Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-21, 21:06   Link #2021
alviam099

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlucid View Post
Thanks for the translation!

I wonder if Tigre will ever develop his close combat skills? We've seen he's at least a little capable when unarmed right? Like when he defends a then unknown Olga against three assailants.

If he ever does learn how to use a sword; I somewhat doubt it'll be anything like the Black Blade, but rather some small sword that can be carried around with his bows and quivers. Just seems that the bow is a bit of a nuke, a pure exchange of life force for direct power that kills opponents in one hit. While that isn't uninteresting per se, it's just his fights seem a little binary. Either his opponent is killed outright or not.
He already has a dagger.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 21:19   Link #2022
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobarta View Post
the illustrator was sick,but hopefully the next volume will be awesome and fun filled with pictures =)

And ya, I was also curious about how Tallard supposedly "lied" to Tigre and what his trump card is

Ahahahhah I loooooooove Olga, she can only strip in front of Tigre lolololol

But that comment about Tigre showing the aura of a king and reassuring everyone, if only for a moment. Now THAT was epic.
I had no idea, thank you.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 00:59   Link #2023
Vinz55

Thanks for the translation. Very nice work.

The siege battle is a little too simple. The author seems more adept at depicting field battle. It's still nice to see Tigre's developing leadership.

Kinda sad there is no mention of Sophie. I kinda expect that the author won't waste such huge plot potential on 1 chapter but I'm still disappointed somewhat.

Olga ends up joining the club even before Sophie. Introduced last, finished third. None too shabby...
Vinz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 23:09   Link #2024
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Hm. Any thoughts on what we should call Brune and Zchted's language? Brun? Brunese? Zchtese? Just having "Brune language" bothers my mind.
Iskatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-24, 23:31   Link #2025
holybell84

Vanadis Tigre saw naked: Ellen, Sophie, Mira and Olga.....

Wow, for every Vanadis he met, he get to see them naked.....
Old 2013-06-25, 16:47   Link #2026
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Vanadis Tigre saw naked: Ellen, Sophie, Mira and Olga.....

Wow, for every Vanadis he met, he get to see them naked.....
Don't forget that he groped just about each and every one of them in some way to

Ellen-groped her breast when he tackled her in practice combat, also groped them while sleeping when Ellen tried to wake her up

Sophie-She fell on top of him while naked and his hand touched her hips, not sure which one I'd be more jealous of o_O

Spoiler for spoiler:

Mira-groped her breast whilst sleeping

Valentia-also groped her breast whilst sleeping

Olga-groped her butt while sleeping, continued on over the period of their ship ride to Asvarre

Teita-shot and arrow which ripped off a large majority of her clothes near her abdomen

Spoiler for picture:

Lim-groped her beast when she tried to get back her stuffed animal

Regin-washed her back for her

also note that he HAS seen the following naked while they were showering-Ellen, Mira, Sophie, Regin, Olga

On his to do list-Valentia, Elizaveta, Princess Guinevere

To be quite honest-I'd be kind of intrigued if Tallard Graham was also a princess in disguise or at the very least still a good guy. I mean, the author has kind of invested a tad bit too much into Tallard's "Nice personality" to all of a sudden write him off as evil.

1)The people of Asvarre love him
2)Been seen that he disapproves on unfair treatment of citizens, like the general abducted kids, or Prince Jermaine's method of controlling people through fear
3)Him competing in a friendly competition in archery with Tigre
4)Kind of a genius in military tactics-He tested Tigre's ability in combat, battle tactics, and also analyzed that prince Elliot would be unable to keep up his army of 30,000 for long due to supplies

current idea is that Tallard has some allegiance to the princess Guinevere, long lost child of royalty, or ambitious and wants the throne because he feels he is the best fit

Last edited by noobarta; 2013-06-25 at 17:11.
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 17:51   Link #2027
Rasen

Many thanks to Setsuna for all his/her hard work on translating! It definitely slaked a thirst of mine.

However, just wanna put out there that the posted translations of volume 6 on Baka-Tsuki could use some scrubbing by people with access to the raws, especially the 2nd and 3rd chapters. Regular people can handle editing English, but sometimes there are lines which make no sense as they are, and it would be bad form to just guess what they meant.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 19:45   Link #2028
Tru3Ph03niX

Quote:

On his to do list-Valentia, Elizaveta, Princess Guinevere
You forgot Sasha.

I'm stuck trying to find stuff to read till all these stories are translated.
Btw quick question.
Does the majority believe that Tigre will end up making the princess of Asvarre fall for him or is it just me?
Tru3Ph03niX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 19:47   Link #2029
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru3Ph03niX View Post
You forgot Sasha.

I'm stuck trying to find stuff to read till all these stories are translated.
Btw quick question.
Does the majority believe that Tigre will end up making the princess of Asvarre fall for him or is it just me?
Don't know what you mean by majority. Few are actually aware of his mission in Asvarre and I don't think any know about his harem charm.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 22:41   Link #2030
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Don't know what you mean by majority. Few are actually aware of his mission in Asvarre and I don't think any know about his harem charm.
think he means how many of us rather than those in novel XD

and ya forgot about Sasha, but wanted to put it off until she was fully healed from her sickness :l
Old 2013-06-26, 22:26   Link #2031
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Thank ‎Setsuna86 for finishing the translation of vol 6.

Have anyone got any Illustrations of vol 7? or the synopsis of vol 7?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 22:32   Link #2032
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
However, just wanna put out there that the posted translations of volume 6 on Baka-Tsuki could use some scrubbing by people with access to the raws, especially the 2nd and 3rd chapters. Regular people can handle editing English, but sometimes there are lines which make no sense as they are, and it would be bad form to just guess what they meant.
Do you hear that, my friend?

That is the sound of the pounding migraine I'm getting right about now.

I assume you mean paragraphing and the flow of sentences into each other rather than just the flow of phrases within a sentence.

Yes, admittedly it isn't up to par, and the main problem is that it's a pain to convert Japanese prose into English prose. It's not Epic-Superunique-Elite-Champion-class difficult, but it's tedious as hell.

And on that note, maybe I should start that long edit from Ch2.

Spoiler for apology:
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 22:56   Link #2033
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post

I assume you mean paragraphing and the flow of sentences into each other rather than just the flow of phrases within a sentence.

Yes, admittedly it isn't up to par, and the main problem is that it's a pain to convert Japanese prose into English prose. It's not Epic-Superunique-Elite-Champion-class difficult, but it's tedious as hell.

Spoiler for apology:
no worries dude, I'll try going through the chapters again for sentence flow if it helps
Old 2013-06-27, 00:55   Link #2034
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

I'm doing chapter five right now and it's taking quite a while due to various summer things that don't let me have a lot of free time.
Iskatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 04:35   Link #2035
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Quote:

Spoiler for apology:
Why no chapter 4 lol?
Old 2013-06-27, 05:30   Link #2036
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Should I start reading vol 6 or wait for a week or 2 so that the editor could work their magic?

*Edit*

I made up my mind, I would finish reading HO vol 2 before reading vol 6.

Anyone know the synopsis of vol 7?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”

Last edited by mike211; 2013-06-27 at 05:54.
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 17:59   Link #2037
Tru3Ph03niX

Quote:
think he means how many of us rather than those in novel XD

and ya forgot about Sasha, but wanted to put it off until she was fully healed from her sickness :l
Yea I was talking about the people in the forums not in the novel.
My bad, I worded it incorrectly.

Vol 7 came out just recently right? anyone seen anything yet?
Tru3Ph03niX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 21:44   Link #2038
Rasen

Quote:

Spoiler for apology:
I am sorry to hear about your migraine. I know translating is very difficult.

As for what I meant, I mean that chapters 2 and 3 in particular had lines like:

Quote:
Although she gave an impression as if she was slightly absentminded with a no table tub, she was strangely amiable.
While we can guess as to what the line intended to convey, "no table tub" is an enigma that we can't drop without fearing that we're losing something.

If the translation is accurate, group-editing can handle improper grammar, and rewriting the prose to read more naturally. But encountering lines like

Quote:
He did not even mind to have any problem even if he became steady carelessly as a feudal domain in the sea
is like hitting a brick wall without being able to read/understand the source material. (That particular line has since been edited by someone, and I can only hope they didn't just make stuff up.)
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 01:24   Link #2039
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Should I start reading vol 6 or wait for a week or 2 so that the editor could work their magic?

*Edit*

I made up my mind, I would finish reading HO vol 2 before reading vol 6.

Anyone know the synopsis of vol 7?
As fair warning, I have no knowledge of the actual contents of the seventh volume.

That said, shit will go down, mooks will die, bad guys will get dragon arrows up the anus, and Tigre will see naked people.
Old 2013-06-28, 01:42   Link #2040
holybell84

Imagine the author trolling us and have Tigre seeing Tallard naked lol

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)