AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-11, 22:12   Link #4801
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

IMO Touma punching Mikoto is weird... But if he is saving her and it's the only apparent way to do so... who cares? I mean you could get mad if you argue it's just an excuse for him to hurt a girl, but if he's saving her by doing this I don't see why you would complain...
Old 2013-08-11, 22:22   Link #4802
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He seems to reserve punches for people who seriously need a punch. He doesn't HAVE to punch her to save her, just touch her.
Old 2013-08-11, 22:26   Link #4803
ellifeedn
Thinker

Have Touma punch the brain.
Old 2013-08-11, 22:28   Link #4804
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It seems that people have forgotten how he saved Index....

Or even how Fuze=Kazakiri was resolved...
Old 2013-08-12, 00:02   Link #4805
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

he finds ways remember, he can think
Old 2013-08-12, 00:43   Link #4806
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It seems that people have forgotten how he saved Index....

Or even how Fuze=Kazakiri was resolved...
That was what I was thinking of actually. Given how he had to save Index
Spoiler for Index season I:
he might have to more than just touch Mikoto to save her.

Anyway, I feel like it would be necessary to punch her if he can't calm her down... also... why are you guys assuming that this much power could be so easily negated by IB... To my knowledge... what we call awakened power isn't exactly negated...

From the light novels,
Spoiler for Index season III or IV:

I think that if Touma does do something to Mikoto, then it would be funny to see her friends get the wrong idea and attack him and then try to keep him away from her from then on even if she refuses

After all, she wouldn't be able to even explain what power he has... *sigh* If Touma does fight now, I predict that Gensei either A. will notice IB's power and/or B. Die for messing around with Aleister's plans and learning anything.

Quick Question:
Spoiler for Railgun LA City arc:

I can't really tell, but assume that from what Sumeragi said it is most likely different.

Lastly, I'm still wondering why this had to be done to Mikoto rather than someone else or some other level 5... I mean I realize that she is the third strongest, but Gensei had planned for this in advance. (seemingly). He wanted Mitori not to let Mikoto be hurt at all costs... I don't think it's because of the Misaka network link to her because the power that she got seems to be from the i -district . Though I would understand why Gensei wouldn't want to make Shokuhou even stronger... that would be scary
Old 2013-08-12, 01:13   Link #4807
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post

I think that if Touma does do something to Mikoto, then it would be funny to see her friends get the wrong idea and attack him and then try to keep him away from her from then on even if she refuses
Kuroko's jealousy gets reawakened...? And so her love for her Oneesama becomes renewed...!

Old 2013-08-12, 01:26   Link #4808
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Quick Question:
Spoiler for Railgun LA City arc:

I can't really tell, but assume that from what Sumeragi said it is most likely different.

Lastly, I'm still wondering why this had to be done to Mikoto rather than someone else or some other level 5... I mean I realize that she is the third strongest, but Gensei had planned for this in advance. (seemingly). He wanted Mitori not to let Mikoto be hurt at all costs... I don't think it's because of the Misaka network link to her because the power that she got seems to be from the i -district . Though I would understand why Gensei wouldn't want to make Shokuhou even stronger... that would be scary
Her wings in LA City were just water vapor and used a scientific principle for propulsion (can't currently remember the term). So yeah thats totally different than what happened in this chapter.

The only thing I can think of about Mikoto that could make it have to be her is that as the original, she is compatable with the network. Even if what she is linked to and is giving her power is imaginary heaven, it has to be being funneled through the network or he would have had no need for exterior and the clone, and considering Kakine's inferiority complex, he would probably have happily volunteered.
Old 2013-08-12, 06:18   Link #4809
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Have Touma punch the brain.
No Touma Punch on the super-massive brain! Cause Touma knows nothing about the Exterior other than Misaki! Touma is NOT a Gary Stu that one thinks he's Mr. Know-It-All, get it?!

By the way, I'm expecting Touma could save Mikoto in other ways instead of punching. Or perhaps Touma would help Misaki from Gensei's HAX in order to sabotage the Exterior as an attempt to weaken the 'Awakening' first before he go straight to save Mikoto, just in case.

Last edited by Xero8420; 2013-08-12 at 09:20. Reason: typo
Old 2013-08-12, 08:33   Link #4810
Shinhwa
Banned

More relationship flag between Touma x Mikoto go go go!
Old 2013-08-12, 09:33   Link #4811
Candyshark

As if Mikoto in "that" attire will just let her tap over the shoulder by Touma casually. Besides I thought fans want a good sincere fight between MIkoto and Touman. It would be interesting to see how conflicted he will act.

P.S: Common Misaki, it is your perfect chance to make BiriBiri yours!
Old 2013-08-12, 09:42   Link #4812
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
As if Mikoto in "that" attire will just let her tap over the shoulder by Touma casually. Besides I thought fans want a good sincere fight between MIkoto and Touman. It would be interesting to see how conflicted he will act.

P.S: Common Misaki, it is your perfect chance to make BiriBiri yours!
Please elaborate this in details.
Old 2013-08-12, 09:59   Link #4813
Shinhwa
Banned

3-some between Touma x Mikoto x Misaki go go go? (I already see like 4 doujinshi that has this in C84 XD)
Old 2013-08-12, 10:01   Link #4814
Miraluka
Banned

Of course, Touma might accidentally destroy Exterior, you know...

Quote:
Touma and 'conflicted' can't go together unless cheap food sales are invoved.
Old 2013-08-12, 10:11   Link #4815
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Of course, Touma might accidentally destroy Exterior, you know...
Then... a big facepalm will be expecting from us for this one.
Old 2013-08-12, 10:34   Link #4816
Shinhwa
Banned

But didn't NT7 say Exterior was no longer used or something?
Old 2013-08-12, 14:07   Link #4817
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

There is no mention of Exterior of in NT 7
Old 2013-08-12, 16:56   Link #4818
Candyshark

I just would like to see Misaki to show her powers against more than mere mob characters. As manga readers we didn't see her "fight" a worthy oppenent. And it would be more intriguing to see how she would handle where she isn't pulling the strings rather see Touma's panacea.

If Touma punches Mikoto without a moment of hesitation I officially resign myself as BiriBirixTouman shipper.
Old 2013-08-12, 17:00   Link #4819
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
If Touma punches Mikoto without a moment of hesitation I officially resign myself as BiriBirixTouman shipper.
I would cry in the corner after seeing such blasphemy ;_____;
Old 2013-08-13, 05:29   Link #4820
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
Oh you guys. At least try to pay attention to Touma's character. Touma only punches the opponent if they are in clear need of punishment in his eyes. Mikoto does not appear to be in control of herself so his character wouldn't allow himself to punch her. It is similar to index in volume 1.

Tags
fantasy, shounen