AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 16:50   Link #61
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
I don't think he has that good control. Fixing LO's brain took all of his calculation power alone, so something like that would probably be beyond him. It would be much simpler to fix the suffocation by controlling the wind to blow the ozone away.

Spoiler for LN Volume 22:
He got sliced off by Aiwass, and was because of his power that his guts didn't spill over the floor but some hours later on Russia he was fine aka he regenerated himself, and those were some serious wounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
And strong enough to throw Hamazura around with one normal arm. But she doesn't stand a chance against Accelerator.
And Kakine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Let me put one hypothetical situation.

Spoiler for LN:
What if all of that only pushes Accelerator to go BW on them .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 17:02   Link #62
LazyHunter

^Theoretically if those assumptions were possible, yes, but I don't think the Sisters have that kind of power since they prefer to use weapons against him even when they know it's useless (and with more than 10.000 deaths against him they still try it.) Heck 9982 plan was to use a landmine to blow up Accelerator assuming his reflection powers didn't extend to below him. That also shows their lack of knowdlege of him, until 10031 they didn't know his power was manipulating vectors and not Reflect.

Also, even Amata's technique it's freaking hard to do, not even Sugitani, a ninja and master assasin, could replicate it well enough. With the limited power and control of the Sisters I don't think they could do it. Mikoto clearly would have the control to do it right if she learned about this hole in his defense.

(This is all in the assumption that they would be able to pull back the electricity at the last possible moment, I'm don't know if that's possible.)
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 17:07   Link #63
hamazura
whatever

Yeah, sisters are idiot, 10031 retry and shocked as fvk when she heard accel power
I think those sisters should access internet, go to animesuki, and then enter this board. Hope that can make her a little smarter
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 18:11   Link #64
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
He can, and it's been done before.
Yeah that was what I was getting at. Its not that he couldn't but that he didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Well he can "turn on" other parts sure, we've seen him do that. But we've never seen him able to turn off his basic threat reflection, so I assume he can't. Maybe he can and like Chaos said it just wouldn't matter against Amata, but it seems simpler to just assume he can't.

Back to the topic on hand, I wonder if Accel could fight off telepathy? I'm inclined to think he can since Mikoto can so it's obviously something that can be 'blocked' but does anybody know for sure?
Spoiler for Index 2:

I'd say science side telepathy could be reflected. We saw Misaki's didn't work on Mikoto which to my implies that it has to pass through her EM (or I guess maybe AIM) field and passing through something means a vector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Let me put one hypothetical situation.

Spoiler for LN:
I'm not going to tag this because my response is in railgun S1. You are slightly off about Mikoto (and thus potentially the sisters) being immune to lightning. We saw she is immune to getting shocked (though maybe a shock that surpassed her output could work?). She is unlikely to be immune to lightning due to the heat component. We saw how serious that can be when it basically burned up the AIM Burst.

Also assuming bending electricity was possible, if it got reflected as it curved around him, it still wouldn't hit him. You are basically talking about the electricity going tangent to his reflection, and if you do a 180 on that, it still misses.

Spoiler for Index 2:
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 18:37   Link #65
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Also assuming bending electricity was possible, if it got reflected as it curved around him, it still wouldn't hit him. You are basically talking about the electricity going tangent to his reflection, and if you do a 180 on that, it still misses.
I'm talking about it getting perpendicular to Accelerator after the bend. It's all in the timing of course.

If it's done with a continuous stream of electrons many would be dispersed but some should coincide. Then again, who knows how much damage that could do with the Sister's output, it might be better to try to use short bursts with higher power and hope to get the timing right.

At the least, Mikoto should be able to bend it, since it's also magnetism what she masters. If she couldn't, then she shouldn't be able to make a Railgun either.

Quote:
I'm not going to tag this because my response is in railgun S1. You are slightly off about Mikoto (and thus potentially the sisters) being immune to lightning. We saw she is immune to getting shocked (though maybe a shock that surpassed her output could work?). She is unlikely to be immune to lightning due to the heat component. We saw how serious that can be when it basically burned up the AIM Burst.
Hmm... in that case it should "suffice" to manipulate the returned lightning. Once outside Accelerator's space it's free for her to do so. It's an added complexity, but I'm talking here about potential, not the chances of her/them pulling it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What if all of that only pushes Accelerator to go BW on them .
Yes, that's a very possible outcome

Last edited by leukrota; 2013-07-09 at 18:53.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 19:34   Link #66
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

I got a question, and Im asking seriously.

Can Accelator beat Goku?. Goku is purely physical right? That means that's all vectors that Accelator can manipulate.

I'm asking this question because me and my friend are discussing about this. (Im with Goku).
Old 2013-07-09, 20:06   Link #67
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Accel can alter the vector of punches but not ki attacks I would think.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 20:51   Link #68
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Ki would probably have the same effect on Accelerator as directed magic would, they would be disrupted and destroyed by his field.

Ki is like manifested spirit energy from the body right? DBZ energy attacks have never been really complicated, it's just actualized ki in the form of beams and spheres.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 22:12   Link #69
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And Goku goes for physical right from the get-go anyway, so if he's completely unaware of Accelerator's abilities, then he's going to wonder why his arm broke the moment he clocked Accelerator. If it were purely physical, then I don't think Goku would stand a chance.

But Goku could just... I dunno, teleport him into space or blow up the planet.
Old 2013-07-09, 23:09   Link #70
SilverTalon

I would say Accel would lose (though that is assuming you mean Goku at his max and not say DB Goku). My reason is
Spoiler for Light Novel 22 Spoiler:
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 06:48   Link #71
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
I would say Accel would lose (though that is assuming you mean Goku at his max and not say DB Goku). My reason is
Spoiler for Light Novel 22 Spoiler:
This is somewhat trollish... but

Spoiler for Light Novel 22 spoiler and Railgun S episode 13:

What about superman? (also a serious question)
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 09:47   Link #72
hamazura
whatever

Accel cant even beat the goddamn doraemon
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 12:58   Link #73
Rovert10

^
Lol okay... then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
What about superman? (also a serious question)
Get touched by Superman. GG superman you lose?

Last edited by Rovert10; 2013-07-11 at 13:39.
Rovert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 00:00   Link #74
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
^
Lol okay... then...

Get touched by Superman. GG superman you lose?
Superman is weak against supernatural powers and reflection he loses badly because all of that force is reflected...

Spoiler for Accelerator LN 22, NT 2:

@Hamazura: MISAKA 10031 has to go to anime-suki forums. You are right!!!

I mean
Spoiler for MMR Railgun 1,2:

MISAKAs, Mikoto should be able to access anime-suki forums. I'm guessing in Raildex: anime-suki forums don't have railgun as an anime.... (interesting)... otherwise she would be able to search herself.... I say this because we do know that anime exists in Raildex and that she does read it so she would know if it were real... This also means anything that has a cross-over with railgun has less material in raildex verse...

but going back on topic...

You all are forgetting something important that I just remembered:

why talk about Accel
Spoiler for LN 13, 14, or 15:
when really we know that
Spoiler for LN 13, 14, or 15:

t
Old 2013-07-12, 00:15   Link #75
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Well, there's always going to a black alley with a HUGE wad of cash, handing it to a gentleman in a trenchcoat with a business card that says "Weyland Yutani", and then you take a glass jar that contains what seems to be two hands joined at the wrist with a snake like tail...

You face the little sociopath, open the jar, and run as you watch the hands within leap at his face and wrap its tail around his skinny little neck.....

24 hours later, Accelerator begins to complain about "chest pains" as he takes Last Order to the local family restaurant..... Well, at least it's a MUCH kinder and gentler way to die than what you did to the poor Misaka Sisters, you sadistic albino bitch.

Good old Weyland Yutani Corporation.
Old 2013-07-12, 01:07   Link #76
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Well, there's always going to a black alley with a HUGE wad of cash, handing it to a gentleman in a trenchcoat with a business card that says "Weyland Yutani", and then you take a glass jar that contains what seems to be two hands joined at the wrist with a snake like tail...

You face the little sociopath, open the jar, and run as you watch the hands within leap at his face and wrap its tail around his skinny little neck.....

24 hours later, Accelerator begins to complain about "chest pains" as he takes Last Order to the local family restaurant..... Well, at least it's a MUCH kinder and gentler way to die than what you did to the poor Misaka Sisters, you sadistic albino bitch.

That's a good one.

But actually true... (that it would defeat him)

Old 2013-07-12, 11:01   Link #77
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

The thing would jump back at you the moment it jumps to Accelerator and then by-bye Yui. You will die :S.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 11:20   Link #78
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The thing would jump back at you the moment it jumps to Accelerator and then by-bye Yui. You will die :S.
But he has to be aware of an impact to deliberately reflect it dosen't he? And those little buggers are SILENT and VERY good at hiding to get to the right spot to jump.... The SECOND it sends anaesthetics gas straight into his lungs via that tube down his throat, it will be lights out, Sadistic-Perverted-Killer-of-Adorable-Sisters, followed by a short and WELL-deserved ribcage pregnancy that not even HE can do anything about.

Oh, and Yui-chan won't die. Just her husband.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:43   Link #79
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
But he has to be aware of an impact to deliberately reflect it dosen't he?
No his reflection is automatic.

Unless you mean after he gets the choker but killing him from surprise after that isn't much to brag about really.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:59   Link #80
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Smile Kujo Jotaro (Jojo the 3rd)would wipe the floor with Accelerator

Oh, just realized the PERFECT person to kill Accelerator with!

He won't be animated for another month or two, but meet Kujo Jotaro, also known as JoJo the third, from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.

You see, a "Stand", your super-powered shamanic guardian spirit which is a projection and reflection of your soul, although incorporeal and hence can't be touched by the white-haired little psycho, CAN very much touch and indeed SMASH any physical enemy who has no stand of his own to defend himself.

With the Stand known as Star Platinum projected before him, JoJo can pummel Accelerator with HUNDREDS of steel shattering ghostly-punches a second, NONE of which can be fought back against or even reflected unless cutie-murdering sociopath here learns to be spiritual and gets a Stand of his own.

So-called most powerful, you have once again met your match.