AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-28, 11:52   Link #22841
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Don't you mean Wing Gundam?
Yeah, I don't really know it's exact name as I am confused.
Old 2011-10-28, 11:52   Link #22842
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You may want to try SDs. They're cute and cheap. The recent SDs are amazing though, some of them got feature(s) that even the MG don't have. For example SD Wing Zero (ver. KA or EW, whatever you call it) can detach its wings and use it as a big sword ^_^.
no thank you XD i dont like the SD look at all. and the SDs that look KINDA decent i already have as a MG :P
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 11:58   Link #22843
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, I kinda concentrate on the inexpensive element . Ok, so how about some HG Gundams from G-Unit? It's the manga side story of Wing universe. Those are pretty unique gundams. I have one of those called Gundam Aesculapius (which I haven't build yet). IIRC, there are five HG Gundams from that series. And it's cheap.
Old 2011-10-28, 12:02   Link #22844
Appel

Quote:
Well, I kinda concentrate on the inexpensive element . Ok, so how about some HG Gundams from G-Unit? It's the manga side story of Wing universe. Those are pretty unique gundams. I have one of those called Gundam Aesculapius (which I haven't build yet). IIRC, there are five HG Gundams from that series. And it's cheap.
money wasnt really an issue :P i know which kits are cheap^^ i just saw the EVA-01 model and i HAD to have that! XD it was just my goal to keep it a little less expensive but i failed miserabely :P

but speaking of my order: whats wrong with HLJ?! i ordered the two kits yesterday and they are on the way already? XD usually it takes them about a week to process my orders XD
Old 2011-10-28, 12:08   Link #22845
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

What, you don't have EVA-01 model yet? Then by all means go buy it already! As for me, I already have two versions of EVA-01, the normal version and the Type-F. Did you buy the EVA-01 in HG or PG?
Old 2011-10-28, 12:16   Link #22846
Appel

Quote:
What, you don't have EVA-01 model yet? Then by all means go buy it already! As for me, I already have two versions of EVA-01, the normal version and the Type-F. Did you buy the EVA-01 in HG or PG?
i already ordered it, i added it to the order for my MG hi-nu XD its on the way to me already :P
its the awakening version from rebuild 2.0: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN962056
Old 2011-10-29, 03:07   Link #22847
firefox
Seed seeder

I just read that Rainbow Ten http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/ will be closing on 31 janaury 2012. This is a sad day for me as most of my gundam models come from them. Throughout the year i have always been more then pleased with their service.

firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 04:26   Link #22848
maknaedik

I just got my HG 1/144 Genoace. It came from rainbowten and now I hear this news? Well, I didn't get this directly to them, I get this from a reseller. I asked him and told me that his business will continue. I'm not quite sure though if his suppliers will remain to be rainbowten or be different.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 08:28   Link #22849
casval cehack

RG Freedom G Plate. Bandai finally provided a dedicated rifle holding hand instead of still using the fragile 1/144 manipulators.
Old 2011-10-29, 09:01   Link #22850
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post

RG Freedom G Plate. Bandai finally provided a dedicated rifle holding hand instead of still using the fragile 1/144 manipulators.
That's very good news. As cool as the poesable hands are, I rather have solid ones than to have the chance to lose one the fingers. That happened with my RG RX 78

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2011-10-29 at 09:11.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 10:25   Link #22851
Appel

got a new shot of the FA unicorn^^
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-A6Glvgmr7S.../s1600/555.jpg

nice backshot and it shows off how versatile the hyper beam javelins are.
one thing i am curious about though is to what degree this thing is painted.... the white pieces dont seem painted at all but what about the red in the rockets and the thrusters? if we do get those molded in red then it would be even more awesome^^
Old 2011-10-29, 11:32   Link #22852
Butagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post

one thing i am curious about though is to what degree this thing is painted.... the white pieces dont seem painted at all but what about the red in the rockets and the thrusters? if we do get those molded in red then it would be even more awesome^^
Yeah, you could do a lot with that thing, if the FA unicorn wasn't a brick itself :P
and *looks at feet* nothing done to the suit itself...

BTW: I'm almost done with the freedom, just the rifle and shield left Man those wings are HUGE. Hadn't quite expected that. It went mostly alright, though I did break the yellow part of the vfin -.- Luckily I had some model glue lying around and it could be fixed but still... ditched the sandingpaper plan because of impatience, so hobbyknife and cutters only. Screwed a couple of parts up a little (the knife sort of "dove in" a bit) but apart from that, it went ok I Love MG's. Love the detail, love the posability, love the gimmicks (though freedom has few) . Simply put: I'm sold
Old 2011-10-29, 11:39   Link #22853
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
I just read that Rainbow Ten http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/ will be closing on 31 janaury 2012. This is a sad day for me as most of my gundam models come from them. Throughout the year i have always been more then pleased with their service.

Aww man, that sucks. I've been a customer since 2005, and have always pleased with their outstanding customer service. I hope they get past the financial difficulties they're having.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 12:07   Link #22854
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
Yeah, you could do a lot with that thing, if the FA unicorn wasn't a brick itself :P
and *looks at feet* nothing done to the suit itself...

BTW: I'm almost done with the freedom, just the rifle and shield left Man those wings are HUGE. Hadn't quite expected that. It went mostly alright, though I did break the yellow part of the vfin -.- Luckily I had some model glue lying around and it could be fixed but still... ditched the sandingpaper plan because of impatience, so hobbyknife and cutters only. Screwed a couple of parts up a little (the knife sort of "dove in" a bit) but apart from that, it went ok I Love MG's. Love the detail, love the posability, love the gimmicks (though freedom has few) . Simply put: I'm sold
it doesnt look THAT brick-ish to me^^ i bet it isnt as bad as the Ex-S for example.

about your freedom, did everything work out with the shoulders now? sucks about the v-fin though...
Old 2011-10-29, 13:08   Link #22855
Butagami

Quote:
it doesnt look THAT brick-ish to me^^ i bet it isnt as bad as the Ex-S for example.

about your freedom, did everything work out with the shoulders now? sucks about the v-fin though...
That's true, but can you see it in dynamic poses? the problem is only on one shoulder, can't really do anything about it. Doesn't hurt posing or anything, it's just a minor annoyance. As for the vfin, you can only see it if you look at the head from the left (left for Freedom itself) so that's ok. It actually broke when I tried to be careful and wanted to cut of a piece of the runner to reach it better. The piece of runner, with part of the vfin was launched, almost in my eye :P how's that for irony?
Old 2011-10-29, 13:41   Link #22856
Appel

Quote:
That's true, but can you see it in dynamic poses? the problem is only on one shoulder, can't really do anything about it. Doesn't hurt posing or anything, it's just a minor annoyance. As for the vfin, you can only see it if you look at the head from the left (left for Freedom itself) so that's ok. It actually broke when I tried to be careful and wanted to cut of a piece of the runner to reach it better. The piece of runner, with part of the vfin was launched, almost in my eye :P how's that for irony?
there is one photo where it has a beam javelin in two hands. that pose is rather cool! but thats probably as dynamic as it can get with that thing^^
but really now, this model isnt about posing, its all about its impressive bulkiness and massive firepower!

so what exactly is that problem? did the shoulder just not fit on there? is the hole too small? maybe there is a bad nub that you missed^^ and about the v-fin... wow. i never had my models attack me before! O_O
but im glad to know that you fell in love with MG models^^ personally they are simply ideal for me. i like the size (PGs are almost too big for my taste) and the amount of detal that you get for the price is pretty much ideal in my opinion. although RGs are almost better in that regard! i just dont like 1/144 models as much^^
Old 2011-10-29, 17:32   Link #22857
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:

The rockets are propably colored, but thruster most certainly not. I never came across a colored thruster before, so I doubt Bandai starts doing that now.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 17:47   Link #22858
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
The rockets are propably colored, but thruster most certainly not. I never came across a colored thruster before, so I doubt Bandai starts doing that now.
if they give us the the missles molded in color then they might also give us the insides of the thrusters. it is the same color afterall, it could easily fit onto the same runner :P
Old 2011-10-29, 18:20   Link #22859
Butagami

Quote:
if they give us the the missles molded in color then they might also give us the insides of the thrusters. it is the same color afterall, it could easily fit onto the same runner :P
probably that would either mean too thick thrusters or too thin parts...

And the shoulder: normally there's a ridge on that peg to keep the shoulder from sliding off, that ridge doesn't work on one side...
Old 2011-10-29, 19:46   Link #22860
Appel

Quote:
probably that would either mean too thick thrusters or too thin parts...

And the shoulder: normally there's a ridge on that peg to keep the shoulder from sliding off, that ridge doesn't work on one side...
the thrusters do look kinda thick to me. in the photo with the backshot, the thrusters on the right, there you can see that the grey and the red parts of the thruster actually seem to be seperate pieces. if thats true i would REALLY like that! i like it a lot how the thrusters look in the photos like that^^

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy