AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-08, 21:11   Link #241
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Upon viewing the first episode, it kind of has that feeling of a Super Robot show, but of course with magical lolis and mecha musume. Awesome.

The show is a little on the blatant side though. I also noticed that I found myself saying aloud "I don't get it" at least 15 times throughout the episodes. Anyway I quickly took notice as have others that everybody is wearing fetish outfits or designed in a fetish-like way. Swimsuits, Bloomers, Panties and what I call the Moetan ass are very prominent. I'm not feeling the dog tail/ears at all though. Furry just totally kills the whole deal for me.

Anyway when Yoshika or whatever her name is ripped off her friends shirt my eyebrows immediately shot up in surprise and stayed stuck there for the rest of the episode. Then when we see her mother healing the friend in the bedroom something else went up and stayed there for the remainder of the episode. The other thing that caught me by surprise is that there's a territory called Britannia featured in this series. What, is that going to become a common thing now after that other ultra-popular show?

I'm liking the accelarated pace of things compared to Sky Girls, but then again I'm also not liking the lack of things....I'm talking about the plot. Mmmm the arced back......Wawha What?! Oh right, the scene where Yoshika is swabbing the deck also seems off. I don't get why Gonzo feels the need to use CG for anything mechanical now. They seem borderline obsessed with it like they have to or something. It clashes so much seeing this non-CG drawn character running across a plain that looks like it doesn't belong in her universe. I swear there's also a part where the commander girl (the one with the eyepatch....cause names are not important apparently) turns into a cell-shaded CG representation of herself. Not exactly what I had in mind. For the 16th time, I don't get it. Mmmmm...delicious bikinis, nicely arced loli backs and chillin' in the sun.... Decent cliffhanger ending.

Anyway this is getting filed under guilty pleasures.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 22:28   Link #242
FateAnomaly

I like the battle scene and the pantsless thing don't really bother me (somewhat funny though). I think it will be better if they at least wore a short skirt though. I like Mio, she seems like a nice person. On the other hand, i don't like the pacifist girl. Its an alien invasion for goodness sake.
I noticed that the witches flew in superman-esque style. Since their propulsion is on their legs, flying in that position will require a lot abdominal strength. They are also carrying heavy weaponry at the same time. They also fought at high altitude. It will mean that they are physically very strong. Unless its all magic of course.

Anyway, i have another pantless theory. Humans have found out that the aliens are actually ecchi-phobic. They are less likely to attack areas where are high level of ecchi-ness. Somehow only young girls without pants can achieve that effect. It is also effective under combat situation. Thats the reason why they tends to miss the strike witches. They are not looking at the strike witches directly when they are firing at them.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 22:39   Link #243
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Oh right, the scene where Yoshika is swabbing the deck also seems off. I don't get why Gonzo feels the need to use CG for anything mechanical now. They seem borderline obsessed with it like they have to or something. It clashes so much seeing this non-CG drawn character running across a plain that looks like it doesn't belong in her universe. I swear there's also a part where the commander girl (the one with the eyepatch....cause names are not important apparently) turns into a cell-shaded CG representation of herself. Not exactly what I had in mind.
Yeah, CG in anime has a way of looking really jarring and out-of-place...it's one thing with backgrounds, or even the Neruoi, but Yoshika running down the deck and Mio going into the dive just had me wondering why they chose CG for those scenes in particular. Maybe it's to save money, but it can't be that hard to draw when it's a distance shot anyway.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 22:51   Link #244
4Tran

Quote:
The other thing that caught me by surprise is that there's a territory called Britannia featured in this series. What, is that going to become a common thing now after that other ultra-popular show?
I doubt that it has much to do with Code Geass. All of the countries were given non-standard names. From the official website, they are (roughly):
  • United States - Liberion
  • Italy - Romana
  • (Free) France - Free Gallia
  • UK - Britannia
  • Japan - Fuso/Fukuwa
  • Germany - Garasuland (Grossland?)
  • Finland - Suomasu
  • Soviet Union - Orussia
Old 2008-07-08, 23:29   Link #245
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
I tried to give this show a fair shot and I suppose that it's actually better than what I had expected, but then again, the ridiculously low bar doesn't really mean all that much anyways. It's definitely not a show I'll be following because I simply can't will myself to sit through anymore of that even if it's just to mock it.

Most of the mockery has been done here so I'll say that at least the BGM and the animation were nice. The former was a nice surprise since I actually kept more of my attention focused on that than what was actually happening on screen. However, the scenery was done rather beautifully and saw that the animation of Mio flying through the air while giving that demonstration was really nice and crisp. It's a shame really then that the plot is so bad because they could have just put more of their budget into finding a a better adaptation with a better director.

Oh well. Dropped.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 00:57   Link #246
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle
I tried to give this show a fair shot and I suppose that it's actually better than what I had expected, but then again, the ridiculously low bar doesn't really mean all that much anyways. It's definitely not a show I'll be following because I simply can't will myself to sit through anymore of that even if it's just to mock it.

Most of the mockery has been done here so I'll say that at least the BGM and the animation were nice. The former was a nice surprise since I actually kept more of my attention focused on that than what was actually happening on screen. However, the scenery was done rather beautifully and saw that the animation of Mio flying through the air while giving that demonstration was really nice and crisp. It's a shame really then that the plot is so bad because they could have just put more of their budget into finding a a better adaptation with a better director.

Oh well. Dropped.
lol, I wonder what kind of plot were you expecting with a mecha musume adaption, sky girl uses same plot but more heavily on the slice of life through most of the series. With that consider it’s really quite the standard flare of human vs alien while cliche it’s not bad in anyways, somehow I can see this relating to peoples perceptual view of originality while in my belief create origin work is impossible in this day and age without making the premise ridiculous or uneventful.

Some people do forget it’s only the first episode expecting more from an introductory episode is an absurd request. Sometimes I wonder what makes anime popular maybe giving people death note is more interesting perhaps, a simple plot can be intriguing if done properly it just requires more time to development character and so fourth.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 01:35   Link #247
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
lol, I wonder what kind of plot were you expecting with a mecha musume adaption
You could say that I got what I expected and that it's a surprise that it didn't sink lower than the already dismal expectations I had to begin with.

Still, a Nanoha-styled series would have been just fine. Preferably the non-StrikerS variant.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 01:38   Link #248
Wesley84

In show, what year is it? It said the war started in 1939, and Yoshika has been away from her dad for six. Would that mean it's 1945?
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 08:30   Link #249
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

though may i ask who will be still tuned to this anime im just curius hehehe
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 10:42   Link #250
Nemuru

Quote:
Anyway when Yoshika or whatever her name is ripped off her friends shirt my eyebrows immediately shot up in surprise and stayed stuck there for the rest of the episode. Then when we see her mother healing the friend in the bedroom something else went up and stayed there for the remainder of the episode. The other thing that caught me by surprise is that there's a territory called Britannia featured in this series. What, is that going to become a common thing now after that other ultra-popular show?
I'm surprise no one has even mention this till now, even though I've been reading everyone’s comment although I could have missed it if someone posted this up earlier. In some way with her friend getting injured and her injury being critical I'm hoping that loli's in this don't have the immune spell which lets them escape any form of harm. Maybe it’s me but I've yet to witness loli dying much except in higurashi which is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12
though may i ask who will be still tuned to this anime im just curius hehehe
Me, me, me
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 10:51   Link #251
kaosmos

i'll follow miyuki sawashiro through water and fire! count me in!
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 12:12   Link #252
Sakome

I will definetely be following this, I like the Mecha Musume genre and this has a WW2ish twist to it with the references/weapons. Also the cast is great. I just hope this has more action than Sky Girls.
Sakome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 13:01   Link #253
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
i just hope they introduce the ground infantry witches, later on! tank musume yay!

Old 2008-07-09, 13:14   Link #254
kaosmos

I don't think they're part of the same "universe"....unfortunately.
Old 2008-07-09, 14:12   Link #255
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

I follow for sure, hope people who dislike it don't fullfill the thread with large amount of complains for every episode till the end.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 15:15   Link #256
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
@Fnights: In a forum you don't post just because you like something, you know?

Anyway, I'll watch it until my schedule lets me do so, but I have very low expectations.
Old 2008-07-09, 15:52   Link #257
kaosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post
@Fnights: In a forum you don't post just because you like something, you know?

Anyway, I'll watch it until my schedule lets me do so, but I have very low expectations.
True,but admit it would be annoying to see "no-pants/fanservice"hate taking several page each time a new ep is out.
Old 2008-07-09, 15:53   Link #258
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

I know, i don't want give the idea of being too extremist, but read comments in rc blog and u know what i'm talking about. I really don't like some of them, mmm, nvm...

Last edited by Fnights; 2008-07-09 at 16:06.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-09, 15:55   Link #259
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
I don't think they're part of the same "universe"....unfortunately.
whha?! no...no..NONOOOOOO!

you lie!

*sob*
Old 2008-07-09, 16:09   Link #260
kaosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
whha?! no...no..NONOOOOOO!

you lie!

*sob*
i understand your pain...

but since it seems the fight will mostly take place over the ocean...

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume