AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 06:01   Link #81
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ Do you know which links could I find the social links of those characters? My internet is slow and I can't stand searching them all.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 01:22   Link #82
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
^^ Do you know which links could I find the social links of those characters? My internet is slow and I can't stand searching them all.

Hmm, I figured the LP's first post would have linked to them already, but anyway:

Sakura - Celes - Yamada

Also, be sure to check out the early character design post (that one I know for SURE is linked to in the LP's first page, so I won't bother linking it here). There's some real interesting stories behind the cast's character designs! I especially find the proto-Fukawa sketches amusing.

Plus, here's a really awesome piece of official art that looks like it could be used for a DR fighting game (WARNING: IT CONTAINS SOME ENDGAME CHARACTER SPOILERS, SO YOU MAY WANT TO FINISH THE LP FIRST IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY:)

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 04:28   Link #83
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ Thanks for the links!
Old 2012-12-02, 20:40   Link #84
marvelB

So...... yeah.

While cool to learn that something concrete is being done, I'm personally finding many of the translation choices very..... questionable, to put it lightly. The one that irks me the most is adding the "Duper" to Super High-School Level (it already sounded fine enough to me in the first place..... why bother adding to it?). Another one is referring to Mondo as a "One-Percenter" (lol, let's use some obscure biker term ). My guess is that they're trying to make the translation seem like less of a rip-off of Oren's, but still..... eh. I guess I might give the demo a shot anyway and give my impressions of it later, though.

Still, speaking of Oren, after the above project was announced, he mentioned that he and some other SA members are working on their own TL patch for the game. Here's a sample screenshot:

Spoiler:

^Looks nice, right? Now personally, I'm more interested in SA's TL patch, but like I said, I'll probably try this other one anyway in the meantime.....
Old 2012-12-07, 13:44   Link #85
marvelB

So as a few of you probably already know by now, DR is getting an anime. Like I said in its respective anime thread, I do have mixed feelings about this, but ultimately I am hopeful that it lives up the awesomeness of its source material (it should, though.... I mean, at least this means more Monokuma! ).
Old 2012-12-08, 04:32   Link #86
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ I also heard about that!

I love its art direction (the game) and I hope they use the same art as in the game, not to mess with it.
Old 2012-12-11, 12:16   Link #87
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I just played the fan translated demo and was very impressed, Hopefully the full version comes out soon.
Old 2012-12-13, 00:21   Link #88
marvelB

Pardon my next bump here, but I just HAD to post this:

I just stumbled upon something AMAZING a few hours ago. Now, I had mentioned this a couple pages back, but one of the unlockables in DR2 is Danganronpa IF, which is basically a what-if story that serves as an alternate version of the first game's plot (hence the title). However, note that this wasn't written by Kazutake Kodaka (the writer for the games and Zero), but by Ryogo Narita (best known as the author of Durarara and Baccano). And I must say.... he really does capture the series' flavor (boy, Natsuki wasn't kidding when she said the same thing earlier!).

So the point of this post? Danganronpa IF is BEING TRANSLATED! It's not being done by Oren, but the translator here is translating it similarly to his style. Now, note that it's absolutely essential to know the original game's plot beforehand here, because you WILL be spoiled if you don't (this is even pointed out in the story itself, heh). And I must admit..... I've had a wild ride with what I read so far.

Welp, looks like DR2/Zero's LP updates aren't gonna be the only thing I'll be looking forward to, now.....
Old 2012-12-13, 00:54   Link #89
galdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Pardon my next bump here, but I just HAD to post this:

I just stumbled upon something AMAZING a few hours ago. Now, I had mentioned this a couple pages back, but one of the unlockables in DR2 is Danganronpa IF, which is basically a what-if story that serves as an alternate version of the first game's plot (hence the title). However, note that this wasn't written by Kazutake Kodaka (the writer for the games and Zero), but by Ryogo Narita (best known as the author of Durarara and Baccano). And I must say.... he really does capture the series' flavor (boy, Natsuki wasn't kidding when she said the same thing earlier!).

So the point of this post? Danganronpa IF is BEING TRANSLATED! It's not being done by Oren, but the translator here is translating it similarly to his style. Now, note that it's absolutely essential to know the original game's plot beforehand here, because you WILL be spoiled if you don't (this is even pointed out in the story itself, heh). And I must admit..... I've had a wild ride with what I read so far.

Welp, looks like DR2/Zero's LP updates aren't gonna be the only thing I'll be looking forward to, now.....
Is there any DR2/Zero spoiler in there?
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:57   Link #90
marvelB

^Nope, just covers the first game. If you finished the LP, you're good to go.
Old 2012-12-13, 08:28   Link #91
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

RONPA ZERO GET!!!

Boy...finding this was damned hard. Only one store in Kanazawa has it.....
Old 2012-12-13, 18:25   Link #92
marvelB

Speaking of Zero, that got an update in the DR2 LP thread today:

Spoiler for Zero:
Old 2013-01-07, 16:56   Link #93
marvelB

Great news guys, the block's finally down (again)! Now hurry up and get caught up with those DR2/Zero updates before SA decides to pull another dick move and block it again the next day!

And as a bonus, we've got the remaining Asahina events to check out, as well!

Edit: LOOOOL at Hanamura's intro!

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-01-07 at 17:15.
Old 2013-01-19, 10:47   Link #94
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I just finished reading Dangan Ronpa IF.

Mukuro Ikusaba has a feeling to a certain someone? I think I already saw it coming. I wish there is a continuation, sadly it's not canon.
Old 2013-01-19, 14:17   Link #95
marvelB

^Yeah, IF was really cool. I also want to see a continuation of it, but that probably won't be happening anytime soon..... well, maybe if it's included with Danganronpa 3.
Old 2013-01-24, 17:25   Link #96
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
RONPA ZERO GET!!!

Boy...finding this was damned hard. Only one store in Kanazawa has it.....
I asked someone to find it for me in stores but in the end... I just ordered it on Amazon, it's really hard to find apparently.

Also, the OST. The OST can (even on the Internet) only be bought at two places (one of these is Amazon, one is the Label's shop). Why is it so hard to get Danganronpa stuff.
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 18:00   Link #97
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Hopefully, with the anime coming out, it makes getting merchandise easier.
Old 2013-02-02, 04:23   Link #98
Shadow5YA

Eh... isn't there a big plothole in the original game?

Spoiler for penultimate case:
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 15:17   Link #99
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Spoiler for penultimate case:

Spoiler for DR1:

But going back to the sequel for now:

Spoiler for DR2:
Old 2013-02-05, 19:11   Link #100
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I don't like Hinata and I don't wanna see him being portrayed like a good, easy-going type which is not his true face.
Huh. I suspect the translation is still at ch1, so going by it, I don't think it is wise to say that is his true face or whatev. In fact, I think I would do exactly what Hinata did if I were kidnapped (?) to unhabitated island by a suspicious pink fat bunny who claims she (it?) can use magic and proclaims everything should be lovey dovey, and almost everyone else are nuts

He is not as friendly as Naegi, I admit, but don't say that he is unfriendly when you haven't even gotten to, what 10% of the story
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Spoiler for DR1:
Spoiler for More spoiler to consider (DR1 spoiler):

Just my two cents btw. Don't quote if you don't want be spoiled!

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote