AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-05, 03:34   Link #841
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
So I was re-reading the scene in Vol 4 where Tigre and Mira are penned in, thoroughly exhausted and about to die.. And the Knights of Brune arrive and fight their way through to Tigre and bow before him, and he tears up and says: "..You came.."

Damn if I didn't start tearing up some manly tears while on the subway into work..

Reply hazy, through.. the sweat of my heart
It happens to me when I was reading volume five when Batran died
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 09:46   Link #842
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
It happens to me when I was reading volume five when Batran died
But as from what I had heard before reading the volume, I was expecting something much more spectacular rather than just a flash of black jet/dragon/tornado.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 22:16   Link #843
Eijigawa
Half-assed Nightmare~

Madan no Ou to Vanadis Vol. 6

The upcoming volume 6 is scheduled to be released on 25th January 2013!

Source: MadanNoOuToVanadis
Eijigawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 05:27   Link #844
kazzuya13

1 1/2 month to go then before the released of the six volume
Old 2012-12-06, 10:15   Link #845
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post

Cool A long wait
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 21:43   Link #846
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post

dawww thought it was gonna be in December T_T ah well will be a nice new years gift

Any idea if it's the manga artist or usual novel artist doing drawings for this volume ?_?
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 02:40   Link #847
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
dawww thought it was gonna be in December T_T ah well will be a nice new years gift

Any idea if it's the manga artist or usual novel artist doing drawings for this volume ?_?
Well the Getchu site say よし☆ヲ is the artist, so I'm guessing the usual novel artist? Unless ofc it's just not updated or something like that <3
Old 2012-12-07, 07:07   Link #848
kazzuya13

I get the feeling that this will end the same as the folklore. For example Tigre will die at the same place and time as Ellen.
Old 2012-12-07, 18:12   Link #849
Ghanw
(-_-)

I know there was a post about the folklore, but could someone tell the story of it (just the main pointsof the folklore).
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 00:51   Link #850
Insane
Banned

I think the folklore where this series based from is barely recognizable as for now, even in Europe. I once tried using full power of my PC for google searching and the result was zero
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 01:13   Link #851
Kioras

Read the translations, pretty good story, however it was hurt by a few things.

The illustrations do not do service to the seriousness of the volumes and the fights, they seem out of place, since they concentrate mostly on fanservice portions. The designs, stressing the cuteness of the characters is also a disservice to the author. I think it would look better with pictures similar to the more realistic, gritty style, somewhat similar to the volume art for Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.

The fanservice portions of the story seem a bit tacked on, out of place again with the rest of the story, almost directed just for the target audence and crammed inbetween somehow, between the politics/warfare.

Otherwise the stories were an interesting light quick read.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 01:50   Link #852
Insane
Banned

Too many "balloons" all over the place, eh? I felt the same thing as well, buddy.
Old 2012-12-08, 06:08   Link #853
kazzuya13

They attracted the readers through the illustration and once they read it they will be hooked on the story instead. It is just basic market strategy.
Old 2012-12-08, 12:05   Link #854
Ghanw
(-_-)

It's true that it is a basic market strategy, but think about now days there are so many manga/LN out there that the author has to find a way to get the audience's attention. It is like going into a restaurant the outside looks decent, has good food versus a restaurant that looks gorgeous outside attracting attention with good food, which one would you choose?
Sorry for the analogy that doesn't work out well but it's the pnly one I could come up with. ( sitting inside a restaurant right now).
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 12:29   Link #855
arekwibowo
Banned

Light novels have changed into total shit in recent years.

They’ve become an endless series of proxy stories, self inserted into by loser Otaku and NEETs. Light Novels, and their exploitation of the basest of urges, have become a well-oiled machine. Light Novels have changed. Generic Gary Stu heroes carry over powered Gary Stu weapons, wearing dark and edgy Gary Stu gear. The wish fulfillment inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Harem control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Light Novels changed. The age of bold characters and interesting plots has become the age of predictable self insert masturbation fantasy. All in the name of averting catastrophe from the the NEETS. And he who controls the LN market, controls the anime adaptation. Light Novels have changed. When the industry is under total control, shitty self insert stories… become routine. Light novels…. have changed.

Since the dawn of literature, when our ancestors first discovered the enlightened path with pen and paper, ink has been spilled in the name of everything, from Gary Stus, to harems, to simple masturbatory urges.

In the year 2012, after a millenia of written conflict, the destructive nature of the animu industry could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of shitty adaptations, and otaku fandom.

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the industry. Instead, the apocalypse was just the prologue to another bloody chapter of animu history. For otakus had succeeded in destroying the world.

The rise of Gary Stus and Harem kings has been steady of the last decade. For we have lost much in the times of competent and deep characters due to Otakus and NEETS given a protagonist which they can fantasize living their lives. Unfortunately in the anime industry, these people are the ones who are buying everything, this is the prodominent market and thus creators and LN has shifted their focus to these type of stories just to stay afloat.
arekwibowo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 12:37   Link #856
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by arekwibowo View Post

They’ve become an endless series of proxy stories, self inserted into by loser Otaku and NEETs. Light Novels, and their exploitation of the basest of urges, have become a well-oiled machine. Light Novels have changed. Generic Gary Stu heroes carry over powered Gary Stu weapons, wearing dark and edgy Gary Stu gear. The wish fulfillment inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities. Genetic control. Information control. Emotion control. Harem control.

Everything is monitored, and kept under control. Light Novels changed. The age of bold characters and interesting plots has become the age of predictable self insert masturbation fantasy. All in the name of averting catastrophe from the the NEETS. And he who controls the LN market, controls the anime adaptation. Light Novels have changed. When the industry is under total control, shitty self insert stories… become routine. Light novels…. have changed.

Since the dawn of literature, when our ancestors first discovered the enlightened path with pen and paper, ink has been spilled in the name of everything, from Gary Stus, to harems, to simple masturbatory urges.

In the year 2012, after a millenia of written conflict, the destructive nature of the animu industry could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of shitty adaptations, and otaku fandom.

But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the industry. Instead, the apocalypse was just the prologue to another bloody chapter of animu history. For otakus had succeeded in destroying the world.

The rise of Gary Stus and Harem kings has been steady of the last decade. For we have lost much in the times of competent and deep characters due to Otakus and NEETS given a protagonist which they can fantasize living their lives. Unfortunately in the anime industry, these people are the ones who are buying everything, this is the prodominent market and thus creators and LN has shifted their focus to these type of stories just to stay afloat.
.................................................. ......................Should I laugh or try to find you a doctor?
Old 2012-12-08, 13:00   Link #857
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Quote omitted....
Hmm . . . At first glance he indeed sounds like a pitiful troll, but actually he does have point there. Anyone realizes that majority of LN in recent years have been changed into some kind of wish-fulfillment stories? With dominant/sometimes stereotypical MC, full of girls, circumtances where the MC can keep adding his harem members, and such? sorry for off-topic and kinda generalizing things, it's just my own opinion anyway.

Or perhaps, that guy come from the age where LNs like Cowboy Bebop/slayers/Maru-Ma still became standard story.
Old 2012-12-08, 13:16   Link #858
Menthuss
INFERNO DIVIDER!

Quote:

Fucking brilliant.

To the people who don't get it, he's parodying the opening to Metal Gear Solid 4 where the main character has a monologue about war and how it has become routine.

Last edited by Menthuss; 2012-12-08 at 13:28.
Menthuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 13:39   Link #859
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
-too long-
Some valid points, but LNs are made for Japanese audience.
If they demand some generic harem, they will get generic harem LNs.
Publishers promote them, consumers buy them, as simple as that.

@Insane, wasn't Cowboy Bepop an anime original? Since when did it become a LN?
Old 2012-12-08, 14:23   Link #860
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menthuss View Post
Fucking brilliant.

To the people who don't get it, he's parodying the opening to Metal Gear Solid 4 where the main character has a monologue about war and how it has become routine.
Oh. My bad, arekwibowo.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)