AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-03, 08:21   Link #101
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Just woke up... on cell

I wonder if Cassandras awakening right over Audrey will bast her into bits or not...

In either case the moment we learn Audreys fate is when we first get a decent read on Cassandras power level.

As to Roxanne please don't tell me her technique uses the swords pommel just after she whinned about previously using the cross guard.

Now getting up to run downstairs to my pc for further commenting

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-10-03 at 08:37.
Old 2011-10-03, 08:22   Link #102
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
hm. kinda unusual for you shieky to be be so sceptical (MEH CHAP) without even having the translation?! I opt for the opposite, all in all a very good chapter. yeah, cliffhanger suck, but nicely done and a many things that could have sucked thankfully did not happen
, well, it was a good chapter -- I think though, like for Newhope, alot of the spark may have been lost because of all the spoilers. Then again, it kinds of come with the territory

Don't tell me, let me guess....the Cat's name is "Rainbow Dash"
Old 2011-10-03, 08:22   Link #103
limao
DeAd

I say bring back clare so we leave the MEH chapters
If Clare was here Cassandra would be her new pet and both would get rid the other nš1s in a flash
Old 2011-10-03, 08:22   Link #104
haegar
mangaviking

wait, I can see weils

please please please senpai, share some wisdom
Old 2011-10-03, 08:34   Link #105
Ryus
The One Eyed King

OK... this chapter had so many panels of just text Yagi could have easily drawn more pages and never actually have done more work than usual... damn you SQ magazine give Yagi more allotted pages

31 was just not enough, I wanted to see how number 35 died beyond text which I still can't read
Old 2011-10-03, 08:37   Link #106
haegar
mangaviking

there were some nice shots again this chap btw:
Old 2011-10-03, 08:38   Link #107
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Go Cassy!!! GO! Kill that b****!!!

Im a bit sad if she really awakens since i hoped she would join the ghosts....but on the other hand, that could force Roxy to awaken,this way 2 of the new abyssals will be born.....and Miria could force Hysty to awaken,this way we'll have again a full set,lol.

About what happened with the twins,imo its Rafty's doing but i could be wrong.

In this chapt there is a good amount of dialogue,so i'm sure it will be even more interesting when the eng version will come out.
Yeah... Yagi would most likely kill off the resurrected ones again *sigh*. Hm... Not that I am against Cassandra, but I just see too awkward if they brought back the deads and led them to live a normal life (This is not Dragon Ball.... ) It is sad though...
Old 2011-10-03, 08:45   Link #108
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
there were some nice shots again this chap btw:
Old 2011-10-03, 08:54   Link #109
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Old 2011-10-03, 08:59   Link #110
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Old 2011-10-03, 09:03   Link #111
Darkensed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
That part is just for the lulz!

Cassandra is going to entirely destroy everthing
Go!!!
Old 2011-10-03, 09:04   Link #112
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post

Oh btw, spoiler pics

Hope those of you not able to see the chinese scan enjoyed them
Old 2011-10-03, 09:12   Link #113
haegar
mangaviking

Old 2011-10-03, 09:17   Link #114
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Wink More spoiler pics

Something tells me we'll be seeing a lot more of this one
Old 2011-10-03, 09:22   Link #115
Nixl

Roxanne's facial expressions crack me up everytime.

Edit: It looks like Raftela saved the twins against Roxanne's attacks. Roxanne seems pissed when she saw that Cassandra was no longer attempting to face-stab Audrey. That I am guessing let Raftela mind-hack Roxanne to save the twins from getting a face lift.

Surprisingly I loved this chapter, especially for the extra back story. The scene where Cssandra's wounds open up over Audrey was ridiculously funny.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-10-03 at 09:33.
Old 2011-10-03, 09:27   Link #116
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I just saw the chapter myself just now, and I felt the same...I think it's because we essentially 'read' the whole chapter already through the spoilers -- more then usual because usually spoilers only reveal some snippets. However, practically every spoiler this month was true which doesn't really happen.
Pretty bad chapter lots for wasted pages like the Miria fight which goes nowhere for 3/4 pages and lots of black panels over all a wasted/lazy chapter.

Last edited by Newhope; 2011-10-03 at 09:39.
Old 2011-10-03, 09:35   Link #117
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Pretty bad chapter lots for wasted pages like the Miria fight which goes nowhere for 3/4 pages and lots of black panels ovetall a wasted/lazy chapter.
^Agreed... though I feel it is since Yagi is being forced to progress the plot fast and being kept to 31 pages. EDIT: Don't get me wrong not saying I disliked the chapter at all... just saying I felt the formula with which it was written too was more of the same and a problem with the series of late. Withholding my opinion of the chapter overall until I see the English scan, the plot line seems good, just not the way it was presented being the best way to do it IMHO.

What's even worse though, is that 2 of the next 5 chapters are almost guaranteed to be extra short too. The releases in January and March (the chapters written and drawn in December and February) are always short chapters due to less time until the chapter gets published.

Maybe those chapters will cover only a single plot line though to make up for it...
Old 2011-10-03, 09:37   Link #118
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Pretty bad chapter lots for wasted pages like the Miria fight which goes nowhere for 3/4 pages and lots of black panels ovetall a wasted/lazy chapter.
I disagree I do not think it was wasted overall. That is going way too far in my opinion. While I agree with the beginning comment, the remaining chapter gave the extra piece to the puzzle that we were missing and that is why Cassandra awoke. Furthermore, Yagi has improved on his faces/hair detail, especially if you compare it to his artwork earlier in the story. Therefore, I would not accuse Yagi of being some lazy bastard based on that.

Actually, a lot happened in this chapter compared to past chapters. (Especially if you compare it to the Witch's Maw arc, christ that was bad)We saw Cassandra making a new friend and getting over her disgust of showing her technique in front of others. She confronted Roxanne, which she did not appear able to do so before and went on a rampage. We really get to see just how evil Roxanne is this chapter. Sure, we knew she was pyscho, but she was ready to deface the twins with smile, she probably caused the death of the not-Cynthia claymore just to screw with Cassandra and she took pleasure in all of it. Aside from the Miria bit, I think we had a pretty good chapter in terms of fights and development of the characters.

edit: My only complaint is that Yagi did not give us the silhouette of Cassandra's form. That to me would be a good conclusion to a chapter.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-10-03 at 09:48.
Old 2011-10-03, 09:47   Link #119
haegar
mangaviking

I don't see the problem with the Miria bit either - her full fight would not have fit into one chap with the twins and the cassy flashback - not having Miria shown at all this chap would have been far more meh. This way, we do get a tentative indication how she fares with the release - atm things seem to be a solid draw (depending on lacking translation obviously) which is ok...
If there is anything I take offense at it is that Miria doesn't look more badass with her release...I expected some more badass looks and disfiguration from her in half-awakend state... Well, we shall see what comes at us after this chap...
Old 2011-10-03, 09:57   Link #120
Elandyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
^Agreed... though I feel it is since Yagi is being forced to progress the plot fast and being kept to 31 pages. EDIT: Don't get me wrong not saying I disliked the chapter at all... just saying I felt the formula with which it was written too was more of the same and a problem with the series of late. Withholding my opinion of the chapter overall until I see the English scan, the plot line seems good, just not the way it was presented being the best way to do it IMHO.

What's even worse though, is that 2 of the next 5 chapters are almost guaranteed to be extra short too. The releases in January and March (the chapters written and drawn in December and February) are always short chapters due to less time until the chapter gets published.

Maybe those chapters will cover only a single plot line though to make up for it...
Progress the plot ... "FAST" ?

You do realize that in nearly an entire year the plot has almost not progressed at all right? (since Mirira arrived at the org).

This is getting so tiresome, I am both dreading and getting excited for each monthly release now, the dreading part increasing with each release, and it seems it's just continuing on the same path.

Makes me wonder if Yagi even has any idea where he wants to go with the story, or if he is making stuff up monthly as he goes on without an end game in mind (or with one, but wanting to stretch it paper thin over the next two years).
Closed Thread