AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-25, 08:29   Link #241
sumusiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
But the problem is that AW's anime production company is now busy with some other more profit-making series from what I learn...plus, novel sale does not directly related to anime production...you should probably buy figures produced in accordance to anime and their BD/DVD...
I believe they're busy with SAO hence why SAO season 2 comes out first , it has the priority since it also is far more popular (although I agree SAO is great, I don't understand how Accel world can be so far behind it, maybe because of the main character).

Just finished reading the light novel 5 translated to english..

The worst part is that I feel extremely sad *almost depressed* when I finish a anime/serie that I really really like and accel world is one of these, makes me even more sad not being able to know how the story develops due to anime having stopped and having no translations for light novel 6-16
Old 2014-06-25, 08:36   Link #242
Ragecry

It's not like Accel won't ever get a season 2. Come on, it's been what, 2 years? What to say to Haruhi fans with 10+ years on the count waiting for a season 3? =P

It'll all come, in time.
Old 2014-06-25, 08:41   Link #243
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumusiko View Post
I believe they're busy with SAO hence why SAO season 2 comes out first , it has the priority since it also is far more popular (although I agree SAO is great, I don't understand how Accel world can be so far behind it, maybe because of the main character).

Just finished reading the light novel 5 translated to english..

The worst part is that I feel extremely sad *almost depressed* when I finish a anime/serie that I really really like and accel world is one of these, makes me even more sad not being able to know how the story develops due to anime having stopped and having no translations for light novel 6-16
SAO and AW animes are produced by different company.
Old 2014-06-25, 09:09   Link #244
sumusiko

Quote:
SAO and AW animes are produced by different company.
Still.

I've written this post on a similar forum, tell me what you think about it.

First of all, it's not unheard of an anime being revived years after the production stopped, it has happened to inuyasha and many other titles (can't think of more now but If you gave me 10 minutes I'd easily list 5 of them) and besides the anime ended less than 2 years ago, (it was released 2 years ago but took them a few months to actually release all the episodes + OVAS so its slightly less than 2 years) which isn't such a HUGE time frame when compared to many other animes that have been revived.

Yen Press at the end of 2013 (I believe it was around this time) bought the license for SAO and Accel World to translate the light novels to english. They bought SAO because it is super hyped and super famous, very good pick, but why would they pick Accel World when the anime died 2 years ago? Maybe they know that the anime will restart and as such their sales will also be boosted by it in America/Australia/Worldwide.

Kuroyukihime Shows up in "Dengeki Bunko" banner which is a anime convention in japan, along side with a few other anime characters like Asuna from SAO so this might be good news that they really are trying to revive, else why would they use a character from an anime that died 2 years ago when they could have used tons of other characters of which the series are still ongoing?

Banner:
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...12668526_n.jpg

About a week ago Accel World has been released in blueray in Australia, once again why release it in blueray which isn't even a very famous way to watch movies/series if the anime have died 2 years ago and there's no translations of the light novels to english yet?
Old 2014-06-25, 10:24   Link #245
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Still.

I've written this post on a similar forum, tell me what you think about it.

First of all, it's not unheard of an anime being revived years after the production stopped, it has happened to inuyasha and many other titles (can't think of more now but If you gave me 10 minutes I'd easily list 5 of them) and besides the anime ended less than 2 years ago, (it was released 2 years ago but took them a few months to actually release all the episodes + OVAS so its slightly less than 2 years) which isn't such a HUGE time frame when compared to many other animes that have been revived.

Yen Press at the end of 2013 (I believe it was around this time) bought the license for SAO and Accel World to translate the light novels to english. They bought SAO because it is super hyped and super famous, very good pick, but why would they pick Accel World when the anime died 2 years ago? Maybe they know that the anime will restart and as such their sales will also be boosted by it in America/Australia/Worldwide.

Kuroyukihime Shows up in "Dengeki Bunko" banner which is a anime convention in japan, along side with a few other anime characters like Asuna from SAO so this might be good news that they really are trying to revive, else why would they use a character from an anime that died 2 years ago when they could have used tons of other characters of which the series are still ongoing?

Banner:
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...12668526_n.jpg

About a week ago Accel World has been released in blueray in Australia, once again why release it in blueray which isn't even a very famous way to watch movies/series if the anime have died 2 years ago and there's no translations of the light novels to english yet?
While AW anime is still quite fresh and chance fir second season isn't actually very low (compare to many other series), the evidences you think of that can support the possibility of second season isn't really hint. Yen press had also licensed Toaru majutsu at the time they licensed AW which the series soon announced that its visualization projects is now coming to a periodical stop. (It is also the reason why the dengeki bunko exhibition poster source look less reliable than it originally is). And I don't think Japanese people really care a lot about oversea releases as most of the data they announce are local sale only and that also account for like 80-95% of income of their local businesses and oversea companies operate and license in their own plan independently which i believe the reason why AW get AU release is just because its does sell quite a number of discs in JP to show its profitability (around 1/3 of SAO?), and the theme also sound like what westerners would like. Light novel in english is a pretty tiny market that I don't think there'll be many if any significant for that
Old 2014-06-25, 10:44   Link #246
sumusiko

Quote:
While AW anime is still quite fresh and chance fir second season isn't actually very low (compare to many other series), the evidences you think of that can support the possibility of second season isn't really hint. Yen press had also licensed Toaru majutsu at the time they licensed AW which the series soon announced that its visualization projects is now coming to a periodical stop. (It is also the reason why the dengeki bunko exhibition poster source look less reliable than it originally is). And I don't think Japanese people really care a lot about oversea releases as most of the data they announce are local sale only and that also account for like 80-95% of income of their local businesses and oversea companies operate and license in their own plan independently which i believe the reason why AW get AU release is just because its does sell quite a number of discs in JP to show its profitability (around 1/3 of SAO?), and the theme also sound like what westerners would like. Light novel in english is a pretty tiny market that I don't think there'll be many if any significant for that
Hmm I see, It still seems to be too much publicity/marketing for an anime that has stopped being produced, but I'm not too much into anime marketing and how frequent these things happen so I can't say for sure.

Anyways, in your opinion how likely do you think it is that accel world will have a second season?
Old 2014-06-25, 11:01   Link #247
Ragecry

20/10

It's rare for an anime to die with only one season, considering how Accel World has more story to tell.

Even Nyarlko-San had a second season dude =)
Old 2014-06-25, 11:17   Link #248
sumusiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragecry View Post
20/10

It's rare for an anime to die with only one season, considering how Accel World has more story to tell.

Even Nyarlko-San had a second season dude =)
Thank god I'm not the only one with hope. I'm already growing "too" old to watch anime but I don't even care, my girlfriend doesn't mind that I watch it either so I'm sure that if it really does come true I'll watch it all even if it takes 10 years to finish the whole series I believe theres a lot of anime that are written towards older aged people and not only towards teens.

(18 going for 19 in 6 months ^^)
Old 2014-06-25, 12:44   Link #249
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Hmm I see, It still seems to be too much publicity/marketing for an anime that has stopped being produced, but I'm not too much into anime marketing and how frequent these things happen so I can't say for sure.

Anyways, in your opinion how likely do you think it is that accel world will have a second season?
I think it is still more 'likely' for AW to get a season 2 than the otherwise, but i think its priority might be quite low if they are really to do so and might even be switch from plan to none just by scheduling or such..?
Old 2014-06-25, 13:26   Link #250
sumusiko

Quote:
I think it is still more 'likely' for AW to get a season 2 than the otherwise, but i think its priority might be quite low if they are really to do so and might even be switch from plan to none just by scheduling or such..?
Well I guess we can only hope and wait if nothing is announced by december this year I'll be extremely sad :c
Old 2014-06-25, 20:07   Link #251
sumusiko

Although knowing that even at the novel #16 the relationship between kuro and haru still hasn't changed a single bit is a huge turn off
Old 2014-07-06, 03:02   Link #252
c933103
FTNR

On AX 2014, Reki said he would like to see AW season 2 to be produced as soon as possible, but because Sunrise Studio 8 is fully occupied with Love Live, which have the most sellable anime volume release in the century and projected to be the most sellable anime volume release ever in the history and with its mobile game registered by more than 3 million users before its multilingual release, as a result, Sunrise side don't have enough resource to produce AW season 2. Miki said they also have a high desire to produce a season 2 for AW.

Note: sunrise studio 8 is the part in sunrise that responsible for series simmilar to love live, horizon in the middle of nowhere, accel world and such.

When fans ask about why don't find A1-P who produced SAO with similar setting, editor Miki respond that A1-P is also very busy. but when he made the respond, three guests on stage burst into laugh.

Japanese Source link: http://yusaani.com/news/2014/07/06/8626/

Alt. summary of what being mentioned in AX2014 in English: http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...o_panel_at_ax/

Last edited by c933103; 2014-07-06 at 03:32.
Old 2014-07-06, 04:29   Link #253
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

No wonder Love Live takes priority. With theses insane selling you can't expect a studio to divide its workforce with another series.
Old 2014-07-06, 10:04   Link #254
sumusiko

Quote:
On AX 2014, Reki said he would like to see AW season 2 to be produced as soon as possible, but because Sunrise Studio 8 is fully occupied with Love Live, which have the most sellable anime volume release in the century and projected to be the most sellable anime volume release ever in the history and with its mobile game registered by more than 3 million users before its multilingual release, as a result, Sunrise side don't have enough resource to produce AW season 2. Miki said they also have a high desire to produce a season 2 for AW.

Note: sunrise studio 8 is the part in sunrise that responsible for series simmilar to love live, horizon in the middle of nowhere, accel world and such.

When fans ask about why don't find A1-P who produced SAO with similar setting, editor Miki respond that A1-P is also very busy. but when he made the respond, three guests on stage burst into laugh.

Japanese Source link: http://yusaani.com/news/2014/07/06/8626/

Alt. summary of what being mentioned in AX2014 in English: http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...o_panel_at_ax/

Not even sure if that's good news or not, already confirms the suspicion that season 2 will come out but also means it will take quite a while since they aren't even planing to start anytime soon + the time it takes to produce the episodes >.<.

PS: Why did the guests burst into laugh?
Old 2014-07-06, 13:28   Link #255
Miraluka
Banned

I'm curious about them laughing.
Old 2014-07-06, 17:06   Link #256
sumusiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I'm curious about them laughing.
ye same, not sure why they were laughing xD

Either way, hope is not dead and I'm sure we'll see AW season 2 sometime in the upcoming year
Old 2014-10-08, 23:06   Link #257
qepsilonp

Well...

Quote:
ye same, not sure why they were laughing xD

Either way, hope is not dead and I'm sure we'll see AW season 2 sometime in the upcoming year
I think there is a chance that we could get a 2015 release, it doesn't look like sunrise will be doing a Love Live season 3 in 2015 because there doing a movie and there are no other projects yet announced for 2015 considering Sunrise studio 8 usually has the ability to put out about 27 episodes worth of animation per year.

With a movie that is about an hour which is the equivalent of 3 episodes~ means they maybe could have enough room to animate accel world with the remaining 24~ episodes of animation. This however could be a new IP or something like that but I think there are pretty fair reasons to think that it will be accel world for.

I think there are two reasons 1 is that Love live is super popular as we all know so they would obviously want to milk the s*** out of that as fast as possible but it looks like they have ran out of source material.

2 is that Putting Accel World and SAO on at the same time is a really bad idea for Sunrise because weather you like it or not SAO is twice as popular as Accel world and there is a cross over in viewer ship which means there is a cross over in the people who will buy the blu rays and why risk losing any sales because they wanted to buy SAO rather than Accel world.

Its much better to wait until SAO has blown over and put it up then so 2015 is the prefect time and 2016 is too late because SAO season 3 will probably be out by then and Love Live season 3 will be out by then also. Not only is it perfect because its something to make a little money while your big money maker has a movie while the more source material comes out and they know they can make a decent profit with Accel World from a business stand point it would make perfect scene.

And Sunrise is a business after all so if they are going to do it 2015 is the time and if they don't do it in 2015 I really have little hope that it will happen. So the second an announcement gets made for 2015 from studio 8 for something that is not Accel world then I personally am giving up on the idea because there isn't a more perfect time for it.

Although Volume 8 which is where the anime would probably end it gets rather cliffy too cliffy although there are no more short stories apart from Verses so we maybe could get though 9

Spoiler for Volume 8 LN Ending:

Last edited by qepsilonp; 2014-10-08 at 23:30.
Old 2014-10-08, 23:31   Link #258
Pablete
Banned

There won't be Love Live 3 as the group was disbanded in the anime due to 3 members graduating from school.

Unless the movie brings up a continuation WITH the same members.
Old 2014-10-09, 12:35   Link #259
c933103
FTNR

btw, I saw on 2ch that people are reporting from the back of AW Vol.17 there are, a SAOP preview as expected (which would be releasie by the December 2014), but there are also words saying Absolute Solitude 2 will be release by the time of Spring 2015, which should mean the next novel after SAOP3 would be Absolute Solitude 2 and we have to wait for at least 6 more months for AW to release vol18 if conventions are to be followed.
Old 2014-12-27, 18:05   Link #260
shadow of the day

Whe publish the left episode of the LN
Closed Thread