AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-26, 23:52   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 694 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

As promised, here's the early arrival of this year's final chapter! Credit goes to Redon and Kaze1028 from AP for providing them, and Aohige for translation:

-Chapter title is "The most dangerous man". The ministory involves Caribou stealing jewelry from the old lady who saved him (geez....).

-The fight between Franky and Baby-5 continues. However, none of B5's attacks have any effect on Franky in his shogun mode (he even sings about how invincible he is!). Meanwhile, Caesar prepares to destroy the heart in his hands.....

-Back at the lab, Doflamingo chats with Vergo. It seems that it's confirmed that Vergo has the most seniority out of all the warlord's crewmembers. Meanwhile, Luffy and co. are busy escaping the lab, which is close to collapsing on all of them due to the SAD room's explosion. Monet notices the explosion from her position, and gets ready to press the lab's self-destruct switch herself. Just as she gives a silent farewell to her master (in which she voices her wish for him to become Pirate King), she collapses, coughing blood. It turns out that Caesar did have her heart instead of Smoker's after all. In fact, HE STABBED HER HEART WITH AN ICICLE....!!!!!

-Law reveals to Smoker that he NEVER gave his heart to Caesar to begin with. He just handed him Monet's, which the scientist mistook for the vice-admiral's. Back at Dressrosa, Dofla's crew realizes that the master himself is gone. He's seen flying across the sea by himself, ordering B5 and Buffalo to take out Franky. He then says that he'll arrive at Punk Hazard himself momentarily.....

And here's the pic that confirms the spoiler's legitimacy:

Spoiler:

WELP. Unless there's some way to survive from getting your freaking heart stabbed, I guess this is the end of Monet. And I believe a bunch of people had already guessed that Dofla would go to PH himself, so I guess that's no big surprise there. But somehow, I still can't see him being the final boss here since he left behind most of his crew at Dressrosa. Either way, this is one hell of a chapter to end 2012 with, if I do say so myself.

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-12-27 at 00:44.
Old 2012-12-26, 23:56   Link #2
Undertaker

Agree, I doubt the confrontation would end up being serious, if there is a confrontation at all.

But there is that one question, how the hell does Doflamingo fly?!!!
Old 2012-12-26, 23:58   Link #3
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Agree, I doubt the confrontation would end up being serious, if there is a confrontation at all.

But there is that one question, how the hell does Doflamingo fly?!!!
A flamingo can fly, other than that there are many characters that can jump very high in the air in the One Piece world.
Old 2012-12-27, 00:04   Link #4
marvelB

As far as the flight goes, my guess is that he's using something similar to Geppou/Sky Walk. Either that, or his DF lets him swing across the ocean Spider-Man style (though that wouldn't explain what exactly he attaches his strings to).....

Also, I think this twist also pretty much clarified what Oda meant with that "dangerous man on the move" comment from the Jump Fiesta.

BTW, I also gotta mention that Franky is mighty impressive this chapter. It's awesome to know that he can hold his own against those two enemies, though I can't help but feel that he'll be screwed if Dofla decides to involve himself in that fight.....

Edit: Aohige pointed out that Baby-5 can reform her body in a very logia-like fashion, though her power is most likely still a paramecia type. Interesting.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-12-27 at 00:15.
Old 2012-12-27, 00:28   Link #5
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Couple of important stuff:

Dofla's attachment to his crew is, again, apparent.
Monet tells Dofla he is "the man who will become the Pirate King".
Old 2012-12-27, 00:41   Link #6
ronin myael
lost ronin

finally, the bird man will make his appearance!
Old 2012-12-27, 00:47   Link #7
marvelB

BTW, you guys better savor this chapter for as long as you can.... because this is gonna be the last one we'll have for a good while. Since both the double issues leaked so early, we won't be seeing 695 until about mid-January. Actually, I had meant to include that info right in the thread title, but I kinda forgot to in my rush to make the thread, heh. But I suppose James or another mod can take care of that later.....
Old 2012-12-27, 00:50   Link #8
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

not surprised on heart thing. I think everybody see that coming

Old 2012-12-27, 00:56   Link #9
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Now this is the way to end off 2012. Good stuff, Oda. Doflamingo is finally going to get himself directly involved, which is something all of us have been greatly anticipating. If he does run into Franky, the latter is most likely going to be made an example out of. Franky's done very well for himself to hold off two of the birdman's subordinates, but the warlord will prove to be too much for him. Monet getting screwed over we all saw coming a mile away. No surprise there.
Old 2012-12-27, 01:36   Link #10
carcanclaw
Kitty?

With Monet's death, I guess Vergo is saved too. I think Doflamingo's defeat is a long way off, but it'll be interesting to see what the state of PH is when he arrives.

At this rate, I think Law and Luffy will end up reclaiming Ceasar after all, and Baby 5 and Buffalo will be evaded during the escape, leaving Doflamingo at a total loss when he finally arrives.
Old 2012-12-27, 01:45   Link #11
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Doflamingo may be too late to run into those that are thwarting his plans. Quite frankly, he doesn't seem to be the type of bad guy to spare anyone, so perhaps Oda is saving this inevitable confrontation for when the strawhats get to Dressrosa. This arc is at its end (presumably), after all.
Old 2012-12-27, 01:51   Link #12
marvelB

LOL, those panda guys sure didn't waste any time!

Anyway, I'm really starting to like B5's power. Aohige was right, too.... the way her body reformed WAS pretty similar to a logia's. But it's still unclear whether or not she can make herself impervious to enemy attacks like the elementals can. Sure, haki would make that defense obsolete anyway, but I'm still curious.

And I'm still wondering how Oda would have Monet survive a freaking literal stab to her heart. Even for OP, that kind of graphic assault doesn't seem like one that can be easily recovered from (if at all). But hey, even if she does miraculously survive, at least this kinda proves that Oda isn't a complete pansy when it comes to violence against (pretty) females.
Old 2012-12-27, 01:54   Link #13
ronin myael
lost ronin

holy crap! we'll have to wait a few more weeks after this?!

franky is suuuuuperrrr in this chapter! and law making that switch is just pure sneaky, but i like it!

doffy seems like he values vergo as a comrade. i wonder if they were friends before they started working together. they seem to have a long history together.
Old 2012-12-27, 02:20   Link #14
Blackbeard D. Kuma

If Monet and Vergo are still alive by the time Doflamingo gets there, do you guys think they'll get the Bellamy treatment for failing or will he just leave them there to perish? Unlike Bellamy, these subordinates are worthy of much more respect and admiration. But then again, Doflamingo is the "wild card" being the "Joker" and all.
Old 2012-12-27, 02:22   Link #15
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As far as the flight goes, my guess is that he's using something similar to Geppou/Sky Walk. Either that, or his DF lets him swing across the ocean Spider-Man style (though that wouldn't explain what exactly he attaches his strings to).....
I think this just confirmed his DF abilities being something related to string

about how he was able to "fly/float" on the water I bet it was similar concept with how Sani (from Toriko) capable to do the same using his hair

Old 2012-12-27, 02:24   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
If Monet and Vergo are still alive by the time Doflamingo gets there, do you guys think they'll get the Bellamy treatment for failing or will he just leave them there to perish? Unlike Bellamy, these subordinates are worthy of much more respect and admiration. But then again, Doflamingo is the "wild card" being the "Joker" and all.

I don't think so. According to Aohige, Dofla's chats with his crew demonstrated some genuine mutual respect/concern for each other in the original Japanese. That being said, I'd figure that Dofla would be pissed as hell if he found out what Caesar did to Monet....
Old 2012-12-27, 02:38   Link #17
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I don't think so. According to Aohige, Dofla's chats with his crew demonstrated some genuine mutual respect/concern for each other in the original Japanese. That being said, I'd figure that Dofla would be pissed as hell if he found out what Caesar did to Monet....
The loyalty that Dofla's subordinates have though can be considered mentally sickening. These guys are willing to die for this scumbag without question. He may care for his crewmates, but it's in a sadistic way. They're nothing more than expendable pawns for his goals (evident in how Monet was willing to die in the explosion just to make sure the culprits don't get away and nothing is left behind). And again, the sad part is they don't have any qualms with Dofla's methods. So if he were to grant them an "honourable" execution, I don't think that would be out of character for him.
Old 2012-12-27, 02:57   Link #18
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Y'know Monet is a logia user, and a snow one at that. Caesar stabbed her heart with an icicle. Even though it may be a stretch, I wouldn't be surprised if it's solely because of her devil fruit that she survives that fatal blow. Considering Oda's track record of character deaths it's hard to say just what her fate will be.

Pretty crafty of Law to make that precaution in the first place though, visually you can't really tell the difference between two human hearts except for maybe their size.

And wow, I wasn't expecting Doflamingo to head for Punk Hazard himself. Perhaps he'll just collect whatever subordinates of his he can and then retreat back to Dressrosa with the Strawhats on his tail.

Though, really one has to imagine just how Doflamingo is managing to "fly" over the ocean like that. Coupled with his forceful manipulation and simplicity of severing limbs from others, it's a very mysterious ability with a number possibilities. Who knows if it's even a devil fruit?
Old 2012-12-27, 03:25   Link #19
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Y'know Monet is a logia user, and a snow one at that. Caesar stabbed her heart with an icicle. Even though it may be a stretch, I wouldn't be surprised if it's solely because of her devil fruit that she survives that fatal blow. Considering Oda's track record of character deaths it's hard to say just what her fate will be.
I could see this happening if it really was an icicle. It could be a piece of debris just sitting around. Maybe Oda has finally started to decide killing characters off in the new world. Since the reason no one died before was because Ace was going to be the first death of the series.

On the other hand i think Doflo is flying using threads to attach himself to the clouds. Or he's attached to a pretty fast fish swimming under the sea. His wings are acting like a parachute.

Increasingly looks like Dressrosa is gonna be the next island. How close could it be to Punk Hazard? Luffy's motivation to go there right away will also be interesting to see.
Old 2012-12-27, 03:58   Link #20
ninetail1989
Dreamer

that dont look like an icicle or is it?..sad ....Law ability allow him to go around snatching ppl heart then if he really wan just slash it into half...as easy as that....unlike Vergo who just keep squeezing it n end up defeated.
Closed Thread