AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 17:43   Link #441
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post

BTW any news on Blue Drop fanfics I'm sure they're gonna start poping up sooner or later.
I'd ask Micchi on that particular subject.
Hakuryu_Hikaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 21:15   Link #442
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kieli; 2007-11-10 at 21:59. Reason: Tagging for those complaining.
Kieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 21:51   Link #443
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I hate to be the one to state things like this but I think the conversation has once again been diverted to the manga and as such should take place in the thread that is in the manga section.

Please keep in mind many of us are still waiting for subs for ep 5 and beyond and/or haven't read the manga (which is still being translated), and since we're all working within a single thread as opposed to an entire section with multiple threads, it would be nice for people to be mindful of those who haven't gotten "up to date" yet.
Old 2007-11-10, 21:58   Link #444
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I hate to be the one to state things like this but I think the conversation has once again been diverted to the manga and as such should take place in the thread that is in the manga section.

Please keep in mind many of us are still waiting for subs for ep 5 and beyond and/or haven't read the manga (which is still being translated), and since we're all working within a single thread as opposed to an entire section with multiple threads, it would be nice for people to be mindful of those who haven't gotten "up to date" yet.
It's difficult NOT to discuss the two in conjunction, especially when speculating, because we're dealing with the Blue Drop universe overall. Apologies for the diversion but I think it may happen alot regardless. Especially when comparing the differences between the two. The original Blue Drop manga has already been translated; it's just Bokura that is still ongoing. For me, the first manga is the kicker. Bokura just makes my skin crawl *shudder*

Everyone has been VERY careful about putting things in spoiler tags for the most part and have been quite considerate in that regard. I think I'll go back and edit my previous posts where I may have lapsed in doing that.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:15   Link #445
Zippicus

I'm in agreement with Solace. There is so much being discussed in this thread that hasn't even been touched upon in the anime. I can understand people wanting to talk about Blue Drop, I myself find it pretty fascinating so far. That being said I'm finding myself trying to avoid this thread because of all extra non-anime related discussion. The spoiler tags help but even the descriptions on some of those tags are pretty big hints. So please have mercy on those of us patiently awaiting subs
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 22:16   Link #446
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli View Post
It's difficult NOT to discuss the two in conjunction, especially when speculating, because we're dealing with the Blue Drop universe overall. Apologies for the diversion but I think it may happen alot regardless. Especially when comparing the differences between the two. The original Blue Drop manga has already been translated; it's just Bokura that is still ongoing. For me, the first manga is the kicker. Bokura just makes my skin crawl *shudder*

Everyone has been VERY careful about putting things in spoiler tags for the most part and have been quite considerate in that regard. I think I'll go back and edit my previous posts where I may have lapsed in doing that.
Sigh. I'm not complaining, merely stating. It might be difficult to compare but this issue comes up many times when an anime is adapted from manga, and inevitably people start getting ahead of the anime story because of it. It makes it very difficult for people who have not read the manga or have not caught up with the unsubbed episodes to follow the discussion without feeling they need to spoil themselves.

I've read the manga (except for kominoko which I can't find yet), so I can follow all of this. Bokura gets a bit better after the shock from the first few chapters wears off. And yes I have a rough idea of timeline and important characters. But, this discussion started from anime speculation (the opening of ep1) and spiraled into a discussion of parents that you'd only know if you read the manga which covers future events that might spoil future anime episodes.

I'm not trying to be the "bad guy" here. Just asking that people be more mindful, even if it's hiding behind a spoiler tag. It's very nice that people are being civil and trying to avoid blurting out manga events but you know at some point the conversation is going to turn into how events in the anime are going to result in ___ manga plot point and someone is going to slip.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:25   Link #447
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Sigh. I'm not complaining, merely stating. It might be difficult to compare but this issue comes up many times when an anime is adapted from manga, and inevitably people start getting ahead of the anime story because of it. It makes it very difficult for people who have not read the manga or have not caught up with the unsubbed episodes to follow the discussion without feeling they need to spoil themselves.

I've read the manga (except for kominoko which I can't find yet), so I can follow all of this. Bokura gets a bit better after the shock from the first few chapters wears off. And yes I have a rough idea of timeline and important characters. But, this discussion started from anime speculation (the opening of ep1) and spiraled into a discussion of parents that you'd only know if you read the manga which covers future events that might spoil future anime episodes.

I'm not trying to be the "bad guy" here. Just asking that people be more mindful, even if it's hiding behind a spoiler tag. It's very nice that people are being civil and trying to avoid blurting out manga events but you know at some point the conversation is going to turn into how events in the anime are going to result in ___ manga plot point and someone is going to slip.
Really no one knows how the anime is going to turn out. Since Ep 6 is out and those have been hidden under spoiler tags, one cannot spoil what has yet to be. The anime really hasn't followed the manga thus far except for speculation on some of our parts. So really, even manga speculation is irrelevant to the anime except for relative comparisons. Thus, no spoilage can happen unless one is putting unsubbed anime discussion without spoiler tags. The manga and the anime could really turn out to be completely separate entities. This is why I don't understand why people are calling manga discussion "spoiling"; to date, other than Emul Force not much from manga has crept into the anime at all. Speculation is not spoiling the last time I checked. It's just guesswork. If someone reads a spoiler tag, then they have to know what they're getting into. They can't complain because it screams SPOILER all over it. The best thing is to ignore spoilers if you don't want to read them. The anime is NOT a faithful rendition of the manga.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:30   Link #448
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Speaking as someone who has read the manga and finds it difficult to keep from delving into it here, I want to say that Solace and Zippicus are right: we have to be more careful to keep everything that relates to the manga in spoilers whose titles aren't spoilers in themselves. The thread is too interesting for us to make it so some people can't read it. I myself have been frustrated by other threads that have too many spoilers in them for me to even open the thread.

Someone recently pointed out that these threads are for discussion of fansubs, and that those of us who watch raws should be careful not to hijack them. So we should keep our discussion of unsubbed episode or the manga in well-disguised spoiler tags, at least.

As for things that come from the official site, that may or may not be a different matter. I tend to mention some things from the official site because they are clearly things that the makers of the anime feel it is okay for people to read before they see the show. The timeline is from the official site, I believe. I'm not sure about explanations of emul force. The matter of who is whose child is fairly immaterial here, but actually belongs in the manga thread, or at least in spoilers.

I'm not criticizing anybody, even myself. Maybe we really haven't spoiled anything. But we have to be very careful.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 23:15   Link #449
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:

Well, the truth of the matter is, unlike most Anime that come from Manga, nobody can tell for sure where this is going. We can only speculate. And what will happen next is anyone's guess at this point. Still, all things considered, maybe manga info even if not technically a spoiler, becomes impertinent to the Anime thread.
Old 2007-11-10, 23:29   Link #450
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for things that come from the official site, that may or may not be a different matter. I tend to mention some things from the official site because they are clearly things that the makers of the anime feel it is okay for people to read before they see the show. The timeline is from the official site, I believe. I'm not sure about explanations of emul force. The matter of who is whose child is fairly immaterial here, but actually belongs in the manga thread, or at least in spoilers.

I'm not criticizing anybody, even myself. Maybe we really haven't spoiled anything. But we have to be very careful.
Fact is the Official Site is in Japanese. If we can't discuss unsubbed material, would it be fair to a lowly gaijin ignorant of this most beautiful language such as myself, to be exposed to non-translated info? Personally, I don't mind, but I can't speak for other people.
Old 2007-11-10, 23:51   Link #451
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli View Post
Really no one knows how the anime is going to turn out. The anime is NOT a faithful rendition of the manga.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu_Hikaru View Post
Well, the truth of the matter is, unlike most Anime that come from Manga, nobody can tell for sure where this is going. We can only speculate. And what will happen next is anyone's guess at this point. Still, all things considered, maybe manga info even if not technically a spoiler, becomes impertinent to the Anime thread.
All the more reason to *not* use manga material for speculation in my opinion. What happens if a future episode ends up connecting even more to manga events?

You misunderstanding me, I'm not saying you can't discuss the manga and how it relates/compares to anime speculation. We have a manga thread for that. I'm just saying that the topic, even if spoiler tagged, has started to turn to mostly manga speculation. How is x connected to y? What happens if x anime event turns out to be y manga event? I wonder when they'll talk about or introduce this y thing that happened in the manga?

My whole point is that the manga is future events and the anime is prequel events. To that end, even if the stories are not directly related (Hagino/Mari), people are discussing events that could be brought up in the anime that have already happened in the manga.

Maybe it would be easier if Blue Drop had it's own forum, then this whole "argument" would be pretty pointless.
Old 2007-11-11, 00:24   Link #452
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Fact is the Official Site is in Japanese. If we can't discuss unsubbed material, would it be fair to a lowly gaijin ignorant of this most beautiful language such as myself, to be exposed to non-translated info? Personally, I don't mind, but I can't speak for other people.
The timeline, for example, was translated earlier in this thread. That is like providing a sub, so I don't think there's a problem. The problem isn't that it's in Japanese; it's that you can't read it. If we translate it, then you can. I'm in favor of people who know Japanese providing as much of what viewers in Japan see/know as possible.

But on reflection I think it is better to put stuff like the timeline in spoilers (which I think it was), since not every Japanese reads the official site before watching the anime, and it is a different experience if you really don't know what the future holds, even the future that comes after the events that will be shown in the anime.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-11-11, 00:27   Link #453
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Maybe it would be easier if Blue Drop had it's own forum, then this whole "argument" would be pretty pointless.
This argument is already pointless. I don't mind whether we talk about anime or manga, but please, let's talk about Blue Drop! This is a Blue Drop thread after all, isn't it?

So, Simoun-fans has released their version of the first episode. Quite a few dialogues are different from those of Genjo's release, so people should go take a look at it. The comparison may be pretty helpful for people who don't understand Japanese (maybe even for those who do understand too).
Old 2007-11-11, 00:40   Link #454
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
This argument is already pointless. I don't mind whether we talk about anime or manga, but please, let's talk about Blue Drop! This is a Blue Drop thread after all, isn't it?

So, Simoun-fans has released their version of the first episode. Quite a few dialogues are different from those of Genjo's release, so people should go take a look at it. The comparison may be pretty helpful for people who don't understand Japanese (maybe even for those who do understand too).
I disagree but I'm going to drop it anyway. Lets get back to the show.

So, Simoun-fans is doing Blue Drop now too? Great news! I wonder how different the translations are, sometimes it varies quite a bit.
Old 2007-11-11, 00:54   Link #455
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

There you have... I've read the translation of the OP song by Simoin-fans, it kinda makes more sense than Genjo's. It's nerve wrecking. Is it fune or hone? The shirogane part is also confusing. Even in my ignorance, Genjo makes more sense. Sorry for the Romaji and sorry if it's off topic.
Sheesh. I just watched the Simoun sub. The difference is brutal. It's not like calling an ochawan, rice-bowl, as I just saw hours ago in another sub, but really, I strongly recommend people to watch this particular sub.

Last edited by Hakuryu_Hikaru; 2007-11-11 at 02:14. Reason: updating
Old 2007-11-11, 03:26   Link #456
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

Quote:
There you have... I've read the translation of the OP song by Simoin-fans, it kinda makes more sense than Genjo's. It's nerve wrecking. Is it fune or hone? The shirogane part is also confusing.
The OP gave our translators fits... Apparently it wasn't even comprehensible/decipherable without the written lyric sheet due to amusing linguistic games by the songwriter.
oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 03:30   Link #457
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The Simoun-Fans sub is excellent, in my opinion. The English is very natural, and the translation is accurate, as far as I can tell with my amount of Japanese. In every important difference that I could be sure of, Simoun-Fans was more accurate than Genjou. S-F seem to have pondered each phrase and used translations that get as much across as possible, while still staying brief. (Note: I did do a bit with them on Simoun, but not on Blue Drop.)
Old 2007-11-11, 04:24   Link #458
Hakuryu_Hikaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme View Post
The OP gave our translators fits... Apparently it wasn't even comprehensible/decipherable without the written lyric sheet due to amusing linguistic games by the songwriter.
Oh, I am glad it's not just me, then. Genjou did a good job with Ghosthound, though.
Go figure.
Old 2007-11-11, 10:56   Link #459
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Wait...does this mean that Simoun-Fans has already started speed subbing to catch up to what Genjou already has out? Granted, speed subbing really isn't what I prefer but if they've decided to start subbing then it may be a long wait before they can get up to Ep 4. My brain might explode by then
Old 2007-11-11, 11:02   Link #460
Seska

Okay, guys. It was fun at the beginning...

We have our lives. Exames and other things... we are not in competition with others...
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, sci-fi, shounen, yuri