AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-09, 01:47   Link #1921
Crusty567
WTF is this???

Lmao, the crunchyroll link is pretty funny. The rumor starter supposedly claims that it takes place in the summer after Shizuma and all the 6th years graduate and its supposed to focus on Nagisa and Shizuma. That doesnt even make any sense? Nagisa is in school still and theres no way she can go out to see Shizuma. The only way I could see that happening is if Shizuma became a teacher at the school. But I highly doubt something like that would happen. So as much as I would like a new season to start I just dont see where there going to start from and they could really screw it up if they did.
Crusty567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 07:01   Link #1922
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Not true.

They can do something similar to Maria-sama ga Miteru.

Spoiler for Maria-sama ga Miteru:

Furthermore, we have all the first-year students like Chiyo to have some character development. There's still room for expansion.
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 18:39   Link #1923
Crusty567
WTF is this???

Ehhhh I guess.... I dont think it would be ever as good as the orignal if they were to make a new season.
Old 2008-01-09, 22:07   Link #1924
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

how about a new season where Shizuma got bad grades and had to stay 1 more year with Nagisa-Chan~~.

OR

how about a transferred student comes into play and is a love rival against Shizuma for Nagisa.^^
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 22:12   Link #1925
taelrak

Hrm, I actually feel that arbitrarily adding new girls into the mix would just spoil much of the anime and turn it into a stereotypical harem anime. One of the worst things to do to a good story is to add a new random "girl of the week" or "transfer student" to lengthen it. If the author really wanted to add more drama, I think there's enough material from the existing characters that have already been developed.

Instead, they could focus on Shizuka's graduation. A wealthy lady graduating from high school from a prestigious family - she is certain to have obligations that take her away for extended periods of times - perhaps even arranged marriages and other business alliances. There's also the issue of Nagisa's own background--she seems to be of a lower social class and won't have much to materially offer Shizuka's family. There could even be something that requires Nagisa to travel overseas to her family. There are any number of typical conflicts that arise in these types of stories that could be used in the unique setting of SP that focus on the trials Nagisa and Shizuka will have to overcome as a couple (or even Nagisa and Tamao), instead of turning the show into a harem.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-10, 22:53   Link #1926
Crusty567
WTF is this???

Well anyways, What did people think about the overall anime? I mean, there are people who either really like it or really dislike it, and the people who usually dislike it is because they have a problem with the girl on girl things
Old 2008-01-11, 02:35   Link #1927
Phantasmagoria
*Author

For me, I enjoyed every single episode of Strawberry Panic.

Most of the people whom I know hate SP! gave up and stopped watching halfway.
They didn't even reach 26, which is the most important part of all. Hence, they missed out the greatest things, and I couldn't be bothered, just laugh at those who didn't finish that series at all.

I firmly believe that only those who finished a particular series have the rights to dislike the anime itself.
You will never know what happens until the very end.

If they hate SP! just because of "girl on girl," by all means watch other anime.
Old 2008-01-11, 04:52   Link #1928
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
new season would be great it would allow them to fix the mess they made by screwing over the nicest character ever poor tamao-chan that stupid witch shizuma
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 14:28   Link #1929
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Abit of rant here.. some things I feel like throwing off my chest.

No matter what, I can never picture Nagisa and Tamao as a pair.

Notice that in Strawberry Panic, in a typical pairing, you will always have one of them who looked abit male-ish, yet still some-what have an attractive girl appearance.
Examples are Amane and Shizuma. Thus, if you put Nagisa & Tamao as a pair, who looked so cute/pretty/beautiful/attractive/angelic, it becomes a [more than friends less than love] relationship, you just can't get the kind of feel akin to those of Nagisa x Shizuma pairing.

Overall, all the pairs are nicely done i.m.o.

I am rooting for Yaya x Tamao. Seriously, that's GODLY.

If there's a season 2, I want to see them as a couple, not mere friends :P

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 2008-01-12 at 08:20.
Old 2008-01-11, 18:18   Link #1930
Crusty567
WTF is this???

The whole Yaya and Tamao thing wouldnt be bad... I really never though of that...
Old 2008-01-11, 19:19   Link #1931
zordon

Send a message via MSN to zordon
Tamao x Yaya sounds cool, there's even official art of it >:3

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=p...view&id=123118

Another who would be great with Tamao is Miyuki.If you think it sounds strange this fic made me a believer:

http://www.devianthearts.com/viewstory.php?sid=978
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 23:45   Link #1932
Crusty567
WTF is this???

You know your right about the Yaya and Miyuki thing. I thought MIyuki was one of the cooler and sexier and more reposed characters out of the whole series and to be honest I was kinda glad that she didnt get mixed in with all the F***ing drama that everyone was going through and that she was the fun aspect of the anime. But then there were times like when she was in the play as Carmen and that she looked better then any other character. I dont really know why they didnt focus too much on her or that matter that know one really liked her?
Old 2008-01-12, 05:40   Link #1933
bubbleum
~ Lilium ~

About the above post, just to make things clear: change Miyuki to Chikaru and you've got the picture. Agreed on that, she (and not only she) should have had much more screen time.

Indeed, the YayaxTamao doesn't sound bad at all, but then what about the fans of loli and respectively Tsubomi
Old 2008-01-12, 08:20   Link #1934
Phantasmagoria
*Author

In my previous post, I rooted for Yaya x Tamao.

My new ones :

Tsubomi x Chiyo

Miyuki x Chikaru

:P
Old 2008-01-12, 16:04   Link #1935
Crusty567
WTF is this???

Lol yea your right, I was thinking that up at the time but when I was looking at my other post I think I typed something differently then what I intended, thanks bro. That would be pretty bad ass though...
Old 2008-01-17, 01:37   Link #1936
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Well, its about damn time...

They managed to bring the manga over to Sakura media in Vancouver, reading it a bit gave me a surprise as both Shion and Chikaru are childhood friends. shame they never really fell in love...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 07:17   Link #1937
zordon

Oh great! Would you mind telling us more things that aren't mentioned on the anime? please.
Old 2008-01-17, 18:48   Link #1938
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Spoiler for Spoilers ahead:

I managed to only get a glimpse of the manga, but obviously a bit of changes here and there.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 18:51   Link #1939
Phantasmagoria
*Author

Is the manga still on-going, till today? A random question...
Old 2008-01-17, 19:30   Link #1940
zordon

Thanks for telling me !, Now I want to have the manga even more >:3 ( only read a couple of chapters and summaries ) especially, i'd one to confirm one part, i read on a spanish translation that tamao said that her family perverted her LOL .It is a shame that this kind of material don't come where i live ,you guys are lucky.

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri