AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-17, 11:26   Link #1081
Black-Cat-Sama

I'm not annoyed that Ichigo showed up OR that the chapter was basically three scenes (Ichigo arriving, checking on his fallen SS members and then showing up in front of Juha). I'm just so annoyed how Kubo tries to make Ichigo look cool in all of this, when he's clearly either going to break established power levels and beat Juha or end up embarassed via getting his ass kicked and saved by people he doesn't know (squad 0).

So does this also mean that the clown Sternritter (the guy introduced in the beginning of the chapter that we had only seen his feet of before) was one shotted by Ichigo?

Seeing the thumbnail for the chapter on MangaStream made it look like Kisuke was using one of his sword kido that he used on Aizen--so I had hopes it was going to be back to Hueco Mundo. Oh well, time will tell. Hopefully we get a cut back to Karakura town of Uryu talking to his dad about what could be happening, and his dad fills us in on some things. Ryuken needs more badass scenes after snoozing through Aizen's invasion.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 11:40   Link #1082
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

I was half expecting byakuya to say "take care of rukia"
would have been so much awesome if he had, ah well,once more kubo crushes ichixruki fantasies

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 11:42   Link #1083
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A whole chapter wasted to introduce Ichigo into the battlefield. Kubo pacing.
Seriously. I got to the end and thought I'd accidentally skipped some pages. I've seen Kubo write some pretty pointless chapters before, but this one takes the cake.
Old 2012-10-17, 11:59   Link #1084
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Now its confirmed that
Spoiler for latest chapter:
if anything it's more the opposite from what i see. it's confirmation that he's alive. i was sure he was a puddle of blood, now this? we certainly didn't see him die anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
BTW, anybody noticed that glove Ichigo was wearing it looks like Quincy glove.
it looks more like a fullbringer design to me.

this chapter was horrible... one of the worst in a while. ichigo was the last person i wanted to see. it's like some people have said. he had trouble with kirge. there's no way he can beat bach. its too predictable
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 12:37   Link #1085
GusGus

I don't know why people come to this thread to complain and say how much they hated every single chapter, every single week. Why don't you just stop watching it? It's getting annoying. Heck, now they even complain about the things they think will happen.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 13:01   Link #1086
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Wow! Since when did Ichigo become such a badass?? I like! Too bad he was trapped for so long.
Old 2012-10-17, 13:53   Link #1087
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
I don't know why people come to this thread to complain and say how much they hated every single chapter, every single week. Why don't you just stop watching it? It's getting annoying. Heck, now they even complain about the things they think will happen.
That's silly. we're all here because we like bleach to a degree. I dont know why people generalize the opinions of others into whatever fantasy they deem true. prior to yama-jii's death this forum was full of people, including myself, who thought that bleach was great for a long stretch during the quincy invasion. this chapter in particular was poor and a waste of time. please explain how it is not.

if you don't like the forum, then "why don't you stop watching it?"
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 14:04   Link #1088
Algent

I wonder when they will show us who killed the quincy in Hueco Mundo
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 14:11   Link #1089
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

lol so much wasted panel space. even repeating the same lines between pages just to fill space.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 14:35   Link #1090
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
So does this also mean that the clown Sternritter (the guy introduced in the beginning of the chapter that we had only seen his feet of before) was one shotted by Ichigo?

Seeing the thumbnail for the chapter on MangaStream made it look like Kisuke was using one of his sword kido that he used on Aizen--so I had hopes it was going to be back to Hueco Mundo. Oh well, time will tell. Hopefully we get a cut back to Karakura town of Uryu talking to his dad about what could be happening, and his dad fills us in on some things. Ryuken needs more badass scenes after snoozing through Aizen's invasion.
The thing is, now that the story is fully focused on Ichigo again, nothing will be explained. It just won't. That's why I didn't want the story to get diverted to begin with because this gives Kubo the leeway to...
  • drop previous plot points
  • have battles happen off screen (or in flashbacks)
  • have character arrivals happen suddenly with little to no explanation (again--most of the time recalled in a flashback)
  • unnecessary flashbacks
  • other
  • or all the above
He does this every time. Does anyone honestly think that he will stop the story (and Ichigo's awesomeness) for one second just to pan over to the Ishidas? I can't see that happening. I can see them somehow appearing in Soul Society and briefly and vaguely explaining how they got there. And I doubt we will have closure with the Christmas Ornament villain. I still think we'll find out who put the sword to Urahara but that will be after the fact and it will become more of a joke.
Old 2012-10-17, 15:00   Link #1091
SeanQ

Ichigo Arrives... The End. Great chapter, So much was shown.
Old 2012-10-17, 15:02   Link #1092
sayde

This looks like the angriest Ichigo's been since he's regained his powers. So I'm looking forward to seeing how well of a fight he'll put up against Bach. One thing that peaked my curiosity this chapter was how Ichigo's reiatsu supposedly vanished immediately after arriving and sensing the condition of Rukia and Renji. But then later on, Bach and his #2 henchmen were able to feel his reiatsu once he confronted them. So either Ichigo's reiatsu spiked upon seeing/sensing his fallen comrades and Kubo's foreshadowing the notion of both Bach and his #2 guy being transcendentals, or Ichigo simply left the immediate area (where he entered SS) so fast and traveled so far away that it would've also felt like his reiatsu vanished.

Beyond that, I'm also disappointed with this chapter. Because honestly, I don't feel like this chapter confirmed Byakuya's death. So the only thing that really happened was Ichigo arriving to confront the big bad. And that's just not all that exciting in and of itself. Especially since the outcome is kind of obvious. I'm not saying Ichigo will lose, but at the very least, its pretty much a given that he's not going to get the chance to end the battle right here and now--even if this means Bach is forced into fleeing from Ichigo.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 15:16   Link #1093
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Byakuya is definitely going to live. He'll hold out long enough for Unohana to heal him.
Old 2012-10-17, 15:19   Link #1094
SeanQ

Man...these captains just like to forget Orihime and pretend they are in any real danger too much =p
Old 2012-10-17, 15:42   Link #1095
Lumilicious
Lurking~ ( ಠ_ಠ)

The only thing good about this chapter was Byakuya admitting being an ignorant ass all the time. I actually liked that.

Next week's chapter: 2 pages of Bach and Ichigo talkin smack and then a transition over to HM. I am calling it now.
Old 2012-10-17, 15:44   Link #1096
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
You should try the animeultima forums. That forum sucks overall (it's full of idiots among other things) but it still has people that talk about each new Bleach chapter like it's a godsend. And they have a separate thread for each chapter, something animesuki lost a while back.

And Freya, Ichigo was always a badass. His last-moment entrance at Rukia's execution was a lot cooler and it did not take up the hole damn chapter.
That was one of the few badass moments. Saving Rukia, going full hollow mode, max-bankai against Aizen, this chapter. He's rarely ever at that full max strength. Shit has to happen for him to be like oh no got to get serious now.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:41   Link #1097
Alchemist007
*Author

Ichigo looks better with less of the new Zanpakuto boney material all over him.
Old 2012-10-17, 16:47   Link #1098
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
The thing is, now that the story is fully focused on Ichigo again, nothing will be explained. It just won't. That's why I didn't want the story to get diverted to begin with because this gives Kubo the leeway to...
  • drop previous plot points
  • have battles happen off screen (or in flashbacks)
  • have character arrivals happen suddenly with little to no explanation (again--most of the time recalled in a flashback)
  • unnecessary flashbacks
  • other
  • or all the above
He does this every time. Does anyone honestly think that he will stop the story (and Ichigo's awesomeness) for one second just to pan over to the Ishidas? I can't see that happening. I can see them somehow appearing in Soul Society and briefly and vaguely explaining how they got there. And I doubt we will have closure with the Christmas Ornament villain. I still think we'll find out who put the sword to Urahara but that will be after the fact and it will become more of a joke.

This is all too true D=... I'm just having hope that there's something like at the beginning of the Arrancar arc (around the time grand fisher was killed) where the fighting calms down long enough (or even escalates to a worse point) where some other characters can elaborate on it. I can just imagine Ryuuken sitting in his office just staring out the window, knowing what's going on and what's probably going to happen, but then again, I'm just fanboying.

-It hurts knowing that plot points and such will be dropped though--like Orihime's potential during Grimmjow's dialogue vs Ichigo and then Ulqui vs Ichigo.
-The bodies Mayuri found (which i highly believe are going to be shoe-horned into this arc and were never really intended to be in this arc) and so many more.

On a good note: Ichigo will probably talk to Juha the whole chapter about all the terrible things the man has done to his friends and whatnot and also explain how he got out of the cage. Then the cliffhanger will be them clashing...meaning 2 chapters from now, we might actually get to see what's happening/happened in Hueco Mundo.

Deep down I'm still locked on the fact that Mohawk guy was fried by Yama but Kubo seems to have forgotten and put him back somewhere else, alive. Reminds me of Naruto Chapter 599, where so many errors were in... but anyways... yay for Ichigo!!!

P.S.- I hope this means Byakuya is dead finally after living long enough as a blob of blood to tell Ichigo something he really didnt need to say. If Kenpachi is also dead, then there might be hope yet. The last thing I want to see is comic relief Kenpachi seeing Ichigo after th day is saved...or Kenpachi showing up later like he always does and powerhousing through the enemies
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 17:11   Link #1099
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
He's rarely ever at that full max strength. Shit has to happen for him to be like oh no got to get serious now.
Which still has me kind of confused. And I can admit, I liked Ichigo's attitude during this chapter. He was serious and aware of what has happened and what needs to be done. But at the same time, I can't help but vaguly question, "Didn't Ichigo have a hard time fighting the bad guy in HM before being trapped? Or am I just crazy?"

I just remember Ichigo having struggled to fight someone who should have been cannon fodder. Suddenly he's up against the main bad guy and what should I make of this? We don't really know how powerful Juha Bach is because he so easily curb-stomped Yamamoto. And I'm supposed to buy (or assume maybe?) that Ichigo is on par with Bach now (all because of Byakuya's 'last words' and Ichigo's resolve) when chapters ago he had to go bankai on a superfluous character.

I don't know. I just feel that this is unnecessary. I kind of wish we could skip forcing the main protagonist and antagonist meeting each other and proceeding in this common shonnen fashion; and I know, I shouldn't complain because I know what I'm reading and what demographic it's for. But for something of this scale (especially since it's a war) I don't feel that is that important that Ichigo meet Juha Bach before the final fight. It should be universally understood that this man is destructive and plans on being evil forever. Ichigo should just take care of the problem after battling some lower level baddies and having some sort of training session. But, alas, no. They'll talk; they'll fight (a little); Ichigo will need to level up; he'll train; they'll fight again. Why fix it if it ain't broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
I can just imagine Ryuuken sitting in his office just staring out the window, knowing what's going on and what's probably going to happen, but then again, I'm just fanboying.
It's okay to fanboy. I just think that Kubo has stopped using this technique for quite some time. He kind of used it during the fullbringer arc but it was used so jarringly that it really hurt the story rather than helped it.

Quote:
-It hurts knowing that plot points and such will be dropped though--like Orihime's potential during Grimmjow's dialogue vs Ichigo and then Ulqui vs Ichigo.
-The bodies Mayuri found (which i highly believe are going to be shoe-horned into this arc and were never really intended to be in this arc) and so many more.
This. This so much. I have had this feeling since we started this arc. I have a feeling that's how Kubo will tie in Aizen (much later) into explaining how these qunicies have such speical powers. Becuase this was all just as planned, or some yadda, yadda, yadda.

Quote:
P.S.- I hope this means Byakuya is dead finally after living long enough as a blob of blood to tell Ichigo something he really didnt need to say. If Kenpachi is also dead, then there might be hope yet. The last thing I want to see is comic relief Kenpachi seeing Ichigo after th day is saved...or Kenpachi showing up later like he always does and powerhousing through the enemies
I actually think that since Kubo took the time to show Byakuya it reinforces the fact that either Unohana or Orihime (somehow) will end up healing him. For me, he's still not dead. Not until Rukia is crying over his cold dead corpse. I know, morbid.
Old 2012-10-17, 18:18   Link #1100
Critias

I'm betting on a "This is what happened to Ichigo and Hueco Mundo in the meantime" chapter next week.
Critias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter