AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 8 15.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 37.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-07, 00:26   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valvrave the Liberator 2, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-11-07, 12:04   Link #2
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-11-07, 12:07   Link #3
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Spoiler for Episode 5:
The stream I usually watch raws on was down

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-07, 12:10   Link #4
shiyuki
Ever Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post

Spoiler:
Same here... Was so desperate looking for the link...
Only managed to watch the very last bit of this episode... T^T

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-11-07, 12:13   Link #5
Chibikiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler for episode:
Old 2013-11-07, 12:21   Link #6
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiyuki View Post
Same here... Was so desperate looking for the link...
Only managed to watch the very last bit of this episode... T^T

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
Spoiler for episode:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-07, 13:01   Link #7
mayumi

Spoiler:
Old 2013-11-07, 13:07   Link #8
Fjoergyn

Still do not see the changes that they promised to L-Elf before starting the show

Haruto is worse than ever. Saki and Shoko are needed to balance the show.
Old 2013-11-07, 13:23   Link #9
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Spoiler for Concerning rune depletion.:
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-11-07 at 14:11.
Old 2013-11-07, 13:37   Link #10
II Maestro

So Haruto is going to end up like Marie but on a slower rate. Saki is still in that kid's body, Looks like Dorssia has a better way for using the Valvrave considering they have a harvest of runes.
Old 2013-11-07, 13:49   Link #11
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Let me pour one out for our fallen homie, H-Neun. Then again, we haven't seen the body, so there's a chance he may be alive. X-Eins and Kreimhild should watch their backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Still do not see the changes that they promised to L-Elf before starting the show

Haruto is worse than ever. Saki and Shoko are needed to balance the show.
I think they're trying to present that as him strengthening his resolve. I'm curious to see how long this lasts, considering the season started out with doing something similar. I get that he doesn't want anyone else to bear the curse and suffer, but it's a little too late for that.

Looks like Kibukawa might chat with Haruto about the development of the Valvraves. And possibly some info on Dr. Tokishima
Old 2013-11-07, 14:05   Link #12
MeggieMay

Random musings on this episode

First, I think Marie is dead dead after all. They did a post mortem on her, according to Crunchy's sub. The confusion is coming from the fact they showed her with out being covered up under a shroud/sheet. There's a slim chance her body is still alive but the way the Prof was talking, no she's not alive and this was just a visual clue cultural mix-up. While I'm sad to see Marie gone I'll also admit it when I was wrong with a theory (one reason I didn't fight more on my theory was I thought the "she's dead one" had some merit as well).

Next up, memories and how we remember IS going to be a theme in the show! Yeah to Irenesharda and those who figured this could be happening that last episode. Things we learned is Cain has been body swapped with someone else (that was something I wasn't clear on until this point) and that most likely means so has Lissette However, Lissette could have been one of the Magius back in the day. That could open up some different paths on several fronts - a big one being, what exactly is that pod she was using? I'll get back to that pod in a bit.

Haruto had a bad day but so did L Elf. I do wish Haruto had listened to L Elf on the pilot swapping. It's a solid plan and it looks to be what had to happen in the end, going by the flash forward. That said, Pino says L Elf isn't something she wants to eat, thus he can't be a pilot. I was actually surprised by that because as I said sixteen episodes or so back, why send L Elf and Q ver to jack the Valvraves if they weren't compatible? Was Cain's current body holder not realizing there might be a problem or using it as a way to kill both L and Q off or a combo of both? It's possible Q could have jacked the machine and it also is possible Cain didn't care and was playing a game where if he got the Valvrave back, fine and if he didn't fine - they both would have end results he liked.

L Elf not being able to pilot is also a bummer but one I think isn't totally off the table. L Elf can not pilot the current set of Valvraves run by Pino but Valvrave II isn't run by her. That's Prue's domain and seems to be source of the "ritual." It looks like they were trying to set it up for X Ein's to take him over but that's been put on hold or it looked like it had due to the loss of the rune factory. I would think L Elf is potentially as good of a candidate as L Elf for this and Prue might think L Elf was tastier than his sister does. I also have to wonder if Prue might be able to combine with someone if he's more willing than normal and if he finds out that L Elf's on speaking terms with his sister he might be in a better mood to let him pilot. So I think there's still hope, though Pino's comment to L Elf that he's already lost runes as well is a worry, as is I'm not sure exactly what is going on with the plot and Dorsia and the runes exactly. I found that part of the episodes quite confusing for what it's worth. Still, if this theory doesn't work, then there is also Lissette and her pod. I have a weird feeling that pod is going to be very important in the plot upcoming, along with H Neuns earring.

Sad to see H Neun go Not a big fan of his but I was surprised he left us this soon. That said, he recorded/transmitted whatever happened to someone. That's going to lead to some interesting events later IMO . At this point, I do hope someone can get through to A Drei about what is going on because I wouldn't mind if he makes it (Q ver still has to die ).

Decent episode but the confusing factor took it down a notch. It does seem the Magius have a fleet in space? Not sure exactly on that one. I'm going to have to watch this episode at least one more time to see if I can make more sense of what is going on in it.

Last edited by MeggieMay; 2013-11-07 at 21:09. Reason: Removed Spoiler protect
Old 2013-11-07, 14:05   Link #13
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Just watched it & I loved it!
  • Pino has finally started talking. All it took was Marie going apeshit & dying.
  • Revelation! Haruto is headed for the Marie ending if he continues to pilot his VVV.
  • I like how H-Neun & X-Eins have a rather close friendship, its refreshing to see that compared to how L-Elf treats others.
  • The theory of L-Elf being a future pilot was crushed. (Partially, the possibility still exists with VVV II & VII)
  • I was right! Cain is being jacked. (To all those who said that he is himself, you were wrong.)
  • L-Elf is finally starting to show some emotion, got a little power lust & envy from him this episode.
  • Did H-Neun die?

Overall good episode. It was suspenseful & held my attention all the way. I'm a bit disappointed in Haruto though. Sometimes I think that L-Elf should've been the MC instead of Haruto.

We also know how Satomi eventually becomes a magius. Oh L-Elf you...XD

9/10.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-11-08 at 16:00.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:06   Link #14
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

-Magius completely taken over Dorssia and is abducting Dorissan to harvest runes for some ritual AKA resurrection of the mysterious Valvrave in the OP and Ending.
-Bye bye H-neun and X-eins will be jacked by someone in needed of "new flesh", this prove that only Valvrave's Magius is immortal as the Magius grow old they needed younger body.
-Cain is indeed jacked by someone and I hate him, no actually I F!@#ING DESPITE HIM NOW!
-The ship that the Magius used to abduct people is heading Module 77, Shoko!!!
-Both Haruto and L-elf is having the same symptom as Marie, former due to jacking and latter due to piloting.
-Haruto is horrified by Valvrave but get over toward the end and also L-elf want the power to pilot Valvrave despite of the consequences for indeed the whole revolution is for Princess Lise.
-JIORian turn pino into the engine of Valvrave for collecting runes, so Valvrave can be operated. No wonder Plue hate JIOR.
-My Saki is still in the shota's body and I'm now extremely worried about her meeting Cain due to Cain turnout to be a big asshole.
-L-elf was able to talk-no-jutsu(kinda of) Haruto keep pilot Valvrave and possibly to joined his war
on "liberating" Dorissa.
EXTRA: JIOR has completely lost my sympathy for them that even knowing what will happen if runes is completely derived they stukk decided to experiment on people Marie 's death is result of this and Dorissa is coming to be a even more f^%$ up country, only ARUS is good, only ARUS because they haven't discovered runes yet. Runes is like oil in our world.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:07   Link #15
LightDragonman

Dang it, H-Neun was really growing on me as well.

So Akira is now searching for Saki, Cain is harvesting Runes from anyone he can get his hands on, and Haruto could indeed end up as Marie. Talk about a series of developments.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:12   Link #16
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Just watched it & I loved it!
  • The theory of L-Elf being a future pilot was crushed.
Not crushed, just made harder to achieve. Check my post for my theories on that (I always put my stuff under spoilers for the first few hours because not everyone has Thursday off to be watching the show ).

Quote:
  • I was right! Cain is being jacked. (To all those who said that he is himself, you were wrong.)

An I was wrong about Marie's status but Irenesharda was on track about the memories being important. Yeah! all of us

Quote:
  • Did H-Neun die?
I think he went splat like the Valvrave pilots who didn't work out with Pino but I won't be surprised if he's still alive either. I think of more importance is his earring but time will tell on that one.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:14   Link #17
Fjoergyn

I do not think that H-9 is dead, I think Pino not eat runes of L-Elf is because they are painful memories.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:24   Link #18
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^L-elf can't pilot JIOR's valvrave that all, since there still two more spot. I'll think L-elf will got one at least.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:29   Link #19
Blood Fines

I don't know if you saw this but Haruto's magius emblem is on his chest upper left side just below the collar bone and I hate to say it but I saw it during his shower scene.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:30   Link #20
mayumi

Why does Pino like the runes only from the students from the school? Were the students experimented on or injected with something to make them suitable for not only piloting but feeding Pino as well? This would mean Shoko can pilot as well. It's got to be some JIOR government, Haruto's father and Shoko's father conspiracy theory.
Closed Thread