AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-09-09, 02:21   Link #41
Honda Boy Techy
I has a Civic

Gonna jump in here for a sec. I'm a UT (University of Tennessee Knoxville) Fan. I hope they do better this year but I'm so glad I can finally rub somethin in my manager's face at work. He's a Notre Dame fan. Ok I'm smack dab in Middle Tennessee and my ass munch manager has been puttin down UT all this time and it pissed me off. No one at work who gives the slightest shred of crap about football is a UT fan but me (cause I'm one of only 2 TN natives that works there). The old owner was. We had UT crap all over the kitchen. Well he leaves, all the UT stuff comes down and the manager just keeps puttin them down sayin they suck.

Retribution

The last 2 weeks have been great. I'll be sittin in the office with him watchin the Notre Dame games, laughin my ass off like never before. As they say, karma's a bitch. I'm so happy to see my team win a little and watch his get clobbered.

BTW no offense to any Notre Dame fans. I'm just enjoyin shuttin my managers trap for once.
Honda Boy Techy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 15:16   Link #42
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
College Football: Wk Two Scoreboard

Spoiler for College Football Wk 2: Scoreboard:

Sorry for doing this late time, maybe I'm getting of little understanding on the message boards so far and screw ups as well, Oh I forgot!

Spoiler for Top 25 AP Poll; Sept 9th:

Coaches Poll come later tonight!

Even more on Wk One NFL Action and more.
Old 2007-09-11, 14:49   Link #43
Highman

Post NFL Week One Highlights and Scoreboards

Spoiler for NFL Week One Scoreboard:

Spoiler for One Player's Life Has Been Dramitically Changed:

I'll be back later tonight with CFL news and more NFL news.
Old 2007-09-11, 17:44   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

CFL is crazy this year, or at least, in a sense where one needs to expect an upset from some unfamiliar teams that get to beat down a familiar team who coasts through the season.

NFL on the other hand.... well, Ojisan likes the evil Patriots. I call that an easy way out. Either way, they aren't winning it all.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 18:12   Link #45
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Man App St beating Mich was classic, Oregon beating Mich was hilarious. As a MSU fan I just cant help not laughing at the Mich fans who give us crap every year. Now we're 2-0 and theyre 0-2...course its a long season...hopefully MSU wont choke like we normally do mid-season

Anyone know who's favored in the ND v UofM game??
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 18:28   Link #46
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
NFL on the other hand.... well, Ojisan likes the evil Patriots. I call that an easy way out. Either way, they aren't winning it all.
I'm not sure which "Ojisan" you're talking about. If you're referring to me, I live in the Boston suburbs. Who else am I going to root for?

If you're talking about "Ojisan" xris, I'll let him speak for himself.

You're not old enough to remember all the bad teams we had here. The drought wasn't as bad as with the Red Sox, but it was long enough.

I'm not dumb enough to think that one win over the Jets, however convincing, tells us much of anything yet. Still, if Randy Moss can keep his mouth shut and do what Belicheck tells him, he looks to be a major upgrade at WR. Apparently Brady looked like the cat that ate the canary when asked about Moss during the press conference on Friday.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 15:03   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm not sure which "Ojisan" you're talking about. If you're referring to me, I live in the Boston suburbs. Who else am I going to root for?

If you're talking about "Ojisan" xris, I'll let him speak for himself.
You are the sensei. The Ojisan is the one and only, Mr. Xris, who represents. whoo-ahh!

Quote:
You're not old enough to remember all the bad teams we had here. The drought wasn't as bad as with the Red Sox, but it was long enough.
Technically speaking, I haven't listed my age, so I can play the role of a senile old man and be the pompous young-un in the same post without much trouble. Red Sox rules! Patriots?.. ?.. ? hmmmm.....

Quote:
I'm not dumb enough to think that one win over the Jets, however convincing, tells us much of anything yet. Still, if Randy Moss can keep his mouth shut and do what Belicheck tells him, he looks to be a major upgrade at WR. Apparently Brady looked like the cat that ate the canary when asked about Moss during the press conference on Friday.
Btw, as a Patriot-fan yourself, may I ask if you cheat in cards? I'm not a Jets fan, btw.
Old 2007-09-13, 15:38   Link #48
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Indeed I do support the Pats but I would say that it's not because I recently jumped on the band wagon. I supported the Pats before you were born, young monir me lad, back in the day when they were well and truly crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei
Nod, nod. In fact I used to fly from the U.K. to Boston to watch the Pats play Well, I did this about three times if I remember correctly, once I flew in on a Saturday, watched the game on the Sunday and flew back that night staying in the U.S. for a total of 28 hours. That was back when the flight would only cost me £12.

Been watching some of the recent College games, and they are a blast. I was sooo impressed by the 110,000 crowd (90% or more wearing white) at the Penn State vs Notre Dame game. That was a sight.

Will be watching Notre Dame @ Michigan on Saturday, see who finally manages to win their first game of the season.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 15:57   Link #49
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Technically speaking, I haven't listed my age, so I can play the role of a senile old man and be the pompous young-un in the same post without much trouble. Red Sox rules! Patriots?.. ?.. ? hmmmm.....
The Patriots didn't exist until I was about 11 or so. People in the Boston area rooted for the Giants as the closest team (that was the Y.A. Tittle and Frank Gifford period). Even after the Patriots arrived we didn't watch the AFL much because the quality of play was so poor in the early years. My mother and I were Fran Tarkenton fans, so we tended to root for the Vikings through my time in high school. She hated the Cowboys when Landry coached them; she thought they represented everything she disliked about Texas (no offense, Texans!). I can recall a couple of Dallas-Minnesota contests on Thankgiving day. She'd be jumping out of her chair if Fran threw a touchdown against the Boys.

I didn't start taking an interest in the Patriots until after I left college. The oldest memory I have is of the infamous roughing-the-passer call in the 1974(?) playoffs against the Raiders.

Quote:
Btw, as a Patriot-fan yourself, may I ask if you cheat in cards? I'm not a Jets fan, btw.
Just last night I was talking with some friends about this very thread, and your characterization of the Patriots as "evil." I don't know what the deal is with the videotaping, but I figured I'd hear about it at some point this week, and probably from you . For the record, I usually lose money at cards. Maybe I should consider hiring someone to videotape the other folks' hands.

I hadn't seen anything on the forum about xris being a Pats fan, until just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
That was back when the flight would only cost me £12
£12??? What were you doing, sleeping with a stewardess and getting special rates?
Old 2007-09-13, 16:58   Link #50
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well I guess this issue is still pretty fresh considering the NFL has yet to to give punishment, but what do you guys think about the Patriots being involved in cheating by having a secret video guy who tapes the defensive hand signals of the opposing team in an effort to gain a distinct competitive advantage??

I honestly think it has the potential to taint their Super Bowl legacy because head coach Bill Belichick has been caught before and the league specifically singled the Pats out as a team that dealt in this type of shadyness (Going so far as to send them and all other teams a written letter saying these type of actions will not be tolerated)....New Commissioner Godell has already shown he's by far the most stern and heavy-handed league head in years for any sport...I mean this guy suspended a Dallas assistant coach for 5 games because he used HGH(Human Growth Hormones) to help him cope with his body deteriorating from diabeties! Not to mention the whole Pac-Man Jones fiasco...I expect some huge fines and suspensions for this, not to mention draft picks to be taken...I think the punishment will be much bigger than some are expecting...

Additionally the credibility of the Pats championships are taking a big hit as league players are recalling all sorts of incidents where they believed the Patriots were cheating...So if they were still blatantly cheating after the NFL had already told them it wouldn't be tolerated, whose to say what they did when there was no light shed on this issue...To say the least this issue is gonna put a shadow over their DYNASTY and their head coach who up to this point has been considered a genius for the ages...
Old 2007-09-14, 09:26   Link #51
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Indeed I do support the Pats but I would say that it's not because I recently jumped on the band wagon. I supported the Pats before you were born, young monir me lad, back in the day when they were well and truly crap.
Well, it's not like you have to be that old to remember that - fifteen years old would probably be enough.

I can understand that though - people assume that I became a Bronco fan when they started winning Super Bowls. They can never understand the levels of ridicule I had to endure after Super Bowl XXIV because I happened to live in what's considered the San Francisco 49ers broadcast area.
Old 2007-09-14, 15:11   Link #52
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Results of the Patriots scandal:

Coach Bill Belichick fined $500,000 (Maximum fine allowed)

Patriots fined $250,000

Patriots will LOSE next year's first round draft pick if they make the playoffs, but if they miss the playoffs it will be a 2nd and 3rd rounder...

Somewhat stiff penalty, but the Pats still get off light because they had 2 first-round picks to begin with...Totally surprised they didn't suspend Belichick for multiple games...Players and coaches around the league are pretty outraged he didn't get suspended (However that could be sour grapes toward the Pats in general)...At the end of the day Belichick still has to come outta his OWN pockets with half a million...My personal opinion is based on NFL Commissioner Roger Godell's track record, that's a pretty lenient ruling (all things considered)...
Old 2007-09-15, 08:29   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Well, sir, if they can't make it to the playoff this year, we will know what their secret recipe has been for that winning formula all along. The good old days of Patriot's being crap may return to its full glory once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

I didn't start taking an interest in the Patriots until after I left college. The oldest memory I have is of the infamous roughing-the-passer call in the 1974(?) playoffs against the Raiders.
I never had any doubt that Ojisan is an old sinner, and now I'm finally convinced that Seiji Sensei is also an old man.

Quote:
Just last night I was talking with some friends about this very thread, and your characterization of the Patriots as "evil." I don't know what the deal is with the videotaping, but I figured I'd hear about it at some point this week, and probably from you . For the record, I usually lose money at cards. Maybe I should consider hiring someone to videotape the other folks' hands.
As I've mentioned to Wing, this isn't going to go away for the Patriots and their fans anytime soon. As incredible as they have been in the past 5 years, they will have to do it even better this year. I think the only way for them to rest any future speculation and ponderance in any tangent is for the Patriots to make it to the Superbowl this year regardless they win it or not.

Btw, I got a camera in my cellphone, so if you need to videotape something you know who to call.

Quote:
I hadn't seen anything on the forum about xris being a Pats fan, until just now.
And you wouldn't have if Ojisan wasn't being so amused on few of my *deeds* in the past couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well I guess this issue is still pretty fresh considering the NFL has yet to to give punishment, but what do you guys think about the Patriots being involved in cheating by having a secret video guy who tapes the defensive hand signals of the opposing team in an effort to gain a distinct competitive advantage??
I think it's a huge a advantage. One can adjust to the defense and the offense of the opposition accordingly when one knows what's coming. Remember when Tampabay won their superbowl against the Oakland a few years back? Mr. Gruden pretty much knew what play the Raiders' offense will run, and the defense just needed to be adjusted accordingly.

Even with this ridiculous amount of fines and the negation of the draft picks, this thing isn't over for the Patriots. They will be under intense scrutiny from here on, by the league and the teams, and if they fail to make even the playoffs, everyone will be nodding their knowing little heads. The talks will be back and questions will be raised all the way to their superbowl titles.

I also felt like a genius for a moment after I read that particular news, because the previous day I made a insane prediction in this thread, against all odds, that Pats aren't winning it all.
Old 2007-09-18, 15:26   Link #54
Highman

NFL Week Two Scorebards and Highlights:

Spoiler for NFL Wk Two Scoreboards:

I hope I'm not getting penalized for too much hotlinking, we'll were just getting better for for this
thread and was wondering does anyone play Fantasy Football, if anyone does pls PM me and we chat later about on also more news also.
Old 2007-09-18, 15:43   Link #55
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I hope I'm not getting penalized for too much hotlinking, we'll were just getting better for for this
thread and was wondering does anyone play Fantasy Football, if anyone does pls PM me and we chat later about on also more news also.
Hotlinking? Just to point out, you are not hotlinking, you are just providing links to the original site hosting the information (in this case the boxscores). This is the correct thing to do so you are not doing anything wrong. Take a look at what Wiki has to say about Hotlinking

And thanks for providing the spoiler tags since I haven't finished watching the Monday Night Game between the Redskins @ Eagles
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 11:00   Link #56
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Looks like the Patriots has found a new way to cheat that can be summarized in two simple words: Randy Moss. Damn them.
Old 2007-10-08, 00:42   Link #57
Highman

We'll I thought this thread is dead because no American Football fans even in this forum and come to this thread, well thanks the for post and man well those Pats are gonna slow down or maybe undefeated, for Moss he gonna have a good season if he stops complaining, oh he already stopped complaining, so i guess he's gonna have a hell of a season, but speaking a hell of a season College Football is going crazy as well. I'll have Polls later this morning. Oh thanks again on reviving this thread.
Old 2007-10-08, 08:28   Link #58
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but this Patriots team is better than any of the ones that won the Super Bowl.

Most of this season's victories have had a "just another day at the office" feel to them. They look as professional and in command as any team I've ever seen.

I only wish my mother was still alive so she could watch Brady tie Roger Staubach's record for highest winning percentage in the first 100 games played -- in Dallas next Sunday. I wonder if anyone in the NFL front-office was thinking about that possibility when they made the 2007 schedule. It certainly will be the game of the season so far.

Oh, and while I don't follow college football or BC, I'm stunned that they could be ranked as high as five this week. Whatever happened to strength of schedule? A bunch of victories over weak ACC opponents, UMass, and Bowling Green makes them a top-ten or better team? Sure....
Old 2007-10-14, 20:32   Link #59
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Oh boy! Only one team left that can potentially challenge the Patriots. The Cowboys did give hope until the 3rd quarter, but then they were methodically discarded to the oblivion by the efficient Patriots offense. It's all up to Manning to give the Patriots something to ponder about.

P.S. I'm talking about the "good" Manning and not the pretender.

Quote:
We'll I thought this thread is dead because no American Football fans even in this forum and come to this thread, well thanks the for post
I know! The world isn't as crazy about American version of the Footbal as it seems. They don't know what they are missing.
Old 2007-10-14, 20:37   Link #60
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My mother smiled from the great beyond.

Tags
american football, sports