AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 14 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 28.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 21.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-30, 11:31   Link #41
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Accelerator is vile. Absolutely vile. I'll give them credit for making a character that's pretty much impossible to like. They've succeeded there.
look out for all those power hungry people in other anime's then
although Accelerator would kill millions of people just to get more power...isnt that what insatiable-hunger is about?
At least....he's cool

lol I give up on the fire part....even if some reality is in it, doesnt all have to make sense
SwiftStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 12:11   Link #42
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu View Post
By fufilling these 5 requirements:
1) Having a combustible dust
2) Having the dust is suspended in the air at a proper concentration
3) Having is an oxidant (typically atmospheric oxygen);
4) Confining the dust
5) Providing and ignition source

Courtesy of Wikipedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
2 is... somewhat doubtful.
I have no idea about 1, 5
The outside is as confined as the sky is green.
ah... I thought about it... I lost...
@serenade_beta

All the 5 factors were true and possible in the episode because:

1. Wheat flour while maybe a mundane material, can also be a dangerous material when large amount are gather in a single space.

2. Accelerator just destroy several steel container fill with flour, hence a large amount of dust around him and Toma. Furthermore there was no wind during that night hence that dust stay suspended in the air for some time. Ofcourse Accelerator could have also control the dust to stay there.

3. There in an open space with air around them.

4. Remember, he can control anything he touches hence controlling the dust to stay there.

5. The trigger for the explosion is the dust particles themselves. If everyone remembers E=MC2 in physics, then you how this works. Basically what Accelerator did was cause a huge Kinetic friction by making all of the dust particles hitting each which everyone knows for every action there is a reaction, which in this case causing the dust particles to make a spark.

Now combine the fact that Accelerator was making all the dust to "spark"at the same time + large amount of oxygen at the area = A huge fiery explosion.

Hope that explain it for you and those who didn't bother to have learn a basic understanding of Physics or watching Mythbusters.
Old 2008-12-30, 12:15   Link #43
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
4. Remember, he can control anything he touches hence controlling the dust to stay there.
He's not touching the dust--or at least, only a very little bit is physically touching/close to him.
Old 2008-12-30, 12:36   Link #44
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
He's not touching the dust--or at least, only a very little bit is physically touching/close to him.
That doesn´t seems to make a difference... Look at this stunt with the rails!
It seems as long Accelator acknowledges that the objects he touches as one being, he can influence the entire object.

Well, but on the other you must wonder, why then he doesn´t simply creates extreme air waves to smash his opponents in pieces.
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 13:35   Link #45
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
That doesn´t seems to make a difference... Look at this stunt with the rails!
He was touching the rails. The rails were solid, physically-connected objects. Dust is not; separate dust particles floating in the air. Otherwise, the "anything he touches" limitation is meaningless, and Accelerator can just Force-crush opponents at arbitrary distances, since he's touching the air.

Accelerator's power is broken, but surely not that much...
Old 2008-12-30, 13:37   Link #46
Solafighter
Hige

This series would process a lot more, if they would less talking and more action.

But well, then this series would have round about now its final episode.
Old 2008-12-30, 15:58   Link #47
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
He was touching the rails. The rails were solid, physically-connected objects. Dust is not; separate dust particles floating in the air. Otherwise, the "anything he touches" limitation is meaningless, and Accelerator can just Force-crush opponents at arbitrary distances, since he's touching the air.

Accelerator's power is broken, but surely not that much...
Mhm, everything is somehow physically-connected...

But I think, you are right, because the amount of different vectors would be absurdly big, too.

But who knows... Maybe this would happen, if Accelator will reach Level 6!
Old 2008-12-30, 16:56   Link #48
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

maybe there will be people with even more rigged powers (havent read manga yet...)
but somehow work with the physics
SwiftStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 18:32   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

^And why are you telling us this? This is the episode 13 thread, not the thread to talk about what Accelerator does in the future.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 18:34   Link #50
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
^And why are you telling us this? This is the episode 13 thread, not the thread to talk about what Accelerator does in the future.
I am sorry, it was just because of this discussion, if Accelerator could manipulate gases or not. Well, also we saw it already in the preview.
Old 2008-12-30, 18:36   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Accelerator is vile. Absolutely vile. I'll give them credit for making a character that's pretty much impossible to like. They've succeeded there.
I didn't mind him, though he seriously needs to work on his very weak evil laugh.

Quote:
I am sorry, it was just because of this discussion, if Accelerator could manipulate gases or not. Well, also we saw it already in the preview.
It's good that you're sorry, though could you please delete your spoiler?
Old 2008-12-30, 18:41   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It's okay, just a simple mistake (plus, not a spoiler to me regardless).
But, yeah, delete your spoiler.
We saw something in the preview, but it's not like anyone knows what it is just by the looks of it with no explanation.

PS, Accelerator is no bishounen......

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 19:23   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
PS, Accelerator is no bishounen......
Far from it.
Old 2008-12-30, 21:08   Link #54
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

This anime has got me lost. Was it about learning about magic? No...Was it about protecting Index from evil mages? No. Was it about going on missions from the Church? No. This serie keeps making so many turns I don't understand what it's about.

Anyway, this episode my opinion of Toma fell down the drain. To help Misaka and MISAKA is very noble, but to face Accelerator head on knowing he's much stronger with no plan and not even using his own power is boderline retarded. After Accelerator got close to Toma, Toma should have taken this opportunity to grab him with his right arm and cancel vector change. I'm guessing that having fought using only his power, Accelerator must be physically weak. Just hold his arm while using imagine breaker and beat him to a pulp.

And for a serie named after her, Index is getting very few scenes. I hope they get back on track or else I'll lose interest very quickly.
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 21:19   Link #55
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Darklightz, I would advice you to stop being index fan as simply it is Touma and not Index that is the main thing. Despite it looking like Index is the main heroine she is more like a main supporting character.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 23:13   Link #56
Le Anh

Quote:
Just hold his arm while using imagine breaker and beat him to a pulp.
I think you are underestimate Accelerator hax power. Remember that he can control vector of everything that touch him (or his "deflect aura"), not just what he touch by his arm. And Imagine Breaker is not power-sealing ability, which mean holding AC arm won't affect his vector changing much.
Le Anh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 23:39   Link #57
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Anh View Post
I think you are underestimate Accelerator hax power. Remember that he can control vector of everything that touch him (or his "deflect aura"), not just what he touch by his arm. And Imagine Breaker is not power-sealing ability, which mean holding AC arm won't affect his vector changing much.
True. Furthermore, the free arm that he's using to punch Accelerator will be effected by Accelerator powers. Thus he's screw.

In related note:
Spoiler for Possible spoiler:
Old 2008-12-30, 23:59   Link #58
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
True. Furthermore, the free arm that he's using to punch Accelerator will be effected by Accelerator powers. Thus he's screw.

In related note:
Spoiler for Possible spoiler:
dude, teleportation has no vector values... its teleportation... and you do not need to teleport people to space, just teleport stuff inside of him

and i think when touma touches accelerator he cant use his abilities since mikoto cant generate electricity when touma touches her . touma hax > accelerator hax
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 00:06   Link #59
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
and i think when touma touches accelerator he cant use his abilities since mikoto cant generate electricity when touma touches her . touma hax > accelerator hax
That was in the Railgun manga, which also had Touma stopping Mikoto's railgun (which shouldn't be possible). Hence, that is not a reliable example.

But even that aside, in that scene, Mikoto had been planning on shocking Touma through her hand, which was holding his. Maybe if she had shocked him with her other hand (or called down lightning), it would have worked. Or not. Touma's hand might actually prevent any esper from using their power if the hand is touching that esper's body. I'm doubtful, but I don't think we have enough information at this point.
Old 2008-12-31, 02:20   Link #60
Cight

The most obvious way of killing the Accelerator is to shoot him in the eye. No skin, no vector ability. Or Nerve gas him. And teleportation would definitely kill him as there is no movement involved and it is instantaneous. Meaning, unless that teleportation girl is level 5, the whole level thing is rubbish. It depends on exactly what your ability is and whether you have the brains to use it properly (which Touma does have). Also the Alchemist could also beat the Accelerator.

The fight in this episode should already be over. Touma had the perfect opportunity to inflict game over damage when he surprised him by slapping his hand aside.
Cight is offline   Reply With Quote