AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-22, 02:36   Link #81
yakumo-chan

i kinda rewatched the episode where the straw hats crew were talking with rayleigh..
but then i find something wrong here so I look at the manga chapter of it
its this one.. its chapter 506...

Spoiler for big:

the page with shanks is kinda confusing, what was the words luffy said to shanks that were the same thing Roger said?
As far as I know, shanks gave the hat to luffy because luffy said the exact same words he said when he was a kid, not because luffy said the exact same words as Roger did..

shanks was his idol not roger
Old 2012-01-22, 04:50   Link #82
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Speaking of trends from the last couple of volumes, any bets that the print run will be a couple of million again?
It should break 2 mil again in the first week but we've already seen a bit of slowing down in part 2 volume as far as initial sales, albeit not by a lot and still well ahead of any other series.

And to tell the truth, the the racial issues isn't the most beloved topic and a touche subject for some in East Asia as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post

the page with shanks is kinda confusing, what was the words luffy said to shanks that were the same thing Roger said?
As far as I know, shanks gave the hat to luffy because luffy said the exact same words he said when he was a kid, not because luffy said the exact same words as Roger did..

shanks was his idol not roger

Who knows, maybe it simply means that Shanks reminded Roger of himself which might be how he got the hat in the beginning.

Anyway, anyone willing to guess that next chapter might be about. Well we get to see SH meet up with Smoker right away? or will it be a usually between-arc transition chapter before wecut back to SH?
Old 2012-01-23, 17:16   Link #83
marvelB

BTW, I believe I mentioned before that I was excited for the Reverie, yes? Well, I'm most definitely looking forward to see Wapol attend it, since the current ministory confirmed that he's a king again.

I also wonder how long it'll be before we learn of the new shichibukai? Naturally, the one I'm most looking forward to seeing is Buggy (Jinbei's flashback as good as confirmed his new change in status), but it would still be cool to see what other familiar faces (or brand-new ones!) have been recognized by the WG over the skip.....
Old 2012-01-23, 23:09   Link #84
Undertaker

With so many things happen, I almost forgot how many Shikibukai they need to replace.

With, Hancock, Mihawk, Doflamingo still around and assuming they kept cyborg Kuma as Shikibukai and not Pacifista, that's at least two new Shikibukai not counting the great Captain Buggy....
Old 2012-01-24, 09:16   Link #85
yakumo-chan

if you look at this video, luffy really did keep his attitude after the time skip "I dont want to be a hero! when a hero find meat he shares the meat, i want to eat the meat!"

Spoiler for big:
Old 2012-01-24, 10:41   Link #86
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I believe I mentioned before that I was excited for the Reverie, yes? Well, I'm most definitely looking forward to see Wapol attend it, since the current ministory confirmed that he's a king again.

I also wonder how long it'll be before we learn of the new shichibukai? Naturally, the one I'm most looking forward to seeing is Buggy (Jinbei's flashback as good as confirmed his new change in status), but it would still be cool to see what other familiar faces (or brand-new ones!) have been recognized by the WG over the skip.....
what flashback?
Old 2012-01-24, 12:44   Link #87
marvelB

^I was referring to Jinbei's flashback (sorry for not specifying in the last post. I guess I just figured everyone else knew what I was referring to, since we saw Buggy receive one of those bat messengers like Jinbei did in the flashback).

Actually, speaking of Jinbei, something occurred to me after making that last post: What if his connection to Big Mom is the reason for his bounty hike over the skip? I mean, he was pretty much a big hindrance to the WG as it was as a former Sun pirate and an ally of Whitebeard, so making deals with another of the emperors will undoubtedly irritate the government further, which could have led to his jump in price (which apparently surpasses Luffy's at the moment).....

UPDATE: Okay, new thread.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-01-25 at 04:08.
Closed Thread