AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-12-31, 01:40   Link #1
keisuke_san

Highly Recommended!!

does anyone have any animes that you just have to watch.. i really dont care what genre they are im just in need to a really really good series... lately ive had no luck i keep finding series that only have 2 eps or they have a really slow story line... any ideas???
Old 2004-12-31, 01:45   Link #2
wildfire
I'm heaven's hell angel

I like this one but it's sort of older,not by much though.
Gunslinger Girl
It's kewl I love it.It's got action and romance,most people say Horror(Not true..only some deaths in almost every show.)
Old 2004-12-31, 03:08   Link #3
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

I have one recommendation that any anime fan should see, it is.....Revolutionary Girl Utena. It is arguably the best series ever made and the movie is just as good. The story is very deep and complex though so if you don't want something that makes you think, don't see this but it is excellent. Another one I love is Rose of Versailles, it shares a similar aesthetic to Utena and the story is euqally touching and entertaining. Another series I like is Saint Seiya. It has a pretty slow start but it lays the ground for an incredible story to develop. That should keep you busy for a while [B]
Old 2004-12-31, 08:39   Link #4
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by keisuke_san
does anyone have any animes that you just have to watch.. i really dont care what genre they are im just in need to a really really good series... lately ive had no luck i keep finding series that only have 2 eps or they have a really slow story line... any ideas???
I'm gonna stick to more recent series:

1. School Rumble : a comedy : the story is about a stupid girl that falls in love with some weirdo in her class, but he's completely oblivious of the fact. The things she does just to get close to him are hilarious. However she doesn't know that the class' delinquent is in love with her, and he's possibly even dumber . Trust me this series is very funny.

2. Soukyuu no Fafner ~Dead Agressor : at first it seemed like an evangelion rip-off but it has quite a good storyline of it's own. the story : Tatsumiyajima is the central island in the middle of a small cluster of islands, in a sleepy backwater of the Japanese isles. Not much happens there, and the island's young people go to school knowing that their lives are likely to remain peaceful and undisturbed. Or so they have been taught... but the truth is different. The fate of mankind is on the line, and Tatsumiyajima is the last line of defense against a hostile and incomprehensible enemy. At the center of it all, fighting for Humanity's continued existence, is the giant robot Fafner, the dragon that guards this final treasure of mankind.
It sounds like a dumb mecha but believe me it's not.

3. Aishiteru ze Baby : A shoujo anime about Kippei, a lazy kid who sudenly has to take care of his 5 year old niece Yuzuyu that was abandonned by her mother. A heartwarming, beautiful anime.

4. Mai HiME : another good action anime, which is enjoyable from start to finish :
Tokiha Mai and her sickly younger brother, Takumi, have received a scholarship to attend the prestigious Fuuka Academy. On the way, the ferry they are travelling on becomes the site of a destructive battle between two girls wielding apparently supernatural powers. This is only the beginning of their troubles, as Mai learns that she herself possesses these powers - the powers of a HiME.

5. The Melody of Oblivion : This anime is not quite like the others, it belongs in the psychological/mindtwisting section :
A great war occurred in the 20th century between humans and monsters. Since that time, the monsters rule the world in fear but keep relatively hidden from public view. A boy named Bokka ponders the past and wonders what became of the Meros Warriors who defended the world so bravely against the demons. He soon meets Kurofune and learns of the power of the Meros and the I-bar machines they ride in battle. Warriors are the only ones who can see and hear the Melody of Oblivion, a phantom girl hidden away waiting to be rescued and be the savior of mankind. During a battle between Kurofune and a demon, Bokka discovers something only his wildest dreams could possibly imagine...he too can hear that melody.

thx to ANN for some descriptions
Old 2004-12-31, 08:53   Link #5
Yuiichi
Retired.

The one anime that i would have to suggest would be Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Very very emotional anime. I found myself crying... the first time i cried in years. Quite the experience.

Description from Animenfo.com:
Narumi Takayuki is a third year high school student, who doesn't study very much for the college entrance exams. However, he is wasting his days neither studying nor being able to find anything else interesting to do.

His friends Taira Shinji and Hayase Mizuki are both busy with studying and swimming, so Takayuki is left feeling very alone.

Until one day, when he meets a girl...

It is a "Media Factory Work", so you will have a hard time finding it on fansub.

Last edited by Yuiichi; 2004-12-31 at 09:43.
Old 2005-01-02, 01:57   Link #6
evil-samurai

Elfen Lied!!! - man the first ep blows you away , although its only 13 eps , its the best anime of 2004 BY FAR!! , watch it if you dont mind a bit of nudity + LOTS! of blood ,
i'd says its best not to read + or see anything about just go watch + enjoy it
WARNING! : Contains lots of blood and heads flying off!
Old 2005-01-02, 10:08   Link #7
bakamon

Beck is a nice anime. It's about a band, so if music anime (I'm not sure if there are other animes like this) strikes your fancy, do try it. As a musician I recommend it warmly!
Old 2005-01-02, 11:13   Link #8
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

If there are two new shows who are really worth watching without a doubt it's

Gankutsuo Or in other words, a Sci-Fi version of the Count of Monte Cristo,
the strange animation may sometimes be a bit tacky but it's enchanting how the computer grahpics at to the feeling of the Anime.

Genshiken The life of Otaku's, this will kill you, guaranteed

Old 2005-01-02, 13:49   Link #9
JoeStoppable
I'm Unstoppable

Send a message via AIM to JoeStoppable
The animes I highly recommend is

Noir - One of the greatest. Animation is smooth, music is just like wow. Best OST in my opinion. And story line is awsome. I watched it like a thousand times

Elfen Lied - This anime had to be one of the top 3 animes of 2004 (even though the poll on this site gave it like 6th place or something like that). OP is good, There is a melody that they play in the anime that comes from a box. Its just the BG music from the OP but its soooo good. Animation is freakin awsome. Story line is killer. Its just a good anime all around. But hopefully a season 2 comes out!!!

Gankutsu - A good ol anime for ya. Animation is like hardcore never before seen type stuff. Its still awsome. Story is a dark, revenge story. Voice overs are well thought out, and OP is good. I dont really care for the ED song but yah.

Natsuiro No Sunadokei - Its like KGNE but like combined in with butterfly effect and yah. Its just a good short anime. Nothing too long so it wont take that long.

Kappa No Kaikata - Its about raising water imps, no fancy art kinda stuff. Its simple but still awsome. Very short episodes but hilarious
Old 2005-01-02, 14:28   Link #10
ChainLegacy
廉頗

A great new anime is School Rumble. It's very funny, but it also has a warm-hearted storyline. My brother even likes it, despite him hating all anime, so that must mean something.
Old 2005-01-04, 21:14   Link #11
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
I kinda like (make that love) Maison Ikkoku. Right now what I'm watching is You're Under Arrest season 2, long download but well worth it.http://forums.animesuki.com/newreply...te=1&p=406908#
Offtopic
Old 2005-01-04, 21:36   Link #12
Sgt. Sigma Lambert
Helghast Sgt.

Send a message via AIM to Sgt. Sigma Lambert Send a message via MSN to Sgt. Sigma Lambert
Talking Wonder if there is one

Sorry messed up first time I reconmend mai Hime, bleach and BEET

Last edited by Sgt. Sigma Lambert; 2005-01-04 at 21:38. Reason: because I got the wrong idea of the message
Closed Thread