AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-07-22, 12:04   Link #21
Flame-X
Anti-fan

They only licensed the first season since they specificly said "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion"
Old 2007-07-22, 12:22   Link #22
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

It was just a matter of time. Bandai would've been stupid if they didn't bring this stateside, as I can see this can appeal to a LOT of people I know. Now the only question is, will the picture books also come stateside, in the form of limited edition bonus maybe?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 01:21   Link #23
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
As much as I love Crispin Freeman as a VA his voice sounds far to deep to do lulu, although I think he could pull off Zero perfectly.
Is this a serious reply or a tongue-in-cheek nod to my sarcasm?
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 07:15   Link #24
Ansa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Is this a serious reply or a tongue-in-cheek nod to my sarcasm?
Can't it be both? :P
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 07:33   Link #25
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
No surpsise to mose im sure blantly obvious it was going to be picked up bandai. I have no real problem with Bandai but im a little antsy about what they will do with Code Geass Either way smart move its a great series i was really hoping it would not happen till the last episodes in season 1 aired
Old 2007-07-23, 08:22   Link #26
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
No surpsise to mose im sure blantly obvious it was going to be picked up bandai. I have no real problem with Bandai but im a little antsy about what they will do with Code Geass Either way smart move its a great series i was really hoping it would not happen till the last episodes in season 1 aired
Tell me about it. -_-;

It'll be a long time until they come out on DVD, that's for sure.

I'm still confused as to why they waited months to air these episodes.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 08:27   Link #27
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Tell me about it. -_-;

It'll be a long time until they come out on DVD, that's for sure.

I'm still confused as to why they waited months to air these episodes.
ahh...... They need to write the scripts or just teasing the fans
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 08:52   Link #28
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
So.... It's laziness, you're saying?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 11:31   Link #29
RecurringNightmare
The Darkness In Your Mind

Send a message via MSN to RecurringNightmare
Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
I've heard that, and I've also heard that it was because they messed up and ended up airing unscheduled recaps because they were behind: this is said to have made it impossible for them to get a new television spot for the anime until recently.

I'm not really %100 sure on what the reason is, but each rumor that I've heard has either pertained to laziness, an accident, or evil marketing.
RecurringNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 23:18   Link #30
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

It maybe going on TV!!!...Table Sex On TV....Too Hawt for TV? Find out soon
Old 2007-07-23, 23:47   Link #31
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

It's definitely not coming in Cartoon Network. It's too mature and specific for the children watching. *cough (Americans..) It might be in Adult Swim, but they'll just make it look like crap with their stupid theme as well as censoring and cutting off all the stuff. *sigh At least, they made Evangelion look like crap.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 01:39   Link #32
rpgman1

Code Geass would probably be better off on Sci-Fi's Ani-Monday. The only parts that are censored are nudity and swearing.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 14:05   Link #33
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Ehm, I would have to agree with you on that. It's the best place to have it not censored as much.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 22:00   Link #34
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
It's definitely not coming in Cartoon Network. It's too mature and specific for the children watching. *cough (Americans..) It might be in Adult Swim, but they'll just make it look like crap with their stupid theme as well as censoring and cutting off all the stuff. *sigh At least, they made Evangelion look like crap.

Adult Swim does alter themes except making them shorter nor do they cut a lot of stuff. The most they've done censor wise is blur nudity. Hell, they even allowed curse words in GITS.

I would think they'd be hesitant because of how nationalistic it can seem.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:40   Link #35
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
They only licensed the first season since they specificly said "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion"
Are you sure that the second season is called something else? I've been hearing, though not confirmed, that the second season is just going to be a continuation, with the first episode of Season 2 called "Stage 26." Just because Code Geass has a second season, doesn't mean that the second season is going to be titled differently (unless, of course, you have a source to back this up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1
Code Geass would probably be better off on Sci-Fi's Ani-Monday. The only parts that are censored are nudity and swearing.
It's definitely not going to be on Sci-Fi's Ani-Monday block. That block was created through an exclusive deal between the Sci-Fi Channel and Manga Entertainment, so only Manga Entertainment shows are on there. Since Geass is licensed by Bandai, it'll be airing somewhere else. My bet is Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, because Bandai has said before in an interview (when asked about hosting their own anime channel) that the best place to expose anime titles on TV is through Cartoon Network.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:54   Link #36
Terra

Quote:
Are you sure that the second season is called something else? I've been hearing, though not confirmed, that the second season is just going to be a continuation, with the first episode of Season 2 called "Stage 26." Just because Code Geass has a second season, doesn't mean that the second season is going to be titled differently (unless, of course, you have a source to back this up).
From what I remember seeing, the second season is being treated more as a sequel rather than a continuation. Besides, it's pretty clear that by the end of season 1 he will have control of Japan. So it's not really a rebellion anymore.
Old 2007-07-25, 15:34   Link #37
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
From what I remember seeing, the second season is being treated more as a sequel rather than a continuation. Besides, it's pretty clear that by the end of season 1 he will have control of Japan. So it's not really a rebellion anymore.
Still, it'd be nice to wait until it's confirmed that Season 2 is going to be called something else. You can't just say that Bandai only licensed Season 1 because it's titled "Lelouch of the Rebellion;" you're making quite a few assumptions by saying that. Also, we don't know what exactly is going to happen in Season 2, so I don't think it's safe to conclude that Lelouch has won control of Japan just yet.

Besides, it's not unheard of for different seasons to be under the same title. Magic Knight Rayearth had a time gap betwen its two seasons (the second season didn't air until a month after the first season ended), but they were under the same title. And yes, the second season for Geass will be a much longer wait than one month, but that's not my point; my point is that it's not impossible for the two seasons to be under the same show title.

We should find out after Episodes 24 & 25 have aired if the second season will be called something else (I'll bet there'll be a preview of the second season after those episodes air). Until then, let's not jump to conclusions just yet.

EDIT: Then again, I wonder if we will see a preview of the second season after 24 & 25 airs... I just noticed that the October date for the second season that was announced by magazines is false information. -_-

Last edited by Destinyblade; 2007-07-25 at 15:54.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 16:41   Link #38
Terra

It's been confirmed that season 2 is set on a World bases and not Japan, which says he'll take Japan.

As for a show like Magic Knight Rayearth, Lelouch of the Rebellion is more a sub-title, unlike Magic Knight Rayearth which was just the show title. The show is Code Geass. And you're also making an asumption by saying it will be the same. But from how things seemed to be protrayed from the interviews I've seen translated, I can't really see it continuing having Lelouch of the Rebellion in S2. But I'm not going to say it's fact until we do have a proper title.

As for when S2 will air. My instinct is still for the autumn season. To wait until next year seems a bit wrong with how long ago S2 was confirmed. Just because they said it wasn't October doesn't mean it can' be this year. Most of the current shows end in September. Guess we'll have to wait and see when the autumn line-up is official since as far as I'm aware Darker than Black's replacement hasn't been announced yet, and that timeslot is when S2 of Code Geass is going to air. Whether it's when DtB ends, or after it's replacement, we don't know.
Old 2007-07-25, 21:41   Link #39
Dark Wing

Well heres just hoping it's on Adult Swim...but what about the last 2 episodes of Season 1 will still be subbed or has everyone dropped it by now?
Old 2007-07-25, 21:48   Link #40
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Well heres just hoping it's on Adult Swim...but what about the last 2 episodes of Season 1 will still be subbed or has everyone dropped it by now?
if the fansubbers subs it they will be heroes XD. I doubt it they will probably sub it anyway
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote