AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-02-29, 14:07   Link #1
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Forsaken102 Send a message via Yahoo to Forsaken102
FireDance- All Soul's Night

This was inspired by a song of Loreena McKennit's, entitled "All Soul's Night". A very interesting peice about the Celtic celebration of Samhain, and it has terriffic descriptions in it that just set my mind working and my pencil to my paper.

And, this is what I came up with, which I'm calling "Firedance."

I know it's probably not good enough to be colored (Damn the veiwscreen on that video, it still looks choppy and.. bad!!), but if anyone feels the urge... feel free!

**notes that in the last two posts she seems to have a strange obsession for things to do with fire...

Last edited by Forsaken102; 2004-02-29 at 23:51.
Forsaken102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 15:31   Link #2
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
why is there a gray box on the face?

nice though. I may try and color it later this week. My only suggestions are to maybe make her a little less manly in the shoulders/deltoids and give her breasts more of a feeling of volume by throwing some shading on the bottoms.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 15:34   Link #3
Mr_Anonomis
El Diablo Blanco!

Send a message via AIM to Mr_Anonomis
It's really nice, though your should have some flames or something somewhere, because that would be cool, and the shoulders are a little manly... but hey... it's all good.

I really like the clothing... it's really nice and she has such long, beautiful hair...I'm jealous, so so jealous (of the hair of course).
Mr_Anonomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 15:45   Link #4
Carpe Jugulum
Kessen Satsu

Send a message via AIM to Carpe Jugulum Send a message via MSN to Carpe Jugulum
Well you were bound to attract attention by saying it was semi-indecent you will get loads of perves wanting a look in (no offense to anyone else who posted) but it atracted me i like it i see what you mean about it being a little fuzzy but o well.

i dont know if you have played vagrant story (amazing game but wont go ) but in the opening to that game it has some woman doing a bit of a belly dance etc and your pic looks very like her... if you havent played the game just look it up on the net im sure youl see a pic and see what i mean.

nice work
Carpe Jugulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 17:50   Link #5
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Quote:
It's really nice, though your should have some flames or something somewhere, because that would be cool
Gahhh... have you ever tied to draw fire in black and white? Let me tell you; it don't work. Whet I originally inteded was for the front dress to be a white filmy see-through type thing, and to have flames across the ground as they slowly merged with the fabric of her skirt (why the fabric's so long), but that takes photoshop to pull off nicely. And, truth be told, I'm no photoshopper. Black and white shading I can do; backgrounds I can kinda do, seamless backgrounds for webpages I've made so many that I'm an expert at it. Flame backgrounds (ooh, I had fun with tbat on "Fireborn" in the team collaboration thread). But, since this was a pencil/pen/ink drawing, and flames don't look too good in black and white with no shading, well. Anyway.

Quote:
why is there a gray box on the face?

nice though. I may try and color it later this week. My only suggestions are to maybe make her a little less manly in the shoulders/deltoids and give her breasts more of a feeling of volume by throwing some shading on the bottoms.
Er, well, about the gray box....

her eyes didn't come out very well with the scans. :S So, I used that to help to darken them so that they were a bit more visible. However, dummy that I am, when I couldn't see any color difference on my computer screen, I quite brainlessly decided it didn't change enough for anyone to notice or care. (That's what happens when you pull an all-nighter when you draw stuff. )

So, I'm fixing it. Along with attempting to fix the manly shoulders, although that's proving to be... interesting. I'll replace that one with the finished product in a bit. However, for the shading, that will have to be for when you color it. I already tried with utter disaster to shade the skirts, if you can see.... and it turned out horribly. So, I didn't shade the breasts because they are a bit more central than the skirt... part of the main figure, if you will, and not extra fluff and eyecandy. So, please feel free to add all necessary shadings as you color... I'm excited to see how ti will turn out.

Quote:
Well you were bound to attract attention by saying it was semi-indecent you will get loads of perves wanting a look in (no offense to anyone else who posted) but it atracted me
Yeah, well... I did say "semi indecent", and I stand by that categorization. it's not every day that someone posts someone clothed only in long silk scarf-like skirt with naught but straps elsewhere!

All right, Finished. I'd love to hear any more critques now that I've finished, er, fixing those that I've already heard about and can do something about without coloring it.

Thanks for your comments!

Last edited by Forsaken102; 2004-02-29 at 18:19.
Old 2004-02-29, 19:45   Link #6
Lord Akuma
Fallen Angel

Send a message via MSN to Lord Akuma Send a message via Yahoo to Lord Akuma
Not bad, some proportion problems....and the major thing I dislike is the...SQUARE chin lol if you changed that even it would be that much better, you know more "female". Anyway, it's pretty good.
Lord Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-29, 20:38   Link #7
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

(*laughs*) well, I fixed the chin... but the proportions are going to have to stay wrong. they're a bit difficult to extract, most of them, so I'll just leave them at that.

And, I messed around with filters (nifty little things that I somehow forgot were there) and messed with the "diffuse" stuff... so, the drawing looks cleaner now, if not not better.
Old 2004-02-29, 23:41   Link #8
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
here's another tip... make her hips a little wider, not to be offensive to girls or anything but this one needs more....thickness

And you might lift the age warning in the title, because I don't find this offending to any age
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-01, 20:13   Link #9
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

(*groans*) Yes, the hips... well, while most females (especially myself) have ample hips, I wanted this one a bit more...slender. Because face it, hips get in the way in a serious way in most cases. (sorry for the repetitiveness of words there). While they ARE probably a plus for belly dancers, well... this is just how I drew them. :S

As far as the age warning... well, er... she isn't very clothed... a bit of straps, some long, flowing scarves for skirts... And this is even the edited version, because I got a comment on half nude women are always subjects in fantasy art! 'course, it isn't highly edited, but ah, well. (*laughs*)

At any rate, it is rather impossible for me to change the title now. So, well... unless an admin (or mod?) would like to lift the warning, I suppose it stays.

But thanks for looking, despite the age warning!!

And NoSanninWa said, "Ask and ye shall receive."

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-03-02 at 00:40.
Old 2004-03-02, 03:28   Link #10
Zero Percent

^_^ Well I decided to color your line art for you. Unfortunately it wasn't till after I finished that I realized that its name was Fire Dance. As a result the colors are off. Then again I guess it couldn't hurt to call it Nature's Waltz could it? At least this version anyway.
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Ze...sakencolor.jpg

Go easy on me I’m an amateur.

Last edited by Zero Percent; 2004-03-02 at 03:40.
Zero Percent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 03:55   Link #11
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Percent
^_^ Well I decided to color your line art for you. Unfortunately it wasn't till after I finished that I realized that its name was Fire Dance. As a result the colors are off. Then again I guess it couldn't hurt to call it Nature's Waltz could it? At least this version anyway.
http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Ze...sakencolor.jpg

Go easy on me I’m an amateur.
Hey, no complaints on this end. My coloring sucks major... well. Anyway. I like it alot; the colors go well together. Mind if I add a bit of a background to that?

I will, eventually, at least. Thanks for coloring it. Hmmm... Someone else is working on it too, I hear... maybe we'll make this thread a "Four Elements" dance... (*wonders who wants Water and Air...*)

And thanks to the Admin (or mod) who changed the title for me.
Old 2004-03-02, 08:42   Link #12
Tboz

Indeed, she looks a little manly with the broad shoulders, lack of hips. So yeah... I basically repeating what others have said. But IMO, one can still have a curvy body and look slender at the same time.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 11:33   Link #13
Forsaken102
Insanity Goddess

Well, all who are interested, I decided to give coloring it a try myself. I'm going to do a background for it soon enough... something Celtic, I suppose.

At any rate, this is my first time actually "Coloring" something on photoshop, instead of "Shading."

Let me know what you think! (Other than her hip/shoulder ratio!! But because of the fabric, that's bloody hard to take care of. )

Old 2004-03-02, 11:51   Link #14
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
I love the way you shaded the clothing, the hair is a little odd, but I can't agree mor ethat it's difficult... very nice there
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 15:02   Link #15
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu_Maehara
I love the way you shaded the clothing, the hair is a little odd, but I can't agree mor ethat it's difficult... very nice there
Ditto... I love the shading on the clothing as well. Looks like real satin.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 15:30   Link #16
Yama_Le_Rouge
I'm branded, I'm doomed

Pas mal du tout, you did a great job on the cloth
Yama_Le_Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 15:44   Link #17
Kitsune-bi

Send a message via ICQ to Kitsune-bi
Nice coloring! Wonderful jon on the cloth. That can be tricky. Only thing I see thats not great is on the black BG you can see where the colors seem to be leaking thru the lines in her hair.
Kitsune-bi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 17:04   Link #18
Zero Percent

Wow Forsaken102 that’s amazing, I wish I could color that well <sigh> maybe I should just stick with drawing. Although practice makes perfect I suppose, but I doubt I can get very far with this old outdated version of ArcSoft PhotoStudio that came with my computer. I wonder; is it worth it to purchase Adobe Photoshop? Especially for something I may or may not get into?
Zero Percent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 17:19   Link #19
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
well, i really like the coloring and shading and everything, but the face just looks flat compared to everything else. that's all
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-02, 21:32   Link #20
gizmo
Monenenenee!

i think she isn't that femimine, but that's allright i guess.
The proportions are too "normal" so to speak, anime proportions are a little blown up (don't know if i say this right). I mean that the chest is a bit bigger, waste small and the head bigger, and also the legs are rediculessly long. Looking at the legs i think you managed to work that part out pretty good, but the head could be a bit bigger. Also the waste is too straight. You should give it a bit more "swing", can't find the right word for it.
But i like the overal picture, keep posting. I like your work.
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote