don't think they will go partway and fight each other, after all they are a character that's made to cover each other weaknesses (read it somewhere in a questionary with the author), and i think that's crucial if they want to defeat Cain..so i think the worst case is they will die together to defeat him..

As for Shouko, i think she is a character that's destined to die in the most "awesome" way to change Haruto, and as for Liselotte, she will absolutely die in order to change L-Elf. It's like the other sunrise mecha anime where one of the heroine always die, and become a turning point for the protag. And since this show have double protag, it means a double death heroine too..I'd like to see both of them going berserk though..

In the end, i can't stop thinking that Haruto and L-Elf will fight against the Magius, and in order to do that, they'll use L-Elf's plan about rotating the pilot duty among the students, that will be the reason why Satomi still alive for 200 years later, and then A-Drei will join the team with a contract that after the war, they will help him become the King of Dorssia and seven of them will liberate the world from Magius..

Ah..i still confused about Ouji-sama..maybe he is an entity born from Pino who already ate Haruto's and L-Elf's rune (well, she ate Marie's too)??
Old 2013-11-09, 16:00   Link #148
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The entire city was in on the Valvrave project except them. An unsuspecting immunization shot here, lasing the food and drink there.

Karlstein though has a training from hell with brainwashing as conditioning.

Sakimori students are meant to be pilots while Karlstein students are meant to be "piloted".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think they really need to explain how their students were modified. I think they just gave them a particular curriculum that made them adapt to Pino's taste. I'm not so sure they physically modified them that much, if at all. The "limiter' may be something that humans happen to have already, such as the body's prerogative to survive or something. Marie could have somehow lost hers during the constant experiments they had on her, which means she gave out runes and her body never tried to stop from breaking down.
The modification process may be as RedWolf said. Experimenting on them in the guise of a simple immunization or specially prepped food & drinks. Though Sharda also has a point about naturally adapting the students to Pino's tastes.(The same principle applies to environment. eg. a chicken raised on a farm will taste better than one raised in an urban area etc...)

Maybe the modification is a combination of natural adjustment & slight biological modification as the cherry on top?

One other thing about the limiter, maybe its like some type of 'good' parasite injected into the students to moderate their rune usage? Or as Sharda said, it could just be something that humans already possess. The only questionable part about it is; how do you "break" it?

Quote:
L-elf I think is perfectly qualified to be a pilot, it just that Pino doesn't find him tasty. It's her personal preference that the students were picked out for. We don't know what her brother likes. He obviously doesn't like JIORians, so for him, all the students would be disgusting.
I don't think its entirely about Pino's preference. That ARUS pilot blew up after trying to use it. The Sakimori students definitely have some type of specialized diet or something of the sort to correctly qualify for Pino's preference.

Saki was basically a new student when the series started & she became a VVV pilot. L-Elf & Q-Vier were accepted to join the school.(Transferring in, in the middle of the school year) It makes me think that if they went undercover instead of an invasion, of they followed the "curriculum" , they'd eventually become compatible with the VVV.

All L-Elf has to do is find out how the modification process works & apply that to himself, then there shouldn't be a problem.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:32   Link #149
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

All L-Elf has to do is find out how the modification process works & apply that to himself, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Or L-Elf has already been modified based on Plue's preference.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:40   Link #150
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by charago View Post
So, Karlstein and Sakimori Gakuen are institution for breeding pilots..
I'm actually not sure about Karlstein. We don't know how long Dorssia's been having the child soldier program, but it's probably been longer than the Valvraves were developed so I'm doubting it's ulterior motive was to create pilots, since when it begun there was no mechs to actually pilot.
Also, something telling was that Mirko/Amadeus, knew nothing about Karlstein when H-neun came in. And you would think a Magius council member would know about it if the kids were being bred to be pilots, food, or even future vessels. I think that Cain and Cain alone, was training his students to be of future use later, be that a body to inhabit, food, or later, pilots for the Valvraves. I don't think it's the entire Karlstein program.

Quote:

I don't think its entirely about Pino's preference. That ARUS pilot blew up after trying to use it. The Sakimori students definitely have some type of specialized diet or something of the sort to correctly qualify for Pino's preference.

Saki was basically a new student when the series started & she became a VVV pilot. L-Elf & Q-Vier were accepted to join the school.(Transferring in, in the middle of the school year) It makes me think that if they went undercover instead of an invasion, of they followed the "curriculum" , they'd eventually become compatible with the VVV.

I think Pino said something about the ARUS soldier being disgusting to her, and so that's why she destroyed him.

You forget that Pino is a destructive little immortal being, for having such a cute, innocent persona, she's still responsible for Episode 10.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-09, 17:01   Link #151
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Or L-Elf has already been modified based on Plue's preference.
It doesn't look to me that Prue was intended to be used with any VVV. Cain just used him to get the decommissioned VVV II operational & thus he bacame the unit's OS. It seems he was being kept like some sort of pet(that's incorrect to say, but he is being kept in a cage...lol) & for whatever ritual they were planning in episode 17.

Quote:
I think Pino said something about the ARUS soldier being disgusting to her, and so that's why she destroyed him.

You forget that Pino is a destructive little immortal being, for having such a cute, innocent persona, she's still responsible for Episode 10.
Yea, for someone so moe, she really has that creepy side to her...XD Still, you can't get mad at a face like that + that cutesy voice & manner of speaking is just so adorable.

Well, there will most likely be more reveals on the modification as the series continues. We have Satomi who will join L-Elf little dream of creating an immortal army & whoever else decides to become standby pilots for the VVVs.

I wonder which VVV Satomi will sub for, ep 17 teased us with him almost becoming VVV I's sub, but Haruto went angst mode & decided that "I'll bear it all".
Old 2013-11-09, 18:00   Link #152
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
It doesn't look to me that Prue was intended to be used with any VVV. Cain just used him to get the decommissioned VVV II operational & thus he bacame the unit's OS. It seems he was being kept like some sort of pet(that's incorrect to say, but he is being kept in a cage...lol) & for whatever ritual they were planning in episode 17.
You are missing the point. Karlstein students are bred as sources of Runes and spare bodies of Magius.

Hence I said Karlstein students are meant to be piloted. Only in this case they are fitted to Plue's specific taste.
Old 2013-11-09, 19:57   Link #153
Kurohane

Ghost ship is heading to the moon. Crap! Also, the team is out of communications with the moon and vice versa, so how are they going to know when it gets attacked. Interesting things are coming. Psyched for next week, when we'll see Haruto's dad in a flashback. If he was the brunette in the preview, then yikes! Not what I was expecting.

Even though L-elf came off as a manipulative jerk this episode. I still feel for him more than Haruto. I got angry at Haruto for saying, L-elf doesn't know what it's like to fear losing your memories and life. Of course he does, you're feeding off him, especially when we have confirmation from Pino that this is effecting L-elf negatively. I felt so bad for Saki. She cares so much for Haruto, yet she is really a secondary thought to him. Again, we have Haruto prioritizing Shoko as his reason for going on. He had to correct himself by saying "Shoko, no, everyone," but still that doesn't make it any less noticeable. I'm aware he has to go through things one shouldn't have to. I know how in losing a friend, you can be emotional and angry, so I understand why he blew up at Pino, and again is averse to piloting. However, he had this coming since he decided to "avenge Shoko", so I can't really feel sorry for him. Being emotional driven doesn't change the fact he chose "yes". Now, he's even more adamant to not sharing his burden to anyone else, leading to eventual self-destruction.

We also have some evidence that "Cain" is body jacked by someone else. In fact, that seems to be the way the Magius council thrive, by gathering runes and using them to I suspect permanently body-jack someone else, and carry along their abilities to the next body as well. That would explain the different symbol. Begs the question: is there anyway to save the host from this after it's been done. Looks like H-neun was the one they used for the ritual this time. This brings me to Lieselote. Is she being raised to be a potential sacrifice? If so, then L-elf has a time limit sooner than expected if he wishes to save her. There is always the possibility she already is one, but with the machine in the previous episode, I have my doubts of that she's already a magius, but is still being prepared as a suitable vessel.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-11-09 at 20:19.
Old 2013-11-09, 20:06   Link #154
ReddyRedWolf

Chances are though she is already possessed by a Magius. The chamber had a Magius symbol.

Which would mean all that L-Elf did to save her was for naught.
Old 2013-11-09, 20:22   Link #155
Kurohane

^ I don't know. She looked like she was about to shed tears in the preview, which I suspect a magius, who is involved in the horrible acts shown in this episode that the council has done would do.

Edit:
Actually having the chance to look through the thread after posting, I have clearly missed alot.

Quote:
Actually the cure for not dying or losing memories, is easy. Just stop being a pilot. Haruto doesn't have to find a cure or try in vain to become human again, he just has to stop piloting. Unfortunately, they can't stop doing that while there is a war going on. So, therefore, my theory is that they are going have to make some modifications to the Valvraves themselves so that they no longer drain them of runes. We see in the future that VVV IV has some modifications to it, and Saki is of course alive and will with all her memories 200+ years later, so its possible that they could have fixed the problem somewhere in the intervening years.
Kibukawa's skills will be put to the test like no other. He's the only one capable of doing it at this time.

Quote:
Also, I like the pairing of Saki and A-drei, they'd make a nice couple. It was crazy that Haruto never even mentioned Saki until way later in the episode, and even then, it was an afterthought after Shoko and all the other students. I don't know if it'll happen, but you can count my vote for the Dorssian ex-prince.
This sounds to me the type of pairing that is made when a character is shown to get the short straw many times, so the first of the opposite gender to actually be nice should be the one to be with that character. Problem is A-drei doesn't know Saki is inside K-zwolf. I doubt he will have anymore interactions with her other than this considering he is an active soldier. Hopefully, Saki won't remain in this situation for long either with Raizo and Akira looking for her.

Quote:
No, that's the Moon, where Shoko and Neo Jior are currently located. The Magius are going there to find a new rune supply.

I'm guessing when you are drained or runes, you somehow don't replenish them? Or perhaps it takes a long period of time. I'm guessing that either L-elf is being affected either because he's getting drained of runes by Haruto, or because Haruto jacked his body and then piloted twice using it.
I'd say L-elf is being affected like we suspected of being bitten two times. It seems each bite leaves some permanent damage with him. He may actually start experiencing symptoms that hinder his abilities after a third bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'd only accept Saki and A-Drei pairing if they spend another season properly developing it.
Saki and A-Drei right now would be like pairing Kallen and Suzaku from Code Geass just because they were stranded on an island together at one point

But I admit that Haruto has been colder to her than I expected. Granted, he has is own issues.

Edit: anyone else get the feeling that this might just bleed into a third season? I get the feeling we'll get an Empire Strikes Back type of ending for S2

//
Yeah, Saki won't stay there that long for that to happen. Plus, A-drei doesn't know that the Karlstein child is being body jacked. However, I do think Saki will feel she owes him one, though how she will try to repay him is anyone's guess.

I say a third season is inevitable now with the large cast and suspenseful build up from multiple sides. No doubt another cliffhanger will happen at the end, which will drive us crazy for another three months or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I also want that too you know, but since she is the main heroine and the chance of a main heroine pairing with a non-protagonist character especially non-main character status character is next to nothing. This anime after all has 2 main female and 2 main male, chances are either L-elf or Haruto. But with L-elf it definitely impossible and really I honesty believe Haruto doesn't deserved Saki one bit, he done nothing in my opinion deserved to be paired with Saki while Saki done everything for Haruto which is already quite pissing me off.
She has been there for him and has sacrificed much for him (her virginity being the most recent example). She does it probably knowing she won't get anything in return. It goes against what she preaches, but that proves how much she's grown to care for him. I may be stretching it, but in this aspect she's like Naruto with his feelings regarding Sakura, though Sakura has come to form an unbreakable bond with him and is starting to reciprocate those feelings. Let's see if Haruto can do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
In the manga of Rukino Saki , there is even a part when Haruto just Thanks her when she tells him to go and save Shoko in episode 12. I, pretty much thought after that Saki should just give up and he is not worth it. Haruto is very much in love with Shoko and personally I don't even find his love deep. BUt it is what it is and he didn't even think of Saki in his dream where he starts forgetting people. She wasn't even there. That would hurt a lot if Saki knew.
Not necessarily. Another way we can see it is that he has already placed her on a tier where he feels he won't forget her, subconsciously anyway. I take it as a foreshadow to her having a bigger role in his thoughts later.

Quote:
The faster Haurto stops keeping things from Shoko, the better off he will be and vice versa. Seriously Shoko herself has to face that fact that he got on the valvrave because he thought she died. You can call that romantic but him doing that has consequences and he has to live with it.
Why should Shoko feel responsible for Haruto jumping the gun? It's not like she pushed him in the Valvrave. Haruto got in it because he wanted to. He wanted to comfort his feelings of lose by taking revenge. Shoko had nothing to do with it. I agree, what he decided to do in this emotional state has consequences as we are seeing and will continue to see. Haruto has to deal with it, because he made the choice. Despite being emotionally influenced, he made the choice to pick "yes."

Quote:
Exactly! Saki is kinda like Zessica but thankfully with a better main heroine status. If Shoko get Haruto like how certain girl from Evol get Amata doing absolutely nothing, boy my rage will be (Kagura x Mikono shipper's rage) X (Amata x Zessica shipper's rage)^100000000 power. But if Saki get over Haruto and found a better new love interest, I'll then had absolutely no problem with Haruto x Shoko.

Hopefully you right . Honesty I wouldn't give a two damn F about Haruto if he wasn't implied to be Saki's love interest.
I'm basically the same. I wouldn't care about Haruto's development so much if Saki didn't like him. That, and his eventual friendship with L-elf. The two argue many times, but they are joined at the hip. A bond that started as dislike or hatred for one another can turn into the one of the most powerful of friendships when they discover some common ground.

I never watched Aquarion Evol, so I wouldn't know about the shipping for that series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Yeah, that sent a clear message. She avoided him for two months.
... only to be pulled back in because Haruto looks so damn moe and fragile. ::sigh::
I thought that she was busy with her singing career to really spend time with him. I doubt she wouldn't have known Haruto was being caged until episode 13 otherwise.

Quote:
but still, I can not ship Saki x A-Drei and anyone who is Dorsian because they are responsible for Aina's death
some things you can't just wash away like that
Right, Aina! We can't ever forget her. She was Saki's only friend at the school.

Quote:
I suppose that's one way to interpret it, but I see it as something else
I see a woman that has lost too many things and is no longer the fun person she was.
I see a woman that only keeps on living because of a promise sustaining her.

Compare this to Satomi who seems pretty much.. Satomi

Saki kinda reminds me of "satisfied" Ultear from Fairy Tail if you know that.
Well there's nothing satisfying about that.. That was total bullshit and you know it.
I see it the same way, though I don't know who Ultear is, considering I haven't watched Fairy Tail. *Looks up Ultear* Okay, I understand now.

Quote:
Let's see which of us is right in the last episode. Maybe both of us are wrong
That locket she carries around in the future most likely represents Saki's attachment to the past, and a stigma to prevent her from truly moving on. Our theory holds more ground.

Quote:
I am going to VERY surprised if Thunder doesn't die in 3 episodes

And the issue with Shoko and Haruto is that Haruto's core values are changing.
He's no longer the same person from the first episode. Even though he himself doesn't realize it yet.
and actually I'll extend this to entire cast.

Akira, you just hijacked a little girl, which was probably disposed of ruthlessly afterwards by L-Elf
Child soldier or not, How do you feel about that, girl?
How is he going to die though? They are basically invincible if they have enough runes, especially the four who haven't shown any symptoms or drawbacks from lack of runes. That has to be explained as well since Haruto's runes may connect all the Valvraves, but that doesn't explain how the other four themselves seem to be doing fine. It works better to have all five supplying runes to VVV 1 though apparently that wasn't possible at the time.

I'm sure L-elf disposed of her off the table without Akira's knowledge. He can never be too careful when dealing with the mentality of JIORians.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-11-09 at 23:28.
Old 2013-11-10, 22:50   Link #156
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

See I can't even feel dread about the next episode concering the stealth invasion, since Shoko seems to have bigger plot armour than Haruto and L-Elf combined lol. XD

On the other hand, seems like we finally get Liz to have some screen time. Now I would love a plot twist in that Liz is also working for the enemy ala Cain (since it would put L-Elf at a conflict), and I just can't wait for the next episode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2013-11-11, 00:36   Link #157
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
I also want that too you know, but since she is the main heroine and the chance of a main heroine pairing with a non-protagonist character especially non-main character status character is next to nothing. This anime after all has 2 main female and 2 main male, chances are either L-elf or Haruto. But with L-elf it definitely impossible and really I honesty believe Haruto doesn't deserved Saki one bit, he done nothing in my opinion deserved to be paired with Saki while Saki done everything for Haruto which is already quite pissing me off.
But Saki isn't the main heroine. The character's roles go more like this:
And since you're familiar with Aquarion Evol, I'll add their mains as well (their place in the story, not similarities)

MC - Haruto [Amata]
Main Heroine: Shoko [Mikono]

Deuteragonist: L-elf [Kagura]
Secondary [main] heroine: Saki [Zessica]

So technically both L-elf and Saki can fall or even be paired up with other major/minor characters. A few examples would include:
Spoiler:

So basically it wouldn't be strange at all if either L-elf or Saki ended up with a somewhat-minor character.
With that said, I really doubt Saki will "end up" with A-drei, simply because there isn't enough time. If there was another season, then it could be somewhat debatable. I honestly think that her meeting with A-drei left a good impression on her, but will be used to develop her character and possibly humanize the other Dorssian soldiers (including L-elf).

Also, I agree with you saying that Haruto doesn't deserve Saki xD
Old 2013-11-11, 02:01   Link #158
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0de_da1sy View Post
And since you're familiar with Aquarion Evol, I'll add their mains as well (their place in the story, not similarities)

MC - Haruto [Amata]

So technically both L-elf and Saki can fall or even be paired up with other major/minor characters. A few examples would include:
Spoiler:

So basically it wouldn't be strange at all if either L-elf or Saki ended up with a somewhat-minor character.
With that said, I really doubt Saki will "end up" with A-drei, simply because there isn't enough time. If there was another season, then it could be somewhat debatable. I honestly think that her meeting with A-drei left a good impression on her, but will be used to develop her character and possibly humanize the other Dorssian soldiers (including L-elf).

Well they didn't really specify who the main heroine as Saki and Shoko both are listed as just main character. I take Saki as the main heroine just because she has more screen time and more development especially after all it Saki that we saw in the future. Regarding Haruto, I swear I won't be pairing him with Saki if episode 10 didn't happened, god damn that episode making this romance so complicated. I won't accept him rejecting Saki because only Saki has the right to reject him, so yeah unless Saki say so Haruto you're not gonna be with Shoko, no way, no way in hell Haruto .
Old 2013-11-11, 02:41   Link #159
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
See I can't even feel dread about the next episode concering the stealth invasion, since Shoko seems to have bigger plot armour than Haruto and L-Elf combined lol. XD

On the other hand, seems like we finally get Liz to have some screen time. Now I would love a plot twist in that Liz is also working for the enemy ala Cain (since it would put L-Elf at a conflict), and I just can't wait for the next episode.
Ignorance is bliss as they say. Shoko is one of the people who knows the least of what's actually going on. In a way, that protects her. Plus, the fact she is the Prime Minister, so she won't lose her life so easily when having an important role.

As Irenesharda said before, the fact we're alluded to think that during her second actually appearance makes it quite unlikely for it to actually happen. If we were really to have that plot twist, she would be shown to be innocent until the very last minute until her face heel turn. No doubt, her situation is complicated. I suspect as the show continues we'll question her current allegiance, only in the end to realize she isn't bad at all. She's seems to be mixed up in the magius mess, but it's probably just beyond her control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0de_da1sy View Post

MC - Haruto [Amata]

Spoiler:

However, Saki and Shoko are mainly paired together as the love interest of Haruto as we have an obvious love triangle. In the first and second opening, we have sequences of them together, and in the second ending they are the second and third in the list of characters going down at the start right after Haruto. Then, L-elf and the Dorsssian boys are next. Even in this new ending, where Haruto is focused in the beginning, we have shifts to Shoko and Saki respectively during Haruto's part. Even though I don't take OPs and EDs that seriously I can take little things from it, especially things as laid on thick as this. We have a love triangle and its obviously pronounced as being important. I don't know much about Aquarion Evol, but I've heard Zessica was always portrayed to lose in the end. Also, I doubt Mikono and Zessica has had the same treatment in the OPs and EDs. In my opinion, Saki has a much bigger chance. Pino supports the pair as well for what that's worth. She's always saying something whenever major events happen between them.

Believe me, I don't believe Haruto deserves Saki either, but it isn't for us fans to decide. Plus, I don't want to give up on my ship because one of the characters in the pair look hopeless. Haruto has growth left to go through, and his feelings may change, where Shoko isn't the center of his universe. Also, I believe that shrine shown in the beginning plays a part.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-11-11 at 03:02. Reason: minor edits
Old 2013-11-11, 02:47   Link #160
c0de_da1sy

Quote:
Well they didn't really specify who the main heroine as Saki and Shoko both are listed as just main character. I take Saki as the main heroine just because she has more screen time and more development especially after all it Saki that we saw in the future. Regarding Haruto, I swear I won't be pairing him with Saki if episode 10 didn't happened, god damn that episode making this romance so complicated. I won't accept him rejecting Saki because only Saki has the right to reject him, so yeah unless Saki say so Haruto you're not gonna be with Shoko, no way, no way in hell Haruto .
I thought it was obvious by the merchandise, credits, and so on?
Either way it's stated in the 4th BD booklet if you want to check it out.

We also saw Satomi in the future...and he's not exactly the main character either.

I never got into the Haruto/Saki ship...or any ship for that matter xD
That, however, doesn't change the fact that I hated Haruto's proposal, especially in Saki's manga. I thought that was horrible! You don't say "Marry me because I have to take responsibility" and then say "thanks, I'll be going now" when they reject you!
Saki's too kind sometimes. Anyways, I doubt Haruto will make it out alive, so what happens to him doesn't concern me much (it doesn't really help that I dislike him).
Closed Thread