AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 02:09   Link #281
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well this is my first time play this series so I picked normal difficulty... But about your first point, the thing is I'm worried about using my 'weaker' character to attack, so I tend to leave them in support, but the experience they would gain in only support makes it hard if not impossible to level them.

Any tips on leveling up my healers in particular?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 02:15   Link #282
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ healers are actually very easy to level up....just heal whenever a character is damage
even if it's only 1 damage, you'll still get exp.

another way is beat up all the peons and save only the boss. you have a character unequipped
his/her weapon and let the boss attack. once you take damage, move him/her back
and let healer heals. repeats until your healer is level 10 and then just reclass
her into something better...like a pegasus knight.

i guess your healer is Lissa, huh? your healer will level up quickly. and stock up
on healing stick and mend. you'll get another healer later as well. you might want to
keep Lissa as a healer until you get that other replacement healer in chapter 4 or 5.
having a healer around will save you a lot of vulneary...whatever you spell it.

EDIT: for leveling up weaker character, you can try pairing them up with Frederick. you use
your weaker unit to attack. on normal, i dont think your unit gonna be that weak that they
cant handle the enemies. just kill them one by one and get the exp.

EDIT2: oh and remember the weapon basic - axe > lance > sword > axe
flying units are weak against wind magic and bow. that might how you start out some.

Last edited by Xefi; 2013-03-06 at 02:27.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 02:28   Link #283
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post

i guess your healer is Lissa, huh? your healer will level up quickly. and stock up
on healing stick and mend. you'll get another healer later as well. you might want to
keep Lissa as a healer until you get that other replacement healer in chapter 4 or 5.
having a healer around will save you a lot of vulneary...whatever you spell it.
Yeah I just got Maribelle, so you recommend I switch to her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
EDIT: for leveling up weaker character, you can try pairing them up with Frederick. you use
your weaker unit to attack. on normal, i dont think your unit gonna be that weak that they
cant handle the enemies. just kill them one by one and get the exp.
But after I attacked using the weak character I wouldn't be able to switch back to Frederick
Old 2013-03-06, 12:01   Link #284
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah I just got Maribelle, so you recommend I switch to her?

But after I attacked using the weak character I wouldn't be able to switch back to Frederick
play whatever you like man. you can try getting Lissa up to level 20 and then
reclass her to pegasus knight. leveling up the healer is probably the easiest thing
on lunatic when i was playing.
Maribelle can just be your primary healer after Lissa is a pegasus knight.

yeah, it's the sacrifice you have to make if you want to level up the weaker character.
who cares about Frederick? i only use him to get over pass chapter 4-5 on lunatic
and use him to level up Chrom and Avatar. once they're good enough on their
own, i dump him on the side line.

also, i dont know why i marry Frederick to Sumia on my lunatic run. he levels up WAY
too slowly and his stats are craps. it took so long....i'll never marry anyone to Frederick
again on lunatic+. he'll be forever on the SIDE LINE!
Old 2013-03-06, 12:05   Link #285
willx
Nyaaan~~

Helpful: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/

I'm trying to figure out what is a good stat for Morgan(F) to inherit from the Avatar (married Lucina, yes it's a bit creepy and the convos don't really make any sense) -- right now I'm thinking Ignis, but having too many "activated attacks" seems overkill since they can't all trigger.. Ignis + Aether seems overkill. That and I think Astra > Ignis. Just for lulz, I have Lethality, Ignis and Astra all on Avatar(M)

Quote:
Although characters may equip multiple offensive Skills with activation rates, only one of these Skills can activate at a given time; the priority of the Skills goes:
Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance
Old 2013-03-06, 12:15   Link #286
Xacual

Try to pass down a male only ability, like Counter or something. If it was Morgan(M) it's easy, I just passed down Galeforce and called it a day.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 13:37   Link #287
GDB

Personally, I passed Wrath, but other good choices are Counter and Axefaire.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 13:46   Link #288
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Well this is my first time play this series so I picked normal difficulty... But about your first point, the thing is I'm worried about using my 'weaker' character to attack, so I tend to leave them in support, but the experience they would gain in only support makes it hard if not impossible to level them.

Any tips on leveling up my healers in particular?
Use them to heal anyone not at full HP, even if they are only 1 less away from max. For example, say one of your characters has 20/20 HP, and then they level up and get +1 in HP. That character will now have 20/21 HP.
You can use your staff user to heal that mere 1 HP for experience.

As for the Pair Up system, the advantage of pairing up is that your leading unit gets an increase in stats. See here for how it's calculated: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/double.html

Since it's stat and support level dependent, you won't notice a significant increase earlygame, with the exception of Frederick since he's promoted.

However, once you get going, the stat boosts are so massive even in the middlegame that you will always want to be paired up, especially on the higher difficulties. There only a few cases early in the game where you don't want a unit to be paired up.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 13:48   Link #289
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Helpful: http://serenesforest.net/fe13/

I'm trying to figure out what is a good stat for Morgan(F) to inherit from the Avatar (married Lucina, yes it's a bit creepy and the convos don't really make any sense) -- right now I'm thinking Ignis, but having too many "activated attacks" seems overkill since they can't all trigger.. Ignis + Aether seems overkill. That and I think Astra > Ignis. Just for lulz, I have Lethality, Ignis and Astra all on Avatar(M)
Pass down a male class exclusive ability like Counter, which can only be acquired through Warrior. Axefaire is also a good choice if you want Morgan to be a physical unit. Even Wrath is good, but it needs a specific combination of skills to work, like Vantage to attack first so your unit can kill with that extra crit without dying from having low HP on enemy phase.

Passing down Ignis isn't necessary since Morgan can learn it himself when he gets to lv5 Grandmaster.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-03-06 at 14:00.
Old 2013-03-09, 19:51   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

What's a good basic class skill for my mc? I use both magic and melee evenly...
Old 2013-03-09, 22:28   Link #291
Xacual

Quote:
Vantage is pretty good.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-03-09, 22:30   Link #292
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Vantage is pretty good.
You're right My character as a Myrmidon is awesome

Moves like a butterfly, stings like a bee...
Old 2013-03-09, 22:43   Link #293
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
You're right My character as a Myrmidon is awesome

Moves like a butterfly, stings like a bee...
Since you can't get Galeforce .. I think my MC is set up with Ignis, Astral, Vantage, Lifetaker and Counter.
Old 2013-03-09, 22:53   Link #294
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Since you can't get Galeforce .. I think my MC is set up with Ignis, Astral, Vantage, Lifetaker and Counter.
He said basic class.

Quote:
Get Armsthrift from the Mercenary class as well. The skill prevents weapon durability from going down at a Lck*2% chance. When you get to the higher levels and start getting around 40-50 Lck, any weapon you use will be nearly unbreakable, even the more expensive higher ranking ones.
Old 2013-03-09, 23:06   Link #295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Get Armsthrift from the Mercenary class as well. The skill prevents weapon durability from going down at a Lck*2% chance. When you get to the higher levels and start getting around 40-50 Lck, any weapon you use will be nearly unbreakable, even the more expensive higher ranking ones.
I'll keep that in mind.

But on that similar topic, would I miss out big time if I don't reclass Lon'qu ? His thief looks weaker than Myrmidon...
Old 2013-03-09, 23:48   Link #296
Xacual

Quote:
I'll keep that in mind.

But on that similar topic, would I miss out big time if I don't reclass Lon'qu ? His thief looks weaker than Myrmidon...
There's not much reason to get thief skills on Lon'qu. Master Seal him to blade master and then to 15, then second seal to assassin is what I did.

Old 2013-03-10, 02:46   Link #297
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So the only way to recruit Gaius is to talk to him during that chapter he appears?

*flashback - Gaius attacked Fredrick by throwing his body against his spear*

Ermmm yeah... I guess I have to take responsibility for Maribelle...
Old 2013-03-10, 13:35   Link #298
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ pretty much. if you accidentally killed him before Chrom could talk to him,
then he is dead for good.

well, if Gaius is dead, you can always marry Maribelle to Frederick.
Old 2013-03-10, 23:37   Link #299
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
There's not much reason to get thief skills on Lon'qu. Master Seal him to blade master and then to 15, then second seal to assassin is what I did.
You can Second Seal for the stats. It's easier to gain levels (and stats by extension) with an unpromoted class than it is with an promoted class.

There are also a lot of Paralogues with chests, so you may want a Lon'qu as your Thief for a while anyway since Gaius is a little weak in comparison.

If you care about the stats, Frederick may not be the best choice for Maribelle since his modifiers are counterproductive to Maribelle and her child's magic. I would go for Libra, Henry, or Ricken. Libra or Henry are preferred because they have access to Dark Mage.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-03-11 at 00:09.
Old 2013-03-11, 17:19   Link #300
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

IMO, Libra is the only 'good choice' for Maribelle, as Sumia only realistically has Henry as a 'good' husband (Chrom is better off with Olivia/female Avatar, Frederick doesn't offer any 'sustain' skills, while Gaius is better off giving pegasus knight to someone else). And getting Sumia with Henry gives you a load of options, like say a Rallyer (Rally Love/Strength/Speed/Magic), another physical Sol user (STR -2 sucks though), or even another Sorcerer (though the lack of armsthrift is a bummer).

Some other stuff

Lucina - Avatar is hands down the best parent, though Olivia IMO leads the other wives because of access to Galeforce AND Vantage (though you can make a case for Renewal w/Sumia or Renewal+Lifetaker w/Maribelle at the cost of less STR)

Owain - Gregor. Very many times, Gregor, so you get Armsthrift + Sol. Gotta make sure you inherit Galeforce though

Inigo - Anyone really, as long as you inherit Galeforce. I tend to give give him Stahl as a father though, to give him access to Dual Guard without sacrificing SPD (which Frederick/Kellam suffers)

Severa - Lon'qu by a frigging mile. Makes her the best Swordsmaster in the game if you wanna use the swordsmaster exclusive weapons, or a very decent Wyvern Lord due to high SPD + access to Bow+tomebreaker, essentially negating the flying weakeness.

Brady - Libra, due to access to Sorcerer. Inherit Galeforce though

Kjelle - It's either Gaius or Donnel, as I realized in my first playthrough that Dragonstones+ are buyable, while A-rank weapons are not. And as such Kjelle makes more use of Donnel as a father than Nah

Cynthia- Henry, which allows you to inherit Rally STR (for a rallyer) or Sol (for sustain). Alternatively, you get another Sorcerer.

Gerome - I mulled this a lot, but I like him with Vaike the most. Allows him to be a VERY durable War Monk (good luck getting through 41/40 DEF/RES when he has access to Sol+Renewal) that still packs a mean punch (47 STR + Axefaire) or heal in a pinch

Morgan - Chrom is best by default due to Lucina needing Avatar, or Tharja due to Noire having crap base classes

Noire - probably the most useless child, as Archer/Dark Mage/Knight combination is so WTF. So either Avatar to rectify the above problem, or give her Virion so you can have a 'support taxi cab' (ie. Griffon Rider with Deliverer/Dual Guard/Anathema/Bow Breaker/Tome Breaker) or another Sorcerer with access to Tomefaire

Nah - first game I had Donnel but apart from Nah not needing Armsthrift, I found Cynthia as a Rallyer to be too squishy. This playthough I gave her Gaius, and I'm more satisfied this time around due to the AI generally ignoring the 56/51 DEF/RES rallyer if there's another target nearby.

Yarne - I like him with Frederick so you have access to Dual Guard and Deliverer to become a taxi cab for Nah for most of the time. He's also my lockpicker for the same reason, since he can go real far

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3ds, fire emblem