AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 16 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 10.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 13.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 11.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 5.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 5.83%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 5.83%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 4.17%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 9.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-27, 12:27   Link #421
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The lack of votes killed Haruto, Yamada, Kyuma, X-eins and saved Shoko

http://www.valvrave.com/special/#s7
Old 2013-12-27, 12:30   Link #422
shadow1296

And that's the problem, are hopes for it were to high we wanted this to be the next code geass or somewhere along that line even sunrise did with the way they marketed it and those hopes were unrealistic, there was lightning that struck code geass making it so good and so popular and i believe there was an interview with a sunrise exec stating they did not have high hopes for code geass and it proved them wrong, so they tried to recreate the lightning that was CG through valvrave unfortunately lightning can't strike twice, but because of the marketing and our hopes were to high and the ending fell short of them, atleast that's what i believe what happened anywa
Old 2013-12-27, 12:40   Link #423
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post

Is that what you call it? It's really starting to feel like a deliberate troll what they did with her; especially when I take that question about the boss into consideration.
Old 2013-12-27, 12:41   Link #424
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

They based survivors on POPULARITY POLLS? REALLY? That would explain a little.
Old 2013-12-27, 12:43   Link #425
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They would have killed Satomi if it were truly the case. He ranked much lower than Kyuma and Thunder.
Old 2013-12-27, 12:43   Link #426
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
A smart and resourceful Magius may have jacked a Joe Blow Average who has few connections (and hence is easier to effectively impersonate). It's clear that the targets were people of power, wealth, and influence. So an average person would likely go unsuspected.

But the thing is that while this approach would gain some measure of individual survival, it does mean the magius' influence is gone.
Which were the Council of 101 that had most prestigius humans and Magius. I suppose some could seek shelter in the module, if they aren't affiliated there.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-27, 12:48   Link #427
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

I had first marathoned the previous episodes from season one til the latest of this season, and as much as I hate how the conclusion turned out to be such a test for viewers to deconstruct or think of, I am not disappointed nor satisfied with the show's ending. Perhaps, Valvrave has changed a part of me as to how I rate the show based on specific standards, and if it's according to this anime, the finale is simply okay. Could be because I knew that it would pull such a bad ending for the MC though, it's a good way to end this suffering and the show itself--but yeah, viewers can do better and write more. I don't hate Okouchi and the assistant writers on how they have come up with such a plot in which I find endearing and unique in a peculiar way. The ideas of magius being an alien species, their existence to be such a terrifying truth in history, and their great influence in human society are interesting. It's just that there were plenty of plot holes, slow pacing that suddenly everything became rushed, poorly written scenes that should've been relevant but turned out to be a void, characters that became not viable at the moment, and other Valvrave stuffs. I am not really into mecha, but this show made me enjoy its defying genre and as well made me both sad and disappointed on purpose. No matter how grim or unsatisfying the show may be, I will still commend it.

I don't really get the hate on Shoko. Watching the show in one go (mom rebuked me for skipping breakfast and eating lunch in front of the computer while my bulging eyes were thoroughly fixated on the monitor) made me love her even more. People back then were complaining on how perfect her character was that she did not even had a tragic past nor flaws, how jolly and a genki type she'd appeared, how impulsive and impetuous her actions were, and how she could keep calm and live an easy life in spite of the harsh reality she's not fully aware of since L Elf and the Kamitsuki team were doing their best in her behalf. Now that she was freed from oblivion and made mistakes during the last few episodes that I find apprehensible, some are still whining. Well, whatever. I got peeved off as well over her uselessness at the ending, but the plot did not demand for her to do something this time. Her job (PM) is for long term so it's not really necessary for her to disrupt L Elf and Haruto's plan.

I was just surprised that she became Hito's pilot. Funny that Valvrave fans had different reactions.
Others were like 'WTF?!! . . . seriously?' Mine was 'this can't be happening. . . ' That was unexpected of her but at the same time befitting. Since L Elf can't become a Kamitsuki if we go by Pino's taste, Shouko is likely the best candidate to carry on Haruto's will and to pilot unit I. This somehow did not appeal because Shoko was seen sobbing and doing nothing while L Elf's team was fighting and dying. If only there weren't many timeskips, questions wouldn't multiply and left unanswered.

Saki, on the other hand, stood out the most for me. I didn't even like her from the beginning, but lately her character development piqued my interest. Before I could even know her more, I already liked her. Haruto gets the same treatment. I both dislike them, but soon as I witnessed how reliable and strong they had become, I began to care. It was a bit off that Haruto died not having the chance to see her beloved Shoko and made up with her though the feelings were mutual, even so he died with his bestfriend's company which was indeed touching. Saki could have properly confessed her feelings to Haruto. She knew she would be rejected, but she thought that maybe if Haruto forgot Shouko, she'd still win him over. If only they have the luxury of time. . . damn feels, damn romance. It's a good ending, considering that everyone still gets to smile happily. The OTP is Satomi and Takahi. Mostly, wedding or marriage means new life and a new beginning. Everyone seems to have moved on. What simply probably makes the finale bad is that it's mixed up with the element of unknown. You knew that it's not going to be glorious but still hoping for a redeeming outcome.

What do I know, the memory core Satomi was referring to can stabilize the utilisation of runes so that the pilots won't have to exhaust their own.

Last edited by Winterson; 2013-12-27 at 13:03. Reason: missing a word -_-
Old 2013-12-27, 12:50   Link #428
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post

Neither of the Top 5 died. 13 of the rest did, and that's over half of them.

The difference is big enough for me to think that there might actually be something to your argument here.

I don't think that being "unpopular" doomed you (it didn't doom Takahi and Satomi, after all). But I do think that being popular might have given out some degree of immunity.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:10   Link #429
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Neither of the Top 5 died. 13 of the rest did, and that's over half of them.

The difference is big enough for me to think that there might actually be something to your argument here.

I don't think that being "unpopular" doomed you (it didn't doom Takahi and Satomi, after all). But I do think that being popular might have given out some degree of immunity.
You need to care about some of the deaths or they wouldn't have impact.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-12-27, 13:13   Link #430
Haigon

Just marathonned season 1 and...

It looks like a different series. Really, S1 have a complete different mood and character interaction.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:14   Link #431
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Just caught it (was busy last night), there are a bunch of things I could say, but only one that is really important: I seriously shed a tear during the scene with Haruto and L-Elf.

That's enough for me.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:16   Link #432
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
The was A bad ending the story had alot of unanswered questions and plot holes, i think they should(sunrise) fire Okuchi his only real one hit was code geass. Didn't code geass sell like 1 million copies or something.
Fire? Okouchi seems to be some sort of a free-lance. He was involved in the (in)famous production of Guilty Crown with his pal Hiroyuki Yoshino almost two years ago.Seeing how things went in Guilty Crown and this show,Code Geass was most probably a fluke.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:25   Link #433
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post

It looks like a different series. Really, S1 have a complete different mood and character interaction.
I see that I am not the only one that feels that way. It makes me think that Okouchi had a plan for the series in season one but by the time season two came along he started improvising.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:28   Link #434
Witch of Uncertainty

I understand that Haruto "died", but how did they kill the magius, and all the other guys (pilots, cain..) really. I thought they were immortal - or am I remembering it wrong/misunderstanding?
Old 2013-12-27, 13:29   Link #435
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post

*nods* I do feel the same way.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:29   Link #436
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post

Magius are not wiped out, remember Pino and Prue? They both survive and accept humans (well, at least they accepted L-Elf which in the end, may have led to accept others).
Pino and Prue I did not mention as they are a special case. Also I said this which you did not bother to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

I don't think the Magius are entirely wiped out. They been through this before. There are sure to be remnants. Jacking their way to survive.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:31   Link #437
Nitestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I understand that Haruto "died", but how did they kill the magius, and all the other guys (pilots, cain..) really. I thought they were immortal - or am I remembering it wrong?
They aren't immortal by any means, they just have regenerative capabilities. Even then, the regeneration consumes runes - shoot them enough times and they'll die.

We don't know the full extent of their regenerative abilities either. Blowing off their head completely may be sufficient to kill them without exhausting their rune supply, for example.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:35   Link #438
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I understand that Haruto "died", but how did they kill the magius, and all the other guys (pilots, cain..) really. I thought they were immortal - or am I remembering it wrong/misunderstanding?

Just probably a misconception. Magius/es are spirit beings. Once they jack a living organism, they cling to life. Their supernatural and extraordinary abilities manifest on their possessed bodies so nope, they are not immortals. They are just hard to kill.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:46   Link #439
ValvraveTruth

Oh god poor Haruto, he sacrifice everthing for path of others. It might not be a good end but to have a good friend before he died that will be enough for now. Damn That bromance and brotherly tears.
Its sad that everyone keep talking about whose the prince kid or whose the mother, seems like everyone totally forget the MC Haruto. R.I.P Haruto, L-elf and me be your friend forever.
Old 2013-12-27, 13:51   Link #440
L-elf

R.I.P. Haruto~ You tried ur best despite knowing the consequences. That selfless action and honor will be remembered always.
Closed Thread