AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-11, 06:50   Link #1201
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
It's definitely a movie made for people who were already fans of the game and anime with an understanding of the Holy Grail War IMO.

That said I didn't mind it.

It was nice to see some scenes animated - particularly the fights! - and just as enjoyable seeing seeing some old favourites again.

Saber under the rain coat anyone? ;D

Overall worthy of a watch but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

If anything it makes me want to play the game again...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 16:11   Link #1202
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Yamato View Post
I thought they did pretty good, so good I ended up making an AMV on it:
Spoiler for UBW New Divide:

If they end up making more I'll be gladly watching the others. Though maybe they should have made it a little longer since they pretty much did an entire arc within and hour and a half.
People still do AMV's? Even worse a Linkin Park song, why is it that even before clicking on that it I had a feeling it was going to be a Linkin Park song.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 18:10   Link #1203
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

The video itself very good. I would have chose a different song though. This reminds me of Transformers, lol.
Old 2010-10-12, 00:39   Link #1204
GlancingReverse

From the skimming of the movie that I've done, I can say that it's decent, although it really could be misunderstood if you didn't know about the source material.
GlancingReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 19:17   Link #1205
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Managed to watch it. Bit dissapointed, was expecting epic Shirou x Rin

The over the top invincibility of Shirou was kind of off-putting too. Plus the general nitpicks of why certain scenes were not animated etc.

Last edited by liquidmetal; 2010-10-12 at 20:03.
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 20:14   Link #1206
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Shirou wasn't invincible though. If Gil wanted, he could have chained him up and finished him off with Ea (that's what his main weapon is called, right?). He was just in shock and awe.
Old 2010-10-12, 22:12   Link #1207
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

there are 3 reasons that i can remember why shirou was able to defeat gil which the movie for the most part skipped
Spoiler for game spoilers:
Old 2010-10-12, 22:26   Link #1208
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

I doubt Gil would ever be worried about mana. He could probably go through it like water.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 04:18   Link #1209
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

not if he plans on using enuma elish. plus he had been using gate of babylon an absurd amount. even saber runs low on mana. and caster was constantly accumulating mana. she would be the on to least worry about it. remember the grail doesn't summon them perfectly they're not as strong as they were in real life.
Old 2010-10-13, 05:58   Link #1210
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest I don't think Gilgamesh was even that great of a swordsman. The only reason he could beat Saber was because he had such ridiculously powerful Noble Phantasms. And Shirou did trace Caliburn.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 06:59   Link #1211
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Caliburn holds no value in the anime. They choose it because of it's looks. I wonder if the writers even know that there is a visual novel.
Old 2010-10-13, 07:00   Link #1212
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

you don't become the king of heroes with out having the skill to back it up.
Old 2010-10-13, 07:10   Link #1213
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimiko Khan View Post
not if he plans on using enuma elish. plus he had been using gate of babylon an absurd amount. even saber runs low on mana. and caster was constantly accumulating mana. she would be the on to least worry about it. remember the grail doesn't summon them perfectly they're not as strong as they were in real life.
He also doesn't need as much mana as a normal Servant what with his physical body, and he's been om-nom-nomming on those orphans below the church for a decade. He probably has enough mana built up for a long, long time.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 07:13   Link #1214
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Shirou is just that bad ass, that's all there is to it. We never even saw his defensive blades, so he could have kept going more too.

On a side note, I wish there were more Shirou x Rin moments.
Old 2010-10-13, 07:48   Link #1215
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up Just saw it.

First thing is that this movie deserves all 10/10 on all fronts! It was amazing in every form. Some comments on some parts..............
WTF and WTF and WTF Japan!
Spoiler:

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/711b357a.gif
This was the most disturbing part ever! I had to pause all this, go to the bathroom to puke like a number of time, run for like 15 minutes and got my heart hurting like it never did before. Seriously I must be even nuts to have made a GIF of this part but someone had to do it to remind people of the most insane thing even in this movie. But you know what? In the end it was well worth it because the shit ass SOB got what he deserved here=>

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/8189b114.gif
Damn glad he did! I was cheering like I never did while thinking "Illyasviel, your death is avenged.....R.I.P." Damn it was hard and even now my heart hurts.
Anyways in other parts of my thoughts the first thing that came to my attention is how amazing the blood gush was of Shirou. Damn it was amazingly shown. The monsters at the school were also incredibly well done here. It was mouth watering goodness.

I had my jaw dropped at how the quality is superior to even anime these days.
Another surprising thing was that Rider got killed by Caster here and gruesome death.....head severed. Whereas in the TV series it was Saber who killed Rider....interesting change. Obviously this is a key concept for people not to freak out and I know Shirou's case was seeing the results of the Holy Grail war and its victims it left. Another crazy turn around was when Archer slashed Shirou in the back suddenly. I was like WTH are you doing Archer? That was crazy part. Another shocker was this! WTH, a dagger of Caster that can nullify all contracts with the servant and make them hers? WTH seriously. Yet another shocker was when Shirou put himself in front of Rin to stop Saber's sword from slashing her. Kid got amazing guts! It was right after already being injured by Archer's slash. Just amazing person Shirou is.

City view was glorious here! Another surprise was when Saber accepted another pact. WTH? How can that be even? I though the pact was to return to its original owner. Oh what! What a twist! Saber takes Rin as her master! What? What? I was O_O because in the TV series Rin always wanted Saber as her partner. WTH happened in this movie. As if this was not enough Archer proclaims he is the ideals of Shirou? Oh what a surprise! What a amazing revelation! He even claims at the end that he is Shirou himself somehow by having a similar appearance to him. Kirei made Lancer kill himself? WTF

Seriously lots of WTF and WTH all around but it was surprising he would do that to his servant. Major twist was Lancer still had enough power to stab Kirei back......now that was surprising also. Another amazing twist was Shirou actually succeeding in stabbing Archer with a copy of his own sword! Wow and that fight between them was so EPIC! Epic over 9000! Just wow! I mean something like this! Just beautiful! Well that was interesting remark here by Rin. Logical enough. I kind of did not understand the end but I assume Shirou did somehow get in love with Rin at school but in the end left for the wastelands to face his fate? After which he somehow becomes Archer the Heroic hero? Someone explain me the end please because I wished more of Rin x Shirou end instead. BTW Archer's arrow in the beginning was insane with A-bomb blast!

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-10-13 at 08:22.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 07:57   Link #1216
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Did you have to post such a big image of Illya like that? I think I lost another part of my heart.

And the blood was really over done. I really want to know what goes through their heads when they decide to make the blood like limitless gravy. The only good part was the blood coming out of the heart. Everything else was too much.
Old 2010-10-13, 08:05   Link #1217
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

When I saw Ilya's aortic arterial blood spray, my first impression was of the bad endings to the School Days VN.

Not a good association in my book.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 08:25   Link #1218
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Did you have to post such a big image of Illya like that? I think I lost another part of my heart.
I know, I am sorry friend I spoiler it and should have known it would be too much of a shock. Me too I lost a lot during all this......had to pause the movie for well over 30 minutes to cool down.....and took lots of guts to make that GIF. Damn.

Quote:
And the blood was really over done. I really want to know what goes through their heads when they decide to make the blood like limitless gravy. The only good part was the blood coming out of the heart. Everything else was too much.
Yeah I know way too much but it was never too much with Gilgamesh dying. I would rather has seen him being decapitated but oh well still satisfied after all the shit he did to poor Illya.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-13, 08:43   Link #1219
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I had my jaw dropped at how the quality is superior to even anime these days. Another surprising thing was that Rider got killed by Caster here and gruesome death.....head severed. Whereas in the TV series it was Saber who killed Rider....interesting change. Obviously this is a key concept for people not to freak out and I know Shirou's case was seeing the results of the Holy Grail war and its victims it left. Another crazy turn around was when Archer slashed Shirou in the back suddenly. I was like WTH are you doing Archer? That was crazy part. Another shocker was this! WTH, a dagger of Caster that can nullify all contracts with the servant and make them hers? WTH seriously. Yet another shocker was when Shirou put himself in front of Rin to stop Saber's sword from slashing her. Kid got amazing guts! It was right after already being injured by Archer's slash. Just amazing person Shirou is.
Remember, jumping in front of the girl to save her is pivotal to winning her over. Especially if she is a tsundere.
Quote:
City view was glorious here! Another surprise was when Saber accepted another pact. WTH? How can that be even? I though the pact was to return to its original owner. Oh what! What a twist! Saber takes Rin as her master! What? What? I was O_O because in the TV series Rin always wanted Saber as her partner. WTH happened in this movie. As if this was not enough Archer proclaims he is the ideals of Shirou? Oh what a surprise! What a amazing revelation! He even claims at the end that he is Shirou himself somehow by having a similar appearance to him. Kirei made Lancer kill himself? WTF
Masters can have different Servants and vice versa. If a Master A and Servant B are killed, then Master B can make a pact with Servant A. So Rin taking Saber as her new servant is okay. I think the rule is one Servant per Master. Caster broke all the rules, lol.

Quote:
Seriously lots of WTF and WTH all around but it was surprising he would do that to his servant. Major twist was Lancer still had enough power to stab Kirei back......now that was surprising also. Another amazing twist was Shirou actually succeeding in stabbing Archer with a copy of his own sword! Wow and that fight between them was so EPIC! Epic over 9000! Just wow! I mean something like this! Just beautiful! Well that was interesting remark here by Rin. Logical enough. I kind of did not understand the end but I assume Shirou did somehow get in love with Rin at school but in the end left for the wastelands to face his fate? After which he somehow becomes Archer the Heroic hero?
Archer is a Future Shirou. Servants are heroes summoned from the past, present, and future. Masters often summon them with catalysts. The gem that Rin used to save Shirou was what connected her to Archer, it was her catalyst. Even if she didn't want it, lol. Heroic Spirit EMIYA is not the Shirou we see in UBW. Shirou will stay on the right path because he has Rin.

Play the VN, it's all in there. I left a lot out because I don't want to spoil it for you. I think they explained the catalyst thing in the TV series, well, it's not a plot spoiler, it's factual Grail War stuff.

[quote]Someone explain me the end please because I wished more of Rin x Shirou end instead.[quote]What was confusing about the end? They went on with their lives together. Lucky bastard.

Quote:
BTW Archer's arrow in the beginning was insane with A-bomb blast!
That explosion was way too big. He was way to far away and the blast was way too big. Anime exaggeration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Yeah I know way too much but it was never too much with Gilgamesh dying. I would rather has seen him being decapitated but oh well still satisfied after all the shit he did to poor Illya.
He did lose an arm.
Old 2010-10-13, 09:52   Link #1220
GDB

Quote:
That explosion was way too big. He was way to far away and the blast was way too big. Anime exaggeration.
Plus if I recall in the VN, the arrow didn't just land in the general area and explode. I seem to recall it striking Berserker in the temple.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote