AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 20:15   Link #101
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Could Walpurgis Night be one of Homura's many possibilities (or the first Puella Magi or Oriko)? Cause when you stick Walpurgis Night (removed face) and Gretchen (Madoka witch), they form an hourglass [related to Homura's Za Warudo powers].... (Madoka's wish removed that possibility)
It's widely believed by fans right now that
Spoiler for spoiler:
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 07:59   Link #102
Arkanis

Quote:
Could Walpurgis Night be one of Homura's many possibilities (or the first Puella Magi or Oriko)? Cause when you stick Walpurgis Night (removed face) and Gretchen (Madoka witch), they form an hourglass [related to Homura's Za Warudo powers].... (Madoka's wish removed that possibility)
Personally I don't think this is the case. Walpurgisnacht was essentially the cause why Homura made that specific wish and became a PM. Before can accept the implications of Walpurgisnacht=Homura I need more evidence than just her design.

Last edited by Arkanis; 2011-10-13 at 10:49.
Arkanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 02:04   Link #103
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Well, personally I'm curious about Mami's wishes. The other PM (Puella Magi) have each of their wishes, so they have the ability based on their wishes. Like Madoka wants to save the cat from the car (I don't know what her other abilities, except her archery skill), Homura wants to protect Madoka (hence the space-time manipulation ability), Sayaka wants to heal Kyosuke (her nigh-invulnerable healing factor), and Kyoko who wants to all people want to listen to her father's sermons (well based from the wiki, her ability based from light and illusion but she ditch it since her family massacre).

Judging by her numbers of muskets and her "Unlimited Musket Works" ability, what she really wishes to have is "she doesn't want to be alone"?
Old 2011-10-13, 23:20   Link #104
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Well, personally I'm curious about Mami's wishes. The other PM (Puella Magi) have each of their wishes, so they have the ability based on their wishes. Like Madoka wants to save the cat from the car (I don't know what her other abilities, except her archery skill), Homura wants to protect Madoka (hence the space-time manipulation ability), Sayaka wants to heal Kyosuke (her nigh-invulnerable healing factor), and Kyoko who wants to all people want to listen to her father's sermons (well based from the wiki, her ability based from light and illusion but she ditch it since her family massacre).

Judging by her numbers of muskets and her "Unlimited Musket Works" ability, what she really wishes to have is "she doesn't want to be alone"?
Her wish when she became a MS (PM) was to not die. Pretty sure that her powers from that were similar to Sayaka's, maybe a mix between Sayaka's healing and Homura's time travelling depending on how she worded her wish (if she said "I want another chance to live a great life", for example, she'd probably have simple, weak time travel abilities and hyperhealing). But seeing how she was in a very tight situation when approached by Kyuubey, I highly doubt she wished for anything more complex than "I want to live". She admitted that she didn't think her wish through, evidenced by her failure to include her parent's safety in her wish.

I don't think that Mami's muskets are from her wish, unless she wished for another chance at life to shoot whoever caused that car accident
Old 2011-10-14, 10:58   Link #105
Arkanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post

Quote:
Q: There's a few place in the script that I'd like to touch on, first about Mami and Kyoko. How is their "wish" connected to their powers when they became magical girls?
A: In Mami's case, her wish "to connect to life" [editor's note: she wanted to live] gave her the power to "tie" and "combine" things together. That's why her power comes from the ribbon. By using the ribbon as a weapon, she can use that to produce guns that are useful in a battle. In ep3, Homura is stopped in her tracks by being tied up. That is her true magical power. She has the most experience so has a lot of different magical powers beyond those of her original powers.
Source: Megami Magazine 2011-07
Arkanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 19:08   Link #106
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanis View Post
And she's a Westerner (based on her katakana name) so she uses the barbaric devil guns xD
Old 2011-10-15, 20:04   Link #107
Kudryavka

Quote:
And she's a Westerner (based on her katakana name) so she uses the barbaric devil guns xD
Guns versus using katanas?
Old 2011-10-15, 20:15   Link #108
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

I guess. Though she's fine with kicking opponents at close range.
Old 2011-10-16, 23:57   Link #109
Kudryavka

Quote:
I guess. Though she's fine with kicking opponents at close range.
Oh yeah huh
Old 2011-10-27, 16:08   Link #110
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Found out that Walpurgis Night has no beginning (a witch from the start).

Are some drama CD dialogues hinted at the episodes (aside from Mami and Kyoko's part)?

And what are the 2ch jargon related to Mami's decapi- *chomp*

Last edited by bhl88; 2011-11-15 at 22:50.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 17:43   Link #111
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
It's widely believed by fans right now that
Spoiler for spoiler:
are there any pages / posts that have more info in this theory, this one sounds good regarding akasha.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 05:40   Link #112
fuff

just finished the show..
some questions:
1.so at the end of series are the girls alive?? expect madoka of course
2.when homura time traveled how come madoka didn't have her powers?? because i thought she could only time travel the day before her fist day at school
3.is the movie trailer out?
4.so there are no witches just the bad monster we would see when they entered the world??
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 11:25   Link #113
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
just finished the show..
some questions:
1.so at the end of series are the girls alive?? expect madoka of course
2.when homura time traveled how come madoka didn't have her powers?? because i thought she could only time travel the day before her fist day at school
3.is the movie trailer out?
4.so there are no witches just the bad monster we would see when they entered the world??
Spoiler tagging, just in case even though it probably isn't needed:

Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 11:50   Link #114
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Spoiler for :

Last edited by Kimidori; 2012-02-14 at 22:38.
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 18:33   Link #115
fuff

thanks for the replies! if i have more questions ill be back!

wait...there is one...when is the movie out?? and r they only gonna have one movie??
Old 2012-02-14, 19:14   Link #116
GDB

No date yet, and it's three movies. From what I recall, the first two are basically recaps/retellings.
Old 2012-02-15, 17:11   Link #117
fuff

i dont get how sakaya, kyouko, mami died...if there are no more witches...like sayaka cant turn into a witch...there for her jem cant be tainted. also moadoka doesnt know that curses still exist right? if she did does that mean her gem stone will be tainted?
Old 2012-02-15, 18:14   Link #118
GDB

Just because she doesn't turn into a witch doesn't mean the soul gem doesn't get consumed by grief. It's when the gem would normally cause a witch to appear that Madoka "defeats" the witch before it is made, causing the magical girl to disappear. And no idea what you're talking about in terms of curses. Madoka already destroyed her own witch.
Old 2012-02-16, 01:25   Link #119
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Just because she doesn't turn into a witch doesn't mean the soul gem doesn't get consumed by grief. It's when the gem would normally cause a witch to appear that Madoka "defeats" the witch before it is made, causing the magical girl to disappear. And no idea what you're talking about in terms of curses. Madoka already destroyed her own witch.
by curses i meant the monster...she doesn't know they exist right?

madoka gem was about to get consumed by grief but she stopped that??? oh i get it since her wish was to stop witches even if she turns to a witch it will be prevented right??
Old 2012-02-16, 04:42   Link #120
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
madoka gem was about to get consumed by grief but she stopped that??? oh i get it since her wish was to stop witches even if she turns to a witch it will be prevented right??
remember the earth-sized witch in the last ep? it madoka's witch, but since her wish is to erase every witch in past, present, future in every world with her own hand, she destroyed her own witch and created a paradox. after that, her life have no beginning and end anymore, she shifted to another plane of existence and become a god

Tags
q&a